Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

function of the set formation and set all formations buttons?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> function of the set formation and set all formations buttons? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
function of the set formation and set all formations bu... - 1/26/2007 6:07:50 AM   
gregusc

I was wondering if any of the editor guru types in this forum could lend some insight into the function of the "set formation" and "set all formations" buttons on the bottom right of the location tab in the database editor. These buttons only appear on the locations tab and nowhere else in the editor. And before I get flammed about it, yes, in fact, I did read the editor manual and it was not at all helpful. I tried playing with the button and it did not seem to change anything .

Thanks ahead for any help.

Greg.
Post #: 1
RE: function of the set formation and set all formation... - 1/26/2007 7:31:43 AM   
Ian R

I pressed set all once to see what happened (and you are correct, there is SFA about it in the manual, nor could I find anuthing in the patch notes) and noticed afterwards that certain Aviation units (PAF, MAF, DAF/DAF2) which used not to have a formation TOE now had one - the one for combat engineer regiments.

Tempting as that was I went back and cleared their formation value so that the game will (I hope) again adopt and set their initial strength as their TOE.

Never again.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to gregusc)
Post #: 2
RE: function of the set formation and set all formation... - 1/27/2007 8:58:20 PM   
gregusc

Thank you Mr. R for your assist........now, as I have been playing with these buttons some more I have not been able to get ANY results!! If I read Ian's post correctly he at least got some function from them...even if he was not able to duplicate it. As near as I can tell these buttons are either not defined OR there use is so cryptic I can't decipher it........

Anyone else have some insight On this?

Thanks, Greg.

P.S. It's editor Ver. 6... or whatever the updated Ver. that is available from Matrix.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 3
RE: function of the set formation and set all formation... - 1/27/2007 11:38:00 PM   
el cid again

You are correct - nothing happens.

(in reply to gregusc)
Post #: 4
RE: function of the set formation and set all formation... - 1/28/2007 8:03:29 AM   
Ian R

"Nothing Happens"

Sounds like a Joseph Heller novel.

I thought maybe it worked like the ships/aircraft ones - if you altered a formation in the formation section of the locations data file, then you could "set" your edited formation or "set all" of several edited formations to apply the change accross all units set to that formation.

Next patch perhaps?

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 5
RE: function of the set formation and set all formation... - 1/28/2007 1:32:56 PM   
el cid again

I cannot see the code - so here is a guess: WITP is full of "hooks"

these are places things are set up but not yet implemented

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> function of the set formation and set all formations buttons? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI