Future Plans (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985

alwaysdime -> Future Plans (12/3/2018 12:30:19 AM)

I remember seeing Dec 2018 for Vietnam and I think East Front was slated for Dec 2018. I probably read that a year ago and I was just curious where do these stand as far as dates now? I am certain it won't be this month or in the near future.

Jason Petho -> RE: Future Plans (12/3/2018 2:06:32 AM)

Summer 2019 for Vietnam
Summer 2020 for East Front III

Jason Petho -> RE: Future Plans (12/3/2018 2:07:03 AM)

quote:

The Road Ahead (Subject to change)

In an effort to provide a little transparency, here are our plans for the near future. As with all deadlines, they are not set in stone, but we are striving to meet these to the best of our abilities as we are a small team with no development budget.

CS Middle East 2.01 UPDATE -- Released March 2018

CS Vietnam 1.00 - Spring/Summer 2019

CS East Front III (1939 - 1941) 1.00 - Spring/Summer 2020

CS West Front II (1939 - 1941) 1.00 - Spring/Summer 2021

CS Pacific Front (1939 - 1941) 1.00 - Spring/Summer 2022

CS Cold War 1.00 - - Spring/Summer 2023

Each of these will be CORE games with DLC's to follow.

Updated: 20191110

alwaysdime -> RE: Future Plans (12/3/2018 2:21:20 AM)

Ok Jason.... You and I now officially have a problem..... A BIG Problem.

I don't post often but when I do you seem to reply within the hour. Stop that. Enjoy life and don't be a slave to the forum on a Sunday night. Enjoy your away time.

STOP IT!

Take the weekends off and reply on Monday!!!! :)

Jason Petho -> RE: Future Plans (12/3/2018 3:55:31 AM)

If I stop, then Vietnam will have to be postponed until 2025. [;)]

demyansk -> RE: Future Plans (12/3/2018 10:05:06 AM)

That's why I like his games, good positive support

athineos -> RE: Future Plans (12/3/2018 3:05:02 PM)

Please don’t stop. Keep up the good work!!!!

fritzfarlig -> RE: Future Plans (12/3/2018 11:03:32 PM)

I will be please if Cold War come more quickly

Hoplite1963 -> RE: Future Plans (12/4/2018 1:59:34 PM)

2025 = CS Great War (base module August to December 1914) ?

Featuring the following nations. Germany. Austro-Hungry, Russia, Serbia, Montenegro, France, Belgium and Great Brittan. Also terrain sets for Western Europe. Eastern Europe and the Balkans ?

Don't ask don't get

complements of the season

Jason Petho -> RE: Future Plans (12/4/2018 2:16:30 PM)

Interesting idea, Hoplite!

Andrea G -> RE: Future Plans (12/5/2018 9:42:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hoplite1963

2025 = CS Great War (base module August to December 1914) ?

Featuring the following nations. Germany. Austro-Hungry, Russia, Serbia, Montenegro, France, Belgium and Great Brittan. Also terrain sets for Western Europe. Eastern Europe and the Balkans ?

Don't ask don't get

complements of the season

No Italy?
[:@]
[:D]

To add also Turkey, Australia, New Zealand, India...
You just can't leave the Dardanelles out

Hoplite1963 -> RE: Future Plans (12/5/2018 2:57:24 PM)

No they have not been left out but for the 1st of DLC add on modules I think should follow the initial release to break the package into reasonable chunks in the way that is being done for the 3 WW2 main game. I will post my suggestions here over the next week or so.

Reegards
Ian

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Future Plans (12/5/2018 3:04:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hoplite1963

No they have not been left out but for the 1st of DLC add on modules I think should follow the initial release to break the package into reasonable chunks in the way that is being done for the 3 WW2 main game. I will post my suggestions here over the next week or so.

Reegards
Ian

The mobile operations in the West in 1914 would be interesting, e.g. Mons, Marne, etc. In the East it would be even more interesting. Tannenberg, Forgotten Battles in Galicia (k.u.k.), Serbian campaign 1915, Gorlice-Tarnów 1915, etc. But let's just focus on the current one. The CS team does its best to keep all channels to the gamers open; I am sure Jason will second me on that. Oh, and check out the Twitter channel, too, Ian.

Klink, Oberst

Gribeauval -> RE: Future Plans (1/11/2019 2:55:04 PM)

Hello,

when will the patch 202 for Middle East be available (I'm mainly interested in the new AI scripts for each scenario) ?
Do you have a date for the Iran-Irak DLC too (a DLC which seems highly interesting about a subject rarely seen in computer wargames) ?

Best Regards (and Best Wishes for the new Year)

Jason Petho -> RE: Future Plans (1/11/2019 3:37:23 PM)

First, Vietnam needs to be released this summer.

ME 2.02 will follow, I presume around Christmas.

Iran-Iraq DLC should follow that.

Jason Petho

Micha63 -> RE: Future Plans (1/13/2019 4:33:37 PM)

Hello, this all sounds verry interesting, can"t wait to see this mods.
For the waiting time a small offer.
I made Vietnam, Cold war , Gulf war and many others years ago as standalone mods for the old Game Peoples general.

But i must confess the graphic is verry outdated, but maybe it helps for the waiting time.
Its for free download here :

www.peoplesgeneral.de

To the moderator : If this post should be a problem please remove it.

When the games are out i"m maybe interested to help for scenariocreation

Jason Petho -> RE: Future Plans (1/13/2019 5:35:14 PM)

We aren't creating mods, of course, we're creating full games.

tevans -> RE: Future Plans (1/29/2019 11:12:27 PM)

Not to put too fine a line on things but you really aren't creating games. You're enhancing, changing and adding to what somebody else has already done. You can change some of the features. You can change some of the graphics too. But you aren't starting from scratch though. Tiller's CS series was available 20 years ago. That's not saying that you guys don't put a lot of work into what you do. But please be honest about it. What you're doing really amounts to no more than modding. You may have changed code, graphics and data but there was already something there to work with. That's just modding.

That's why I don't intend on buying any newer CS titles. I bought the Tiller CS series twice. Once from Talonsoft and once from Matrix. I'm not going to buy it again just because it's been modded to look new and different. No offense intended. You guys do seem like a talented team. Try coming up with a new and original idea for a game. This is not just a criticism towards you and your version of the CS series either. I feel the same way about TOAW and what's been done with it. Both series are being sold as new games when basically they're just old games that have been tweaked and modded. That doesn't make you developers. Just good modders.

Jason Petho -> RE: Future Plans (1/29/2019 11:33:47 PM)

By that rationale, any car after the Model T is just built by good modders.

Big Ivan -> RE: Future Plans (1/30/2019 10:22:31 AM)

I hear you Jason, so the XM-1 Abrams is just a heavily modded M4A1 Sherman, right?

I'll have to get my mind around that statement but I think there is a disconnect somewhere...[:D]

As one fan, I'm looking forward to the new developed JTCS titles hands down. Keep on developing!

dox44 -> RE: Future Plans (1/30/2019 12:19:13 PM)

+1

tevans -> RE: Future Plans (1/30/2019 12:30:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

By that rationale, any car after the Model T is just built by good modders.

Maybe so but I'm not wrong. You haven't really created anything from scratch. You took Tiller's CS series of games and changed some code, data and graphics. That's doesn't make you a game designer. What you're doing has been done for many other games over the years. Take Scourge of War Gettysburg or Waterloo for instance. People have changed the graphics and added new armies and battles for those games. That doesn't mean they created new games. Field of Glory II has an AI mod that even the design team recommends. But that mod doesn't mean that Field of Glory II is suddenly a new game. What you're doing amounts to nothing more than modding and creating a game overhaul. You can find any of the Total War series of games offering the same thing with mods and overhauls. But Creative Assembly isn't going to allow any modder to claim his mod or overhaul results in a new game that he has the right to sell.

I'm sorry if I struck a nerve. But you really need to be honest about what you're doing. John Tiller wrote the code for the CS games. The most you're doing is changing some of the code. Graphics and data too. That's nothing more than modding. Or overhauling an already existing game system. Your analogy of the Model T is wrong too because anybody else who built cars started from the ground up. They didn't take a Model T and add on to it then try to sell it as a new and different car. Ford could possibly have done it but nobody else. Think about it. Do you really think Henry Ford would have allowed something like that to happen? No way. He would have sued the pants off anybody who tried it.

Like I said you guys seem like a talented bunch but you're really not a design team. You're a modding team who mods an already established game. You aren't working with something that you built. You're taking an already established game system tweaking it with new code and some new graphics and data then selling it as a brand new game. To me that's a little dishonest especially when you're saying that you're creating new games and not mods.

tevans -> RE: Future Plans (1/30/2019 12:46:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

I hear you Jason, so the XM-1 Abrams is just a heavily modded M4A1 Sherman, right?

I'll have to get my mind around that statement but I think there is a disconnect somewhere...[:D]

As one fan, I'm looking forward to the new developed JTCS titles hands down. Keep on developing!

His analogy is really flawed. They didn't take a M4A1 Sherman and just throw more parts on it then call it the XM-1 Abrams. Both tanks were designed from the ground up. Nobody took a Model T and added to it then tried to sell it as something else either. That is what is happening here. Tiller created the CS series of games. He wrote the code and designed the game systems. The most these guys are doing is changing code, some graphics and data. That's the definition of modding. It's sure as hell not creating a new game from scratch. It's taking an existing system and overhauling it or adding on to it.

Please explain something to me. How is what these guys are doing any different than other games that are modded. The Scourge of War series has been modded to add new armies and battles. Field of Glory II was modded with a better AI. That doesn't make them new games. These guys are claiming they're creating new games and not mods. I don't see it that way. What they're doing is the definition of modding. What bothers me about it is that they're trying to sell their modded versions as brand new games.

The TOAW series does the same thing too. Norm Koger wrote the code for that game. Look what happened. Somebody came along and added a few things to the already existing systems in place. Now it's being sold as a newer version of the game. It's not a newer version of the game. It's a modded version of the same game. The TOAW series and the whole CS series weren't rebuilt from scratch. The guys working on these games had something to work with. That's my point. They aren't game designers. They're just modders.

Jason Petho -> RE: Future Plans (1/30/2019 2:02:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tevans

Maybe so but I'm not wrong. You haven't really created anything from scratch. You took Tiller's CS series of games and changed some code, data and graphics.

That isn't quite accurate and a misunderstanding of what we are actually doing. Sorry to hear that!

Everything is new, the data all built from scratch to be consistent with the new code, the graphics, the scenarios.. literally, everything with the exception of the basic code. That code has been completely redone as it was found not to the standards that we required for the game.

Comparing the original code and how it has been modified is comparing the 177 cu in engine (from the Model T) to a 2.7 litre EcoBoost V6.

Same basic design, but vastly improved.

76mm -> RE: Future Plans (1/30/2019 2:21:30 PM)

quote:

The most you're doing is changing some of the code. Graphics and data too.

Gee, sounds almost like a new game or something...[:D][:D]

carll11 -> RE: Future Plans (1/30/2019 7:15:05 PM)

quote:

[:D]
Please explain something to me. How is what these guys are doing any different than other games that are modded. The Scourge of War series has been modded to add new armies and battles. Field of Glory II was modded with a better AI. That doesn't make them new games. These guys are claiming they're creating new games and not mods. I don't see it that way. What they're doing is the definition of modding. What bothers me about it is that they're trying to sell their modded versions as brand new games.

The TOAW series does the same thing too. Norm Koger wrote the code for that game. Look what happened. Somebody came along and added a few things to the already existing systems in place. Now it's being sold as a newer version of the game. It's not a newer version of the game. It's a modded version of the same game. The TOAW series and the whole CS series weren't rebuilt from scratch. The guys working on these games had something to work with. That's my point. They aren't game designers. They're just modders.

< Message edited by tevans -- 1/30/2019 8:54:49 AM >

your point is made/related as if the work on these Games is a distinction with no difference, when it fact there is,big time....... if you can't see it well,frankly, I have a feeling you're predisposed not too.........so to you sir I say, bon voyage'...

Big Ivan -> RE: Future Plans (1/30/2019 9:42:00 PM)

Jason,

We go back a long way and I have to say this in your and the development team's defense,

There will always be the non-believers and those with an axe to grind about something that doesn't amount
to a hill of beans. They are splitting hairs here on a bunch of crap that frankly means nothing to me or the Campaign Series. It is a terrific game for what it is IMHO,
truly great! Given me years of enjoyment!

Just keep doing what the hell your doing to John Tiller's Campaign Series. Its all new development in my mind.

I will keep playing your new games as they come out and the old JTCS classics until I freaking die! My only wish is I had more computer
intelligence and training to help you guys out but I will always be in your camp regardless.

Gods Speed! I love what you and the development team does and will do!!!!!

Regards,
Big Ivan[:)]

tevans -> RE: Future Plans (1/31/2019 4:30:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

Maybe so but I'm not wrong. You haven't really created anything from scratch. You took Tiller's CS series of games and changed some code, data and graphics.

That isn't quite accurate and a misunderstanding of what we are actually doing. Sorry to hear that!

Everything is new, the data all built from scratch to be consistent with the new code, the graphics, the scenarios.. literally, everything with the exception of the basic code. That code has been completely redone as it was found not to the standards that we required for the game.

Comparing the original code and how it has been modified is comparing the 177 cu in engine (from the Model T) to a 2.7 litre EcoBoost V6.

Same basic design, but vastly improved.

I'm sorry but I don't think I'm misunderstanding anything at all. What makes what you're doing any different from somebody modding a game to add new graphics? Or overhauling a game with new data or new code or new scenarios? That's what modding is. You may have changed, added or tweaked code but you started with a base code and added to it. It doesn't mean that you've made a new game or a new game system. All you're doing is adding to what already existed. It doesn't matter if you add a little or a lot. It still amounts to modding and not creating a new game.

Let me ask you something. Will the next edition of the CS series still carry Tiller's name? It should if you're still using his base code. All I see that you guys are doing is adding to and changing a game that already existed. You can add new code, new graphics and even new scenarios. That doesn't make it a brand new game. It makes it a modded or overhauled version of an existing game.

You say I misunderstand. What's the difference between what you're doing and what modders have done in the past and still do today. Modding takes into account everything you claim you're doing. So how is it any different? I've seen mods that changed code. I've seen mods that changed data and graphics too. Why am I misunderstanding here? Name any game that gets modded and what gets changed. Usually it's data or graphics. With some games even code gets tweaked or changed. Scenarios are usually not done by modders though. That's usually an end user thing.

I'm not trying to belittle your work. I just don't see how you can claim that you're making new games. I'm sure you've put a lot of time and effort into CS Vietnam. What makes it a new game though? Graphics? New code and scenarios? That's a definition for modding. The only possible way it could be a new game is if you scrapped the CS series and all of it's code and did your own thing from scratch. You guys aren't doing that.

tevans -> RE: Future Plans (1/31/2019 4:38:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

Jason,

We go back a long way and I have to say this in your and the development team's defense,

There will always be the non-believers and those with an axe to grind about something that doesn't amount
to a hill of beans. They are splitting hairs here on a bunch of crap that frankly means nothing to me or the Campaign Series. It is a terrific game for what it is IMHO,
truly great! Given me years of enjoyment!

Just keep doing what the hell your doing to John Tiller's Campaign Series. Its all new development in my mind.

I will keep playing your new games as they come out and the old JTCS classics until I freaking die! My only wish is I had more computer
intelligence and training to help you guys out but I will always be in your camp regardless.

Gods Speed! I love what you and the development team does and will do!!!!!

Regards,
Big Ivan[:)]

I not a non-believer and I don't have any axe to grind. I just want somebody to explain to me how changing an older, existing version of a game with new graphics, new code and new data suddenly makes it a brand new game instead of a modded or overhauled game. I own a lot of the Total War series so I'll use those mods and games as my example. If I download a mod that completely overhauls my version of Total Warhammer does that mean that I'm playing a new game? Of course not. I'm playing a modded version of Total Warhammer. How is that any different than what's going on here. Tiller's base code is still being used. It's just being tweaked and added to. Graphics and data are being changed. That's all a definition for modding. I think it's a little dishonest to say that new games are being created. The only thing happening is the existing game is being changed through code, graphics and data. Something that modders do every day.

Jason Petho -> RE: Future Plans (1/31/2019 6:14:57 AM)

quote:

The only possible way it could be a new game is if you scrapped the CS series and all of it's code and did your own thing from scratch. You guys aren't doing that.

The code is to the point where it is all new because of the grand issues with the old code, it has need to be redone/rewritten.

We are doing exactly that.

That shouldn't be too difficult to comprehend?

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI