RE: Pilots on Strike (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Drongo -> RE: Pilots on Strike (7/16/2004 8:36:58 AM)

Yes a patch is being tested (and retested, etc) as you post. No firm time for the release.

There will be an official thread to inform people when it is released (you'll most likely see it where the other patch announcements were).

shoevarek -> RE: Pilots on Strike (7/16/2004 9:13:13 AM)

quote:

Well, where the heck do those "4" planes come from?

I remember someone mentioning that some CVE were used more as a resupply ships, with a lot of pilots and aircrafts. They did not perform any operations other than delivering aircrafts and pilots to fleet carriers. Maybe this is the reason this CVE has those 4 ghost planes? This constraint (if this is the constraint not a bug) however does not make any sense - ship was able to lounch the planes so player should be able to use it tha way.

As for squadrons not flying the missions i have probably the same problem with my Japanese pilots in Palau. I had the idea to stick there two Nell units to catch fleeing mechant ships. Those units however did not fly at all. There are fighters and other Nell and Betty units fly like crazy but the guys in Palau took a leave for Christmass. I wonder if the reason is the supply. What is the minimum supply required for units to fly?

CommC -> RE: Pilots on Strike (7/17/2004 12:55:10 AM)

The scenario where I am seeing the the no-fly CAP problem is #6. Earlier in the scenario, 3 of my CVE's sank near Eniwatok (sp) where this AC TF was based, so the extra planes could have come from the sinking ships. I'm going to go back and check to see if the extra planes were there in the beginning or arrived later.

Mr.Frag -> RE: Pilots on Strike (7/17/2004 1:00:28 AM)

Take a look in your List all Naval Air units.

The VR-??? types are the special replacement groups. If you see them on a CVE, you can safely assume no aircraft will be flying from that CVE because it will be grossly overloaded.

CommC -> RE: Pilots on Strike (7/17/2004 1:39:16 AM)

OK, fun with math. The CVE in question, Fanshaw Bay, starts the scenario with 28 planes, with a capacity of 27. 16 fighters and 12 torpedo bombers all ready. After the first turn, 4 of the torpedo planes revert to reserve status, leaving 8 ready. The fighters remain 16 ready.

By turn 35, after one of the CVEs in the TF sink, the Fanshaw Bay gains 3 planes, going to 31 total, 19 fighters, 8 ready torp bombers ready and 4 torp bombers in reserve. The cap originally flew, of course, now it doesn't. At 31 planes it is 114.8% over capacity, which is greater than 110%. This is probably why they won't fly. What is the best way to relieve this over capacity?

The strange part is that the planes on the other CVEs in this TF and another one, won't fly either even though they are not over the 110% limit. Don't understand why that is.

CommC -> RE: Pilots on Strike (7/17/2004 1:48:14 AM)

Mr. Frag,
There are no VR type air groups on the carriers in question, just VCF and VCT types. But the planes still don't fly. I will try to get rid of some by transfering to a base, then conduct a risky low level strafing mission. The extra planes are in the VCF group.

However, I have another AC TF with CVEs loaded with these VR air groups. How can I get them to fly? And if not, what is the point of this? i.e. providing CVEs in the scenario where the planes can't fly? Are these supposed to be reserves we can draw on if we take losses? Or used to ferry these air groups to land bases where they can actually fly?

CommC -> RE: Pilots on Strike (7/17/2004 6:02:44 PM)

Here is the screen shot of my FM-2 group that should fly, but doesn't. One other data point is that this TF is in a base hex, which apparently causes only 50% of CAP to fly, according to the manual. Is it possible this has been changed to no CAP flying if the AC TF is in a base hex?

[image]local://upfiles/7295/Wu611582929.jpg[/image]

Mr.Frag -> RE: Pilots on Strike (7/17/2004 6:48:24 PM)

(a) How many aircraft *total* on the CVE?

(b) I notice you are in a base hex, step out of it to sea.

CommC -> RE: Pilots on Strike (7/17/2004 7:51:48 PM)

31 total aircraft on the CVE, capacity is 27

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI