RE: 3D graphics Mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Mods and Scenarios

piotre -> RE: 3D graphics Mod (4/3/2018 9:25:50 PM)

Outstanding job MausMan, many thanks [&o]

majgentob -> RE: 3D graphics Mod (4/4/2018 2:28:42 AM)

Sweet! DL-ing now, but (darn it), can't play until tomorrow. Aagggh! Thanks x 10K,MausMan!

Jason Petho -> RE: 3D graphics Mod (4/4/2018 2:06:17 PM)

Thank you, MausMan!

majgentob -> RE: 3D graphics Mod (4/20/2018 3:32:32 AM)

MausMan! If I have not written to thank you and congratulate you on this superb mod, it's because I have been too busy playing the game with your mod installed. Hope you will extend your work into the other theaters, as these GFX help me to understand the true scale of this great game.Thanks*10K!

MausMan2 -> RE: 3D graphics Mod (4/29/2018 7:39:42 PM)

Great, thanks. I noticed that some of the scenarios like "into the the valley of tears' using a few files I didn't convert, like MediterraneanBarrenTrees and some vegetation and barrier files. I just duplicated MediterraneanGreen versions to cover some of these and pushed an update. I'm sure there's more, -like I think tall grass also needs to be done.
For now I want to get my counter-like look of 3d units updated. Doing a west-front version wouldn't be too hard as some files could be used from both the East Front map mod and ME1.0. -would need to do a new Italian looking terrain file though. But got to get up to speed with lua also. ..so much to get into CS these days.

Crossroads -> RE: 3D graphics Mod (4/30/2018 9:47:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MausMan2

Great, thanks. I noticed that some of the scenarios like "into the the valley of tears' using a few files I didn't convert, like MediterraneanBarrenTrees and some vegetation and barrier files. I just duplicated MediterraneanGreen versions to cover some of these and pushed an update. I'm sure there's more, -like I think tall grass also needs to be done.
For now I want to get my counter-like look of 3d units updated. Doing a west-front version wouldn't be too hard as some files could be used from both the East Front map mod and ME1.0. -would need to do a new Italian looking terrain file though. But got to get up to speed with lua also. ..so much to get into CS these days.

Here's a quick recap how the Region + Biome syntax on map files works:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Order used:

• Region+Biome, if available, always used.
  • Biome, if no Region+Biome version found
  • Region, if no Biome or Region+Biome version found
  • default (no prefix), if no specific version found (one of the three options above)

• CS Middle East does not have any Region prefix used, the available ones would be:

• WAsia (West Asia)
  • NAfr (North Africa)

The two Biomes used are, of course:

• Mediterranean
  • Desert

So, for instance, it would be possible to have specific Desert tiles per, say:

• WAsiaDesertGreenVegetation
  • NAfrDesertGreenVegetation

override

• DesertGreenVegetation

overrides

• GreenVegetation

Obviously, the idea was to have only additional files as where necessary, and not to duplicate any graphics files at all. Clear terrain files are an exception for instance, IIRC, as it has

• Normal*d.bmp (not used), as a Biome specific version is always available:

• DesertNormal*d.bmp
  • MediterraneanNormal*d.bmp

... so in effect Normal*d.bmp files are redundant. However, the default files (without either Region and/or Biome) are set to Temperate Forest biome, so there's that consideration, and Mediterranean clear terrain was depicted to be "more burnt out under sun" than what Temperate climate zone would have.

Just a general comment, on mechanism as how the graphics files are loaded.

• giffin -> RE: 3D graphics Mod (4/30/2018 10:29:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MausMan2

.. and here we are with some positions on the Golan Heights.

[image]local://upfiles/26150/604C684A99BE4631A359B1B2EEEBA140.jpg[/image]

quote:

vehicle profile counters as an alternate in the 3-D view

Hi MausMan2 I just upgraded to the new CMS 2.01 and your 3D Mausman MapMod. Where can i find the vehicle profile counters MOD and does it work with 2.01 version?

thanks!!

MausMan2 -> RE: 3D graphics Mod (5/6/2018 3:54:43 PM)

working on it.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI