Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI Economy Cheating on Hard/Very Hard?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> AI Economy Cheating on Hard/Very Hard? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI Economy Cheating on Hard/Very Hard? - 1/31/2008 9:25:15 PM   
Chad Harrison

From the beginning, it has been my goal to actually finish a game of WitP. After two AI games that ended in 1943 (due to lack of a challenge) and a PBEM game that is in July 1943, its looking grim to get done before CF and AE get here. So, to accomplish my original goal, I have started a new game against the AI, who makes up for his lack of skill with his lack of a life (he's always available to do another turn ). For the first time I am using a mod too, CHS, and I am very impressed by it. I am playing as Allies.

Okay, needless to say the AI is getting trashed. Its May 1, 1943 and I am 2000 points from my autovictory (I have 38k and the AI has 10k), but I want to play to the end date regardless. I hold all of Luzon, all of the SRA, I have Malaya back, Saigon, and am about to take Canton. Outside of Truk and Rabual, the entire CENPAC is almost mine. Ill be honest, by the end date, my goal is to own every base on the map, including all of China. Thats a worthy goal when playing against the AI right?

As such, my AI opponent has not had access to the SRA for about an entire year. So I stepped in and took a look around at the Japanease industy. Pretty dire if you ask me:

Oil at Home Islands = about 10k on hand with no access to more oil/fuel outside of the Home Islands

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but without oil, the Japanease industry can not do anything? After re-reading the manual, and looking at the great industry flow charts out there, it would appear to be the case. No oil means no heavy industry. No heavy industry means everything from plans to tanks to ships stops.

Which brings me to my question: Will the AI cheat and be able to continue production without oil? Ie. will planes and ships and troop equipment continue to roll on enough though the AI's industry is dead?

I know that the AI recieves all sorts of bonus' to make up for its, well, you know, lack of skill. But does this include industry? I am playing on hard and the manual only says 'Some Logistical Advantages'. Has anyone figured out what that means?

Thanks in advance

Chad
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> AI Economy Cheating on Hard/Very Hard? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI