Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  70 71 [72] 73 74   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 10:29:56 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

Why is it lately all the British "men" you've sent to visit all seem to be either gay or simply good at dressing the part?

Because they fit in so well over there.

I always thought we were better dressed than the Brits.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 2131
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 10:31:30 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: radar

Gotta root for "Da Bears"

I enjoyed "Super Fans" on Saturday Night Live quite a bit.

(in reply to radar)
Post #: 2132
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 10:33:46 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

Another one of those threads :

There is a bug;

It is a " game killer ";

The game is too expensive;

Matrix should do a better job, etc.

Where?

rader had started an interesting thread regarding search arcs. Some guy named ade hijacked it . michaelm has already had a look at the issue.

I just think I will never quite understand why some folks cannot simply do what rader did. Indentify a potential issue, do a bit of reseach, ask some questions, have a lively discussion, and so forth.

I quess there are drama queens everywhere.

I think that ade dude got the record for short time to get my green button. I'd forgotten how satisfying that little thing can be-I don't use it often enough...

...umm, the green button feature on the forum, blokes. Get your minds right.

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 2133
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 10:44:20 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

cepting for when you guys had a pretty well endowed military, won the opening rounds and then got pummeled at the end

Only because the French helped you.

Of course in the next round we fought you and Napoleon at the same time.

Yeah, with a little bit of help from the Germans,Austrians and Russians! 4 Against 1 and 1/2.

Maybe, but we did that well that we gave Boney more than one chance to win, that's British fair play in operation We could've beaten him in 6 months, but we were too busy having tea and being fair. 12 years and he just didn't really apply himself

We even had to bail out the Spanish and Portugese on the way.

Oh and BTW , we fought the French before you did! (The quasi-war) and it took us barly a year before they gave in! So there!

Uh, I think the friction between England and France goes back a ways, Steve...

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 2134
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 10:44:34 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

Newbie question to The Thread - Come in thread (me thinks only you can answer this). I am fairly new to this forum and have only posted 8 times on various subjects. During this time, however, I have seen my 'ranking' rise from Matrix Recruit to Matrix Hero. My question is this: since four of my posts have mentioned the pleasures and deep inner meaning of beer, if I were to mention beer in all my posts, would I become a member of the Legion of Merit?

Eventually. Wecome to the Thread!

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 2135
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 10:45:03 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I'm wondering what we have to do to get more Octoberfest pictures?

WAY to few beer in the mug! Treason! The BBM is outraged!

Surely thats not all you noticed.

She isn't that beautiful...

Beauty in this case is purely relative to the amount of beer consumed. That mug she's holding is not nearly enough. Two or three of those mugs of beer, plus the inevitable swaying to the ompah band might change the relevancy.

C'mon guys-she's not that bad. Beauty is only a light switch away anyways.

(in reply to radar)
Post #: 2136
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 10:45:32 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

Newbie question to The Thread - Come in thread (me thinks only you can answer this). I am fairly new to this forum and have only posted 8 times on various subjects. During this time, however, I have seen my 'ranking' rise from Matrix Recruit to Matrix Hero. My question is this: since four of my posts have mentioned the pleasures and deep inner meaning of beer, if I were to mention beer in all my posts, would I become a member of the Legion of Merit?

Nobody should drink my beer!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 2137
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 10:46:09 PM   
Historiker

quote:

C'mon guys-she's not that bad. Beauty is only a light switch away anyways.

A wise comment!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2138
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 10:46:45 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

cepting for when you guys had a pretty well endowed military, won the opening rounds and then got pummeled at the end

Yeah, with a little bit of help from the Germans,Austrians and Russians! 4 Against 1 and 1/2.

To be fair, none of those three were what could be termed steadfast allies.

What's a sreadfast ally in Europe? They changed allies every war like a pick up basketball game! No! We had Italy in the last war! Your turn! Some of them wouldn't wait till the war was over to change sides!

We'd all rather ally with the strange spotty kid Belgium.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 2139
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 10:56:04 PM   
pws1225

quote:

quote:

quote:

Historiker - Please understand that all beer is mine. But I do share well with others. And in regards to your post regarding the light switch, no truer words were ever spoken (or so says my girl friend).

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 2140
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 10:59:09 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Historiker - Please understand that all beer is mine. But I do share well with others. And in regards to your post regarding the light switch, no truer words were ever spoken (or so says my girl friend).

Never challenge the BBM!
In Germany, there's a saying: "Flag over the face and for the motherland!"

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 2141
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 11:02:53 PM   
radar

quote:

Everyone seems to have been promoted. pws1225 from Tate's Hell has 10 posts and and 4 stars while I went from from 2 stars to 5 in one day. What a country!

USS Terry (DD-513) — Battle of the Atlantic, Solomon and Marianas Islands campaigns and the Battle of Iwo Jima

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 2142
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 11:10:51 PM   
pws1225

quote:

quote:

Everyone seems to have been promoted. pws1225 from Tate's Hell has 10 posts and and 4 stars while I went from from 2 stars to 5 in one day. What a country!

Me thinks you drink more beer than I! I bow to your over-indulgence.

(in reply to radar)
Post #: 2143
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 11:22:28 PM   
ChickenOfTheSea

quote:

quote:

quote:

I thought only snakes lived in Tate's Hell.

Anyway, it looks like everyone got promoted so let's celebrate.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 2144
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/19/2010 11:27:43 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

First, welcome to THE THREAD!!!

Second, either there is a bug in the forum software, or you have discovered an easter egg in the code by mentioning beer frequently enough.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 2145
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 12:05:05 AM   
AW1Steve

I want to be promoted! How do I get another star?

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2146
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 12:05:13 AM   
Grollub

Did I hear the word "beer"?

Good night friends

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2147
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 12:13:55 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Ooo...I see the Pond Wars  have cranked up again.

I believe I'll go work on my AE plans whilst you bipeds argue about whose incompetencies are more competent.

It's like a juke box, Mynok. You stick a quarter into 'em and get 'em jabbering. Kind of amusing to listen to their bleats and beeps.

I believe the opening salvo in this particular Pond War may be traced back with pride to post #2044. Ahh, very satisfying...

Well, my work on this subject has been done for the day...

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 2148
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 12:19:30 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe, but we did that well that we gave Boney more than one chance to win, that's British fair play in operation We could've beaten him in 6 months, but we were too busy having tea and being fair. 12 years and he just didn't really apply himself

We even had to bail out the Spanish and Portugese on the way.

Oh and BTW , we fought the French before you did! (The quasi-war) and it took us barly a year before they gave in! So there!

Uh, I think the friction between England and France goes back a ways, Steve...

Dude! We were talking about the Napoleonic wars! Duh.......

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2149
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 12:20:20 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

I won't if you leave my ale alone!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 2150
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 12:21:17 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickenOfTheSea

quote:

quote:

quote:

I thought only snakes lived in Tate's Hell.

Anyway, it looks like everyone got promoted so let's celebrate.

Exactly what part of Florida is that in?

(in reply to ChickenOfTheSea)
Post #: 2151
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 12:25:59 AM   
pws1225

it's in the panhandle, sotra close to te oil 'spill' - the only part that's still florida. the south part is all new york. the middle part is all disney. the panhandle is still all snakes, aligators, and locals.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 2152
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 12:31:02 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

it's in the panhandle, sotra close to te oil 'spill' - the only part that's still florida. the south part is all new york. the middle part is all disney. the panhandle is still all snakes, aligators, and locals.

Sounds like God's country! Any where's near Pensacola?

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 2153
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 12:36:24 AM   
thegreatwent

Hey Dixie. Saw this and thought of you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLdhhrkPa6w&feature=related

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 2154
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 12:37:20 AM   
pws1225

close, if 150 miles is close. it's just a bit north of carrabelle (gotta love the name!) it's a swamp, not a town. it's what florida naturally is when you're not trying to sell it to a bunch of yankees wanting to retire where it doesn't snow. unfortunately, with a name like tate's hell, sales haven't been so good.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 2155
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 1:17:37 AM   
stuman

" C'mon guys-she's not that bad. Beauty is only a light switch away anyways "

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 2156
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 1:32:03 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

close, if 150 miles is close. it's just a bit north of carrabelle (gotta love the name!) it's a swamp, not a town. it's what florida naturally is when you're not trying to sell it to a bunch of yankees wanting to retire where it doesn't snow. unfortunately, with a name like tate's hell, sales haven't been so good.

Hey, if you want to keep it out of the hands of the dadgum yankees, perhaps scaring them away with an awful town name isn't a bad idea. Having slow sales can be a good thing, dude.

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 2157
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 1:39:30 AM   
scott64

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Happiness! While zapping I found out that there's a new channel showing the NFL. Watching Dallas-Chicago right now.

Dallas seems to be doing a good job of shooting themselves in the foot these days.

Ugh...

There went my first win of the season in my fantasy football league.

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2158
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 1:44:01 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: scott1964

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Happiness! While zapping I found out that there's a new channel showing the NFL. Watching Dallas-Chicago right now.

Dallas seems to be doing a good job of shooting themselves in the foot these days.

Ugh...

There went my first win of the season in my fantasy football league.

I'm 0-2 also.

I was wondering about something. For our foreign friends (for the sake of argument here, I'll include the Limeys too): do you guys get involved in any 'fantasy' sports-are they as huge there as they are here? Is there a fantasy cricket or rugby league?

Might be kind of interesting to take a look-see.

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 2159
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/20/2010 1:47:26 AM   
pws1225

quote:

quote:

Hey, if you want to keep it out of the hands of the dadgum yankees, perhaps scaring them away with an awful town name isn't a bad idea. Having slow sales can be a good thing, dude.

yep, sorta like calling it 'iceland' instead of 'greenland'. around here i can sail for miles without seeing another boat. down south, it's like being on I-95. gators are good!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2160
Page:   <<   < prev  70 71 [72] 73 74   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  70 71 [72] 73 74   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI