Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 - 6/2/2008 2:40:18 AM   
mikemike

Have just installed 1.1.1. It's running fine. Carry on the splendid work, guys!

And now my fresh crop of nits:

The Air Groups and Pilots data set, tab Pilots, doesn't seem to show pilots with more than five kills.

Ship Production: The numeric sort on the Delay column is, of course, really helpful. But the Accel Delay column would be even more helpful if you calculated the value as follows:
ACC_DELAY := (DELAY+1) DIV 2; (PASCAL syntax, I'm not current on JAVA)
( in BASIC this would be AD = INT((DL + 1) / 2) )
Perhaps it would be better, anyway, to scrap the Accel Delay column totally and just put the calculated delay for accelerated ships in the Delay column; this way one could instantly see which ships will arrive in which turn instead of correlating two different columns.

The running total in the Build Points column serves no real purpose and might be dispensed with, the total is displayed in the header anyway, and if you sort the data set, you'll have to hunt for the maximum value.
The What-If columns are a nice feature, but have a bug: if you change the Calc-BR value of any ship, the Calc Points value for any ship that is accelerated but has a positive value in the Start Building column is re-calculated incorrectly which throws the total off whack; this seems to be connected to their status being Building. The Calc Points column, too, might benefit if you took out the running total display and put the end sum into the header panel.

DON´T PANIC - IT´S ALL JUST ONES AND ZEROES!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 211
RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 - 6/2/2008 2:47:11 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikemike

The Air Groups and Pilots data set, tab Pilots, doesn't seem to show pilots with more than five kills.

Ship Production: The numeric sort on the Delay column is, of course, really helpful. But the Accel Delay column would be even more helpful if you calculated the value as follows:
( in BASIC this would be AD = INT((DL + 1) / 2) )
Perhaps it would be better, anyway, to scrap the Accel Delay column totally and just put the calculated delay for accelerated ships in the Delay column; this way one could instantly see which ships will arrive in which turn instead of correlating two different columns.

The running total in the Build Points column serves no real purpose and might be dispensed with, the total is displayed in the header anyway, and if you sort the data set, you'll have to hunt for the maximum value.
The What-If columns are a nice feature, but have a bug: if you change the Calc-BR value of any ship, the Calc Points value for any ship that is accelerated but has a positive value in the Start Building column is re-calculated incorrectly which throws the total off whack; this seems to be connected to their status being Building. The Calc Points column, too, might benefit if you took out the running total display and put the end sum into the header panel.

Thanks Mike, I knew about the problem with accelerating ships that are outside the "normal" build period, that you want to Calculate ... I just haven't had a chance to rectify this or any other small glitch yet. And I agree with your suggestions, I've been thinking along the same lines ... so thanks again.
I'll get it right one day

(in reply to mikemike)
Post #: 212
RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 - 6/2/2008 3:05:15 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Any idea on what happened to my Database? I have not upgraded yet.

My list of arrived ships is very long and seems to include every ship I will get someday.

The only thing I can think of is that the initial DB did not contain any of the ships and then when you read in a turn, all of them showed up as "new". But I don't know why the initial DB didn't have the ships.

If you want to send the files, you can send them to witptracker@gmail.com and I'll have a look. Send the initial save, the save you read (I assume this was the second turn you read in) and the properties file.

- Floyd

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 213
RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 - 6/2/2008 3:08:01 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thesix

I just tested again with the Andrew's Map scenario and... it works
Great, thank you very much!

Too late now to test more, I go to bed.

Phew.

(in reply to Thesix)
Post #: 214
RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 - 6/2/2008 3:11:33 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikemike

This section is broken. It only reads pilots on the intial start-up and not turn-by-turn (if your pilots have more than 5 kills on the first turn read, it should show, but of limited use). We also seem to be missing some of the pilots in the initial read, so it's never completely accurate.
We do plan to fix this (eventually).

quote:

Wow, it's been a while since I've seen any PASCAL code...

(in reply to mikemike)
Post #: 215
RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 - 6/2/2008 3:28:56 AM   
Local Yokel

1.1.1 installed and working, though I received the following warning:

"WARNING: Unknown keyword found in properties file."

Doesn't seem to have adversely affected anything obvious, save that where items are tracked over successive turns, the two turns prior to the current one seem to have been assigned zero values in some cases - this is so with damage to ships on ships repairs screen and first base only that is selected for display of base basic history.  Values for the two turns prior to the current one for base resource history also seem to have been zeroed throughout.  Not a big deal, but odd.

Also, I'm able to resize the height of the window in which Tracker is displayed, but its width automatically enlarges then freezes at the enlarged size - this behaviour first occurred with this version.  In prior versions I found basic window management fragile: app. would abnormally end when resizing, maximising or moving the main window.  A problem with the Java runtime I'm using, perhaps? I'm on Version 6 Update 5 (build 1.6.0_05-b13).

So much for the brickbats - far outweighed by the usefulness of the enhancements, especially proper numeric sorting; worth the update for this alone.  Thanks a lot!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 216
RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 - 6/2/2008 3:37:23 AM   
Nomad

This happened a few turns ago and never self corrected. I have listed what looks like all AD, AK, AP, AS, AR, LCI, LSM, LST, TK, etc. ship that is to
arrive. No Combat ships of any kind and no AOs.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 217
RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 - 6/2/2008 3:42:23 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel

1.1.1 installed and working, though I received the following warning:

"WARNING: Unknown keyword found in properties file."

Doesn't seem to have adversely affected anything obvious, save that where items are tracked over successive turns, the two turns prior to the current one seem to have been assigned zero values in some cases - this is so with damage to ships on ships repairs screen and first base only that is selected for display of base basic history.  Values for the two turns prior to the current one for base resource history also seem to have been zeroed throughout.  Not a big deal, but odd.

Also, I'm able to resize the height of the window in which Tracker is displayed, but its width automatically enlarges then freezes at the enlarged size - this behaviour first occurred with this version.  In prior versions I found basic window management fragile: app. would abnormally end when resizing, maximising or moving the main window.  A problem with the Java runtime I'm using, perhaps? I'm on Version 6 Update 5 (build 1.6.0_05-b13).

So much for the brickbats - far outweighed by the usefulness of the enhancements, especially proper numeric sorting; worth the update for this alone.  Thanks a lot!

The warning should be harmless. If you want me to look further, send me the witptracker.properties file to witptracker@gmail.com.

I can look at the history issues if you send save files (same place). I haven't seen that happen, but my testing was only with three turns (as you can see from the screen shots in the User Guide).

As for the resizing, I'm using the same JRE, but I don't re-size the window. I did have a bit of difficulty to get the screens to resize properly and I assume it only got worse as we added more panels. Some day when I get blocked on something else, I may take a look at the resizing again.

(in reply to Local Yokel)
Post #: 218
RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 - 6/2/2008 3:43:30 AM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

My list of arrived ships is very long and seems to include every ship I will get someday.

The only thing I can think of is that the initial DB did not contain any of the ships and then when you read in a turn, all of them showed up as "new". But I don't know why the initial DB didn't have the ships.

If you want to send the files, you can send them to witptracker@gmail.com and I'll have a look. Send the initial save, the save you read (I assume this was the second turn you read in) and the properties file.

- Floyd

As you can see, I have read in a large number of turns.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 219
RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 - 6/2/2008 3:58:42 AM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

- Floyd

As you can see, I have read in a large number of turns.

Yeah, I see...

And the turn before (343) all of the ships were listed, but when you read turn 344, all of the ships were reported as "new"?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 220
RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 - 6/2/2008 4:16:13 AM   
Nomad

I don't remember if it was last turn or a couple of turns before. I just deleted the db and restarted.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 221
RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 - 6/2/2008 12:23:05 PM   
Nemo121

It would be REALLY nice to be able to see something like "projected engine requirements 6 months, 12 months, 18 months and 24 months" for each engine type ( taking into account full repairs and auto-upgrade ).

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 222
RE: WitPTracker 1.0.2 - 6/2/2008 6:06:31 PM   
Chris21wen

Just run the tracker for the first time. I have a problem with some ship class icon not displaying the correct ships. CHS scenario156.

(in reply to emek)
Post #: 223
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/3/2008 1:33:59 PM   
Chris21wen

Hakkaido is not connected tot he rest of Japan so I want it as a separte region which I've created but I can't work out how do I add, or delate bases from regions?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 224
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/3/2008 1:54:20 PM   
n01487477

Ok Chris,
sorry haven't replied before ... what mod are you playing ? I see that you said 156. This is the extended map right ?

Included with the Tracker are some "cluster files".

1. If you go File -> Import Base
2. You will get the open file dialogue.
3. Go into region mappings.
4. Pick the mod you use and the cluster should import and help you. (your case chs2_08s.txt) I'm not sure how good it is, as I don;t play chs, and I made the cluster quickly.

If you want to change the Regions, Click File - Regions and you can edit or add/ delete regions.
And changing a base is done by using the drop-down on the Base screen -> region column.

If you want to build the cluster from scratch, unassign all the bases and delete all the regions. I guess you don;t want to do that so use the chs file, (tell me if there are any problems), and then edit your regions and bases assigned to regions.

The *.pdf, can give you some more help, and if you make a cluster you like send it to me and maybe we will use it in the next release. If this isn't detailed enough, I'll do a step by step for you ...

Lastly, if you are really stuck, I'll make a new cluster for you, for that scenario

Not sure about your icon problem, do you have the path correct in your properties file or do you have more than 1 mod installed ?

Cheers

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 225
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/3/2008 1:54:51 PM   
ny59giants

quote:

Hakkaido is not connected tot he rest of Japan so I want it as a separte region which I've created but I can't work out how do I add, or delate bases from regions?

I've done the clusters for Big B's and Empire's Ablaze, so I'm kinda good at this.
Go to File. Then to the "Regions." Click on "New" and make one named "Hakkaido." Now you can go back into "Bases" and change the bases to your new Region. Voila, you are there!!

I don't remember if they take effect right away or have to wait for the next turn to be loaded.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 226
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/3/2008 2:13:56 PM   
herwin

The first time I loaded a turn it worked fine, but the second was hosed. Has anyone else seen this?

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 227
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/3/2008 5:58:35 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

The first time I loaded a turn it worked fine, but the second was hosed. Has anyone else seen this?

What about it wasn't working?

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 228
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/3/2008 5:59:04 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

quote:

I've done the clusters for Big B's and Empire's Ablaze, so I'm kinda good at this.
Go to File. Then to the "Regions." Click on "New" and make one named "Hakkaido." Now you can go back into "Bases" and change the bases to your new Region. Voila, you are there!!

I don't remember if they take effect right away or have to wait for the next turn to be loaded.

Should be immediate.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 229
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/3/2008 7:29:06 PM   
herwin

quote:

quote:

My opponent tells me he saw the sync bug with that turn. It may be a hosed save file.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 230
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/3/2008 7:58:52 PM   
Chris21wen

Air groups showing no leader when there is.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 231
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/3/2008 8:32:04 PM   
Chris21wen

Got it thanks.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 232
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/3/2008 10:40:02 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

My opponent tells me he saw the sync bug with that turn. It may be a hosed save file.

I'm not sure if the sync bug would have any affect on the WitPTracker from reading the save game file. So what specifically is not working about the program when you read in a turn?

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 233
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/3/2008 10:42:01 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

I'm sure the Air Group does have a leader. I've seen some cases where leaders are missed from the save file. Can you verify that the actual leader appears in the Leaders panel?

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 234
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/3/2008 10:54:37 PM   
Chris21wen

OK can somebody help please. I-27 is due in three days but the Durability is 25, greater than delay. Ships are built when Dur*10>delay but the figures make no sense?

I've got ships in the queue that havn't started to be buit yet but there Dur etc is less than the delay. I'm missing somthing here and i can't spot it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 235
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/4/2008 12:06:24 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

I'm sure the Air Group does have a leader. I've seen some cases where leaders are missed from the save file. Can you verify that the actual leader appears in the Leaders panel?

It does indeed, at least in the game. He doesn't exist anywhere in the tracker which includes the pilot list for the 27th Lt Sentai

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 236
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/4/2008 1:09:42 AM   
n01487477

quote:

OK can somebody help please. I-27 is due in three days but the Durability is 25, greater than delay. Ships are built when Dur*10>delay but the figures make no sense?

I've got ships in the queue that havn't started to be buit yet but there Dur etc is less than the delay. I'm missing somthing here and i can't spot it.

OK. some thing you need to understand first
1. Ships are able to build if their durability * 10 < delay. These ships can be
accelerated, at triple the durability cost. or it means that "Start Building" is (-) numbers (how many day it has been building)

2. Ships not in the first group, but can be built at accelerated if durability * 30 < delay. The
cost to accelerate these equals durability.

3. Ships Durability * 10 = the normal number of days to build a vessel. Also adding Delay and Start Building give total build time.

4.Build Points/Aggregate - just gives a running total as you go down the list.

5.The other columns are to manually calculate ... via a drop down on the CalBr column.

6.Durability is a constant, it never changes ... for building.

OK so in your example:
1. SS I-27 25*10 = 250, so it commenced building when it's delay was 250 days. And continued building, as delay reduced one day per turn from then on. It started building -247 days ago, so it has 3 days remaining.
2. It's build points are equal to durability = 25 (disregard the aggregate for now - it's for my calculations - it shows the aggregate total for ships building)
3. You have 1189 Points/turn and 2925 points stored = 4000+ points. And are using 1156 points this turn. Leaving you an additional 33 points into the pool, which will total 2958 next turn.
4. So if you wanted to accelerate some ships, you can use the drop down on calBR to adjust "what if" and then see the total points expended in Cal Pts. (Point 2 (above), is not adequately dealt with yet in this yet, but I'm getting to it)

Maybe I should start a tutorial page ... on this and other things, if the *.pdf and other forum area's are not enough explanation ...

Hope this helps.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 6/4/2008 1:10:36 AM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 237
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/4/2008 2:40:25 AM   
ny59giants

quote:

Maybe I should start a tutorial page ... on this and other things, if the *.pdf and other forum area's are not enough explanation ...

I need classes on Air and LCU Production for Dummies.
When and where can I sign up??

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 238
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/4/2008 8:36:28 AM   
emek

Can you look at this error log? Anything can be done?
This is CHS 155 game.

Another thing is it possible to show para units out of all inf units there for allies?

)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderLargeDelta Values=(21493,115,8,0)
java.sql.SQLException: Violation of unique constraint $$: duplicate value(s) for
column(s) $$: SYS_PK_81
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.Database.InsertRow(Database.java:56)
at witptracker.Leader.InsertSmallDelta(Leader.java:195)
at witptracker.Leader.UpdateLeaderInDB(Leader.java:259)
at witptracker.InMemoryDB.CompareLeaderLists(InMemoryDB.java:491)
at witptracker.ReadTurnTask.doInBackground(ReadTurnTask.java:126)
at witptracker.ReadTurnTask.doInBackground(ReadTurnTask.java:1)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderSmallDelta Values=(21494,115,7,0)
java.sql.SQLException: Violation of unique constraint $$: duplicate value(s) for
column(s) $$: SYS_PK_83
at witptracker.Leader.InsertLargeDelta(Leader.java:200)
at witptracker.Leader.UpdateLeaderInDB(Leader.java:268)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderLargeDelta Values=(21494,115,8,0)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderSmallDelta Values=(21495,115,7,0)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderLargeDelta Values=(21495,115,8,0)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderSmallDelta Values=(21496,115,7,0)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderLargeDelta Values=(21496,115,8,0)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderSmallDelta Values=(21497,115,7,0)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderLargeDelta Values=(21497,115,8,0)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderSmallDelta Values=(21498,115,7,0)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderLargeDelta Values=(21498,115,8,0)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderSmallDelta Values=(21499,115,7,0)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderLargeDelta Values=(21499,115,8,0)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderSmallDelta Values=(21500,115,7,0)
)
Insert Error code = -104
Table=LeaderLargeDelta Values=(21500,115,8,0)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 239
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.1.1 - 6/4/2008 10:56:55 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

OK. some thing you need to understand first
1. Ships are able to build if their durability * 10 < delay. These ships can be
accelerated, at triple the durability cost. or it means that "Start Building" is (-) numbers (how many day it has been building)

2. Ships not in the first group, but can be built at accelerated if durability * 30 < delay. The
cost to accelerate these equals durability.

3. Ships Durability * 10 = the normal number of days to build a vessel. Also adding Delay and Start Building give total build time.

4.Build Points/Aggregate - just gives a running total as you go down the list.

5.The other columns are to manually calculate ... via a drop down on the CalBr column.

6.Durability is a constant, it never changes ... for building.

OK so in your example:
1. SS I-27 25*10 = 250, so it commenced building when it's delay was 250 days. And continued building, as delay reduced one day per turn from then on. It started building -247 days ago, so it has 3 days remaining.
2. It's build points are equal to durability = 25 (disregard the aggregate for now - it's for my calculations - it shows the aggregate total for ships building)

So in the example below the Shinano started to be built when its delay was 1800. The value in Delay is reduced by 180 each turn, while start building increase, al-be-it negatively, by 180 each turn. The two should add up to 1800.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.1.1 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI