RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports

Hortlund -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/8/2017 8:29:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

The tank factory ran once we crossed the Dnepr - everything else was left behind! I'll let the good citizens of Kharkhov know you do not consider them important!

They better all be out in the fields as partisans!

Telemecus -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/8/2017 8:34:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panzerjaeger Hortlund

quote:

The tank factory ran once we crossed the Dnepr - everything else was left behind! I'll let the good citizens of Kharkhov know you do not consider them important!

They better all be out in the fields as partisans!

Starving as those supply planes will not be flying?

Hortlund -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/8/2017 8:56:34 PM)

In two turns they will!

thedude357 -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/8/2017 9:17:56 PM)

All those useless vehicle factories were left to be captured, so he could free up all the heavy industry to produce tanks. Tanks, tanks, and more tanks. They certainly don't need crews, supplies, ammunition or fuel...you see no truck drivers were ever deemed heroes of the soviet union.

Stelteck -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/8/2017 9:35:16 PM)

And noone speak for the poor SU-2 ?

The SU-2 is an awesome plane. In fact the worst tactical bomber is better than the best level bomber. [:D]

And SU-2 is not the worst at all.

As we can see from this footage of a parallel world taken end spring 1942, the most important planes for ground support are I-153 and SU-2.

[image]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64073834/WITE%20Steph/Capture%20d%27%C3%A9cran%202017-07-23%2014.43.28.jpg[/image]

M60A3TTS -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/8/2017 9:37:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

And noone speak for the poor SU-2 ?

The SU-2 is an awesome plane. In fact the worst tactical bomber is better than the best level bomber. [:D]

And SU-2 is not the worst at all.

As we can see from this footage of a parallel world taken end spring 1942, the most important planes for ground support are I-153 and SU-2.

[image]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64073834/WITE%20Steph/Capture%20d%27%C3%A9cran%202017-07-23%2014.43.28.jpg[/image]

Well you fly U-2s so your input is already discredited. [:D]

Sorry Dinglir.

thedude357 -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/10/2017 8:56:31 PM)

Stuka sirens INTENSIFIES

Telemecus -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/11/2017 1:34:56 PM)

Panzer rumbles LOUDER

M60A3TTS -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/11/2017 1:52:30 PM)

At least this time, the Soviet side has been making headway. Just about 2/3 done.

Telemecus -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/11/2017 2:00:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

At least this time, the Soviet side has been making headway. Just about 2/3 done.

Oh wow and splendid! Our stukas and panzers are ready, waiting and eager for action!

Remember to let us know who we are playing against?

thedude357 -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/11/2017 2:23:08 PM)

I think the Soviets are hoping for a 1942 invasion of Normandy.

Telemecus -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/11/2017 2:24:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thedude357

not the north German coast? [:D]

Actually when you read Churchill's account of the war he details when Stalin suggested sending 80 divisions to the Soviet Union. Churchill insisted it was not logistically possible. But with the western allies sending that many to Mesopotamia/ Sahara/ Malaya I think the Soviets were right to say it was mostly political.

Zorch -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/11/2017 8:10:28 PM)

Suppose Kibo Butai entered the Baltic and made an all out strike on Berlin? Or Moscow? [;)]

M60A3TTS -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/12/2017 9:43:27 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thedude357

not the north German coast? [:D]

Actually when you read Churchill's account of the war he details when Stalin suggested sending 80 divisions to the Soviet Union. Churchill insisted it was not logistically possible. But with the western allies sending that many to Mesopotamia/ Sahara/ Malaya I think the Soviets were right to say it was mostly political.

Before you judge the validity of Churchill's conclusion that sending divisions to the USSR posed difficulties, you might read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convoy_PQ_17

Telemecus -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/12/2017 1:21:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Suppose Kibo Butai entered the Baltic and made an all out strike on Berlin? Or Moscow? [;)]

Earlier lowsugar brought the whole u-boar fleet to lake Pskow - so anything is possible!

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS
quote:

Before you judge the validity of Churchill's conclusion that sending divisions to the USSR posed difficulties, you might read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convoy_PQ_17

If you are British based you may have seen the BBC documentary which solely covered this event. [Edit: Just seen it is freely availiable on vimeo - but remembered Jeremy Clarkson presented it!]

But I was thinking more in the South. The British did deploy divisions to the north of Mesopotamia in case the Soviet defences collapsed in the Caucasus - why not send the divisions to the Caucasus! After Persia was conquered the troops not needed for garrisons could have gone north into Russia, not South. Both are just as far in supply terms. Even if not eighty why not eight? Why zero?!

In another context I was reading the complaints of our continental allies during the Napoleonic wars that while they were fighting the big battles in Europe, we sent our infantry to Buenos Aires! Yes it would have been a bit part player in central Europe, but that was where every little helps. Instead we preferred to be a big fish in a little pond somewhere else. I do think it reflects long term British dispositions to which the first world war was an exception.

On another side though the few naval and airforce staff the British kept at the arctic ports in Russia had a terrible time. So it is not altogether certain the Soviets really did want western allies on their soil.

M60A3TTS -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/14/2017 1:43:14 PM)

STAVKA has our save for final review and changes.

Hortlund -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/14/2017 6:15:43 PM)

Im just taking a last look and will send the turn tomorrow morning (so, in about 12-14 hours)

Telemecus -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/14/2017 6:20:34 PM)

Great and thanks! The Axis team will be revving up. I know you have had team changes this turn so it is an achievement to get through with all the turnover.

By the way who are we playing now?

Lictuel -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/14/2017 6:26:25 PM)

I'm the southern commander as of this turn, m60 is northern command and Sardaukar is central command. I hope this does not fall under opsec Hortlund

Telemecus -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/14/2017 6:37:30 PM)

Welcome Lictuel! I was wondering what happened after your post on the sign-up thread - so am very glad to see you onboard!

Our team - with some quotes of what they have said in-game

North - lowsugar "this is famous german Blitzkrieg!"
Centre - Stelteck "Ho, did i made a mystake on her name ? it is difficult to remember all of these berlin's cabaret artists."
South - thedude357 "The strategy is simple: we kill Batman"

M60A3TTS - I PMed welcome before, I feel welcoming you now on the forums is too late, you seem to be a grizzled old veteran already! [:)]

So I guess both sides commanders ToEs are on 100%. Game on!

Sardaukar -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/14/2017 8:22:31 PM)

We should be good to go.

Word of advance warning, I am in process of moving apartment later this week, so there might be couple of days of delay before I have proper internet access later this week.

Hortlund -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/15/2017 6:44:12 AM)

Turn is in the dropbox

Telemecus -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/15/2017 11:42:14 AM)

Axis team swinging into action

Stelteck -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/19/2017 9:12:21 AM)

The turn is 66% completed !!! You will love it [:'(] We are not at all completely berserk. So many counter attack opportunities !!! Probably [:D]

Telemecus -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/19/2017 3:32:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck
We are not at all completely berserk.

Speak for yourself! [:'(]

I have sent an ETA to all in the Soviet team who wanted it.

Telemecus -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/20/2017 2:51:38 PM)

Turn save in dropbox.

I think this will be a turn for the whole team to enjoy. [;)]

Hortlund -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/21/2017 8:47:41 PM)

Got it, will start the soviet turn tomorrow

M60A3TTS -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/22/2017 11:35:09 AM)

Stelteck, what are you doing in our thread?

[image]http://i.imgur.com/FXf3qXZ.jpg[/image]

Hortlund -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/22/2017 5:00:01 PM)

A spy!

thedude357 -> RE: 8 player multiplayer - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES (8/22/2017 6:03:13 PM)

double agent perhaps

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI