RE: Gamesaurus Rex plays the Germans! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Wheat -> RE: Gamesaurus Rex plays the Germans! (8/24/2014 2:43:29 PM)

Ahh, you posted in this old thread GR, not the one about guards.

Update on GUARDS: I have 22 guards units, T32, two turns of blizzard left.[:)]

Thanks Oshawott, M60 and others, you guys are right, you can get guards IF you attack in blizzard AND the Germans allow you enough opportunities. GR is allowing me many many chances, on purpose though. No sane German player would do what he is doing. You get my drift.

And yes, from all the German radio and newspapers, you are certain the Wehrmacht is nothing but successful. All 3.1 million of them. [8|]

charlie0311 -> RE: Gamesaurus Rex plays the Germans! (8/24/2014 3:10:50 PM)

HI wheat, subj: plenty of gds without assist from axis.

1. form 16 cav corp as early as possible, early Dec (maybe Nov) that will take 48 cav div.
Save up 16 tk bns and 32 sappers in a front of your choosing (Reserve/Kalinin). This stuff transfers into the shock armies as they become available. Also be prepared to transfer arty into the shock armies, some of the stuff you start with plus rckts and mortars you build early to train up and save in your "bank" front, almost the same as the sappers and tk bns. Assign the sappers and tk bns to the cav corps. That will get you 48 gds cav div and 16 gd cav corp no matter what the axis does.

charlie0311 -> RE: Gamesaurus Rex plays the Germans! (8/24/2014 3:18:14 PM)

2. During the "rasputa" (whatever it's called), the mud season, very carefully, and I mean hex by hex, along the entire front, check all your divs for TOE status, withdraw the worn down ones to the nearest rail line and put them on refit (refit only the stuff on rails). They refit fast and you're not wasting trucks and replacements by refitting at the front (more efficient this way). Now you will have 2 and 3 cv divs to attack with.
3. the cav corps will be 5 and 6.

Wheat -> RE: Gamesaurus Rex plays the Germans! (8/24/2014 5:16:41 PM)

charlie0311, remember, you can't form the corps till December, and that's the first month of blizzard, and the month of greatest german weakness. It can be hard I think to pull that many units (48) out of the line against an aggressive competent german player and still hold your lines. Thus its easy to miss getting the most mileage on the first turn of blizzard. I WISH the cav corps could form in Nov.

Otherwise I agree with you in concept, pull what you can, build up away from the front and prepare to attack.

One more issue, what if the German just retreats, which is what I would do? Can still be hard then to get enough victories for tons of guards.

charlie0311 -> RE: Gamesaurus Rex plays the Germans! (8/24/2014 6:00:08 PM)

wheat, ok fair enough. 1) I do what I call a screening defense, what GR would call the cloud of dust retreat. 2) doing so easily saves 50 or more cav divs,some can be used in the front in secondary lines. 3) all 4 shock armies trickle in during december so the last one isn't in operation until jan, not sure of dates, just check out the reinforcement schedule. 4) well worth the wait. 5) By dec you should have close to 300 inf divs, that's right, and I don't care about the skill level of the axis. 6) some of them are fairly potent, as guys keep telling you, not that many however. 7) using the 1/1 bonus you hit the guard max no problem 8) don't know how many without 1/1, ???.

I have one real game going. I offer to take on the both of you (I would be sov), or either one.
I have enough experience now that I can complete most turns in a day or two or so. However in such a challenge case I might start to get extra careful and take more time, that's more fun than rushing anyway. I love to micromanage.

GamesaurusRex -> RE: Gamesaurus Rex plays the Germans! (8/24/2014 8:45:07 PM)

UPDATE FROM OKH:

Leningrad fully "pacified". Large numbers of Russians liquidated. Renamed Stalag Todesberg.

German Army strength UP to 3.2 milliom from 3.1.

Hitler orders the Leningrad Front troops to the East to launch the '42 campaign to retake Moskow.

(Can't say if we have the initial settings right yet, but the 75/75 fortress setting has surely made this a mobile game. Lots of attack-counterattack-attack-counterattack action all along the front from North to South !)

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI