Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Now, I think we're onto something...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Now, I think we're onto something... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Now, I think we're onto something... - 9/9/2002 11:31:09 AM   
pasternakski

I agree with what Luskan, Nomad, and the Admiral said.

If you offer the manual as an optional purchase, no matter how you slice it, you've still got the cost of production to defray if you print it. I doubt that manual sales alone would cover those costs. Further, embellishments of the kind mentioned here may reduce the utility of the manual as a play aid.

If I want the history associated with the game, I go to historians to get it (or to these forums, which are often a valuable source of information and cross-reference to scholarly and other works). I want my games to be based on solid research, of course, but I have no interest in manuals that attempt to be treatises.

I agree with Wilhammer that designer and player notes would be helpful. Do they need to be in print instead of on the CD? I think not.

Do I want to pay more for the game in order to help the publisher break even on a printed manual and "glossy" ancillary materials? No. Seventy bucks American plus shipping for WITP is already plenty. Put the stuff on the CD. If I want it in fancy hard copy, I'll pay to get it done (or exercise my desktop publishing skills, gear, and software).

Oh, well. You all know that I'm gonna buy the verschimmte thing no matter what it costs or what's in it. And so are you. But if I gotta spend extra, I'd rather have something REALLY useful, like a pair of Halle Berry's used panties...

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to sdhundt)
Post #: 31
- 9/9/2002 12:22:01 PM   
Supervisor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nomad
[B]1. Make it a separate file on the CD.[/B][/QUOTE]They have already stated that this was a mistake to not have it separate on the CD and that they will not do that on future games.

When they get around to creating another master for UV, then I would assume at that point they will put the manual out separately.

(in reply to sdhundt)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Now, I think we're onto something... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI