Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Player Card (almost done)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> New Player Card (almost done) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Player Card (almost done) - 7/17/2006 5:04:18 PM   
SittingDuck

Was working on a new player card and have it almost completed. Here is a sample card of Hank Aaron:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/gooddane66/Miscellaneous/NewPlayerCard.jpg

The buttons as the bottom (activate, disable, etc) are a simple job in PSP - no big deal, just haven't gotten around to doing them.

However, the stopper on the whole project is the center section for ratings. That section is coded by Shaun in Flash and basically cannot be altered by me very easily. I don't want to attempt it; haven't worked with Flash. What has to change is the white background to the 'wheat' background that is used ont he rest of the card. And a little tweak to the 'paper' image, but I can do that if he sends me the image.

So if we can get Shaun to make some code changes to the two SWF files (hitter and pitcher) and offer them as options for us to use this card setup, then this card optional color will be done! He doesn't have to replace the original SWF files; just give us two additional files for our own choice of usage.

On another note, what has happened to Shaun? He is usually a lot more active on these boards and if out of town on business or family affairs, at least lets us know at times.
Post #: 1
RE: New Player Card (almost done) - 7/17/2006 11:21:05 PM   
dneely

SittingDuck:

twice I typed SittingBull..........Odd

Anyway I really like the look of your new player card. And I agree Shaun has been strangely silent recently...I hope he is not sick or other problems. I also hope he can help you with this so it can be added to the game.

DNeely

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 2
RE: New Player Card (almost done) - 7/17/2006 11:50:20 PM   
SittingDuck

Thanks, D.

I have been amazed at the lack of traffic on the board and lack of response to things such as image work.  I know we have a ton of lurkers.

Anyhow, thanks for your compliments on the player card.  I'll continue to tweak it as I am learning a lot about CSS scripting each day.  I have just finished an incredible Ebbets Field Draft Roster image (graphical roster) that is just phenomenal.  Makes all those other images I did the other day pale by far.

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 3
RE: New Player Card (almost done) - 7/18/2006 12:29:14 AM   
PadresFan104

Duck - I've posted the images on my website, but have't used them yet.  One thing I noticed is that the ballpark image isn't faded out much, if at all.  Doesn't this make the text hard to read?

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 4
RE: New Player Card (almost done) - 7/18/2006 3:31:26 AM   
SittingDuck

If you're talking about the five images I sent you of the various fields, no.  Because I put 50% opaque backgrounds behind all of the ratings/stat tables for each position, so they'll show up.

Anyhow, the one I have been working on now is done strictly through CSS scripting (except for fielder position title) and works like a charm.  I'll email it at some point.  For now, those five images I sent can serve as a go-between.

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> New Player Card (almost done) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI