RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Aurelian -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/21/2016 6:42:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Well I cant rename my cities and few other issues, so I put this back on the shelf until it is patch. Feel funny when I play Japan, Tokyo was born in the middle of no where inland. They need to setup something when the game begins, for example: Japan starts near the coast, Egypt starts near flood plains and rivers, etc.

Where they get placed is random. There are map mods which put them in historical locations, more or less.

I did played the Earth map mod, it was really impressive, only the cities need to be name in the proper locations. Random didn't cut it though, just didn't feel right.

It was never meant to be historical. If it was, you couldn't even play most civs from the beginning. The city names are more chrome than anything else. And every civ using the same tech/civics tree......

This is probably more up your ally though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhye%27s_and_Fall_of_Civilization

Zap -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/21/2016 7:47:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

A new update...
http://steamcommunity.com/games/289070/announcements/detail/599374259662898714
A new "Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack"...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/512033/
A new "Vikings Scenario Pack" (very negatively received)...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/512032/

[:)]

I'm guessing these packs are not free. Right now having them doesn't matter much to me I still have not made an upgrade to my laptop so Civilization is unplayable for me.

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/21/2016 10:50:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

quote:

A new update...
http://steamcommunity.com/games/289070/announcements/detail/599374259662898714
A new "Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack"...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/512033/
A new "Vikings Scenario Pack" (very negatively received)...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/512032/

[:)]

I'm guessing these packs are not free. Right now having them doesn't matter much to me I still have not made an upgrade to my laptop so Civilization is unplayable for me.

Yes, the packs are paid.

Yogi the Great -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/21/2016 11:05:22 PM)

If you buy the basic version of the game the packs are pay for additions.

There is a Deluxe version of the game that includes them.

Of course as wit CIV4 & CIV5 there are expected to be new updates for pay in the future as well.

Zap -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/22/2016 1:52:31 AM)

Paid updates projected hmmm. If those updates come at frequently as do the updates for steam (every time I turn on the computer steam is updating) that could get expensive. Unless they at going to charge 99cents an upgrade.

JamesM -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/22/2016 2:24:20 AM)

Must admit I found this version of Civilization to be dumbed down, it feels like a glorified carton game. As a result I have gone back to Civ V

Capitaine -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/22/2016 12:21:37 PM)

I couldn't disagree more. Civ VI is way beyond Civ V. The worker/builder mechanics and road building are just two brilliant features I love. There are some issues which need to be adjusted or tuned but the base game is an advance and much better.

Yogi the Great -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/22/2016 12:32:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

Paid updates projected hmmm. If those updates come at frequently as do the updates for steam (every time I turn on the computer steam is updating) that could get expensive. Unless they at going to charge 99cents an upgrade.

Maybe I should have used the word "expansions" instead of the updates.

Hotschi -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/22/2016 5:39:30 PM)

The patch is for free, the 2 packs are 4.99 € each. Almost all negative comments about Vikings on Steam are about being charged for the 2 packs. To this I can only say that nobody is forced to buy them, 4.99 is about the same as for 1 box of cigarettes or 1.5 beers at the local publican, and to be honest 4.99 is just about nothing.

It's always the usual suspects who complain about being charged for something - how dare they charge, it's a rip-off! Hey nothing is for free in this world (even death costs you the funeral) and Software developers don't do this stuff just for fun they have a life too, and that costs - surprise surprise - money as well.

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/22/2016 5:55:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

The patch is for free, the 2 packs are 4.99 € each. Almost all negative comments about Vikings on Steam are about being charged for the 2 packs. To this I can only say that nobody is forced to buy them, 4.99 is about the same as for 1 box of cigarettes or 1.5 beers at the local publican, and to be honest 4.99 is just about nothing.

It's always the usual suspects who complain about being charged for something - how dare they charge, it's a rip-off! Hey nothing is for free in this world (even death costs you the funeral) and Software developers don't do this stuff just for fun they have a life too, and that costs - surprise surprise - money as well.

Well said! [:)]

LarryP -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/22/2016 5:57:19 PM)

I look at the negative reviews for a lot of DLC and they are mostly because of how much they are being charged. I agree with what you said, they don't have to buy it, so just post about the quality of the DLC and NOT the price. If you don't like the price of something, move on.

goodwoodrw -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/25/2016 12:50:36 AM)

Hey my son just gave me a hard copy for Christmas installing it now [:D][:D]

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/25/2016 10:55:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

Hey my son just gave me a hard copy for Christmas installing it now [:D][:D]

Awesome! Enjoy! [:)]

gazdadude -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/30/2016 7:04:49 PM)

really struggling to get into this one

goodwoodrw -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/30/2016 9:01:44 PM)

Yer I know what you mean, I've started a dozen games and so far only I have got to about 1500 BC with one. The barbarians are a pain in most games.

freeboy -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/30/2016 9:32:03 PM)

ok.
I thought this was a great version
and easy to re name the cities by opening the details and clicking on the name.. humm
let me know if its still an issue and
Ill walk through it but I
always rename them.. ok often!
BEST civ game IMO

demyansk -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/30/2016 10:38:55 PM)

I bought Civilization V and all the expansion packs, great deal

Rosseau -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (12/30/2016 11:16:10 PM)

No editor for Civ VI, no sale, no matter what the price [:(]

Kuokkanen -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (1/1/2017 4:00:46 PM)

I have day off from work and I have spent it playing Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, reinforced with Caveman2Cosmos mod. Denmark went to war against me, and brought larger stacks of units than I have seen in a Civ game before. Largest stack was over 30 units, and it was only 1 stack among several. Looks like this mod makes wars significantly larger scale.

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (1/1/2017 4:06:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

I have day off from work and I have spent it playing Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, reinforced with Caveman2Cosmos mod. Denmark went to war against me, and brought larger stacks of units than I have seen in a Civ game before. Largest stack was over 30 units, and it was only 1 stack among several. Looks like this mod makes wars significantly larger scale.

Awesome and challenging! [:)]

Kuokkanen -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (1/1/2017 4:20:42 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Awesome and challenging! [:)]

Now when I think about it (fridge logic has kicked in), it was dumbass effort the AI made. Like 100 units charging at my border city, but there wasn't dedicated siege unit (battering ram is the best right now). My cities are well developed and spam several well trained archers in a turn (City Garrison II right away) and city itself has earth wall for defense + then some. Dane archers made ranged attacks against my city, but that was only on the second or third turn of the attacks, not the first. At least Christian IV had enough of intelligence for peace after the initial assault got totally 0wned.

oninowon -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (1/3/2017 7:17:43 PM)

Just like CIV II, III, IV, and V, I'll wait for the complete edition. I don't understand when people complain about DLCs. If you are the type that want in on early and have the money than great! Otherwise, be patient and wait for the complete, gold, or whatever they call it that comes with all DLCs and popular mods.

Those who complain that CIV VI is a dumb down version obviously have not played the game especially if they compare it to CIV V. CIV VI is equivalent to CIV V with all its expansions.

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (1/3/2017 7:27:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: oninowon

Just like CIV II, III, IV, and V, I'll wait for the complete edition. I don't understand when people complain about DLCs. If you are the type that want in on early and have the money than great! Otherwise, be patient and wait for the complete, gold, or whatever they call it that comes with all DLCs and popular mods.

Those who complain that CIV VI is a dumb down version obviously have not played the game especially if they compare it to CIV V. CIV VI is equivalent to CIV V with all its expansions.

I agree! Welcome to the boards here Wayne! [:)]

LarryP -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (2/24/2017 4:52:05 PM)

After reviewing the forum for this game at Steam, I have never seen so many complaining babies! People saying the game is totally unplayable, I won't play until I can make my own maps, the AI is broken, on and on it goes. After every patch, I see almost all replies to the patch notes complaining and not thanking Firaxis for all the items that they fixed. It's a wonder devs even stay in this business with such ungrateful babies.

I've played it now for almost 500 turns and after the last two patches, it plays excellent. My only complaint is that the end game info sucks. [:)]

wings7 -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (2/24/2017 5:19:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

After reviewing the forum for this game at Steam, I have never seen so many complaining babies! People saying the game is totally unplayable, I won't play until I can make my own maps, the AI is broken, on and on it goes. After every patch, I see almost all replies to the patch notes complaining and not thanking Firaxis for all the items that they fixed. It's a wonder devs even stay in this business with such ungrateful babies.

I've played it now for almost 500 turns and after the last two patches, it plays excellent. My only complaint is that the end game info sucks. [:)]

Yes, there are alot of whiners on Steam, I tend to ignore them, there are alot of mature gamers too, we need to hear more of their positive statements...I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it! [:)]

Kuokkanen -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (2/24/2017 5:27:10 PM)

quote:

It's a wonder devs even stay in this business with such ungrateful babies.

Let's hope Firaxis reads more CivFanatics forums and less Steam ones.

zakblood -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (2/24/2017 5:38:39 PM)

i just wish all steam members had to put a age on there profile, then you could filter all forums comments by age, as there's far too many kids on steam who moan about everything, when most our age can remember either typing in game codes to get the game to even work, basic programming, or loading up a tape, and waiting half an hour for it to load, so we know more of what's good and what's bad, as we've seen almost it all in our days of gaming.

CIVILIZATION 6 ADDS AUSTRALIA DLC, MOD TOOLS SUPPORT ( sounds interesting to me tbh)

LarryP -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (2/24/2017 5:55:32 PM)

Yeah, I am always wondering what the ages are of the crying posts. Posts like "I won't play the game until they add blah." One missing item and the game is trash to them. I see this all the time in the Steamy forums.

Greybriar -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (2/24/2017 6:18:25 PM)

quote:

I gave Civ6 another try last night. Nothing had changed; I still don't like it. But I don't complain--I just don't play the game. If you enjoy playing it, more power to you. But I would rather play Civilization II: Test of Time than Civ6.

As for my age...well let's just say I am old enough to qualify for a senior citizen discount. [:'(]

LarryP -> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI (2/24/2017 6:20:56 PM)

What are the things you want to see changed? They changed the AI a lot which was my original gripe. Wars are now started more rationally.

Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI