Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese CHS Opponent Wanted CLOSED

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Japanese CHS Opponent Wanted CLOSED Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese CHS Opponent Wanted CLOSED - 1/29/2008 10:30:49 PM   
Sigma8510

I'm not brand new to the game, but have been out of things for awhile. I have a brand new install patched up to 1.806 and using CHS 2.08. I'd like to try the CHS historical full campaign as the Allies while waiting on AE. Play would use either the No Soviet navy variant, or the Modified A2A variant.

I tried a couple of PBEM games during my first go round and was not happy with players dropping out. Some things I can understand, I work at the Pentagon, but I believe I can get 1 turn a night in during the week and at least 2 in on SAT/SUN. My opponent should be able to support the same.

As far as house rules go, I'm new to all the variants out there. I came across these in sjohnson's thread and I will (hopefully with his blessing) borrow them with some modifications as an entering argument. Feel free to suggest additions/deletions/modifications.

I can only support one game at this time, but I hope to get someone who will stay the course. I will!

Joseph

Proposed House Rules (Thanks sjohnson!):
"First turn - Japan gets to choose one port strike location; no invasions south of singapore or tarakan-menado-sorong line on first turn; or south of rabaul. Allies can change air missions; can move up to 1/3 of non capital ships (AK, DD, SS, etc) in a port on first turn; no CV hunting by Japan on first turn; no more than 2 days of strikes on Pearl and if Pearl is struck by KB - must return to Japan to refuel before other ops; russia must be activated 2 weeks prior to any invasion - activation done by a small unit crossing border and returning.

1) common sense
2) the usual - no sub commando raids to seize an island etc.
3) ASW TFs - maybe limit to 6 ships; can't stand the ASW death star of 25 DDs killing everything that pokes its head up
4) Mrs Betty and Mrs Nell - not much to do about the torps available everywhere; how about not on naval attack greater than range 8 unless at size 5 AF or greater?
5) air unit transfer - LBAs that transfer longer than their normal range must be on stand down or training for the next turn; ie no transferring of units 3,000 miles then launching a mission the next morning...
6) 4E bombers - in general would like to see no B29s on naval attack, strat bombing from 15,000 ft+ unless at night (8,000 ft+)"

< Message edited by jbaxter1964 -- 1/31/2008 1:13:15 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese CHS Opponent Wanted - 1/30/2008 2:36:45 AM   
bilbow

PM sent

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

(in reply to Sigma8510)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Japanese CHS Opponent Wanted CLOSED Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI