RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports

BBfanboy -> RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) (7/22/2021 5:21:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: xen

I'm not sure what you are on about. I Have stated that I take responsibility for the ending of the game and for starting it in the first place. I said our play style do not match not the anyone's play style is "wrong".

It looks more like you are trying to start a "flame war".

Certain words like 'trick' are loaded with meanings that imply underhandedness. I was communicating how some of the discourse on both sides struck me as too personal and would be better handled behind the scenes. You do not have to agree with me, but I put it out there to let you know my impression in case it might help cool the situation a bit.

Your response indicates you did not appreciate it, so I will exit the discussion and leave you to sort it out yourselves.
Best wishes for both of you.

xen -> RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) (7/22/2021 5:42:04 PM)

I said tricks/tactics/exploits. They are difficult to define. To some they are one thing and to others they are something else.

When a AAR is made, then it is public and all are welcome to comment

It was not that i appreciate or not. I simply corrected what was misunderstood and responded to accusations of "very unsportsmanlike" behavior and "Private Message or E-mail" was tried but this was were the comments were made.

This is after all just a game and i have no problem with you or your commenting on it but i must also be allowed to reply

ITAKLinus -> RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) (7/24/2021 9:44:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Complaints that imply your opponent was not playing fairly are painful to see - very unsportsmanlike in my opinion. Such concerns should be exchanged between players off-line - by Private Message or E-mail.

When you have reached an understanding of each other's point of view, it can be shared as a disagreement about choice of tactics or strategy, but attacking someone's personal integrity is sure to lead to a flame war, which benefits no one.

Precisely what I think.

Moreover, I said literally nothing when the match has ended: there was no need at all to start commeinting with the various "tricks" "expoilts" etcetc; especially in the context of a community such as ours.

xen -> RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) (7/24/2021 11:56:40 AM)

quote:

Precisely what I think.

Moreover, I said literally nothing when the match has ended: there was no need at all to start commeinting with the various "tricks" "expoilts" etcetc; especially in the context of a community such as ours.

Oh i think you need to read what was posted in this forum thread.

quote:

To be fair, surrendering as the allies after 70 turns is quite bad. Seems like I'm very unlucky in picking opponents.

I would say i am not the one "commenting" about other players skill level and i have never said anything about cheating. As to the words "Trick" it do not mean cheating. I have from the first post i made in this AAR (an aar i was not informed about and only found after the game ended) said i stopped the game be course of different play styles and what the difference were. I never said there were cheating or that rules were broken. And i have take FULL responsibility for the mistakes made starting to play the game.

When you start a AAR on the forum and make comments you must expect reply's to those comments

So here is the summery of my posts

I stopped the game
I take responsibility for accepting the House rules
I stopped it be course of different and no compatible play styles not wrong ones.
No one cheated and in my opinion the opponent were not playing badly.

RangerJoe -> RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) (7/24/2021 12:50:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: xen

quote:

Precisely what I think.

Oh i think you need to read what was posted in this forum thread.

quote:

To be fair, surrendering as the allies after 70 turns is quite bad. Seems like I'm very unlucky in picking opponents.

I would say i am not the one "commenting" about other players skill level and i have never said anything about cheating. As to the words "Trick" it do not mean cheating. I have from the first post i made in this AAR (an aar i was not informed about and only found after the game ended) said i stopped the game be course of different play styles and what the difference were. I never said there were cheating or that rules were broken. And i have take FULL responsibility for the mistakes made starting to play the game.

When you start a AAR on the forum and make comments you must expect reply's to those comments

So here is the summery of my posts

I stopped the game
I take responsibility for accepting the House rules
I stopped it be course of different and no compatible play styles not wrong ones.
No one cheated and in my opinion the opponent were not playing badly.

To me, surrendering after 70 turns is bad. Everyone's play style is different, none of them are wrong unless they cheat. The word "Trick" implies that what was done is not correct. Too bad for you, you could have learned more from this game.

xen -> RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) (7/24/2021 1:00:49 PM)

quote:

To me, surrendering after 70 turns is bad.

Then i have played against allot of bad players if that is true

quote:

Too bad for you, you could have learned more from this game.

No. I have played this type of game many times before as both side and i have learned that it is not the kind of game i want to play.

Mercenary -> RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) (8/21/2021 11:38:18 AM)

How could he land at Port Moresby on the first day?!

RangerJoe -> RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) (8/21/2021 5:51:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mercenary

A magic move TF that somehow was not spotted which would have alerted the Allies . . .

ITAKLinus -> RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) (8/21/2021 6:46:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mercenary

A magic move TF that somehow was not spotted which would have alerted the Allies . . .

Precisely

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI