Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/8/2011 11:06:31 PM   
gingerbread

My view is that air groups should be rotated to reserve, but you already turned that down. I'd also look at support/need for the AB's to see if any are overloaded.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 271
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/9/2011 3:14:15 PM   
terje439

Turn 87

Overall
Nothing changes, I keep up my usual attacks as these are getting me a 1:1 kill ratio which I think is good. In the north I keep pushing the Germans back one or two hexes per turn. It is not alot, but it is something. The Germans keep pushing on towards Moscow, and I intend to rework my line there, but I also need to make sure I do not lose units by doing so. The really good news of this turn is that all 6 of my attacks succeeded and scored 6 retreats. The Germans launched 5 attacks, scoring 2 routs and 3 retreats this turn.
At the end of the turn losses are reported at 39.000 Axis troops to our 105.000. About 1.000 of the German losses are from aerial attacks, and mainly on their panzer divisions.

Pools
129.000 workers are returned to the manpower pool, and 92.000 fres workers arrive to help in the defense of Mother Russia this turn. At the end of the turn, the active manpower pool is 7611.
The active vehicle pool increased by another 2.000 this turn and is up to 104.000.
Due to alot of spending, we are down to 12 command points.

Advice
I am thankful for all advice, and if I sound like I am not heeding it, that is not the truth, so I hope noone is offended. About sending low morale aerial units to reserves, I will do that, but alas the only aerial units with (what I consider) low morale is the level bombers situated around Moscow which are badly needed at the moment. I need to inflict casualties on those panzer divisions.

Units
This turn I am down a total of 52 units. I have taken the advice given to heart, and created 1 new Tank Corps, 1 new Guards Rifle Corps and 23 new Rifle Corps this turn (75 units used to create 25 corps = loss of 50 units). I also disbanded 3 fortified zones this turn. The only new unit to arrive was the expected airfield.
Our units recorded a net growth of 123.000 soldiers this turn.

Partisan
With 5 Axis attacks on our partisans, we are left with 17 units on the map at the end of our turn. Our planes made a total of 13 supply drops this turn which I consider a good result. I am also satisfied with the 7 sabotague actions this turn.

Worries
Can I halt the Germans before they capture Moscow?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 1/1/2012 4:40:16 PM >

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 272
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/9/2011 3:21:49 PM   
TulliusDetritus

As for the morale of air units I noticed they recover it quite quickly when you send them to the National Reserve. I mean, during the Blitzkrieg I decided to keep air units in the front line (I needed everything to stop the Axis). Morale dropped of course to even 19

When you send them to the National Reserve on the very next turn the morale will be minimum 39.

Anyway, you should have lots of air units. Are you not keeping some of them as reserves (the National Reserve that is, and then rotate units)? True, I never got to 1943 but there are many many air units.

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 273
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/9/2011 3:24:53 PM   
TulliusDetritus

As for Moscow, I don't understand why you don't have your best units there: Guards or regular Rifle Corps, Tank, Cavalry and Mechanised Corps. It's 1943: you should have them. And of course lots and lots of divisions as well

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 274
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/9/2011 3:40:32 PM   
gingerbread

Air groups cannot gain experience above their morale so that's a handy rule of thumb regarding which AG's to rotate.

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 275
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/9/2011 4:27:18 PM   
terje439

Actually only few of my aerial units have morale below 39, unfortunately 90% of those that are below 39 are bombers...
Yes, I should have lots of high quality units
The loss of most of my corps formation during the last summer is still plaguing my frontline.

Well there is alot I would like to be better, but I am experiencing a severe lack of command points. Things are gradually improving, but I simply cannot do everything at once

Terje

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 276
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/10/2011 1:35:19 AM   
terje439

Turn 88

Overall
Same old, same old. The Germans try to push on Moscow, but fail to advance, all they manage to do is expand the bridgehead across the river somewhat. This however suits me just fine as it allows me to continue to shorten the line in such a manner that I can meet them with bigger units. In the north and south we keep on attacking, our attacks in the south actually gets us a killing ratio of 1.1 : 1 in our favour!!

Mistake
I forgot to add up all the attacks by both sides this turn, but it is not a big number, probably somewhere around 6 on each side.

Units
I ordered the construction of 3 mechanized brigades and one artillery division this turn, and we got our usual airfield. Apart from that, 4 rifle corps were formed as was 1 cavalry corps. We also removed 1 fortified area this turn as it had served its purpose. All in all this reduces the ammount of units on the map by 5. We also gave some cowardly pilots some days off, although we do not like it. Those yellowbellies should fight or die, not rest at some resort.
Anyway our units claim a net troop increase of 126.000 this turn which is a good number.

Partisans
A very good turn for our partisans. 12 sabotague actions and 10 supply drops is rather good in my book. Another good thing is that despite 10 Axis attacks on partisan units, we still end the turn with 16 active units on the map.

Pools
With 134.000 workers returning and 92.000 new workers reporting for duty, our manpower pool ends at 4163. This pool is not a major concern as I realize it will be drained for a long time, not much I can do about that save gain more population in my controlled areas. Nor is my armaments pool any concern as it ends this turn at 793.000. However some of the other pools are a concern;
Labour Squads : 4
Submachine gun squads : 0
Rifle Squads : 0
Rifle Squads(+) : 0
122mm howitzer : 0
122mm field gun : 0
Also our vehicle pool dropped by 2.000 this turn down to 102.000, which is also a minor concern.

Worries
Nothing too bad this turn, it seems Moscow might hold after all.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 1/1/2012 4:40:28 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 277
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/10/2011 3:14:39 PM   
terje439

Turn 89

Overall
We keep pushing in the north and south, this is now starting to pay off as armoured divisions are diverted to these areas, and the Germans keep pushing for Moscow. They have now reached the level 4 fort "ring", and I keep shortening my front and placing better units in the defence of the city. There is nothing much to lose in the city save one important thing, population.
At the end of the turn, reports claim 9 Axis attacks, scoring 2 held, 5 retreats and 2 routs this turn. We on the other hand scored 4 held and 7 retreats, of which one of the held results was an all out arty attack.
120.000 returning workers and 92.000 new ones report to the manpower pool this turn, leaving the number at 8725 at the end of the turn. The vehicle pool increases by 1.000 and end at 103.000.

Units
6 Rifle Corps were created and one fortified area removed. We also got the usual airfield, expect quite a few more of these to come. Due to high losses, our forces only report a net growth of 96.000 soldiers this turn.

Partisans
Our partisans were very active this turn performing no less than 23 sabotague actions. Sadly only 3 supply drops were made this turn, that is too low a number. The Axis attacked 8 of our units forcing them to retreat, leaving us with 19 active units at the end of our turn.

Worries
Moscow again. Hopefully those level 4 forts will help.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 1/1/2012 4:40:38 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 278
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/10/2011 10:55:54 PM   
terje439

Turn 90

Overall
It seems that the likelyhood of Moscow being occupied is now at 95%. I lunch attacks wherever I can find suitable odds, but in the end I score half and half, 6 held and 6 retreats. The Axis manage 1 held, 6 retreats and 3 routs this turn. Losses are reported at 43.000 to our 124.000.
A total of 221.000 arrive at the manpower pool this turn, ending it at 6871, while the vehicle pool drops to 101.000.

Units
I create 1 tank corps, 1 mechanized corps, 1 rifle corps and 1 Guards Airborne Division this turn. Stalin supplies us with an airfield and a NKPS unit. I disband one fortified area. Our units have a net growth of 96.000 this turn.

Partisans
Another turn I rate "good". 12 sabotague actions were performed, and 6 supply drops were made. The Axis performed 12 attacks on partisan units causing them all to retreat. This means we have 18 active units at the end of our turn.

Worries
How much will the loss of Moscow hurt my manpower...

Annoyments
When trying to use artillery and two flanking stacks to attack at the same time, I always end up having to move the mouse pointer over some units not able to attack which are then added to the attacking stack. This is driving me crazy at times

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 1/1/2012 4:40:56 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 279
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/10/2011 11:39:18 PM   
sillyflower

The area within the blue balloon should have inf corps in it, not brigades.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 280
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/11/2011 12:05:21 AM   
terje439

True, but none are available

Terje

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 281
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/11/2011 1:33:09 AM   
Flaviusx

You can stop this. Just pile on the big boys near Moscow. Practice economy of force measures in quiet parts of the front, and concentrate your corps level formations in the Moscow area. He's got all his panzers here, you can thin out things elsewhere.

Rifle corps in particular will raise the butcher's bill for him. Let the panzers immolate themselves trying to shift these guys. Load them up with AT, sappers, and perhaps tank regiments. Go nuts on rifle corps, they are panzer killers. And they can counterattack as well.

This is why you need to go all in on corps on Jan 1 1943. Stockpile a ton of APs and do mass conversions the moment the cost drops to 10 APs. You have to get ahead of the curve. Even in 1942 it is worth building them in limited numbers if they are guards.

You may want to put some stuff on static just to raise more APs. Static sucks for the Soviets, and should be avoided if at all possible, but this is an emergency.

< Message edited by Flaviusx -- 12/11/2011 1:36:19 AM >

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 282
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/11/2011 2:14:01 AM   
M60A3TTS

This has been something of a game of chicken, where these diversionary attacks have been intended to draw his units off elsewhere, and force him to abandon the Moscow offensive. This really hasn't worked because it was too clear to your opponent that the units defending before Moscow could be driven back. I agree that you really need to recall those corps to defend the capital.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 283
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/11/2011 9:18:29 AM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

True, but none are available

Terje

They are -they are simply elsewhere + not making a difference.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 284
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/11/2011 9:52:52 PM   
terje439

Turn 91

Overall
The Axis are repelled in their one attempt to attack into Moscow, and instead seem to try to circle the city. In total the Axis launch 13 attacks, scoring 1 held, 9 retreats and 3 routs. Our own attacks this turn are somewhat disappointing with 5 held and 3 retreats. Operation Common Sense is undertaken with heavy heart this turn.
A total of 214.000 workers report to the manpower pool this turn, ending it at 6675. Our vehicle pool increases by 2.000 and ends at 103.000. The only thing we have plenty of, is armaments, as the pool ends this turn at 927.000.

Units
I disband a fortified area outside Moscow to allow another corps to enter the stack, and order the formation of 2 new Guards Rifle Corps and 4 "normal" Rifle Corps this turn. Formation of tank corps are temporarily halted as the cost is twice that of a rifle corps and their strength is at best on par with my rifle corps at the moment.
Due to heavy losses, our units report a net growth of 92.000 soldiers this turn.

Partisans
My sole part of comfort still does it job. 13 sabotague actions this turn and 11 supply drops. With 7 partisan units forced to retreat by Axis attacks, we are left with 22 units at the end of our turn.

Operation Common Sense
Any Guard Corps in the north is pulled back from the frontline and ordered towards Moscow, the same in the south. From the south we also move some "ordinary" rifle corps north towards Moscow. I am slightly concerned about this move as a single rout in the south now could mean disaster. I simply lost too many corps sized units during the summer.

Worries
I am too eager to do something offensive. Same symptom that causes me to lose my carriers in witp:ae. Got to learn to be less hasty...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 1/1/2012 4:41:11 PM >

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 285
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/11/2011 10:14:30 PM   
Peltonx

As Flaviusx has pointed out in more then one AAR many russian players are not experienced in managing their resoures from 42 on.

Some players take the advice of veterans who have been through many 42-43 campaigns and other do not.

As a German only player I can tell very quickly if a russian player has ever gotten into 42 or not.

I am still amazed at how poeple just do not leason to good sound advice from veteran players.

I might not agree with some of what Flaviusx thinks, but when it comes to tactics as a Russian player I have his full respect. I am just perplexed on thread after thread his advise is ignored?

I am just as perplexed that he keeps giving it.

Pelton

< Message edited by Pelton -- 12/11/2011 10:16:35 PM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 286
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/11/2011 10:59:24 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

1. As Flaviusx has pointed out in more then one AAR many russian players are not experienced in managing their resoures from 42 on.

2. I am still amazed at how poeple just do not leason to good sound advice from veteran players.

3. I might not agree with some of what Flaviusx thinks, but when it comes to tactics as a Russian player I have his full respect. I am just perplexed on thread after thread his advise is ignored?

4. I am just as perplexed that he keeps giving it.

Pelton

1. How can I be since before this I only played one game as the Axis against easy AI
2. That is what I try to, but at the same time, alot of experienced players say alot of different things
3. I think I am currently doing what he and others adviced?
4, And I am grateful

Terje

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 287
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/11/2011 11:36:43 PM   
Peltonx

[/quote]

1. How can I be since before this I only played one game as the Axis against easy AI
2. That is what I try to, but at the same time, alot of experienced players say alot of different things
3. I think I am currently doing what he and others adviced?
4, And I am grateful

Terje
[/quote]

Your doing very good for first game.

My bad I did not know this was your first go as Russian. I saw all them there Gold stars by your name and figured you been playing wite for a while.

Pelton

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 288
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/12/2011 12:38:49 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton
My bad I did not know this was your first go as Russian. I saw all them there Gold stars by your name and figured you been playing wite for a while.

Pelton

Nah, bought it a little while ago, played it once, went pbem.
Been on the matrixgames forum for quite a few years by now and in a few beta tests, so that is why all the stars

Terje

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 289
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/12/2011 3:00:53 PM   
terje439

Turn 92

Overall
The Axis have slowed down, and it seems clear they will attempt to circle Moscow. That should be difficult for them, and it should drain their reserves as they need to keep the corridor safe. The Axis launch 9 attacks for a result of 8 retreats and 1 rout this turn. We also launch 9 attacks, but the score is 3 held and 6 retreats. One of the held results is really annoying as it has got to be due to bad rolls on our side and a good one on the Axis side. Oh well, nothing I can do about that.
Losses are reported as 37.000 to 120.000 this turn, slightly more then 3:1 in the Axis favour. Although I have agreed to move as much as possible to the Moscow sector, I still need to retain some corps in the south, and these guys are doing a good job, killing about 5.000 Germans each turn while losing about the same, so they will remain (in fact they need to remain if I am to have any sort of defence down there).
A total of 209.000 workers report to the manpower pool this turn, ending it at 3623. Looking at my units and their current TOE, most of my units are actually in good shape, most are at 80+ %, with the ones that have just retreated and routed somewhere in the 30-40% range. The highest TOE is held by one of my partisans with a staggering 224%

Units
I create 1 Guards Rifle Corps and 3 Rifle Corps. Also trying to heed the advice that if I build them, they will come, I also build 2 breakthrough artillery divisions this turn. Also noteworthy is that for the first time in a long time, no new airfield is handed to us, and I have started to use some of the spare ones.
Again since we experience heavy losses, our forces grow by less than 100.000. The tally for this turn is a growth of 93.000 soldiers

Partisans
These guys deliver once more. No less than 22 sabotague actions this turn is an outstanding result. 13 supply drops is also what I consider Good+. Even when the Axis force 10 of our guys to retreat this turn, we are still left with 24 active units as the turn ends.

Operation Common Sense
More and more corps are closing in on Moscow. The question I now ponder is when/if I will have to admit defeat, I really do not want to lose those corps that are defending Moscow. I must watch carefully so the Axis do not bag them all.

Operation CanWe
I would like to get to a position where I can muster some 10 corps to spare which could be used to threathen the rear of the attempted encirclement of Moscow, but I fear that is still not doable for another 5-10 turns at best.

Worries
To quote Bilbo from Lord of the Rings; "I feel like too little butter spread out over too much bread", the result of the horrendous losses during the summer.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 1/1/2012 4:41:42 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 290
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/12/2011 4:52:23 PM   
M60A3TTS

What support units if any are you putting in the rifle corps?

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 291
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/12/2011 5:50:39 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

What support units if any are you putting in the rifle corps?

It depends, usually some tank regiments of various sorts. I would have liked more sappers etc, but I do not have any such squads in my pool, they build awfully slow it seems.

Terje

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 292
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/12/2011 6:01:43 PM   
Flaviusx

Yeah, you have to get a head start on the sapper regiments. I build something like a 50+ of them during the first blizzard/rasputitsa, and make sure that each and every corps, regardless of type, gets one. Indeed, the first blizzard is a good time to stockpile on SUs generally. You won't have many demands on your admin points during that period. That way, when you're finally able to crank out corps, their supporting SUs will be waiting for them and ready to go.

If you armament point situation is good, consider dialing up a bunch of AT regiments. These won't hit your truck pool the way the tank regiments do.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 293
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/12/2011 7:15:05 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

If you armament point situation is good, consider dialing up a bunch of AT regiments. These won't hit your truck pool the way the tank regiments do.

Nice to know, thank you for that

Terje

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 294
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/12/2011 7:22:00 PM   
terje439

Turn 93

Apology
In a hurry, so this one is kinda quickly made.

Overall
Gentlemen, the SS has arrived. In force. And they are allready making our lives miserable. The Axis almost closes the circle around Moscow, and will close it next turn, but I hope I will be strong enough to reopen it. Time is quickly running out.
The Axis launch 16 attacks this turn, scoring 2 held, 9 retreats and 4 routs. We on the other hand only launch 6 attacks, scoring 3 retreats and 3 held. This turn it is one of the retreats that annoy me, with a modified post battle CV ratio of 39.4 : 1 I had hoped for a rout...
Losses ammount to 33.000 and 116.000 this turn, and we have yet another turn with a net troop growth below 100.000.
Our vehicle pool grew by 7.000 this turn, to 110.000. With a mere 212.000 workers reporting to the manpower pool, it ends at 6043.

Units
I destroyed one fortified area, and built 5 rifle corps and 2 Guards Airborne Divisions. The net growth is 97.000.

Partisans
An ok turn for our partisans. 8 sabotague actions and 13 drops this turn. The Axis force 10 of our units to retreat, this leaves us with 17 active units at the end of the turn.

Operation Common Sense
Well our forces are arriving, I hope they are enough...

Worries
One guess...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 1/1/2012 4:41:53 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 295
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/12/2011 7:56:04 PM   
Flaviusx

Just keep piling on corps and slug it out with the panzers. They won't be dug in -- and don't let them get dug in. Grind him to pieces.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 296
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/14/2011 2:15:20 PM   
terje439

Turn 94

Overall
I never thought I would curse the arrival of mud untill I was on the offense, but now I do. The mud might very well have cost me Moscow...
I order all available forces to attack SS Wiking, but to no avail, those guys fought valiantly, I'll give them that despite the fact that they might be my undoing. 17 attacks in all were launched against this lone unit, it did not do alot of good I am afraid, and we only scored 17 helds. The Axis performed two attacks, scoring a rout and a retreat. Losses are low howver, with 31.000 Axis troops killed to our 94.000.
Only a total of 203.000 workers reported to the manpower pool this turn, and the pool ends up at 4128.

Units
I form 5 rifle corps and order the construction of 3 mechanized brigades this turn. From now on, I fear I might need to focus on building infantry divisions again, since if Moscow falls, that will free up alot of German troops. Things are scary at the moment.
Our forces grew by 103.000 soldiers despite all our head on assaults on SS Wiking.

Partisans
9 sabotage actions and 19 supply drops is "ok+" and "superb" respectively. With only 3 Axis attacks on our partisans, we are left with 22 active units on the map. With so many drops this turn, it will be interesting to see what happens next turn.

Operation Common Sense
Well my units are more or less in place, but the mud seems to doom Moscow.

Worries
Will the mud hold long enough so that something might be saved in Moscow?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 1/1/2012 4:42:03 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 297
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/14/2011 3:09:11 PM   
Flaviusx

Only thing that I can think of air resupply to keep it from being isolated. But I'm guessing you don't have any airbases in the pocket.

I hope you evacuated the factories.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 298
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/14/2011 4:06:01 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

Only thing that I can think of air resupply to keep it from being isolated. But I'm guessing you don't have any airbases in the pocket.

I hope you evacuated the factories.

I have one airfield in the pocket actually. More by chance than by deliberate planning though. Yes, the factories have been moved.

Terje

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 299
RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) - 12/14/2011 4:22:10 PM   
terje439

having just recieved the next turn, I must update my last reply.
I HAD an airfield in the pocket

Terje

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Disaster in the making. Oloren (axis) vs Terje (USSR) Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI