RE: Combat Values (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt

marcdhanna -> RE: Combat Values (1/11/2017 3:16:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

Thanks marcdhanna. We listen to all critics and do tries to make good development changes. Peter has concentrated on Bugs for the first two Updates but will do more feature additions in Update 3.

Paullus,

Now I'm surprised to see that DLC are coming out, without these feature improvements being addressed first? Perhaps I'm wrong about this??

Personally I can't justify buying DLC for the game until this other stuff is upgraded. I really think concentrating on feature additions would make spending (even more) money on DLC very attractive. Now, unless the price is very cheap for DLC, I can't [edit] put money into it.

Of course I haven't seen pricing, release dates etc. but the definite impression is that the DLC is coming before Update 3. I'm sure none of my remarks will affect the fans who rave about the game no matter what state it is in, but don't people think this Kursk module will be a lot more attractive with more features, especially PBEM? It's not as if the AI can be counted on to give a good enough fight as of yet. The Slitherine PBEM system seems pretty good to work with on other games.

Anyway thanks for listening.

cheers Marc

Paullus -> RE: Combat Values (1/11/2017 4:40:28 AM)

Features are coming but take time. Many of theme will be there without being a DLC but rather in bigger UPDATES.

Big Ivan -> RE: Combat Values (1/11/2017 8:38:15 AM)

The way I see it and what makes perfectly good business sense to me is that Matrix Games is in business to make money!

If they don't make money hey guess what, they won't be in business very long and if that happens; the thing is this, nothing will be supported.

So if DLC is to come before minor/major updates to any game then I'm fine with it.

Just my opinion.

Thanks!

marcdhanna -> RE: Combat Values (1/11/2017 1:06:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

The way I see it and what makes perfectly good business sense to me is that Matrix Games is in business to make money!

If they don't make money hey guess what, they won't be in business very long and if that happens; the thing is this, nothing will be supported.

So if DLC is to come before minor/major updates to any game then I'm fine with it.

Just my opinion.

Thanks!

What you say about sustainability is actually a point we agree upon. DLC with more features can be priced higher and still garner new players. Let me emphasize that -- new players from other computer games that check it out and, as it stands decline to purchase. Such players who decline to purchase the base game won't come back to it because there is/are DLC with the same lack of features.

We see posts from those who won't buy this now, and those are the ones who bother to post.

At the moment, Matrix seems to be counting on fans of the game to pay for DLC, no matter what. Well, Matrix should be informed that this is not necessarily the case.

Growth of new players is what will sustain over the long term for long term support.

Matrix can make whatever business decisions they want, of course :) And if you want to pay 30$ for this new DLC, then go ahead. I'll pay 30$ when the features are loaded and the game is not so dependent upon ASL. Or I'll pay $2 just to say I have it, and tinker with it a few times.

For example, without the feature for calculating combat odds, guess what? To play this DLC, I will need to have the ASL charts at my side to figure out kill probabilities. Now, there may be a lot of players who will do this Kursk battle as a short of shoot-out at the OK corral, probably because they don't own ASL and don't worry about kill probabilities over a vast tank battlefield.

But how good is that going to be? imo, it's not as great as it could be, were the system to be upgraded.

I'll continue to press for feature upgrades that detach this game from ASL instead of continuing to rely upon it and make money off the ASL system. ASL has done dozens of scenarios about Kursk already. Which is probably why the marketing plan to make this into a campaign style -- that, at least does differentiate it from ASL somewhat. But not enough atm.

I'll put my money into ASL stuff that's coming out. That is, until this simulation cuts it's own suit of clothes, at which point I'll put DLC money into it at a higher price and probably less into ASL. Meanwhile, other computer gamers will pay for games they can use the PBEM system with, or play online real time, or play with better AI, and any combination of the above.

Matrix could make money off the system on it's own merits apart from ASL, and that should be a priority. Make money so people can play the game by PBEM enjoyably, and not rely on a thwarting AI to perform or not as the case may be from situation to situation.

rico21 -> RE: Combat Values (1/11/2017 5:10:51 PM)

[:D]

[image]local://upfiles/53841/6CD7AF3BB9214011ADEFEDE299FAD61B.jpg[/image]

Hailstone -> RE: Combat Values (1/11/2017 5:17:48 PM)

Essentially, what we have here is a "failure to communicate". TotH is not SL/ASL but we want it to be and why not. It pretty much follows ASL yet without it's nuances due to so many limitations in unit capabilities like smoke, concealment, etc. A decision needs to be communicated as to the future of this game as whether it will become more ASL like or drift into something else maybe as a result of copyright influences. TotH has no future if it is going to rely on an aging ASL market and its associated nostalgia. There's nothing to attract new and younger players primarily for their lack of experience with board games in the digital age. Additionally, I believe TotH needs most is a much more detailed manual which addresses most of the issues I keep seeing in the forum. I thoroughly enjoy this game but for how long? More and larger scenarios will not sustain me without game enhancements and more eye candy (like flames with flamethrowers or better explosion graphics). I avoid large scenarios yet that's all we are getting with the new DLC, really?[sm=sad-1361.gif]

Hailstone -> RE: Combat Values (1/11/2017 7:03:07 PM)

Rico21, It took a couple of reads of your French TotH advertisement but then I caught the advanced knowledge requirement and I busted out laughing.[sm=00000289.gif]

Rosseau -> RE: Combat Values (1/11/2017 8:46:31 PM)

I believe the developer has clearly stated a number of times this is not ASL. That doesn't mean he can't smooth out the sometimes clunky interface and some other obvious issues. To me, easy check of LOS is the most basic. Something Tiller accomplished almost two decades ago. Even so, at least the units you can fire on are highlighted!

These issues don't kill the game for me, as it is fun nonetheless, and I realize this is a small shop. We have also gotten about $100 of free DLC from Rico and his friends [:)]

marcdhanna -> RE: Combat Values (1/12/2017 12:44:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

I believe the developer has clearly stated a number of times this is not ASL. That doesn't mean he can't smooth out the sometimes clunky interface and some other obvious issues. To me, easy check of LOS is the most basic. Something Tiller accomplished almost two decades ago. Even so, at least the units you can fire on are highlighted!

These issues don't kill the game for me, as it is fun nonetheless, and I realize this is a small shop. We have also gotten about $100 of free DLC from Rico and his friends [:)]

Your points are spot on. Free DLC (plus a few unnecessary mocking jokes [:'(])

The developer MUST officially say this is not ASL. Nevertheless it uses plenty of the same mechanisms, the site advertises mods using figures from VASL, and I can use ASLRB rules to figure things out in how to play it.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

Essentially, what we have here is a "failure to communicate". TotH is not SL/ASL but we want it to be and why not. It pretty much follows ASL yet without it's nuances due to so many limitations in unit capabilities like smoke, concealment, etc. A decision needs to be communicated as to the future of this game as whether it will become more ASL like or drift into something else maybe as a result of copyright influences. TotH has no future if it is going to rely on an aging ASL market and its associated nostalgia. There's nothing to attract new and younger players primarily for their lack of experience with board games in the digital age. Additionally, I believe TotH needs most is a much more detailed manual which addresses most of the issues I keep seeing in the forum. I thoroughly enjoy this game but for how long? More and larger scenarios will not sustain me without game enhancements and more eye candy (like flames with flamethrowers or better explosion graphics). I avoid large scenarios yet that's all we are getting with the new DLC, really?[sm=sad-1361.gif]

Very good points.

rico21 -> RE: Combat Values (1/12/2017 9:38:13 AM)

[:D]

[image]local://upfiles/53841/A89ABB2DD96C4F4EBB2773ED3708245B.jpg[/image]

Big Ivan -> RE: Combat Values (1/12/2017 10:27:11 AM)

Hey Rico

If that is your sister I would really like to meet her!

Big Ivan[:D]

rico21 -> RE: Combat Values (1/12/2017 10:38:50 AM)

Why? You like unnecessary mocking jokes? [:D]
[sm=00000436.gif]

Hailstone -> RE: Combat Values (1/12/2017 8:17:23 PM)

Okay, now that I got my criticisms out of the way I still plan on getting the DLC to support the "cause". Rico, can you use your influence and get more "unnecessary mocking jokes" into the upcoming DLC?[sm=00000117.gif]

Big Ivan -> RE: Combat Values (1/13/2017 12:15:05 AM)

No Rico, that's not true but I do like your sister![:D]

[sm=00000506.gif]

[sm=00000436.gif]

rico21 -> RE: Combat Values (1/13/2017 1:17:16 PM)

Soon there will be a meeting in New York [sm=character0267.gif]
of the "Five Families"[sm=character0229.gif]
where reviewed the content of the future DLC [:(]
and whether the current policy continues [&:]
or take into account customer demand ...[8|][&o][sm=happy0029.gif]

[image]local://upfiles/53841/CA984A39C6AB4DE795CD790D26F0822C.jpg[/image]

marcdhanna -> RE: Combat Values (1/17/2017 2:06:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rico21

Why? You like unnecessary mocking jokes? [:D]
[sm=00000436.gif]

aww Rico I am touched :) I realize you can't help yourself!

btw nice 'Matrix' poster girl thumbs up on that one!

rico21 -> RE: Combat Values (1/17/2017 12:00:16 PM)

If you also think that I have a devious mind, it is that you have not read the work of Sun Tzu, otherwise you would know that to deconcentrate a player, you just have to crumple a paper of candy, or to put in his field of vision a woman. [X(]

[image]local://upfiles/53841/378842A6529F4CD8AFEEC6888665DB7D.jpg[/image]

Corto2London -> RE: Combat Values (1/17/2017 1:24:50 PM)

Don't know anything about this Sun Tzu, but I noticed that from the early moment you post your first girl pic, I lost each and every games I played ! [;)]

rico21 -> RE: Combat Values (1/17/2017 4:17:22 PM)

Sun tzu is the Roman general who conquered Gaul,[sm=character0077.gif]
The spiritual ancestor of UP844 (luck less!)[sm=00000117.gif]

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI