Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Update Plans...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Update Plans... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Update Plans... - 4/4/2010 7:59:41 AM   
Gertjan

bump (because Erik cant do it now)

(in reply to badken)
Post #: 61
RE: Update Plans... - 4/4/2010 9:18:40 PM   
HsojVvad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gertjan

bump (because Erik cant do it now)

Don't need to bump anymore, it's stickied now.

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 62
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 12:51:06 AM   
Athalian

quote:

ORIGINAL: taltamir

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigWolf

Indeed Wade
But, in my eyes, promotion material for an already released product should be on their website (it's there for marketing and information after-all), not stickied on a forum
Stickies are for important information that is needed to be easily seen for visitors to the forum
Most potential customers will either look on the website, or actually post questions here

That and 99% of people don't go into the forums. (I actually checked the usage statistics on an article in HardOCP when I made a similar claim and it literally WAS exactly 99% :P... or rather, exactly 1% checked the forum)

Anyways... promotional material should be in the website to make it more visible to potential customers

In adition to make the game more visible by putting it on the website, the forum will look more orderly as there is less stickies :) A sticky with info about new updates thats locked would make it easier to find information :)

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 63
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 1:42:13 AM   
Disconnected

I'll just mention two wish list things here, as they really should have been in the game already.

1. Control config/customisable hotkeys. Pretty self-explanatory I hope, but I guess I better clarify that I expect to also be able to bind various functions to mouse buttons.

2. Infinite zoom fixes. More specifically I'd like if zoom speed affected both types of zoom equally instead of affecting one an order of magnitude more than the other. I'd like to be able to define how many zoom levels I want, exactly. I'd like to zoom out and towards the pointer, instead of away from the pointer. And I'd like smooth transition between zoom levels.

I'd also like to suggest Erik & testers check out some games with DW interface commonalities. Preferably ones less than 5 years old. Reinventing the wheel is lovely & stuff, but everyone else have been using round ones for quite a while now & yours are almost triangular by comparison. No offence intended, but your interface really is quite spectacularly bad.

(in reply to Athalian)
Post #: 64
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 2:10:59 AM   
BigWolfChris

Tbh, my biggest bug-bear atm is not being able to scrap/retrofit mining bases, so hoping the next patch implements a way to deal with this
I'm refusing to use the editor atm since it will always cause a crash down the line

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to Disconnected)
Post #: 65
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 2:12:29 AM   
HsojVvad

quote:

Tbh, my biggest bug-bear atm is not being able to scrap/retrofit mining bases, so hoping the next patch implements a way to deal with this
I'm refusing to use the editor atm since it will always cause a crash down the line

Why would using the editor cause a crash down the line? How far down the line? I have used it and had no problem. Mind you I only played about 2 hours and then started a new game.

(in reply to BigWolfChris)
Post #: 66
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 2:21:28 AM   
BigWolfChris

No idea, I'm not the only one as well
I used to have zero crashes, tend used the editor, down the line (random amount of time), crash

I'm currently playing without even opening the editor to see if I still crash, if I do still crash, it may not be the editor, but if I don't it's a good bet

Actually have a savegame of an edited game that happens to be saved about 30 seconds before the crash (ie. now unplayable, will always around 30 seconds after loading), will look at uploading it tomorrow if I've got time

MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 67
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 2:44:38 PM   
Engerya

You can't upgrade or scrap something that isn't yours mining bases are private just like freighters and passenger ships.

i would like to see a non-aggression treaty in this game or a non-intervention treaty so enemy ships and my ships dont refuel at other peoples planets and bases causing my rep to go down.
i would like to be able to terraform planets over time.

i would like to see more types of private stations like space parks and race courses(this can be built in asteroid fields only) and other types of resort income.

i would also like to see construction ships smarter with the ability to order them to a space port to get any missing materials they need to fully build what ever i order them to or the ai orders.

i would also like to see a simiplfied ship design screen having each component in a huge list is silly, compress it to something like shields x 10 or somehting that doesn't displaying each induval component which is annoying
i think this is a bug but when i salvage a ship or station the salvaged design replaces what i created which is annoying i would rather get a pop up to confirm or deny and changes to my desgins.

also is there a way to have it so freighters aren't just scattered everywhere but stick to trade routes i think it would help with all the systems slow downs cause i had an empire with 298 planets and 3-4k freighters and it was total chaos.

also there should be a means to pick which part of the galaxy an ai empire starts in i hate it when the ai are too close to me empire and i start getting spammed with request and demands.
also we need a means to filter the econimic ships from the galaxy view its nearly immpossible to filter thousands of military ships from many more thousands of eco-ships.

also i would like to be able to set the ai on a path of strong peace meaning they won't mess up my reputation by raiding everyone.
lastly i would love to see a means to split STATE from PRIVATE construction yards i hate having every space port able to build miltary ships i think a new type of base can be called shipyard and only it can build military ships and its built at Major planets or major trade routes (for resources) i hate having my military ships not being constructed cause of 30 eco ships in the way.

Just a few thoughts

Live and learn to be free from all Earthly attachments including but not limited to, dumb ideas, lust ,love and faith.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 68
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 2:48:24 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

Actually have a savegame of an edited game that happens to be saved about 30 seconds before the crash (ie. now unplayable, will always around 30 seconds after loading), will look at uploading it tomorrow if I've got time

Please do, if you get a chance.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 69
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 2:55:14 PM   
BigWolfChris

Uploading now

MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 70
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 2:59:54 PM   
Erik Rutins

Just for anyone checking this thread for update info, please note that the latest info is now in this thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2427666

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 71
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 3:03:15 PM   
BigWolfChris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Please do, if you get a chance.

Done
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2424230&mpage=1&key=�

MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 72
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 3:24:46 PM   
Erik Rutins

Thanks!

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 73
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 8:32:09 PM   
taltamir

quote:

No idea, I'm not the only one as well
I used to have zero crashes, tend used the editor, down the line (random amount of time), crash

I'm currently playing without even opening the editor to see if I still crash, if I do still crash, it may not be the editor, but if I don't it's a good bet

that game I lost 4 hours on? I accidentally opened the editor in it and immediately closed it :(... i think I saved since...

NOOOOOO!

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

Post #: 74
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 9:43:59 PM   
BigWolfChris

Not entirely sure if just by opening if will cause a crash, or if you actually have to edit something
BUT, I've yet to have an edited game not crash, and not yet had an unedited one actually crash

So something about the editor is doing something naughty... just what I don't know

MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 75
RE: Update Plans... - 4/5/2010 10:28:52 PM   
Interesting

Thank you.
I will make sure to give my feedback.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 76
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Update Plans... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI