RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Zap -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/8/2016 8:43:29 PM)

Another snafu. Loaded the game but it tells me my graphics card(I guess) is incompatible? Can't play it. Can't even get steam to work today is there a problem?

Qwixt -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/8/2016 9:06:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

Another snafu. Loaded the game but it tells me my graphics card(I guess) is incompatible? Can't play it. Can't even get steam to work today is there a problem?

What video card do you own? You need a directx 11 card for Civ 6.

Zap -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/8/2016 10:29:36 PM)

I have a laptop with an intel chipset. don't know what video card they put in it. That is Lenovo. Its about 6yrs old(the computer.

Gilmer -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/8/2016 10:41:01 PM)

quote:

I have a laptop with an intel chipset. don't know what video card they put in it

You really need to be more conversant on what card you own. It is possible you have integrated graphics which is not very good for any newer games. It can run an Ageod game and other older games, but these newer games in many cases require a dedicated graphics card.

6 years old means it is doubtful it has a video card capable of Direct X 11.

Zap -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/8/2016 10:45:32 PM)

I wish I could help more. When I check for a graphics card the info I get from intel is Lenovo put in a generic card. So I believe its integrated. For a laptop a new card, how much will it set me back? I know they are more expensive.

Aurelian -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 7:20:45 AM)

The first question is..... can you even upgrade the laptop?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/148909/maxlap.html#slide1

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/laptop/how-add-graphics-card-your-laptop-3364133/

Try this maybe? http://www.gameskinny.com/ub96o/fixing-common-civilization-6-loading-screen-bugs-and-errors

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 10:52:28 AM)

quote:

I wish I could help more. When I check for a graphics card the info I get from intel is Lenovo put in a generic card. So I believe its integrated. For a laptop a new card, how much will it set me back? I know they are more expensive.

You might consider a new desktop computer...these guys are good and they do laptops too!
https://www.pugetsystems.com/

Zap -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 11:30:40 AM)

Those links were all very helpful. Thank you. I vaguely remember that I once tried to I stall DirectX 11 and was unable. So I assume this computer is limited.

Zap -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 11:32:19 AM)

Thanks for that link. Will investigate what they offer.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 12:15:03 PM)

There are plenty of good deals on the graphic cards at newegg dot com. You should look for that will support up to DirectX 12 too, least you wouldn't have to get another one in ten or twenty years.

Aurelian -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 12:49:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

quote:

You might consider a new desktop computer...these guys are good and they do laptops too!

After checking those prices, I say "So glad I build my own."

Kuokkanen -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 3:11:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

Compromise: ask around your relatives & friends do they have extra desktop computer lying around which doesn't see much (if any) use. If you get negative, then next step would be computer hardware stores that deal with used computers and Internet auction sites like eBay and the likes. Find few years old desktop machine, pay little money for it, and ask closest IT guru (your relative or friend) to get it up to speed with minimum cost. Best to show him specs first before you pay for it. With luck, you can get little used desktop tower for $100 which only needs swap of processor, graphic adapter, and increase of memory. If you're not lucky, you also need to change mother board and power supply. For monitor, keyboard, and rest repeat these steps.

Aurelian -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 3:29:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

Compromise: ask around your relatives & friends do they have extra desktop computer lying around which doesn't see much (if any) use. If you get negative, then next step would be computer hardware stores that deal with used computers and Internet auction sites like eBay and the likes. Find few years old desktop machine, pay little money for it, and ask closest IT guru (your relative or friend) to get it up to speed with minimum cost. Best to show him specs first before you pay for it. With luck, you can get little used desktop tower for $100 which only needs swap of processor, graphic adapter, and increase of memory. If you're not lucky, you also need to change mother board and power supply. For monitor, keyboard, and rest repeat these steps.

That's one way.

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 3:53:50 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes that does make sense, as long as you know what you are doing and have the patience (I don't). Puget Systems put together great systems and rigs with quality components...you get what you pay for! [:)]

Aurelian -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 4:09:36 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes that does make sense, as long as you know what you are doing and have the patience (I don't). Puget Systems put together great systems and rigs with quality components...you get what you pay for! [:)]

Ahhh, but to play Civ 6, all I had to do was get a new video card, plug it into the slot, plug in one wire, and let the computer do its thing.

Which at $260.00 was far cheaper than a system from those guys to do the same thing :)

But, as it should be, to each their own.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 5:08:54 PM)

Yeah, installing a graphics card doesn't take rocket science. They send you the driver cd, so it's basically remove old driver, install new one, remove old graphics card, plug in the new card, turn on computer and the computer does all the rest. Unless you want to optimize it for all games.

What many people forget to do is remove the old drivers which can conflict with the new one sometimes. What others forget to do is optimize their memory or don't know how. Which is easy also.

I even go into services and stop a lot of useless ones that just take up memory. I don't need to know if my internet is connected. When I click on the browser and it comes up I know it's working. [:)] I immediately turn off anything related to remote access as well and the ability to see my wifi connection from outside sources. So many things people don't know about or how to tweak. Microsoft sets up your computer to be a little snitch. You have to go inside things they don't tell you about to turn them off.

You ever wonder why svchost takes up so much memory? Thas why. Because all these other little services are running and the more of them you turn off the less memory svchost uses. Thus giving you more gaming power. [:)] Now, some of them have to run but by trial and error you can find out which ones and just enable them again if you disabled them before. It won't blow up your computer to disable any of them just certain things won't run. Anything to do with enhancement to something can usually be turned off. Anything of a remote access ability can surely be turned off unless you want someone to be able to remote access your computer (like hackers) Most everything to do with network connections can be turned off except "network connection" fancy that you need a service to connect to the internet.

Before doing anything like that above it's always a good idea to do a restore point. Then you can muck with stuff forever and if something goes wrong you have that restore point to bring everything back like it was before you started mucking. [:'(]

Aurelian -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 6:28:50 PM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6qiVKv_g1s

Civilization VI (Civ 6) ►ROME - Part 1 - Exploration Is King!◀ Let's Play

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 8:24:46 PM)

quote:

Good gameplay from Skye Storme...thanks for the link! [:)]

Aurelian -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/9/2016 9:28:37 PM)

quote:

quote:

Good gameplay from Skye Storme...thanks for the link! [:)]

You're welcome. [:)]

I've read that Rome is a good civ to start with, so.....

Kuokkanen -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/15/2016 2:39:07 PM)

Extremely important question here: does game include PBEM?

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/15/2016 4:09:35 PM)

quote:

I have not seen anything on PBEM...anyone else?

Greybriar -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/15/2016 6:12:22 PM)

quote:

I couldn't find anything about PBEM on the official Civilization VI website or the 2K Support database. But I did find a YouTube video entitled PBEM 6 Turn 199 (12 Player Free For All: Japan) Gameplay/Commentary.

Kuokkanen -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/15/2016 6:54:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

But I did find a YouTube video entitled PBEM 6 Turn 199 (12 Player Free For All: Japan) Gameplay/Commentary.

That's Civ5. It's got some unofficial fan made(?) program for the purpose.

Aurelian -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/16/2016 2:48:24 AM)

quote:

quote:

I have not seen anything on PBEM...anyone else?

Not me. Apparently it's an "everyone is to online at the same time"

http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/

Multiplayer won't take all day

"That's been the bane of Civilization multiplayer's existence for quite a while – the sessions can be so long," says Beach. To combat this, Firaxis has implemented not just a quicker multiplayer game speed, but also a specific scenarios and unique victory sets designed for a shorter game. "You can have a meaningful [multiplayer] session with a very clear goal, and we're trying to set it up so it's a one or two hour session."

For example, a campaign that starts at the beginning of the middle ages, and runs until the end of the Renaissance. From there, a specific victory condition is added – for instance, the player with the strongest religion wins. "We have a system where we can roll conditions like that, and each of those can be a multiplayer scenario that we can present to players. We can quickly develop a whole bunch of those and offer them." Such scenarios won't be exclusive to multiplayer, either. They'll also be available in solo campaigns.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/16/2016 8:38:18 AM)

Well I cant rename my cities and few other issues, so I put this back on the shelf until it is patch. Feel funny when I play Japan, Tokyo was born in the middle of no where inland. They need to setup something when the game begins, for example: Japan starts near the coast, Egypt starts near flood plains and rivers, etc.

Greybriar -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/16/2016 2:20:26 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

But I did find a YouTube video entitled PBEM 6 Turn 199 (12 Player Free For All: Japan) Gameplay/Commentary.

That's Civ5. It's got some unofficial fan made(?) program for the purpose.

Oops! Sorry about that.

Aurelian -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/16/2016 6:10:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Well I cant rename my cities and few other issues, so I put this back on the shelf until it is patch. Feel funny when I play Japan, Tokyo was born in the middle of no where inland. They need to setup something when the game begins, for example: Japan starts near the coast, Egypt starts near flood plains and rivers, etc.

Where they get placed is random. There are map mods which put them in historical locations, more or less.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/16/2016 7:01:00 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Where they get placed is random. There are map mods which put them in historical locations, more or less.

I did played the Earth map mod, it was really impressive, only the cities need to be name in the proper locations. Random didn't cut it though, just didn't feel right.

Kuokkanen -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (11/20/2016 4:42:14 PM)

From another forum:
quote:

it doesn't have PBEM anymore we are using hotseat and it's really easy and improved over civ5.

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/21/2016 11:46:56 AM)

A new update...
http://steamcommunity.com/games/289070/announcements/detail/599374259662898714
A new "Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack"...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/512033/
A new "Vikings Scenario Pack" (very negatively received)...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/512032/

[:)]

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI