RE: Focus Pacific Beta (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

btd64 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/23/2016 12:06:29 PM)

Para, Couple more things;

1. I think the only way to fix the Dewoitine HD-780 conversion problem is to delete the aircraft and start over. It converts every turn, back and forth.
2. B-19D available date to 43/05.
3. Air units 3529 and 3531, (and any other similar Photo squadron) change the name from PS to PRS.( Photo Recon Squadron ) The PS would be fine, but early on I see Pursuit Squadron, not Recon.

At this point I am going to stop my testing and wait for the next update....GP

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/23/2016 9:25:21 PM)

What would be really helpful if I could get a list from everyone of every specific thing that needs to be fixed, so I can make sure that I get everything.

Here's what I have so far:

1. Fix HD-780 Factory upgrade problem
2. Move B-19D arrival date to 43/05
3. Change naming of air unit 3529 and 3531 to PRS from PS
4. Change names of French air units 4443 and 4392
5. Restrict the Breguet so it's only available to the French, as intended
6. Add additional leaders for all allied nations. Anyone have a good guideline for what stats I should use?
7. Add an upgrade delay for the CA Suffren
8. Change name of air unit 2858
9. Change designation of B-19 patrol squadrons so that they aren't designated as float patrols.
10. Change Japanese air upgrade paths to be more similar to those found in Between the Storms
11. Fix the British torpedo bomber upgrade paths
12. Fix the HQ of the 402nd BG
13. Add the intended Dutch ASW assets
14. Fix arrival date of air unit 3616
15. Fix the King's Mountain AA suite so that it carries the correct 20mm AA
16. Add a few of the Indian bases in the NW corner of the map. I won't add all, as slots in the editor for bases and land units are at a premium.
17. Double check arrival location of 6th Indian Division.

Please get me any other outstanding issues that you've come across.

The plan is to make these changes, release them in the last beta patch, then wait for feedback. If no new bugs are discovered at that point with the changes, I will then move Focus Pacific from beta to release, as I think it is feature complete.

If you have any other wishes for the mod, now is the time to let me know, as I probably won't be adding any new ships, planes or LCUs once I've come out with the release version, as I want people to be able to play the mod without worrying about having to restart their game every time a new patch comes out.

btd64 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/24/2016 1:09:00 AM)

Para, I'll check my notes tomorrow morning. #6, add at random. The list looks pretty complete....GP

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/24/2016 6:39:15 AM)

I've finished all items except for #10, the big one. I really wish there was a JFB who would be willing to step in and help me with these upgrade paths.

Plane upgrades are such a big part of Japanese strategy that I'd hate to screw them up.

btd64 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/24/2016 1:19:15 PM)

1. air unit 3098, start at 18, increase to 36 in 2/44
2. Dutch DB-7's, Two models, both torp and bomb capable. Make one model that does both or the "T" carries torps or bombs and the "B" carries just bombs.
3. air unit 3028, start at 12, increase to 18.
4. air unit 3616, showed up in early 42. I think the rest of the bomb group is fixed.
5. Dutch Baseforces upgrade/downgrade air support. Need to check all of them.
6. Alameda baseforce needs 50 naval support. May of been fixed.
7. LCU's 7634 and 7635 have same name.
8. Perth had a shipyard of 3 in stock. I looked online for info and could not find anything. Maybe add an ARD there or a 10 to 20 shipyard. or just a 3.

Sanderz seems to have a understanding of the japanese aircraft upgrades.

The above items are from posts back to nov 2015 that I haven't seen a fix for. I now await your next update....GP

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/25/2016 1:04:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

1. air unit 3098, start at 18, increase to 36 in 2/44
2. Dutch DB-7's, Two models, both torp and bomb capable. Make one model that does both or the "T" carries torps or bombs and the "B" carries just bombs.
3. air unit 3028, start at 12, increase to 18.
4. air unit 3616, showed up in early 42. I think the rest of the bomb group is fixed.
5. Dutch Baseforces upgrade/downgrade air support. Need to check all of them.
6. Alameda baseforce needs 50 naval support. May of been fixed.
7. LCU's 7634 and 7635 have same name.
8. Perth had a shipyard of 3 in stock. I looked online for info and could not find anything. Maybe add an ARD there or a 10 to 20 shipyard. or just a 3.

Sanderz seems to have a understanding of the japanese aircraft upgrades.

The above items are from posts back to nov 2015 that I haven't seen a fix for. I now await your next update....GP

I had fixed most of this, but there were a couple of outstanding issues that are now taken care of. To fix the Dutch base issue, these base forces are now no longer associated with a "parent" LCU. Their devices will now remain static. This is probably for the best anyway, as I had already tweaked each individual base force quite a bit so they are not really uniform any longer.

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/25/2016 1:29:23 AM)

I think I've straightened out the Japanese Aircraft upgrades. The problem was that the mod inherited its upgrade paths from Ironman. Those upgrade paths allowed the Japanese player to chain-upgrade research factories through entire aircraft trees, which could result in very late game aircraft appearing years ahead of when they should have (think jets in 1943). By using Between the Storms as a template, much of this has been fixed. Japanese players can still chain-upgrade to an extent, but not to a level that was previously available to them.

The other issue was that almost every single bomber tree in Ironman ends with the Ki-93 Ib, a 408mph fighter bomber that is an absolutely deadly kamikaze platform. By removing this upgrade path, the Japanese player won't be able to move all of their bomber production to this aircraft type as easily as before.

In general, the Japanese player will still have access to many aircraft types well before they are available in stock, due to the presence of repaired research factories in Focus Pacific for certain airframes, but the changes I've made should prevent chain-upgrades from moving an airframe from a 1942 model to a 1945 model instantaneously.

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/25/2016 8:03:00 AM)

Here's the latest patch.

I believe I've squashed all the reported bugs. If there are no show-stopping issues, I'll move the mod from beta version to release.

btd64 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/25/2016 3:44:03 PM)

Para, Here's my last 7;
All air units;
1. VS-71, 2 units have the same name, 1776(on Wasp) and 2858.
2. VT-26, 2 " " " " " , 1844, 1974.
3. VF-26, " " " " " " , 1843, 1973.
4. VB-111, " " " " " " , 1961, 2785.
5. VB-104, " " " " " " , 2253, 2775.
6. VB-102, " " " " " " , 2249, 2772.
7. VMSB-242," " " " " " , 2624, 2625.

All yours my friend....GP

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/26/2016 6:29:43 AM)

quote:

Para, Here's my last 7;
All air units;
1. VS-71, 2 units have the same name, 1776(on Wasp) and 2858.
2. VT-26, 2 " " " " " , 1844, 1974.
3. VF-26, " " " " " " , 1843, 1973.
4. VB-111, " " " " " " , 1961, 2785.
5. VB-104, " " " " " " , 2253, 2775.
6. VB-102, " " " " " " , 2249, 2772.
7. VMSB-242," " " " " " , 2624, 2625.

All yours my friend....GP

I think I have this straightened out. Many of these are actually from stock, and aren't actually overlapping unit names. For example, VMSB-242 arrives in 3/42, and then changes its name to VMSB-241 in 5/42. The second VMSB-242 enteres the game in 7/42, after the first VMSB has already switched its name.

btd64 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/26/2016 10:13:44 AM)

Absolutely, but there are a few that are on the map at the same time. Just wanted to post these so you could take another look....GP

sanderz -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/26/2016 12:00:13 PM)

hi, thanks for the update

just having a relook at the changes to the plane upgrade paths, again the following may be as intended but looks odd to my inexpert eye, particularly as i have not looked at the other mods you mention

Ki84a still seems to upgrade to the Ki64 (why not the Ki84b?)
[where as the Ki84b upgrades to the Ki84r with the Ki84r having no upgrade, which is fair enough]

Ki64 still upgrades to the Ki84b (should it have an upgrade?)

cheers

sanderz -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/26/2016 12:18:38 PM)

again, may be intentional but...

i can convert the 45 A6M2 factories to A7M2 on day one, fully repaired, then convert the 2 A7M2 factory lines back to A6M2 and build both up to 30 and switch them immediately to A7M2 - if my math is correct i'd have the SAM in mid 43??

you could easily have more factory lines and get it even earlier (and leave the size 45 factory building A6M2), though i'm not sure when the engines will be ready so don't know how useful this is ---- don't engine factories repair quicker? anyone know roughly when the Ha43 will be ready to build?

cheers

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/26/2016 10:35:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanderz

i can convert the 45 A6M2 factories to A7M2 on day one, fully repaired, then convert the 2 A7M2 factory lines back to A6M2 and build both up to 30 and switch them immediately to A7M2 - if my math is correct i'd have the SAM in mid 43??

you could easily have more factory lines and get it even earlier (and leave the size 45 factory building A6M2), though i'm not sure when the engines will be ready so don't know how useful this is ---- don't engine factories repair quicker? anyone know roughly when the Ha43 will be ready to build?

cheers

Thank you! I'll get these issues fixed as well.

Having someone look at the Japanese aircraft upgrades that understands how research and production works is a godsend. Both Patton and I are AFBs and I don't have as deep of an understanding of Japanese industry to make the informed decisions I need to. I really appreciate your input.

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/27/2016 5:25:47 AM)

quote:

cheers

What do you think would be the easiest way to slow this down?

sanderz -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/27/2016 6:07:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paradigmblue

quote:

cheers

remove the A7M2 from the A6 upgrade line - if you still want the A7M2 to come in a bit earlier than stock you could instead give it some pre built research factories like you have done with some of the other lines

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (1/27/2016 6:45:53 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

cheers

remove the A7M2 from the A6 upgrade line - if you still want the A7M2 to come in a bit earlier than stock you could instead give it some pre built research factories like you have done with some of the other lines

Hmm, I thought I had done that on the most recent patch. I'll have to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

btd64 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/1/2016 5:38:16 PM)

Para, I was poking around the editor and found this;
2nd PG, name change date needs updating, from 06/01/42 to 05/14/42. Unit ID for one unit is 2283. The others are right there as well....GP

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/2/2016 5:21:04 AM)

quote:

Para, I was poking around the editor and found this;
2nd PG, name change date needs updating, from 06/01/42 to 05/14/42. Unit ID for one unit is 2283. The others are right there as well....GP

Thanks Patton.

btd64 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/4/2016 8:01:27 PM)

New Zeland F4F-4's have USN markings. Just a small thing....GP

btd64 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/5/2016 10:23:18 PM)

quote:

Aussie F4F-4's are the same. Plus after the upgrade to this airframe, there next upgrade is the USN/MC F4F-4....GP

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/6/2016 4:49:44 AM)

quote:

quote:

Aussie F4F-4's are the same. Plus after the upgrade to this airframe, there next upgrade is the USN/MC F4F-4....GP

Hmmm. Not sure if I have commonwealth F4F art, I may switch these all to Martlets.

btd64 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/6/2016 1:05:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmmm. Not sure if I have commonwealth F4F art, I may switch these all to Martlets.

Martlets are a good idea. When you fixed the downgrade of base force units,(Dutch) did you check others? How close are you to release? I am available to test before you release....GP

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/6/2016 4:13:56 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Martlets are a good idea. When you fixed the downgrade of base force units,(Dutch) did you check others? How close are you to release? I am available to test before you release....GP

I've gone through and changed upgrade TOEs on a lot of different base units, trying to ensure the problem doesn't crop up again for other countries as well, crossing my fingers that I've got them all.

fulcrum28 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/6/2016 11:23:38 PM)

will this beautiful mod include new graphics for planes and ships?

btd64 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/7/2016 12:48:21 AM)

There is some new aircraft art, and chemkids newest map....GP

pad152 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/7/2016 3:51:06 PM)

Question, will the installer destroy my current game, change (map, art files, etc)?

pad152 -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/7/2016 8:25:51 PM)

Did both scenario's get updated in the 1.102 patch? Noticed a Japanese unit starts in George Town (allied controlled) in the Non-Active Soviet Scenario but, not in the Active Soviet scenario.

\

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/7/2016 9:24:11 PM)

What unit? That's probably a mistake.

Both scenarios should have been updated.

paradigmblue -> RE: Focus Pacific Beta (2/7/2016 9:25:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pad152

Question, will the installer destroy my current game, change (map, art files, etc)?

It's best to install Focus Pacific onto a clean, update install of WitP:AE, as there are map and art changes that won't play well with your ongoing game.

Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI