RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (9/30/2017 11:16:42 PM)

OOB for turn 12. Both German and Soviet OOB growing steadily.

[image]local://upfiles/53556/EDAC44AC5AB84007BFB8F22F7655916D.jpg[/image]

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (9/30/2017 11:17:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

OOB for turn 12. Both German and Soviet OOB growing steadily.

[image]local://upfiles/53556/EDAC44AC5AB84007BFB8F22F7655916D.jpg[/image]

TIMMEH still in charge!!!!

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (9/30/2017 11:20:48 PM)

Turn 12 at Voronezh was able to do a few attacks and push the PZ and Moto across the river. I rail out the IL-2's.

[image]local://upfiles/53556/93FE2174954844D09E7186200B8D7F8F.jpg[/image]

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (9/30/2017 11:22:01 PM)

Leningrad few local attacks to stack up wins.

[image]local://upfiles/53556/8B82768AE32D4BFD952631E0D44CE23A.jpg[/image]

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (9/30/2017 11:24:55 PM)

Moscow defense is paper thin compared to other games against other opponents. Why? Because of all the extra units sent south to rescue the IL-2's :( I can only pray as I have PZ's to the North and South bearing down on Moscow. I leave units in the middle to force extra mp's be spent cleaning them up. I was planing on leaving more but those extra units are to the south :(

[image]local://upfiles/53556/50EA65194E0040D68AD54F4CC9CFD7BB.jpg[/image]

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (9/30/2017 11:27:37 PM)

Finally the air war which I heated up even further noticing some idiosyncrasies and went on the attack.

[image]local://upfiles/53556/65464DC24E7C4FDA98BA1A8CADDAE70F.jpg[/image]

tyronec -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 12:50:29 PM)

Is this game still active, was enjoying the AAR ?

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 1:06:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tyronec

Yes, Dinglir combines all the mud turns and a snow turn or two into one big posting.

bigbaba -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 1:17:06 PM)

glad to hear that you both are still going strong. once again your Leningrad defense is amazing. i did the same in one of my games and at turn 12 the City is still not isolated although 13! german panzer and mot. divisions are in the North. since taking Leningrad is a must have for the Germans, defensing it at pskov will automaticly take pressure from moscow.

Telemecus -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 2:16:26 PM)

quote:

quote:

Yes, Dinglir combines all the mud turns and a snow turn or two into one big posting.

tyronec will be binge reading when it arrives

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 2:22:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

quote:

LoL, Why?

Telemecus -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 2:24:03 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

quote:

LoL, Why?

Sloth, Gluttony, Reading AARs ... the seven deadly sins. We are all only human [;)]

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 2:27:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigbaba

glad to hear that you both are still going strong. once again your Leningrad defense is amazing. i did the same in one of my games and at turn 12 the City is still not isolated although 13! german panzer and mot. divisions are in the North. since taking Leningrad is a must have for the Germans, defensing it at pskov will automaticly take pressure from moscow.

I'm glad to hear it is working for you. But I still point to my disclaimer that the defense can be broken. Good luck in your continued game Bigbaba!

SparkleyTits -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 2:45:28 PM)

I am definitely looking forward to reading about the blizzard and beyond I am finding the PDF's an incredible way to show an informative AAR which is helping me learn a lot

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 3:01:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SparkleyTits

I am definitely looking forward to reading about the blizzard and beyond I am finding the PDF's an incredible way to show an informative AAR which is helping me learn a lot

Yes, Dinglir is a "master" at PDF's and excel spreadsheets ;)

Without giving away too much I can just say that the weather from turn 18 - 21 have been "interesting". No random weather up to turn 17 then BAM! Random weather everywhere! I am sure Dinglir will do justice in explaining the details.

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 3:06:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

Yes, Dinglir is a "master" at PDF's and excel spreadsheets ;)

Without giving away too much I can just say that the weather from turn 18 - 21 have been "interesting". No random weather up to turn 17 then BAM! Random weather everywhere! I am sure Dinglir will do justice in explaining the details.

I will give out 1 tidbit though. I do have 20 Guard Infantry Divisions. It has been extremely bloody on my attacks but oh well. Did I mention I hate attacking Regiments/Brigades yet??????

SparkleyTits -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 3:10:28 PM)

20 guards :O

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 3:12:44 PM)

quote:

16 of the 20 "Infantry" Guard Divisions are over 50 morale and 50 squad experience. If that tells you anything ;-P

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 3:18:34 PM)

quote:

quote:

16 of the 20 "Infantry" Guard Divisions are over 50 morale and 50 squad experience. If that tells you anything ;-P

I have done this in other games too without the +1 Soviet attack too. There are certain things to look for that the German does or does not do to attack the hex to get a win. I'm sure many can fill in the blanks here :) Otherwise I will do it when April hits.

SparkleyTits -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 3:24:36 PM)

I have 3 guard divisions in my turn 17 game.....
One of those has it's TOEs varying from 55-65 exp and 58 morale though so I can brag about that one without feeling awful at the game right........?

Nope didn't work I still feel awful......

I have 9 total infantry divisions with atleast 50 exp/morale never mind guards just actual infantry divisions....

Jeeeeebus I am bad

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/13/2017 3:31:05 PM)

quote:

I have 3 guard divisions in my turn 17 game.....
One of those has it's TOEs varying from 55-65 exp and 58 morale though so I can brag about that one without feeling awful at the game right........?

Nope didn't work I still feel awful......

I have 9 total infantry divisions with atleast 50 exp/morale never mind guards just actual infantry divisions....

Jeeeeebus I am bad

No, it just takes time you are doing Great! Plus the random number generator may not have been kind to you. I have another game where I have over 25 units with 5+ wins but only have 2 guard units on turn 17. So you are doing well. Just keep plugging away and don't get those units surrounded and destroyed. That is why you will see me early in the game attack with units that have good squad experience and Morale to build those units instead of getting Guard status on a PM Moscow or PM Leningrad division.

Dinglir -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/15/2017 2:16:07 PM)

quote:

As HardLuck stated, I am grouping all the mud turns together with the first snow turn into one AAR. That is the reason there has been a while without any reports.

We are currently on the Soviet part of turn 21, with HardLuck having spent the last five days cooking up something nasty (no complaint as my turns are at least as slow).....

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/15/2017 2:21:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dinglir

quote:

As HardLuck stated, I am grouping all the mud turns together with the first snow turn into one AAR. That is the reason there has been a while without any reports.

We are currently on the Soviet part of turn 21, with HardLuck having spent the last five days cooking up something nasty (no complaint as my turns are at least as slow).....

Turn 21 is a small headache with the varying degree of weather across all the fronts for the next turn in the forecast :-{ Makes me want to kick the cat.

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/17/2017 2:13:22 PM)

While we wait for Dinglirs update here is my top ACE squadron on the soviet side. Only 41 kills :(

Notice the Experience and Morale. The Majority of my Fighter experience is in the high 70's, and 10% of the fighters in the high 80's. I have lost thousands of aircraft to do it but I can now at least stand up to the Luftwaffe in the air.

[image]local://upfiles/53556/16F7121958E44B1087672EDDEB0CFB04.jpg[/image]

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/17/2017 2:14:46 PM)

Figured I would show an "I" version fighter too ;-P

[image]local://upfiles/53556/F492291F96D844FE9821BAE0DC47A07B.jpg[/image]

Dinglir -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/17/2017 3:04:55 PM)

Well played.

However, I feel that this demonstrates that the airwar is out of balance.

Historically, the Soviet airforce was in complete disarray at this time, trying desperately to rebuild. It was not until the summer of 1943 that they were able to challenge the Luftwaffe for air superiority in the vital areas.

In WitE, the "fly and die" strategy will build up experience while losing only obsolete aircraft you cannot use for anything else anyway. Do not construe this as a critisism, as I have used a variant of that strategy myself. In game terms, getting your pilots killed is the way to go for the soviets :-)

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/17/2017 3:12:04 PM)

quote:

Well played.

Historically, the Soviet airforce was in complete disarray at this time, trying desperately to rebuild. It was not until the summer of 1943 that they were able to challenge the Luftwaffe for air superiority in the vital areas.

In WitE, the "fly and die" strategy will build up experience while losing only obsolete aircraft you cannot use for anything else anyway. Do not construe this as a critisism, as I have used a variant of that strategy myself. In game terms, getting your pilots killed is the way to go for the soviets :-)

Oh I know it isnt critisism :) I'm just showing others what is possible with the Soviets. This isnt the first game I have done this in and it is not the last one ;-) I know many would never dream of sacrificing all the aircraft but it pays off. I still say the quicker you own the skies the quicker to Berlin.

Now there are things that the Germans can do to offset it but I'm not going to go into how to counter it since the Germans have so many advantages as is for 1941 ;-P

Crackaces -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/17/2017 6:26:30 PM)

quote:

quote:

Well played.

Oh I know it isnt critisism :) I'm just showing others what is possible with the Soviets. This isnt the first game I have done this in and it is not the last one ;-) I know many would never dream of sacrificing all the aircraft but it pays off. I still say the quicker you own the skies the quicker to Berlin.

Now there are things that the Germans can do to offset it but I'm not going to go into how to counter it since the Germans have so many advantages as is for 1941 ;-P

There is sometimes a fine line between game and simulation .. more so .. a playable game and attempts to simulate history ..I am assuming WITE 2.0 will address some of these issues without making the game unplayable ..
Pelton in his guide to winning blew off the airwar .. I do think that the details of the airwar have not been documented .. and there are things one can do to exploit the game mechanics to cause lopsided results where if an opponent is not aware .. that alone can send the game in a negative direction with frustration

In reading the Axis AAR for the multi player game .. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4250683&mpage=5 .. one can see how to systematically reduce the Soviet air force ..

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/17/2017 7:07:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

quote:

Well played.

There is sometimes a fine line between game and simulation .. more so .. a playable game and attempts to simulate history ..I am assuming WITE 2.0 will address some of these issues without making the game unplayable ..
Pelton in his guide to winning blew off the airwar .. I do think that the details of the airwar have not been documented .. and there are things one can do to exploit the game mechanics to cause lopsided results where if an opponent is not aware .. that alone can send the game in a negative direction with frustration

In reading the Axis AAR for the multi player game .. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4250683&mpage=5 .. one can see how to systematically reduce the Soviet air force ..

Let me go read that since I have not been keeping up with your air war. I saw the bombing of the Il-2 factory which is nice but imo the Reds just need to evacuate it turn 3 and be done with it. Ok, going to go read.

Telemecus -> RE: Zum Angriff: Dinglir (Axis) v HardLuck - HardLuck, U2 are welcome (10/17/2017 7:16:47 PM)

quote:

the bombing of the Il-2 factory which is nice but imo the Reds just need to evacuate it turn 3 and be done with it.

Probably the right conclusion. But remember you will produce as many as hundreds less of the aircraft. In effect the same result as the bombing until evacuation but without the bombing. See post 124 of the Axis AAR of EightMP.

Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI