Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

See Through Buildings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> See Through Buildings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
See Through Buildings - 4/25/2009 5:12:21 PM   
Anthropoid

Found another one

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7852/ccwarseethrueslsenbornr.jpg

What is annoying about this is that the AI seems to know exactly where these see-through spots are. I'm actually replaying the battle because in an earlier try, I had a Jagdpanzer hidden behind the farm house. A Sherman drove right up, and shot me through the building, destroying the Jagdpanzer!!

Unrealistic: yes.

Fun: no.

Trivial: given it appears to be a problem sprinkled around on various maps, I would say not.

Is there a fix on the way for this, or is it just that there are buildings with this problem sprinkled all over the place, so the only way it will get fixed is if players point out buildings that have the problem?

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3
Post #: 1
RE: See Through Buildings - 4/25/2009 5:51:52 PM   
gunship

windows and open doors !

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 2
RE: See Through Buildings - 4/25/2009 6:03:48 PM   
Tejszd

Could be shots through doors and windows. But there definitely are some map coding issues so it is best to post these things when you notice them so they can be looked at and fixed if necessary....

(in reply to gunship)
Post #: 3
RE: See Through Buildings - 4/25/2009 6:23:26 PM   
squadleader_id

Definitely map coding errors...the problems/errors are explained thoroughly at CCS here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6539

< Message edited by squadleader_id -- 4/25/2009 6:24:59 PM >

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 4
RE: See Through Buildings - 4/25/2009 9:52:12 PM   
Andrew Williams

All maps are currently under review.

But any specific maps or areas of maps that are questionable please post.

that image you posted is a classic example.

1. Small building
2. On an angle

These are the two most likely places to cause an error and combined the chances are doubled.

thanks for posting.

(in reply to squadleader_id)
Post #: 5
RE: See Through Buildings - 4/25/2009 11:24:37 PM   
Anthropoid

Thanks Andrew. Just knowing you guys want to fix it is really all I wanted to hear :) Will post any find and kudos to you guys for a great game and great support!

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 6
RE: See Through Buildings - 4/26/2009 3:31:13 PM   
Platoon_Michael

quote:

Thank-You
Can you tell us if it's just the codding of buildings that are being looked at or is LOS over Terrain also being reviewed?

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 7
RE: See Through Buildings - 4/26/2009 7:05:03 PM   
Anthropoid

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

quote:

Thank-You
Can you tell us if it's just the codding of buildings that are being looked at or is LOS over Terrain also being reviewed?

I'm not sure if it WAD or BUG but I too am having _very_ annoying experiences with LOS. Perhaps it is just WAD, in which case this is more a comment on "why doesn't the game work _insert function."

In forested, hilly terrain (e.g., Liefrange) I find it VERY hard move my units forward through the forest to get a clear shot.

I move my unit forward at a crawl toward the spot that says it is 47 m high, the highest spot seemingly on the whole map, and roughly adjacent to a couple trees. Once there my unit cannot hit the hills on the other side, but amazingly the AI can hit me!

Since the AI is obviously so good at finding those high-open spots where he can shoot right through the trees to hit far away targets, why don't MY guys work that way too? I tell them to go to an area, but intead of getting ideally positioned so that they can maximize the LOS from the area, they get right behind frickin' trees!

(in reply to Platoon_Michael)
Post #: 8
RE: See Through Buildings - 5/2/2009 4:57:39 AM   
Platoon_Michael

While not a see through building it does leave me confused as to why the LOS was present.
The map is Meyerode.
(Had the day off,got a lot of Battles in today :) )

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 9
RE: See Through Buildings - 5/2/2009 6:37:38 AM   
Southernland

I managed to loose half of a Pzgrppe on that map.  Thought I was never going to take it.  I was down to a few Pz IVs by the grande finale

Post #: 10
RE: See Through Buildings - 5/2/2009 7:04:52 AM   
Platoon_Michael

It's been a tough one.While the AI has had me out gunned several times the Commander of the German Battle group is/has taken it very slow.Thus allowing me to gain the upper hand.
Love the bunkers on not only this map but on Ramscheid and Butgenbach.
And that little secret one on Losheim.
Nice touch

< Message edited by Platoon_Michael -- 5/2/2009 7:45:26 AM >

(in reply to Southernland)
Post #: 11
RE: See Through Buildings - 5/2/2009 8:02:45 AM   
Andrew Williams

Thanks plt Michael

You have posted that one three times now.... that's probably enough.

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> See Through Buildings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI