Community Scenario Pack (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

Kushan04 -> Community Scenario Pack (11/20/2019 1:10:52 PM)

The Community Scenario Pack has been updated! 21 NEW scenarios and 24 updated scenarios. All scenarios, with a few exceptions, have been updated to DB491.

The CSP now contains 550 scenarios total!

Standalone - DOWNLOAD. Link on the Command website should be updated soon as well.

Steam - Community Scenario Pack. As of CSP 45, the Steam version has been completely reworked; it is now functionally the same as the standalone version. All 550+ scenarios are now a single entity download, which also includes scenario Documentation. Scenario documentation can be found in "...Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\1076160\2639756219"

Due to CMANO no longer receiving database updates THE CSP WILL ONLY WORK WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF CMO.

As always, thank you to all the scenario designers who contributed. This wouldn't be possible without you.

New Scenarios:
Andaman and Nicobar Islands, 2024
Baltic Fury 3 - Warsaw Uprising, 2024
Caribbean Fury 5 - Caribbean Cruise, 1994
CSG-21 in the Eastern Mediterranean, 2021
Dutch Convoy in the North Atlantic, 1963
Kanton Island - Kiribati, 2024
Nicaragua Missile Crisis, 2024
Northern Fury 41 - Tour de Force, 1994
Northern Fury 45 - A Rock on the Beach, 1994
Operation El Dorado Canyon, 1996
Operation Rimon 20, 1970
Operation Urgent Fury, 1983
Pacific Fury 1 - Bolt from the Blue, 1994
Pacific Fury 2 - Bombeska on Hokkaido, 1994
Pacific Fury 3 - Caught Flat Footed, 1994
Pacific Fury 4 - I Come from a Land Down Under, 1994
Pacific Fury 5 - Shemya Shakedown, 1994
Saving the Third Temple, 1973
Shandong Lashes Out, 2021
The Battle of Bejaia, 1999
Vengeance, 2021

Stardog765 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/20/2019 1:26:22 PM)

Great job! Your work is appreciated.

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/20/2019 1:37:19 PM)

Something I forgot to mention. The Steam collection is only for CMO.

Gunner98 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/20/2019 2:45:25 PM)

Thank you Kushan

A great help for a great resource.

B

jmarc67 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/20/2019 4:14:34 PM)

Thank you [:)]

lecrop -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/20/2019 4:51:16 PM)

Nice! [:)]

magi -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/20/2019 7:02:49 PM)

What a mighty man indeed… Thank you very much .....

gregb41352 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/20/2019 9:01:26 PM)

Thank you!

boogabooga -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/21/2019 5:56:54 AM)

No El Dorado Canyon?

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/21/2019 6:01:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: boogabooga
No El Dorado Canyon?

I'll have my El Dorado Canyon scenario in the next version. Between the stream schedule last week and being sick most of this week I haven't had a chance to sit down and play the revised version all the way through.

Dragnaath -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/21/2019 12:17:50 PM)

Thanks for all you do Kushan04.

mikerohan -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/21/2019 2:17:27 PM)

Thanks!

brdxman -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/21/2019 6:14:32 PM)

Thanks for doing this Kushan!

-Rick

mikkey -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/21/2019 7:14:40 PM)

Thanks Kushan!

coh7res -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/21/2019 11:57:40 PM)

Thank-you!

Blast33 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/24/2019 10:20:52 PM)

Thanx man!

BeirutDude -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (11/25/2019 11:31:28 AM)

All,

I have been going through the scenarios I have designed and slowly making sure they are compatible with CMO. In the case of Arctic Tsunami, 2019 there is something on the NATO side that is causing CMO to crash when you try to load it and I can not rebuild it. I have tried everything I can think of, including rebuilding to the latest 438 database in CMANO and importing to CMO, but nothing works. So I'm going to suggest you remove it from your Scenario Pack (40 & 41). I don't have the impression it is a popular scenario anyway, but I might rebuild parts of it as future CMO Scenarios.

Thanks!

c3k -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (12/6/2019 2:38:47 PM)

Thanks.

Steam is not very transparent to me. How would I know that these scenarios were available to me (a CMO Steam user) if I hadn't read this thread? How will I see future updates (without having to peruse this forum or refresh this thread)?

Thanks,
Ken

Edited to add: I just "subscribed" to the scenarios. I'm not sure what that means. I got a message, "downloading 0 of 1 items": that doesn't seem to be a very informational message, does it?

Anyway, after the green check marks became "+" symbols, and activity seemed to end, I opened up CMO. I looked for, but could not find, "Yellow Sea", a scenario by Baloogan in that pack. Apparently, Steam did not "subscribe" me.

Any clue on how to get these scenarios to correctly download into my CMO Steam folder?

(Oh, and how do I find scenarios in CMO? There does not seem to be an in-game search function if I only know the name of a battle, and not the particular sub-game menu in which it has been saved? I resorted to opening windows explorer and searching my install files. To no avail...)

Ken

Edited to add:

Okay, I think I stumbled on it. After "subscribing", then opening my CMO, I CLOSED CMO, then went back into my Steam library. There, I saw that CMO had an update. Well, it's not a developer update...it was an update that loaded the "subscribed" content. (Even though I'd already downloaded it???) Whatever. After waiting through the "update", (again, a "0 of 1 item" thing), I opened CMO. Now, my new battles were there. (You've still got to know where the battles are located! Is it "Chains of War"? Is it the Steam pile? If you don't know, you won't find it.)

Kinda got it sorted.

Rory Noonan -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (12/6/2019 11:28:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: c3k

Thanks.

Steam is not very transparent to me. How would I know that these scenarios were available to me (a CMO Steam user) if I hadn't read this thread? How will I see future updates (without having to peruse this forum or refresh this thread)?

Thanks,
Ken

It's community content, so it's not marketed or advertised.

I feel like pop-up notifications, an email list, or any other kind of active notification of new community content would be pretty intrusive and very unpopular... What did you have in mind?

BDukes -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (12/6/2019 11:53:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: c3k

Thanks.

Thanks,
Ken

Edited to add: I just "subscribed" to the scenarios. I'm not sure what that means. I got a message, "downloading 0 of 1 items": that doesn't seem to be a very informational message, does it?

Anyway, after the green check marks became "+" symbols, and activity seemed to end, I opened up CMO. I looked for, but could not find, "Yellow Sea", a scenario by Baloogan in that pack. Apparently, Steam did not "subscribe" me.

Any clue on how to get these scenarios to correctly download into my CMO Steam folder?

(Oh, and how do I find scenarios in CMO? There does not seem to be an in-game search function if I only know the name of a battle, and not the particular sub-game menu in which it has been saved? I resorted to opening windows explorer and searching my install files. To no avail...)

Ken

Edited to add:

Okay, I think I stumbled on it. After "subscribing", then opening my CMO, I CLOSED CMO, then went back into my Steam library. There, I saw that CMO had an update. Well, it's not a developer update...it was an update that loaded the "subscribed" content. (Even though I'd already downloaded it???) Whatever. After waiting through the "update", (again, a "0 of 1 item" thing), I opened CMO. Now, my new battles were there. (You've still got to know where the battles are located! Is it "Chains of War"? Is it the Steam pile? If you don't know, you won't find it.)

Kinda got it sorted.

Steam is great. Sub to things and automatically downloaded.

To check what's new go to workshop section and community page. If you can use this forum you will learn Steam navigation easy.

Bill

c3k -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (12/8/2019 5:18:35 PM)

Thanks, I'll give it a go...

dburchfield2000 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (12/24/2019 3:01:18 AM)

Quick question. What directory do I need to put the user scenarios in? I not ice that the existing scenarios reside under folders like Northern Fury, etc. Do I need to make a folder called User Scenarios and put them under that.? Thanks in advance.

Rory Noonan -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (12/24/2019 5:36:06 AM)

You can put them anywhere under \scenarios\ in your CMO/CMANO directory. I split mine up according to a few different criteria, but the game will recognise any .save or .scen files in that directory, even if deeply nested [:)]

dburchfield2000 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (12/25/2019 2:29:35 AM)

Thanks!![:)]

scott1393 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (2/2/2020 2:04:33 PM)

hello, ive downloaded the zip file and extracted it to cmo/db folder and they are visible when I open the folder but when I launch cmo the select new game I cant find them. would you have any idea what im doing wrong? thanks for any help.

scott

Gunner98 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (2/2/2020 7:57:30 PM)

They need to go in your cmo/scenario folder not the 'db' folder.

B

c3k -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (2/19/2020 3:19:12 PM)

Thank you!

michaelm75au -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (2/21/2020 9:28:47 PM)

Is the Community Pack still going to be available as a download zip?
The link on Warfaresim ->Command series Downloads,Community Scenario Pack is not active and is the old one from Jan 2019.

---
I see that this link is no longer active and that there is a new download link.

Can this post be dropped from TOP so as to minimize any confusion? Like mine.[:D]

Kushan04 -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (2/22/2020 3:52:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm75au
Is the Community Pack still going to be available as a download zip?
The link on Warfaresim ->Command series Downloads,Community Scenario Pack is not active and is the old one from Jan 2019.

Yes it will remain available as a zip file. Not sure why the WS link never got updated. It probably got lost in the shuffle with the CMO release. The link on the first post is the current version of the CSP...for the moment.

michaelm75au -> RE: Community Scenario Pack Updated - 23 New Scenarios! (3/22/2020 4:20:49 AM)

It would be nice if the Community Pack scenarios in the Steam Workshop were tagged so you could easily identify them. Currently everything is tagged as 'Scenario'.
Other helpful tags might be 'Import' for the 'bases as scenario' information.

Not 100% sure where/how this is controlled[&:] (though at a guess it is a set of tags defined within the Steam Command Workshop configuration) but Command only exports the tag 'Scenario'. It would be nice if the owner could add his own tag from a set.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI