Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  292 293 [294] 295 296   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/24/2012 8:15:19 PM   
Onime No Kyo

ooooh, dem's fightin' words!

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 8791
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/24/2012 8:17:50 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Not instigatin' nuthin UNP.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 8792
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/24/2012 8:55:24 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Puppy.

wow.....growing fast

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8793
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/24/2012 9:01:54 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Heys guys, I don't know about you but I'm really not happy with the fact that it's starting to seem like EVERY OTHER "opponents wanted" posting is always some one with less ten posts. Not only does this leave everything open to trolls "like you know who" , but it's starting to seem to me that most serious players feel the need to contribute to the forum. I realized that there are exceptions to this, like my current opponent "Satisfaction" who has a low post count , and a former opponent "Blind snipper" who had a low count when I played against them. While these "serial lurkers" don't post much, they were very willing to provide references (Or in "Satisfactions" case, his facebook page).And are OUTSTANDING , responsible players. Is it unreasonable to say in a Opponents wanted request , "no one with less than 100 posts need apply"? Would this help with some of the "Opponent trolls" that we are currently suffering?

To be honest, I don't like that "Helmut-jumping" that has turned into a sport meanwhile. Yes, I participated last time. But what if he has changed and now searches for a real opponent? What if we mistake someone for him?

If I had more time, I'd even give him a try. But I'm afraid I have to play you first, old man.

If he'd play , I'd agree with you. On the several occassions that I've tried , all he did was jerk me around with dozens of house rules, that once agreed upon needed to be changed, endless PM's , and a constant endeavor to keep wasting your time as long as he can. When you decide that you've had enough , then he gets abusive.

As far as not interferring , well, that's all fine and noble. But it's a little bit like watching a 14 year old beat up a 5 year old and not "interferring". Yeah, you can say how high and noble you are , but if you can look at yourself in the mirror without regret, then your not the kind of person I want to know.

The person who we are discussing is a sick, degenerate little person who desperately needs help. By ignoring him you MIGHT make him go away , but you are far more likely to run him into a trusting Newbie. Which guarantees that the newbie will be lost to the game and consider us badly because we didn't warn him.

I don't consider "Helmut jumping" to be a sport. I consider it to be a disagreeable,unpleasant duty. Every time I get involved with him, I imediately run to the washroom to clean up. But there always remains the question...."if we don't police him, then who will?".

Now, then MR Beer monster.....as far as our game goes, I'm still waiting!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 8794
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/24/2012 11:06:57 PM   
Schanilec

You sure? Or were you playing around with the big throw switch?

This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8795
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/24/2012 11:13:25 PM   
Kwik E Mart

...tuesday tithe...

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to Schanilec)
Post #: 8796
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/24/2012 11:15:38 PM   
Kwik E Mart

...our little Kaley is peeing out her butt and had some dry heaves last night...going to the vet this afternoon...what a start to life for a little 7 month old pup...i guess it beats the alternative if we hadn't rescued her...

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 8797
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/24/2012 11:55:47 PM   
Kwik E Mart

...note to self...do not discuss politics with family members...

Post #: 8798
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 1:41:36 AM   
Grollub

Good night friends

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

Post #: 8799
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 3:09:10 AM   
jeffk3510

I hear ya on politics with families..

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8800
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 7:37:05 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 8801
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 1:55:52 PM   
USSAmerica

Good morning - Tithe.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 8802
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 3:14:40 PM   
jeffk3510

Sidin with you on this one Steve. Helmut is really annoying.. how the hell does he keep poping up?

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 8803
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 3:47:01 PM   
Chickenboy

Good morning tithe...

Leo, found this article that you might find interesting. Upshot: F-22 life support / Oxygen systems have been fixed. All systems go for this lovely airframe now.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/07/24/pentagon-oks-plan-to-lift-f22-flight-restrictions.html?ESRC=eb.nl

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 8804
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 3:51:51 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Yeah, here too.

It's a shame though. We're reduced to not being able to discuss money, politics, religion or sex with family out of 'politeness'. Discussing nothing of meaning. Not challenging the other's thoughts or formation of ideas, not exploring how we came to be different.

So-for the people that are closest to us in the world-we talk about banal pleasantries and non-confrontational topics and while away our fleeting time on this planet together. There's gotta be a better way...

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 8805
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 4:19:31 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Good morning tithe...

Leo, found this article that you might find interesting. Upshot: F-22 life support / Oxygen systems have been fixed. All systems go for this lovely airframe now.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/07/24/pentagon-oks-plan-to-lift-f22-flight-restrictions.html?ESRC=eb.nl

now all you need is reopen the production line, before T-50 and J-20 are sold to every rogue country all over the world by 2025...

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8806
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 4:21:27 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

Yeah, here too.

It's a shame though. We're reduced to not being able to discuss money, politics, religion or sex with family out of 'politeness'. Discussing nothing of meaning. Not challenging the other's thoughts or formation of ideas, not exploring how we came to be different.

So-for the people that are closest to us in the world-we talk about banal pleasantries and non-confrontational topics and while away our fleeting time on this planet together. There's gotta be a better way...

I enjoy the discussions with my dad about politics. We talk to each other about politics quite often for some hours on telephone. I love being confronted with different opinions as it is the only way to find out whether your own point of view actually is correct.

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8807
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 4:43:30 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Good morning tithe...

Thanks for info Andre!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8808
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 4:46:54 PM   
alaviner

late morning tithe

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 8809
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 4:48:05 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, here too.

I enjoy the discussions with my dad about politics. We talk to each other about politics quite often for some hours on telephone. I love being confronted with different opinions as it is the only way to find out whether your own point of view actually is correct.

Yes, me too. I talk about a number of things with my dad-like you've indicated. He and I have a very good relationship. However, I can't talk with my sister about many of these things, nor-in some cases-can I engage in the same discussions with my wife, aunts, uncles, cousins and other family that I do my father.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 8810
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 5:00:29 PM   
Chickenboy

A quick shout out to Dixie: congratulations on your opportunity to participate in the olympic games!

Did you guys get 'nicked' to pull guard duty to make up for the schlub security contractor that screwed the pooch?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8811
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 5:05:30 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, here too.

Yes, me too. I talk about a number of things with my dad-like you've indicated. He and I have a very good relationship. However, I can't talk with my sister about many of these things, nor-in some cases-can I engage in the same discussions with my wife, aunts, uncles, cousins and other family that I do my father.

It depends on the person. I try to have "exploratory discussions" first, i.e. not express my opinion but ask for theirs. If I see that the person does not know the definition of "discussion", as in free exchange of ideas whose point is not to convert the other person to your mode of thinking and not to take others' differences as a personal insult, I will not pursue it further.

I love having discussions with my dad, he has taught me the fundamentals of idea exchange, but the older he gets the more intractable he is, so its more of a do as I say, not as I do.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8812
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 6:06:22 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

A quick shout out to Dixie: congratulations on your opportunity to participate in the olympic games!

Did you guys get 'nicked' to pull guard duty to make up for the schlub security contractor that screwed the pooch?

He can't come to the computer right now. He's providing "special" security for the female Beach "Bikini" volleyball teams.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8813
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 6:10:10 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, here too.

It depends on the person. I try to have "exploratory discussions" first, i.e. not express my opinion but ask for theirs. If I see that the person does not know the definition of "discussion", as in free exchange of ideas whose point is not to convert the other person to your mode of thinking and not to take others' differences as a personal insult, I will not pursue it further.

I love having discussions with my dad, he has taught me the fundamentals of idea exchange, but the older he gets the more intractable he is, so its more of a do as I say, not as I do.

...my father has entered that holy pantheon of political activism known as RETIREMENT...he simply out researches me with all his "free" time...plus, i'm firmly convinced that the older most American's get, the more averse to taxes they become...taxing of almost any form is evil in his view...

Post #: 8814
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 6:23:58 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, here too.

...my father has entered that holy pantheon of political activism known as RETIREMENT...he simply out researches me with all his "free" time...plus, i'm firmly convinced that the older most American's get, the more averse to taxes they become...taxing of almost any form is evil in his view...

I'm convinced that most people (Americans included) don't begrudge taxes, so much as "unfair" taxes or even more important, wasted tax money. Of course "unfair" and "wasted" are pretty much in the eye of the beholder.

< Message edited by AW1Steve -- 7/25/2012 6:24:37 PM >

Post #: 8815
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 6:56:23 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, here too.

My sisters are more persons of feelings, like they are supposed to be from the limbic system. Thus my ice cold logic doesn't fit. But we still have a good relationship.

Only my brother (politician) isn't happy that I regularly slam his "conservative" party to be left wing and not conservative at all

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8816
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 6:57:29 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, here too.

No ****tin'?
Like unitl 5 in the morning, or so?

Post #: 8817
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 7:00:50 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

I'm convinced that most people (Americans included) don't begrudge taxes, so much as "unfair" taxes or even more important, wasted tax money. Of course "unfair" and "wasted" are pretty much in the eye of the beholder.

I just remind you of my signature...

< Message edited by Historiker -- 7/25/2012 7:10:25 PM >

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 8818
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 7:02:00 PM   
Historiker

anyone play ball?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 8819
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 7/25/2012 7:17:25 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

No ****tin'?
Like unitl 5 in the morning, or so?

I thought I behaved myself more or less.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 8820
Page:   <<   < prev  292 293 [294] 295 296   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  292 293 [294] 295 296   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI