Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map - 1/5/2010 3:17:35 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

Hi, the map is phantasitc, esp in the game !

Is there a Version of the game map without hexes aviable ? That would be nice as I and some others prefere the map eyed candy without those hexes...

< Message edited by Oliver Heindorf -- 1/5/2010 3:18:17 PM >

(in reply to EasilyConfused)
Post #: 91
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map - 1/5/2010 8:22:13 PM   
Marc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

Hi, the map is phantasitc, esp in the game !

Is there a Version of the game map without hexes aviable ? That would be nice as I and some others prefere the map eyed candy without those hexes...

Hi,
I'm currently working on an update with the changes from the last patches included.
An in-game map without hexes will be coming too.

Marc

IJN Chokai

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 92
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map - 1/7/2010 3:30:36 PM   
Marc

The new versions with data from the game version v1.0.2.1097 is up now.
The links are as always in the first post.

I added the game map without hexes.

Marc

IJN Chokai

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 93
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map - 1/7/2010 4:13:49 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

Das ist wirklich absolute Weltklasse !

Vielen lieben Dank dafür !!!

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 94
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/7/2010 6:17:14 PM   
scout1

Marc,

Once again, your work is very impressive and helpful ....

I wish the AE Dev Team would incorporate these features as hot keys to permit a player to turn various ones on and off for the game map. Sure would be easier to see all what is going on ......

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 95
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/7/2010 10:40:43 PM   
Reg

Hi Marc, I put the legend below on my copy of your maps as I can never remember what the numbers are for. Perhaps you might consider something similar for other people as senile as myself on the next update.

Edit: A tag with the game build and scenario info might be useful for version control as well....

These maps are a great enhancement. Love your work!!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Reg -- 1/7/2010 10:51:16 PM >

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 96
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/9/2010 1:56:16 AM   
Reg

An excellent tool for managing this and any other game modification is JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler!!

(Click on the link above to download)

Program installation is a breeze as you simply unzip into the AE game folder. A mod (such as Marc's Map) is made available by dragging and dropping into the JSGME window* and it is activated by simply highlighting the mod and clicking on the right hand arrow button in the center!! Removal is achieved by simply clicking on the opposite arrow button. This is very convenient for rapid switching back and forth between Marc's and the standard maps.

(* The in-game folder directory needs to be mirrored (i.e. Marc's map files need to be unzipped into a folder called 'Art' inside another folder named after the mod) and the top level folder dragged and dropped into the JSGME window but that's it!!! No more complex than that and even I managed it!! )

This is just a suggestion (that you might consider adding to the top of the thread) and I hope you find it useful!!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Reg -- 1/9/2010 2:01:52 AM >

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 97
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/11/2010 9:41:33 PM   
Marc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

An excellent tool for managing this and any other game modification is JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler!!

(Click on the link above to download)

Program installation is a breeze as you simply unzip into the AE game folder. A mod (such as Marc's Map) is made available by dragging and dropping into the JSGME window* and it is activated by simply highlighting the mod and clicking on the right hand arrow button in the center!! Removal is achieved by simply clicking on the opposite arrow button. This is very convenient for rapid switching back and forth between Marc's and the standard maps.

(* The in-game folder directory needs to be mirrored (i.e. Marc's map files need to be unzipped into a folder called 'Art' inside another folder named after the mod) and the top level folder dragged and dropped into the JSGME window but that's it!!! No more complex than that and even I managed it!! )

This is just a suggestion (that you might consider adding to the top of the thread) and I hope you find it useful!!

Hi Reg,

I will add a legend in the next version.
I added the Mod Enabler to the first post. Nice little tool

Marc

IJN Chokai

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 98
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/11/2010 9:44:32 PM   
Marc

I would like to know how many of you would like to have maps for scenario 2.
Especially the assault values should be different.

Since I will not use scenario 2 in the near future I would only consider making the maps if there are a few of you who would use them.

Marc

IJN Chokai

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 99
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/12/2010 8:16:58 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Thanks a lot Marc - great work!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 100
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/12/2010 3:56:48 PM   
Grotius

Marc, these maps are fabulous! Thank you!

Since you ask about scenario 2: I'm just starting a scenario 2 PBEM now. So I certainly would find map useful for that scenario. But don't take the time if I'm the only one interested.

Also, does anyone have any advice on how to print out these planning maps? I wouldn't necessarily mind lots of 8x11 inch segments, but I don't know how to do that, short of carving the maps up in Photoshop myself.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 101
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/13/2010 12:18:10 AM   
Marc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

Also, does anyone have any advice on how to print out these planning maps? I wouldn't necessarily mind lots of 8x11 inch segments, but I don't know how to do that, short of carving the maps up in Photoshop myself.

You can use the software ImageCut to cut the map to several images and then print these.
It is not free but a fully functional demo version is available.
ImageCut

If you want to read the data on the map it becomes quite large. I printed it on 4x4 DIN A3 sheets. (1.46 meter x 1.20 meter)

Marc

IJN Chokai

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 102
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/13/2010 3:37:30 AM   
Grotius

Thanks!

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 103
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/13/2010 4:59:38 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

Thanks!

Get Image Magick - it's free and open source.

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 104
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/26/2010 3:57:26 PM   
jackyo123

question about these beautiful maps -

are they 'dynamic'? Do they replace your in-game maps, and do the values update over time as you upgrade bases/move resources/etc?

thanks!

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 105
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/26/2010 11:31:40 PM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc

I would like to know how many of you would like to have maps for scenario 2.
Especially the assault values should be different.

Since I will not use scenario 2 in the near future I would only consider making the maps if there are a few of you who would use them.

Marc

I hate to even ask since you have done so much for us already, but I would really like a map for scenario 2 if you have the time.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 106
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/27/2010 11:19:13 AM   
Marc

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuman
I hate to even ask since you have done so much for us already, but I would really like a map for scenario 2 if you have the time.

You are the third now.
Who else want's to have maps for scenario 2?

IJN Chokai

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 107
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/27/2010 11:23:29 AM   
Marc

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackyo123

question about these beautiful maps -

are they 'dynamic'? Do they replace your in-game maps, and do the values update over time as you upgrade bases/move resources/etc?

thanks!

No. They are not dynamic. Only Matrix would be able to show dynamic data on the maps but at the moment no such function exists.
The in-game maps show only static values that don't change while playing. (Max AF, Max Port, Ressources, Oil and LCU stacking limit)

IJN Chokai

(in reply to jackyo123)
Post #: 108
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 1/27/2010 5:23:15 PM   
jackyo123

ok, thanks!

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 109
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 3/6/2010 11:32:14 AM   
fflaguna

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuman

You are the third now.
Who else want's to have maps for scenario 2?

Right here! I only ever play Scenario 2. There are plenty of other people who are in Scenario 2 games, as well. For the time being I am still using your maps even though the values are a little off... ;)

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 110
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 3/10/2010 11:34:55 AM   
Marc

quote:

ORIGINAL: fflaguna
Right here! I only ever play Scenario 2. There are plenty of other people who are in Scenario 2 games, as well. For the time being I am still using your maps even though the values are a little off... ;)

OK. I'll make them for Scenario 2 but it will take a while.

IJN Chokai

(in reply to fflaguna)
Post #: 111
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 3/20/2010 2:21:28 PM   
carnifex

Are the latest maps compatible with 1.0.3?

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 112
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 3/20/2010 8:35:47 PM   
fflaguna

quote:

quote:

Consider adding the garrison values as well for the in-game maps of China, as it would save me several clicks for a LOT of hexes. But if you were to stop making maps I'd still be pleased with what we have... I'm not trying to be demanding.

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 113
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 3/30/2010 5:23:46 PM   
Marc

quote:

ORIGINAL: carnifex

Are the latest maps compatible with 1.0.3?

I have not checked if there were changes in the dataset.
I will do so in the near future.

IJN Chokai

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 114
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 3/30/2010 5:25:01 PM   
Marc

quote:

quote:

quote:

Consider adding the garrison values as well for the in-game maps of China, as it would save me several clicks for a LOT of hexes. But if you were to stop making maps I'd still be pleased with what we have... I'm not trying to be demanding.

I will do that. Give me another few days please.

IJN Chokai

(in reply to fflaguna)
Post #: 115
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 3/30/2010 11:09:44 PM   
fflaguna

quote:

I will do that. Give me another few days please.

Thanks, Marc.

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 116
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 4/7/2010 10:23:41 PM   
Marc

I added new game maps.

IJN Chokai

(in reply to fflaguna)
Post #: 117
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 5/9/2010 4:20:54 PM   
packerpete

BUMP.

Is it even remotely possible to put air search arcs on a map of this type?

(in reply to Marc)
Post #: 118
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 5/12/2010 11:40:48 AM   
Hanzberger

Do any of these maps have repair shipyards on them??? I thought it was the INd alt one but I am not sure. Trying my hand at Iron storm so maybe its the values that dont add up

(in reply to packerpete)
Post #: 119
RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map (Update 07.J... - 9/25/2010 11:49:05 AM   
bigred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanzberger

Do any of these maps have repair shipyards on them???

bump

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Full Size AE Planning Map and Game Map Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI