RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/24/2016 7:53:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: chemkid

quote:

Video card: 1 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 5570 or Nvidia 450)

MINIMUM?!!! [X(] sure...

...my trusty w510 on the trash? - ...or another $50 saved (remind me to skip LPs for this title) [:'(]

@Zorch - thanks for the link!
warspite1

Forgive the stupid question but how do I know if my computer is up to the task. All that Direct X stuff gives me a headache...and as for the rest of it [&:]

Robert, post your PC specs here, you will get all the answers you need here. [:)]

Aurelian -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/24/2016 7:55:22 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

MINIMUM?!!! [X(] sure...

...my trusty w510 on the trash? - ...or another $50 saved (remind me to skip LPs for this title) [:'(]

warspite1

Forgive the stupid question but how do I know if my computer is up to the task. All that Direct X stuff gives me a headache...and as for the rest of it [&:]

Try this: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Just ran it to see if I can run Civ 6

The result. http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/civilization-6/13429

Video card meets minimum.

warspite1 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/24/2016 8:11:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

quote:

quote:

MINIMUM?!!! [X(] sure...

warspite1

Try this: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Just ran it to see if I can run Civ 6

The result. http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/civilization-6/13429

Video card meets minimum.
warspite1

Thanks Emperor, I will take a look.

Qwixt -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/24/2016 9:10:11 PM)

quote:

sure thing, but my pc is not exactly brand new cutting edge tech either...
for me, it's more the vram requirements - someday... [8|]

Some of these new games take of +30 gig of disk space when installed.

If you set lower resolution, you can reduce the vram needed to run.

chemkid -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/25/2016 10:02:25 AM)

Qwixt -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/25/2016 4:35:40 PM)

1 gb of vram will be tough for some games. Keep in mind that Directx isn't just a software api. It also needs a certain level of hardware support, such as shader level. So even if you have enough memory or whatever, the gpu still might not fully support a directx version.

I usually google directx support level for specific cards when there is a question.

For instance, both the AMD 5570 and NVidia 450 are dx11 cards.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/5000/5570
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-geforce-gts-450-oem-us.html

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/25/2016 4:37:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

1 gb of vram will be tough for some games. Keep in mind that Directx isn't just a software api. It also needs a certain level of hardware support, such as shader level. So even if you have enough memory or whatever, the gpu still might not fully support a directx version.

I usually google directx support level for specific cards when there is a question.

For instance, both the AMD 5570 and NVidia 450 are dx11 cards.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/5000/5570
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-geforce-gts-450-oem-us.html

Good to know...thanks for the links! [:)]

Rising-Sun -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/26/2016 9:05:06 AM)

That game need a decent pc to run, minimum of 8GB of ram, esp if you want to play on large map with many civs. Need a video card that handle directx 11 or 12.

Many players failed on their games, due to hardware specs, that wasn't enough. So if you are planning on playing this a lot and want to have huge setup, like earth like. Better off doubling that base memory up to 16GB. A good video card as well, doesn't have to be state of the art. Most hardware are pretty cheap, for example Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 is really good for that price.

Check with newegg.com for hardware, some can be barebones. If you are planning on buying few parts over time, gonna waste money. If you are planning on building a new pc.

Kuokkanen -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/26/2016 7:32:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Better off doubling that base memory up to 16GB.

I have only 8 GB of RAM and it is enough (along with i7 and GeForce GTX 580 with 1,5 GB) to run Crysis smoothly at near maxed out settings. And now I find out it may not be enough for newest strategy games [X(]

Qwixt -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/26/2016 8:25:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

I have only 8 GB of RAM and it is enough (along with i7 and GeForce GTX 580 with 1,5 GB) to run Crysis smoothly at near maxed out settings. And now I find out it may not be enough for newest strategy games [X(]

Civ VI recommended memory is 8gb, and 4gb for min spec.

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/26/2016 9:34:09 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

Civ VI recommended memory is 8gb, and 4gb for min spec.

Yes, this is why I recently bought a new PC (with 32 GB of RAM & 8 GB of VRAM) for the new and future PC games...

altipueri -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/26/2016 9:44:06 PM)

Give me more soldiers, noble leader, that they may sheathe their swords in the beating hearts of our enemies!

Rising-Sun -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (9/27/2016 8:59:18 AM)

In fact having more memory will reduce the lags in mid to late eras. Depending on how big the world is and how many civilizations along with many, many cities and units.

Jagdtiger14 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/17/2016 4:54:26 PM)

Much better game:

http://www.grandages.com/us/

LarryP -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/17/2016 5:17:16 PM)

There are more negative ratings than positive on Steam for this game. 551 positive and 727 negative ones.

Grand Ages on Steam

Jagdtiger14 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/17/2016 5:39:13 PM)

I don't know why, I'm playing it now and have no complaints. I like that it has a European setting.

Greybriar -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/17/2016 7:23:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

Much better game:

http://www.grandages.com/us/

Since Civilization VI isn't even out yet, I don't know how anyone could make that claim. But I own and have played Grand Ages: Medieval and I didn't like it as much as Civilization V. So I guess it's just a matter of personal perspective.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/17/2016 9:24:57 PM)

If you want it, wait. The price will drop and I am pretty sure they going to have to patch it at some points. I want to hear from players and see if they really enjoy it.

jcjordan -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/17/2016 10:03:27 PM)

Old Civ1/2 player & in some ways I'm glad they've kept updating this though there's some things I hate from the previews & press copies I've seen played on Youtube. I got Civ5 to try to see how much had changed since I last played & like it a lot & the one thing that really gets me that I saw in the press release Civ6 & from me playing 5 is on Barbarian/City State spawns. The AI always seems to run a unit near to get the camp spawning & then lead them right to you & let you continually deal w/ them while they just run off. Also the City States spawning so many units & all they do is just get in the way when you're trying to go through them just makes you want to go to war w/ them just to clear them out. Hopefully these things will be dialed back in official release else they'll be turned off & useless programming lines in my games.

Qwixt -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/17/2016 10:38:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

There are more negative ratings than positive on Steam for this game. 551 positive and 727 negative ones.

Grand Ages on Steam

Never judge a game by steam user ratings. I've seen herd mentality over the stupidest things. You have to read the reviews.

Jagdtiger14 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/18/2016 3:58:27 AM)

quote:

Since Civilization VI isn't even out yet, I don't know how anyone could make that claim.

I'm judging Civ VI by its trailers. I'm not impressed and do not plan on buying it even if it gets good reviews.

Greybriar -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/18/2016 2:18:57 PM)

quote:

quote:

Since Civilization VI isn't even out yet, I don't know how anyone could make that claim.

I'm judging Civ VI by its trailers. I'm not impressed and do not plan on buying it even if it gets good reviews.

To each his own. But I'd wait until the game has been out for awhile before passing judgement on it.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/18/2016 7:52:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

quote:

quote:

To each his own. But I'd wait until the game has been out for awhile before passing judgement on it.

Agreed, I have failed of buying a lot of games what came out, not even finish.

Chickenboy -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/18/2016 9:47:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

quote:

quote:

Aye. Here too.

operating -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/19/2016 12:36:29 AM)

What I truly miss: Is the end of Sid Mier's stand alone battle games, the last being Austerlitz. To me they were all gems, never could bring myself to purchase or even try Civ games after feeling stand alones being abandoned.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/19/2016 6:20:08 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

Grand Ages on Steam

Never judge a game by steam user ratings. I've seen herd mentality over the stupidest things. You have to read the reviews.

Steam and Metacritic, only way to go. [:'(]

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/19/2016 6:22:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

What I truly miss: Is the end of Sid Mier's stand alone battle games, the last being Austerlitz. To me they were all gems, never could bring myself to purchase or even try Civ games after feeling stand alones being abandoned.

I miss his Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon. The first one and only good one made. The rest are child's toys. I still have a tough time playing the first one against the ai. Just needs a graphics update but back in the day it was awesome.

Ranger33 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/19/2016 6:36:34 AM)

I see a lot of things I like about VI, but I feel like V has only been out and "finished" with expansions for a relatively short time. I'm perfectly happy with playing it when I need a Civ fix.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/19/2016 7:09:55 AM)

I picked up Civ4 and 5 cheaply on Steam and I prefer 4, and stacking is the main reason. I pretty much don't buy anything at full price any more, save the odd Grigsby title.

I'll wait a while on Civ6 before picking it up.

Cheers,
CC

Greybriar -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (10/19/2016 12:46:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

I miss his Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon. The first one and only good one made. The rest are child's toys. I still have a tough time playing the first one against the ai. Just needs a graphics update but back in the day it was awesome.

There is a free download of Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon Deluxe - courtesy of 2K Games. It isn't the original Railroad Tycoon, although it is indicated as such on the download page I linked to. It runs on my 64-bit Windows 7 PC.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI