So, does anybody have it yet? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

Sonny -> So, does anybody have it yet? (8/1/2003 2:08:08 AM)

Seen it on the shelves yet anyone?

Have not seen a recent post so maybe someone has it but is so busy playing they don't have time to post.:D

Tbone3336 -> (8/1/2003 2:29:08 AM)

Fedex just delivered it to me at work. Can't wait to get home and load it up. Very nice box art. There has not been an SSG game that disappointed me yet in lots of years playing so to say I was looking forward to this is an understatement. I hope everyone enjoys the game.

Capitaine -> (8/1/2003 2:43:16 AM)

EB have changed their ship date to today, 7/31, so it won't be in stores until tomorrow at the earliest. Whether they ship preorders (like mine) today will be interesting as well...

Tbone3336 -> Game and Player Manuals (8/1/2003 3:21:29 AM)

There is a very nice beginner booklet included and the Game manual and Player Manual on PDF look very detailed and clear so far. I have not had much time to read through them but am printing them at work for later.

hobbsjas -> ebgames (8/1/2003 8:14:30 AM)

I had preordered from ebgames and just got off the phone with them. They did not get it today, so stores will not have it tomorrow, probably Monday.

Sonny -> (8/1/2003 9:18:23 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tbone3336
[B]Fedex just delivered it to me at work. Can't wait to get home and load it up. Very nice box art. There has not been an SSG game that disappointed me yet in lots of years playing so to say I was looking forward to this is an understatement. I hope everyone enjoys the game. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update - did I tell you I hate you!!! Well not hate - just envy.

My EB said tomorrow also - but they never know what is going on.:)

Nickel -> (8/1/2003 10:20:18 AM)

I got my copy and the lessons are very good and worth going through. All you need to know to start beating up the AI- HEHEHE! :D :D :D

Ross Moorhouse -> (8/1/2003 11:08:54 AM)

I got my copy too. :D

sol_invictus -> (8/1/2003 11:17:12 AM)

UPS says tommorrow; Aug 1st. Gonna have to set up an OP at my front door and man it diligently all day.

Nickel -> (8/1/2003 11:41:53 AM)

Yeah that would be bummer to leave your place for a short time and get back to find one of those silly tags in the door stating that they missed you and your package will be available on the following days, such and such a time or they will try again tomorrow. Ever try to track a package on the same day? Stay vigilant!!:p

Fallschirmjager -> (8/1/2003 12:09:11 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nickel
[B]Yeah that would be bummer to leave your place for a short time and get back to find one of those silly tags in the door stating that they missed you and your package will be available on the following days, such and such a time or they will try again tomorrow. Ever try to track a package on the same day? Stay vigilant!!:p [/B][/QUOTE]

Leave a note

haha

sol_invictus -> (8/1/2003 12:38:37 PM)

I will man my post all day long. No way I'm missing this delivery.:)

Sonny -> (8/1/2003 8:04:38 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nickel
[B]Yeah that would be bummer to leave your place for a short time and get back to find one of those silly tags in the door stating that they missed you and your package will be available on the following days, such and such a time or they will try again tomorrow. Ever try to track a package on the same day? Stay vigilant!!:p [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I don't think UPS works on Saturday so it might be Monday before you get the game.

Don't fall asleep while on watch.:D

Sonny -> (8/1/2003 8:05:18 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse
[B]I got my copy too. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

You must know somebody on the inside!:D

Capitaine -> (8/1/2003 8:10:21 PM)

EB has just posted "ship date" on their site as 8/3 for KP (a Sunday??). That likely means that it won't "ship" until Monday, would be in stores Tues, but will not be received by preorderers until mid-next week or later.

Why is it every time I "preorder" I get screwed? They make such a big deal out of it, then you're always the last to get your copy. Might have to stop doing this; setting a bad precedent/trend...

David Heath -> (8/1/2003 8:20:19 PM)

The games got to leave our printers and then go to their warehouse and then be shipped to their stores. Our pre-orders are fill right away. We can be as much as a week or two a had of them.

Ross Moorhouse -> (8/1/2003 9:05:46 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sonny
[B]You must know somebody on the inside!:D [/B][/QUOTE] I get the retail version ASAP so it's on my H/D and ready to be of some assitance if it's needed.

Sonny -> (8/1/2003 10:12:04 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Capitaine
[B]EB has just posted "ship date" on their site as 8/3 for KP (a Sunday??). That likely means that it won't "ship" until Monday, would be in stores Tues, but will not be received by preorderers until mid-next week or later.

Why is it every time I "preorder" I get screwed? They make such a big deal out of it, then you're always the last to get your copy. Might have to stop doing this; setting a bad precedent/trend... [/B][/QUOTE]

Last night my EB said it would be in today. When I called today to see if they got their shipment in yet they said it would ship the 6th and they would get it the 7th.:mad:

sol_invictus -> (8/2/2003 1:13:16 AM)

I'm still waiting for the UPS guy. Starting to get anxious.

Sonny -> (8/2/2003 2:20:53 AM)

O.K. so lets here from you few who already have the game - how is it? what is cool about it? any problems so far?:confused: :D :)

Mike Bozyk -> (8/2/2003 3:12:58 AM)

I received my copy from GoGamer.com today. The price was the best I've seen as well - $39. Shipping brings it to $46 with two day FedEx.

I saw copies yesterday in a CompUSA in Michigan.

Mike

Mike Bozyk -> (8/2/2003 3:25:12 AM)

Actually, those prices I quoted above at GoGamer.com are closer to $40 and $47.

Mike

sol_invictus -> (8/2/2003 4:28:03 AM)

Well looks like UPS is going to screw me and ruin my weekend. I was all set to lounge in my recliner all day reading the manual; yeah I'm one of those people who loves reading manuals; and really getting knee deep in mud and blood tonight. Guess the war must wait.:(

sol_invictus -> (8/2/2003 4:50:39 AM)

Well not ten minutes after I gave up all hope and was cursing UPS to eternal damnation; the big brown truck pulls up outside. God bless you UPS!:D God I hope my ink cartridge holds out. Oh the travails of life.:)

bilbow -> (8/2/2003 6:02:03 AM)

Ordered it direct late Tuesday night, recieved today via UPS ground. EXCELLENT service!!

:) :)

Tbone3336 -> (8/2/2003 7:16:50 AM)

Congrats guys! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am. I think there will be lots of years enjoyment with additional scenarios being planned at [URL]http://www.wargamer.com/wachtamrhein/[/URL]
Enjoy.

BrubakerII -> (8/2/2003 8:13:50 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse
[B]... so it's on my H/D and ready to be of some assitance if it's needed. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sure thats why Ross :p

By the way congratulations to you and Dave and the team - the waiting is always the hardest part.

Brubaker

Tbone3336 -> Victory Objectives (8/2/2003 9:01:31 AM)

I was looking for a summary page that Summarizes all the victory sites,without having to click on each hex. TAO2 had a page that listed each town/Victory location and its current owner. Just wondering.

Tbone3336 -> (8/2/2003 9:49:16 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sonny
[B]O.K. so lets here from you few who already have the game - how is it? what is cool about it? any problems so far?:confused: :D :) [/B][/QUOTE]

First off there are 5 Scenarios including the full game along with the ardennes scenario, giving a total of six. The graphics are top notch. The amount of information available is very good however it is not overburdening with the way it is presented. One item I have asked about is a victory location summary page similar to the one in TAO. I may be missing it. The combat advisor tool is very nice indeed, when your strategy is set and your axis of advance is determined this helps making the choice of what units to attack much easier. While 5 scenarios to some will seem lite, I do beleive there is a lot of replay value in them along with the additional scenarios that are bound to be made by modder in the community. I have went through the lessons (I do recommend this as while the interface is familiar there are so much more information available there are more information that can be accessed), and am in my first scenario. I do not have much information to begin with personally about the battle so I am sure I will learn (and get my @ss handed to me) in my first battles. Overall I am impressed greatly so far.

Rob Gjessing -> (8/2/2003 3:20:36 PM)

Whilst there is no objective summary screen that you ask for, there is a toggle to turn the objective markers on the map, so that you know which towns have VPs assigned to them. The right click pop ups for each of those objectives (victory locations) gives you alot of information - relating to VP's, Alert Points and which turns they are active for.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI