Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Impatient

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Impatient Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Impatient - 7/16/2003 5:44:22 PM   
tmac

This is tough guys! I was lucky enought to find an errant copy of Lost Victories from "Chips and Bits" back a few months ago, and I am just getting into it, starting the third battle. It is INCREDIBLE! I have been (much like the post above) searching everywhere for the other two without any success. "Military Hobbies" in Canada lists Watchtower as "in stock", but they are (according to what they'll tell you on the phone)on backorder. They have told me twice that they are going to receive several (between 6 and 12) more copies FROM Matrix in the next few days. Based on what David Heath and others have posted I think that is disengenuous, at least as far as timeframe goes. They may get more, but I am sceptical that it will be that quick (I would love it though ...anybody from Matrix care to comment?). Desert Fox seems unavailable for any price, and I would like to show support for Matrix by purchasing it from them, if these will be back out soon. Wild Bill, you and your team are much appreciated working on the new MC. I am looking forward to that too, and CL release. Matrix will have a bunch of my money as soon as they want to! I for one would enjoy some Pacific theatre, although Europe is my favorite. I am really looking forward to trying Watchtower, and I've played a scenario of WB from Tarawa. I would love to see a reworking of that epic battle. Back in SP3 days I downloaded a campaign from WB covering Iwo Jima, but I could never get SP3 to work right and didn't get to play it (disappointed!) That would be a great battle to receive renewed attention either through scenario or campaign design. Lots of tanks there, just they're all USMC, and usually spitting flame. Well, enough of my wish list, I should go back to work, some kids want to join the military today.
Thanks again all,
Tim

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 61
- 7/16/2003 8:34:53 PM   
Wild Bill

Well thanks, Tim! Great to hear from you. I'm sorry you've had such a problem procuring the MCs. I think you will be very pleased with what we are doing this time around. I'm quite excited about it.

And I don't think MCs are a lost cause by any means. Just hang on and you may be plesantly surprised.

I remember doing the Iwo work in SP3. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is not a long campaign but very intensive one.

I actually did 15 or 16 campaigns in SP3: Vietnam (Airborne, armor and Riverine), Arab-Israeli 67, Cuba Invasion (hypothetical), Algeria, and a number of others. Wish I could redo them all in this great game.

We are hard at work to make this MC the best yet. I believe that it will be.

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 62
- 7/16/2003 9:04:20 PM   
tmac

Colonel-
You are welcome. I have been a fan of yours for years, visiting the Raiders site and downloading and playing your groups scenarios years ago. My father was a Marine in WWII, and inspired me to both become a soldier and to always have a thirst to learn more about history. You and your troops have provided me with knowledge and enjoyment and continue to do so, and I salute you. I played the Tarawa scenario several times, would love to seea full treatment of that battle, it's one of the most inspirational I know of (based on the sacrifice of the troops from both sides). My uncle was killed on Iwo Jima, and so that battle has a personal interest for me too. I look forward to pitting myself against your wizardry at Edsons Ridge and other locations of Watchtower, and eagerly look forward to the newest MC.
Thanks again,
Tim

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 63
- 7/18/2003 7:16:08 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Wild Bill posted:

[QUOTE]The downside is that more folks want EF stuff rather than Pacific. That is too bad. [/QUOTE]

I must confess that I've always been a bit of a Eurocentric wargamer. I bought Watchtower because it was a way of supporting Matrix, rather than being overly excited about the MC itself. However, once I started playing it, it was like Lays potato chips: I couldn't just play just one battle! Watchtower has converted me to being a two-ocean wargamer. :D

The battles are varied and challenging, the background info is well-prepared and well written, as are the post battle wrap-ups. If I had three hands, I'd give it an enthusiastic three thumbs up!:cool: :)

Eric Maietta

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Impatient Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI