RE: v1.2.17 Beta Now Available (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

1LTRambo -> RE: v1.2.17 Beta Now Available (12/25/2005 1:03:55 AM)

So what is the current release, 1.2.16 or 1.2.17? I've only heard of others refering to .16 in this forum.

TexHorns -> RE: v1.2.17 Beta Now Available (12/25/2005 8:36:23 PM)

1.2.17 was released a few days ago.

1LTRambo -> RE: v1.2.17 Beta Now Available (1/1/2006 10:05:35 PM)

Cool.

Ericbabe, are the patches now offical and part of the purchase version?

nachinus -> RE: v1.2.17 Beta Now Available (1/2/2006 2:54:46 PM)

1.2.17 is still a betapatch and downloadable via the members section.

I was in a similar position as yours, waiting for the real patch to come (with the difference that I already had the game and have been playing it in order to learn it) before starting a serious campaign. But I couldn't wait any longer, and since ericbabe said that this is very likely the final 1.2 release candidate, I decided to download it and start playing seriously. And I can assure you that the game is in very good shape right now. I would reccomend you to get the game and start playing and learning it. This game undoubtedly has some special 'charm' and If I were you I wouldn't loose the opportunity to invest these holidays enjoying it. [;)]

1LTRambo -> RE: v1.2.17 Beta Now Available (1/2/2006 7:30:12 PM)

Ok. Thanks, I will get it today.

Erik Rutins -> v1.2.18 Beta Now Available (1/10/2006 10:00:51 PM)

Hi all,

The v1.2.18 Beta is now available in the Members' Club. Here's the list of changes since v1.2.17:

==================================
v1.2.18 Change List (January 10, 2006)
==================================

Changes 1.2.17->1.2.18
--------------------

* Can no longer disband POW's or units on loan
* Added NOVALIDATE to .ini file options; if NOVALIDATE=1, then this computer will send non-guaranteed messages during multi-play. This will speed up play, but may cause the game to be less stable if packets are being dropped between server/client.
* Detailed combat AI now considers making formation changes more frequently, but is a bit more cautious in each case.
* Fixed bug in detailed combat AI's valuation of attacking garrison units
* Now properly clearing AI's undo buffer
* Fixed bug in AI picking provinces during terms-of-surrender treaty construction
* Fixed m-player bug involving units retreating from detailed combat
* Increased siege damage and chance of initiating siege combat by about 25%
* Maximum damage from a single fire attack is now limited to the strength of the targeted unit divided by 2.
* AI treaty evaluation now places less value on long-term treaty clauses.
* Building a development in a province where there is currently zero levels of that development now costs an additional 50 money.
* Doubled the iron and timber cost of Gun developments.
* Added an iron cost to Wall developments.
* AI will now ignore Rally Locations set by a human player or AI player if there are any enemy units in its capital.
* Frigates now have an anti-privateering function. At the end of every movement phase, each frigate has a 20% chance of destroying one non-allied privateer located in the same movement area. (This destruction is reported in the frigate's and privateer's player's Events Report.)
* Reduced the effective ranges of units in detailed combat. Most infantry now fire effectively only up to three hexes away. Rifle/Jager infantry can fire effective four hexes away. Cavalry can fire effectively only two hexes away. Range of artillery has been reduced so that regular artillery and horse artillery have an effective range of 5 hexes; howitzers, an effective range of 3 hexes; and heavy artillery, an effective range of 6 hexes.
* Massed Artillery upgrades now only increase maximum size of artillery by 16% each. (These improvements are still cumulative with each other.)
* Square Firepower upgrade now makes squares only do 1/2 damage (an improvement from the 1/3 damage they used to do.)

kylenapoleon -> RE: v1.2.18 Beta Now Available (1/11/2006 5:52:39 AM)

I like these changes. Looking forward to the eventual release of the upgrade.

nachinus -> RE: v1.2.18 Beta Now Available (1/11/2006 12:06:23 PM)

I thought that we'd have to wait until 1.3 for some of these changes (frigate and siege stuff), I'm very happy that you added them to this version. Great job!

Kevan -> RE: v1.2.18 Beta Now Available (1/12/2006 2:12:30 AM)

I've never encountered developers of a commercial game that paid such close attention to the wishes of their players.

Good work!

ian77 -> RE: v1.2.18 Beta Now Available (1/12/2006 2:06:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevan

I've never encountered developers of a commercial game that paid such close attention to the wishes of their players.

Good work!

DITTO[&o]

1LTRambo -> RE: v1.2.18 Beta Now Available (1/13/2006 1:03:58 AM)

Cool, these fixes look benificial.

*Lava* -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (1/18/2006 11:07:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
It's available while in beta to registered owners of CoG in our Members' Club (the big "MEMBERS" link up in the top nav bar).

Regards,

- Erik

Hi Erik,

I just bought COG and tried to register at the members club and it says my email address is already in use. What gives?

Ray (alias Lava)

EDIT: Okay, forget it, I used another email address (figures) and everything is kewl.

Lokos -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/20/2006 7:57:53 AM)

Howdy guys.

I registered my copy of Crown of Glory with Matrix Games. And downloaded the latest 1.2.18 patch for said game. But every time I try to install it, it rejects my serial (why is it even asking for a serial, as a patch for users with registered games only?). I don't get it.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Dasara II -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/22/2006 10:02:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokos

Howdy guys.

I registered my copy of Crown of Glory with Matrix Games. And downloaded the latest 1.2.18 patch for said game. But every time I try to install it, it rejects my serial (why is it even asking for a serial, as a patch for users with registered games only?). I don't get it.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem, just got this great game in Australia, a couple of days ago. I have registered in the members section and add this game to "my games" then went to the registered downloads.

Got the latest beta, but it won't except by serial number :(

Do I have to what for another build because I just became a meber today?

Cheers :)

turkey1 -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/22/2006 12:34:20 PM)

And that makes 3

Same problem the beta patch wont recognise my serial

I sent a note to the matrix support email but no response so far.

Help would be appreciated

Erik Rutins -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/22/2006 4:44:32 PM)

Sorry, the patch was completed before those serial numbers were created. I'll put up an updated version with Australian serial numbers included as soon as possible and post here when it's available. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

- Erik

Dasara II -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/22/2006 4:53:59 PM)

WOW, that was quick :)

I have been playing Imperial Glory but it did not have the lasting game play to keep me coming back for more. CoG however has hit a mark with the type of game that I was looking for, for this era!

So I have been playing it non-stop over my holidays - then I read about the beta and though cooool. Then it would not work and I was devastated!

Thanks Erik for the quick reply, will keep and eye on the thread and all those bloody French Corps, as well.

Cheers, Dasara II

Joram -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/22/2006 6:09:12 PM)

Is there ever going to be an official release? I put this game down shortly before the patch because of all the bugs and have been waiting patiently for a final patch. I didn't want to sign up for yet another website just to download a beta patch nor want to beta test the patch for, what is it going on now, 4 months. Any word? No offense but this is getting past the point of ridiculous. While I appreciate the fact you are trying to get it as good as you can, this seems like an incredible case of scope-creep. Can't you lock down the major features and leave the tweaks to point updates?

Erik Rutins -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/22/2006 6:22:19 PM)

Yes, we're working to make this one official. I don't anticipate further beta updates, just the official release.

Regards,

- Erik

Aldar -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/22/2006 6:49:06 PM)

I have similar problem as Dasara II.
I bught my Crown of Glory today from polish distributor of this game (Nicolas Game)
My password has been accepted and I can install Crown of Glory (It's 1.10 version). But I can't install the last beta patch - it says the same: "password is invalid". I can't register this game too - I see: “Key Already Used”. I sent a note to the matrix support email with my serial number but no response so far.
Aldar

Moltke71 -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/22/2006 6:59:02 PM)

quote:

Yes, we're working to make this one official. I don't anticipate further beta updates, just the official release.

Regards,

- Erik

I hope you're right. As much as I appreciate all the work, the project is taking on a "gilding the lily" aspect. I think a number of knowledgeable gamers are waiting for the patch before they buy - if they still have it on theor screen.

Joram -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/22/2006 10:41:02 PM)

quote:

Regards,

- Erik

Err, wow. I eagerly await it then!

cliftonm -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/26/2006 12:21:33 AM)

I have downloaded the game but I cannot seem to get the patch. I am logged in to the members section. I go to my games then crown of glory then downloads. When I click on the patch link all I get is a 'cannot locate website' result.

Cookies are enabled, I have disabled any adware or virus scannning but still cannot get to the link.

Any help would be appreciated. Is there any other places where this file can be gotten?

hondo1375 -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/26/2006 10:25:53 PM)

I'm doing a reinstall and having the same problem as cliftonm cites.

Erik Rutins -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/26/2006 10:41:41 PM)

Did you register your copy of Crown of Glory in the Members' Club? Are you clicking on Registered Downloads?

Regards,

- Erik

hondo1375 -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/27/2006 12:14:40 AM)

Thanks for the reply.

Yes to both of your questions. I tried to download the GGWAW patch from the same area (which I registered previously), and I'm having the same problem. I tried to download the COG 1.1 patch from the regular download area just to test there wasn't a problem at my end, and I had no problems.

Dasara II -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/27/2006 3:22:29 AM)

Hi Hondo1375,
I am also experiencing this problem! I was able to download from the members section on Tuesday but I have not been able to download anything from the registered download over the last 3 days (even a readme file)?

I was hoping that they were in the process of uploading another version of the beta and put a block on the download but I am thinking that there is a problem now!

goodwoodrw -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/27/2006 12:55:24 PM)

G'day there is obivously a simple explanation to my problem, I can't d\l any patch from the members section. when I click on the D\lL thingy it comes up page not found. not just CoG, but WITP as well [&:]

msaario -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/27/2006 2:21:00 PM)

Same issue here!

--Mikko

Aldar -> RE: v1.2 Patch News (2/27/2006 7:23:15 PM)

quote:

Sorry, the patch was completed before those serial numbers were created. I'll put up an updated version with Australian serial numbers included as soon as possible and post here when it's available. Thanks for your patience.

Are you going to solve problem with polish serial numbers ?
I can't register too - is it the same problem ?

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI