RE: Regarding the Derby House Principles Announcement (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

bayonetbrant -> RE: Regarding the Derby House Principles Announcement (10/4/2021 10:54:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

One thing I just don't understand. I'm getting old and maybe a little dense, but what is stopping anyone from playing, developing or designing wargames?
Are "Principles" really necessary? Am I to understand that racism and misogyny are keeping people from playing? If so, that is ridiculous.

In the context of the professional wargaming space (which was the original area of concern for the Derby House Principles) there have been a great many issues over the years.

Several of the key players explain it here

https://www.armchairdragoons.com/podcast/mentioned-in-dispatches-special-summer-2020-edition/

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Regarding the Derby House Principles Announcement (10/4/2021 11:16:35 AM)

@warspite1 --- The Aussie Babe thread is over 9 years old, no wonder you're so emotional. You started the thread 4/16/2012, if I'm reading things correctly. I've never seen a thread that long and with so many photos. I've only read the first 3 pages, and the last maybe 5 pages. There's a total of 371 pages. There's 11127 posts!!! Should commend you for piloting such a long excursion.

In 2012, the Android II smart phone just came out with 256 MB. How much data does the 11127 post require? Today's, storage is relatively cheap. To keep up in the past, those old modern smart phones could not even cache dozen pages. So the question is, how much data does the Aussie Babe thread require and why would a gaming forum want all that?

In 2012, your first post was on Nicole Cruise, Abby, Naomi. I only know who Nicole Cruise is. No clue who Abby & Naomi. When I had posted #69 on this thread, I had only looked at maybe, the last 3 pages of the Aussie Babe thread. It would take me a week to go through all that content. On your first post, 2 of the women have no clothes on. I don't need to be a trained, educated, literary man to figure this out. This hit my skank radar.

I've only read 3% of the content of the Aussie Babe content. I don't have time or desire to read it. But I can conclude this without getting into statistical possibilities.

A) 80% of the pictures are probably Actresses. Actresses in the United States are in Hollywood. I have no clue where movie people are in Australia, but I wouldn't believe foreign folks would be much different than Hollywood people. Hollywood people tend to be fornicators (take their clothes off to climb the ladder). I'm sure there's always exceptions. But overall, Hollywood people in the United States are not what I would call, normal. We could discuss rapists like Harvey Weinstein who controlled the industry. Actors like Bill Cosby who raped 50+ women by drugging them. We could go over the killers like Phil Spector. Seriously, it's safe to say, independent of religion, politics, and extremes that Hollywood people are messed up. The drugs, the fornication, murder. This is just their personal lives. I haven't even got into their content.

B) Hollywood people, how they live, is not normal. So-so is dead, so-and-so is in the drug clinic, so-and-so is married for the 5th time, so-and-so went crazy, so-and-so is hosting orgies, so-and-so is in some cult, so-in-so just put more tattoos on their body. Hollywood people cannot keep their clothes on. They fornicate (by Hollywood's rules) to even get a job. There is nothing new under the sun. This is no private interpretation or surprise to anyone with a brain.

C) I grew-up with pretty amazing lady, who went to Hollywood and was savaged, used, and tossed out. All she got was messed up in the head, and violated. She got a job in a B-ladder horror movie, made $300. First hand knowledge, not a rumor. Hollywood people are not good people. That was her free will, her choice. She played with the dragons of Hollywood and got burned.

D) What content is Hollywood putting out? Hey, I have no problem with movies in themselves, I'm not Amish. The problem is what Hollywood people are putting in the content of their movies. It doesn't take a college education to figure out most of Hollywood movies is Violence, Bloodshed, Revenge, Murder, Fornication, Bad Language, etc. I'm not talking about exceptions. There are kid's films (but with hidden bad content at times), family movies with dogs, feel good stories, etc. But the rule is once again, problem 80% garbage against 20% reasonable.

E) Balance of judgement. I'm a fan of Elvis Presley. He sang good quality ballads, love songs, and 80% songs about women. His music wasn't the crap of today. His songs didn't promote rape, killing police and basically vile crap. Elvis Presley also sang Gospel, which originally drew me to his music. Was Elvis Presley a saved man who went to Heaven, no idea. I don't know who is saved and who is not. Back in the 1950's, people said Elvis Presley sang the Devil's music. Standards have changed. I can analyze Elvis Presley. He was a drug addict. His lifestyle didn't appear to have much Gospel in it. He was a fornicator. Everyone is a sinner. To what level, does it really matter to discuss, and plus this is a no religion zone. If you wish to discuss religion, feel free to PM me.

F) The men of Hollywood are just as skanky. It takes two to Tango. No reason to rinse & repeat same type comments.

G) The word skank. The word skank in the United States is probably not that same meaning in my country as in yours. A skank is not a whore or whoremonger. It's couple clicks below a whore. I did not call any woman a whore. That's really not my style. I'm not a politician, I'm not a pastor, I'm not the best of men. But when I see a skank, it's a skank. A skank is a term used by me as a loose looking women. Doesn't mean she's selling sex, which would be a whore. One could argue to the cows come home that a woman that marries for money is a whore but actually a gold digger.

H) Hollywood people are not good people. I don't worship any man or women. If I would strive to emulate a human, it certainly wouldn't be actresses in that thread.

I) If I was an Aussie, I certainly wouldn't be worried or spend anytime on Actresses. From what I read in the news, your country has been taken over. You have no rights. Take the Vax and show your electronic papers. Enjoy, it's a training ground for your new owners. Canada and England appears same way. In the United States, the normal folks are where the religion is. Meaning, not California nor New York/DC.

J) Nicole Cruise does not impress me physically, nor spiritual. I've seen one of her movies where she cheats on her husband (that's Adultery) with a doctor played by Alec Baldwin. Nicole Cruise murders him and runs an insurance scam. Should I be impressed. Tom & Nicole Cruise run some cult religion that is banned in Germany. The religion is Christian Scientology. I don't see anything Christian in it. I don't see any Science in it. If that's your thing, that's your thing. Germany certainly didn't want those freaks.

May joy & happiness follow you,
-EJR

bayonetbrant -> RE: Regarding the Derby House Principles Announcement (10/4/2021 12:22:57 PM)

If you can't get the basic, verifiable open-source facts correct, why should we believe any of your "trust me, I know someone" assertions.

it's devolved into performance art on your part at this point, it's hopelessly waaaaaay off-topic, and it's kind of embarrassing to watch

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Regarding the Derby House Principles Announcement (10/4/2021 12:31:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bayonetbrant

If you can't get the basic, verifiable open-source facts correct, why should we believe any of your "trust me, I know someone" assertions.

it's devolved into performance art on your part at this point, it's hopelessly waaaaaay off-topic, and it's kind of embarrassing to watch

Why would I publish the name of a "move extra" who made $300 to be an extra? My claim is rather minor in nature. She was a nobody in the eyes of the world before going to Hollywood and a nobody after Hollywood. Even if I did, you still wouldn't believe me, eh? I could pull any name off an "extra list". She actually has MS, a horrible disease now. There's been hundreds of thousands of people that have been movie extras, worked minimum wage jobs in Hollywood. The odds of knowing someone that has been a "nobody" in Hollywood is not a longshot. Why don't you goto https://www.tmz.com/ to read the latest.
That's all you got to come at me with? Are you shocked that Hollywood is not a good place?

Repeat, I'm talking about a minimum wage worker. Now, if I claimed to have drinks with Bill Cosby, and he shoved a pudding pop up my ass, that would be real tale.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Regarding the Derby House Principles Announcement (10/4/2021 1:09:46 PM)

ElvisJJonesRambo, the point is that the comments did not add anything to the thread in terms of a civil discussion and they failed to meet the bar for a family friendly discussion as well.

I agree Hollywood, as far as anyone can tell, is not a good place. That's not what we're discussing here. Moderate your language rather than justifying it.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins -> RE: Regarding the Derby House Principles Announcement (10/4/2021 1:14:06 PM)

With all that said, I think this thread has run its course and met its original purpose. Hopefully at this point there is enough explanation here as to the reasoning behind the announcement and I've heard your feedback as well. If anyone wishes to offer further feedback, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com

Regards,

- Erik

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI