Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Physical Shipment Status

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Physical Shipment Status Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 3:04:36 AM   
hbrsvl

Eric-Have you thought about asking your Congressperson to help? Seems to me your stuck in the ... I can't spell it.

Happy Customizing. Hugh Browne

P.S. If this is too political, I retract.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 181
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 9:22:31 AM   
ool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Customs did not find time in their day to look at our two sample manuals today and approve them. Hopefully tomorrow.

Well they wouldn't want to cut into their water cooler time now would they?

Post #: 182
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 2:12:56 PM   
Chijohnaok2

Eric,

Any update for those of us patiently waiting in the US?

Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 183
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 3:20:32 PM   
awadley

Eric,
Any additional information on the shipping status for today?  Mine has been pending since the 27th.
Thanks for the supreme efforts from the start.
Gunner

Gunner USMCR

(in reply to Chijohnaok2)
Post #: 184
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 5:25:24 PM   
Slick91

quote:

A lot of labels ...and they're little ones too.

Regards,

- Erik

Just curious, (assuming approval by Customs) are these "Printed In China" labels going to be on the front or back covers? Also, would we be able to peel them off without defacing the book?

If you havn't guessed, I'm a bit anal about my stuff...

Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Post #: 185
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 5:31:16 PM   
Erik Rutins

They have now requested the warehouse location, I assume this means they're going to opt to physically inspect every darn manual. No confirmation on this yet though, so we're still hoping we can avoid that additional delay.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Slick91)
Post #: 186
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 5:34:02 PM   
TheOx

Holy crap.

***BTW, Eric, I've sent you 2 emails over the past 3 weeks. I know you're busy, just want to confirm you have recieved them.

Post #: 187
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 6:08:58 PM   
rroberson

Because some jerk has to say it and IM the jerk for the job.

The lesson here is next time, use an American company

(in reply to TheOx)
Post #: 188
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 6:31:34 PM   
Gem35

Erik has been such a great asset to these forums, though he doesn't need me to "protect him" but the guy always has been there for us and hopefully always will be.

I feel bad for the folks who don't have their game and manual yet. We all do.
Let's all try and be glad that we have these games and people like Erik, its a lot better to have to wait just a bit more than not even having the game in the first place.

I think Erik deserves our respect and thanks because if you think about it, its not an easy job to be the bearer of bad news.

Things will get better, they always will.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 189
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 6:40:24 PM   
AttuWatcher

I work with customs occasionally...get a box of donuts and you might be able to forgo this extra measure, get a good variety though, preferrably from a new or trendy shop, they aren't easily impressed.

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 190
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 6:47:59 PM   
V22 Osprey

So it is comfirmed that I wont be playing this before the end of summer, or at best it arrives the last day of summer.

I am officially giving up on this game.I could have used that $80 to get other games I wanted like Forge of Freedom.Better yet, I would have been playing them by now.

< Message edited by V22 Osprey -- 8/6/2009 6:48:48 PM >

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to AttuWatcher)
Post #: 191
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 7:11:27 PM   
aztez

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

So it is comfirmed that I wont be playing this before the end of summer, or at best it arrives the last day of summer.

I am officially giving up on this game.I could have used that $80 to get other games I wanted like Forge of Freedom.Better yet, I would have been playing them by now.

Hmmm. Most of us don't have boxed copy yet. I have been very busy with work and have had very limited time at my disposal. Hell, I would like start spending hours doing the grand campaign first turn but at the moment it is not happening.

Just by reading your latest comments I say patience. In the life many things wohn't go your way.

It isn't he matrix fault that things got messed up. That happens. Personally I feel the customer service has been excellent.

..and look at the bright side you will get hundreds of hours playing time very soon.

It is not the end of the world.

< Message edited by aztez -- 8/6/2009 7:12:23 PM >

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 192
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 7:12:02 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

When I was 16 there were these things called "girls." Somehow they always looked better in August than February. Give it a try; otherwise, the stress might kill ya . . .

The Moose

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 193
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 7:27:07 PM   
Stilletto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

When I was 16 there were these things called "girls." Somehow they always looked better in August than February. Give it a try; otherwise, the stress might kill ya . . .

They looked better in August because they were in shorts, swimming suits, etc. In February they were bundled up in bulky winter clothes.

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

"Ms. Betty has sharp thorns, but underneath is a delicate flower." -ltfightr

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 194
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 7:30:10 PM   
USSAmerica

And tan, don't forget tan. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Stilletto)
Post #: 195
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 7:33:18 PM   
AttuWatcher

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stilletto

quote:

They looked better in August because they were in shorts, swimming suits, etc. In February they were bundled up in bulky winter clothes.

Up here they don't go outside at all in Feb.

(in reply to Stilletto)
Post #: 196
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 7:39:45 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stilletto

quote:

Bingo. I grew up in Virginia Beach, so . . .

February was for reading sci-fi. (And dreaming of non-room-size computers.)

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 8/6/2009 7:40:28 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to Stilletto)
Post #: 197
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 9:32:59 PM   
CEDeaton

I'm old, immature and my eys are going - fast.

I don't care for .pdf files much and I'm betting the text in the manual will be so small it still won't help me unless I buy a new pair of readers.

Frankly, if it were an option, I'd happily pay an extra $10-15 for a game manual they way they used to be. Remember those, old guys?

Sadly, there are just too many bean-counters in the world for that to happen anymore. (Note to self - after we kill all the lawyers, go right to work on the accountants)

Maybe a Prima Guide for WITP:AE would be good.

Semper Fi,
Craig

It's always pilot error. Sometimes the idiot just doesn't know how to fly a broken aircraft.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 198
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 10:03:53 PM   
Lützow

quote:

Or you could have throw in some additional bucks and play the download version of WitP AE now, like almost everybody here. Take it as a lesson for your next order.

< Message edited by Lützow -- 8/6/2009 10:04:46 PM >

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 199
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 10:29:47 PM   
Reg

quote:

ORIGINAL: CraigDeaton

I'm old, immature and my eys are going - fast.

I don't care for .pdf files much and I'm betting the text in the manual will be so small it still won't help me unless I buy a new pair of readers.

Frankly, if it were an option, I'd happily pay an extra $10-15 for a game manual they way they used to be. Remember those, old guys?

Sadly, there are just too many bean-counters in the world for that to happen anymore. (Note to self - after we kill all the lawyers, go right to work on the accountants)

Maybe a Prima Guide for WITP:AE would be good.

Actually a pdf file is an advantage in this situation. Take the money you save on the physical copy with the file to your local printer and get them to print it on any size paper you like. You could make it the size of a newspaper if you want!!!
(Only ever so slightly tongue in cheek ).

A Prima Guide is a great idea. WIth a bit of encouragement maybe someone who knows a lot more about the game than myself could write one.

Someone tried to kick off a Wiki on WITP a while ago so maybe this could be tried again. Wikis are good in that it doesn't have to be written by any one individual and everyone can contribute their little bit.

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to CEDeaton)
Post #: 200
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 11:17:02 PM   
CEDeaton

Printing at FedEx/Kinkos is a bit disappointing.

The manual won't work for standard paper sizes and by upsizing it to 8.5" x 11" to accomodate my poor old eyes (roughly an A4 for you non-Yanks) it will cost:

Black and White, Double-sided printing , in a binder is a mere $45.18, but so much detail gets lost for me in black and white that it's just not that great.

Color is only an option for the millionaires and truly-dedicated amongst us...

Color, Double Sided, Standard Laser Paper (no binder) - $162.68
Color, Double Sided, Standard Glossy Paper (with binder) - $313.09
Color, Single Sided, Standard Glossy paper (no binder) - $345.28

"Honey, we won't be eating this week, but I've got a really swell set of docs for WITP:AE!!"

Guess I'll be waiting for the shipped version and buying a new pair of readers.

A Wiki sounds great though!

Semper Fi,
Craig

It's always pilot error. Sometimes the idiot just doesn't know how to fly a broken aircraft.

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 201
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 11:38:18 PM   
V22 Osprey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow

quote:

Or you could have throw in some additional bucks and play the download version of WitP AE now, like almost everybody here. Take it as a lesson for your next order.

A $25 difference is something to think about.For example, I got Crown of Glory:Emperor's edition for only $50 bucks and a small $5 shipping charge.What does matrix charge?$60 and another $10 for shipping.That said, now that my parents know about NWS, its going to be impossible to convince my parents to order directly from matrix.

EDIT:I'm not saying the games aren't worth it.I also understood the additional delay from ordering from a reseller, but this much delay is ridiculous.Now with the first day of school making a speedy approach, I was expecting the game to atleast be on the way to my house by now.

< Message edited by V22 Osprey -- 8/6/2009 11:51:04 PM >

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 202
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/6/2009 11:54:08 PM   
ckk

Which is what you get when you give people with little minds and uniforms a little power They will use it without regard to common sense. These beauracrats need a life

Post #: 203
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 12:18:32 AM   
tocaff

Customs in the US is nothing compared to what we have here in Brazil.  On a trip to the US I forgot my camera and my friend mailed it to me.  Customs decided that I had to pay tax on a 3 year old digital camera that was mine.  I had no choice as the memory cards had all the pics from the trip so I paid more in tax than the camera cost me new in the US. 

In due time physical shipments will go out.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 204
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 1:12:38 AM   
CEDeaton

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckk

Which is what you get when you give people with little minds and uniforms a little power They will use it without regard to common sense.

That's why every country in the world sends their 18 year olds out to fight the wars!

Semper Fi,
Craig

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 205
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 1:29:59 AM   
Erik Rutins

We are now told that we may have approval tomorrow without a full inspection at the warehouse. We'll see...

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to CEDeaton)
Post #: 206
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 1:40:08 AM   
rogueusmc

At least now days, they have to be 18...they used to send them alot younger in times past...

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to CEDeaton)
Post #: 207
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 1:46:13 AM   
pmelheck1

18 years old also don't think "I could get killed doing this!". General gives briefing... Young soldier "Can you Sir!". Old fart "Are you nuts!". It was once brought to my attention before I retired that it takes a special point of view to think you will charge that machine gun nest and not get killed and us old farts just didn't think that way...

(in reply to CEDeaton)
Post #: 208
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 1:46:24 AM   
rroberson

quote:

We are now told that we may have approval tomorrow without a full inspection at the warehouse. We'll see...

crosses fingers for erik.

Post #: 209
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/7/2009 8:32:34 AM   
Lützow

quote:

That said, now that my parents know about NWS, its going to be impossible to convince my parents to order directly from matrix.

I see your point. My parents refused to buy me a scooter when I was at your age and off course I got mad about that.

In hindsight it was a wise decision.

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Physical Shipment Status Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI