Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Jap enconomy - how do you tell if it is running ok

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Jap enconomy - how do you tell if it is running ok Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jap enconomy - how do you tell if it is running ok - 8/14/2007 6:07:57 PM   
Miller

I have been pretty conservative with my factory upgrades so far (It is July 42).

How do you tell if you have built up a decent reserve for later in the game? Overall Supply and Fuel levels have remained pretty much the same for months whilst the HI total has increased to approx 3 million. Is this a good reserve for this stage of the game?
Post #: 1
RE: Jap enconomy - how do you tell if it is running ok - 8/14/2007 6:16:56 PM   
pompack

3,000,000 HI is extremely good for stock. 300,000 would be closer to what I consider "normal" for stock or 15,000 for CHS (CHS is tough).

As to what constitures a good reserve, you have to look at HI, fuel, supply, armaments (outputs) and oil, resources (inputs). Assuming your input stockpiles are in the 2-3 million range it looks like you can afford more a/c and armaments; if not you may have overbuilt HI producing factories.

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 2
RE: Jap enconomy - how do you tell if it is running ok - 8/14/2007 7:25:41 PM   
saj42

Are you sure you've got 3 Million HI pts in the pool ?????
For the 200 or so days you are into the war that is a HI surplus of 15K per day
Which seems to indicate you are producing NOTHING - no ships, engines, a/c etc

What scenario/Mod are you playing ? (stock gives Japan approx 13K HI pts produced a day (give or take)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

I have been pretty conservative with my factory upgrades so far (It is July 42).

How do you tell if you have built up a decent reserve for later in the game? Overall Supply and Fuel levels have remained pretty much the same for months whilst the HI total has increased to approx 3 million. Is this a good reserve for this stage of the game?

Banner by rogueusmc

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 3
RE: Jap enconomy - how do you tell if it is running ok - 8/14/2007 7:55:00 PM   
Miller

Lol.....sorry its just over 300,000.....I counted the number of zeros wrong. So I take it this is a fairly typical amount for this time in the game?

(in reply to saj42)
Post #: 4
RE: Jap enconomy - how do you tell if it is running ok - 8/14/2007 9:26:11 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

Lol.....sorry its just over 300,000.....I counted the number of zeros wrong. So I take it this is a fairly typical amount for this time in the game?

it is IMO!

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 5
RE: Jap enconomy - how do you tell if it is running ok - 8/14/2007 11:53:16 PM   
PzB74

In mid 45 I got ca 1 million HI reserves - it should see me through the worst part of the war..I hope

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without"
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 6
RE: Jap enconomy - how do you tell if it is running ok - 8/15/2007 7:33:18 PM   
SireChaos

quote:

ORIGINAL: PzB

In mid 45 I got ca 1 million HI reserves - it should see me through the worst part of the war..I hope

If you´re in mid-45, the worst part of the war is already over. By now you´re so numb the blows no longer hurt.

(in reply to PzB74)
Post #: 7
RE: Jap enconomy - how do you tell if it is running ok - 8/15/2007 8:08:57 PM   
Canoerebel

Actually, Miller only has 37 HI points in the Home Islands.  He's counting on these, six Oscars, and a PC to hold off the Allies.

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 8
RE: Jap enconomy - how do you tell if it is running ok - 8/15/2007 9:00:47 PM   
Miller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Actually, Miller only has 37 HI points in the Home Islands.  He's counting on these, six Oscars, and a PC to hold off the Allies.

All my Oscars will be going to the scrapyard when the Tony comes online next month. They are absolutely useless......

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Jap enconomy - how do you tell if it is running ok Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI