Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  304 305 [306] 307 308   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:27:43 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

When dealing with wasps,hornets or bees, if you can't get a hold of a wasp trap, open the windows and put a can of "fruity" soda, like gingerale or sprite near the car , but outside of it. I've "lured off" many of them that way. The nest....that's a problem. Did you leave your windows down?

I thought the best method was to flap your arms and wave them around at speed whilst ducking and weaving and squealing. That's what most people seem to do, they can't all be wrong can they?

Reminds me when I was in the military and standing at ease in the morning. I felt something strange at one hand and touched it with the other hand behind my back. Then I jumped out of line screaming
Damn wasp had stinged me.

But I get stung by these beasts about once or twice a year when cycling. They always end up in my helmet and try to sting their way out...
But luckily, I got used to this and don't even get a turgor any more

A fine example of the stoic and corageous German Army! I belive you now , that you are a Barvarian. You are definately NOT a Prussian!

(I'm rather Prussian but Bavarian, but don't tell anyone!)

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 9151
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:28:05 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Yes, we agreed to a "best of three" with one day beer and one day rum. A third day won't be needed, as I'll win the first two encounters anyways

If only drinking was an Olympic sport...

it isn't because even the Irish know their master! No one can drink beer as the bavarians. The only ones to compete may be russians drinking vodka...

On a per capita basis, the Czechs drink significantly more beer than you guys. But hey, Herr German-there's nothing wrong with second place, as your olympians will attest.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9152
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:31:02 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

When dealing with wasps,hornets or bees, if you can't get a hold of a wasp trap, open the windows and put a can of "fruity" soda, like gingerale or sprite near the car , but outside of it. I've "lured off" many of them that way. The nest....that's a problem. Did you leave your windows down?

I thought the best method was to flap your arms and wave them around at speed whilst ducking and weaving and squealing. That's what most people seem to do, they can't all be wrong can they?

My way of dealing with the intruder was to light up a cigarette. The reason for this was twofold. 1) I figured I'd have one before I was stung to death and 2) the wasp didnt like it at all and promptly exited out of another window I had obligingly opened. In the end, we were both happy.

I like yer thinkin' there, vato.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 9153
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:31:06 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, we agreed to a "best of three" with one day beer and one day rum. A third day won't be needed, as I'll win the first two encounters anyways

it isn't because even the Irish know their master! No one can drink beer as the bavarians. The only ones to compete may be russians drinking vodka...

On a per capita basis, the Czechs drink significantly more beer than you guys. But hey, Herr German-there's nothing wrong with second place, as your olympians will attest.

Like our riders or rowers?
Ther's no chance competing with both Americans and Chinese in many things... I guess your doping is more sophisticated

And the Czechs are our brothers they don't count seperate when it comes to drinking!

< Message edited by Historiker -- 8/2/2012 10:33:46 PM >

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9154
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:35:07 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ther's no chance competing with both Americans and Chinese in many things... I guess your doping is more sophisticated

And the Chezs are our brothers they don't count seperate when it comes to drinking!

The Britishers are taking all the good riding medals, Herr German. Besides, that's just loser talk.

The Wall Street Journal had several pages on the Badminton Olympic scandal (I chuckle when I write that still) and went into "The Shame of Gijon" at length. Naughty naughty Germans and Mountain Germans.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9155
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:37:01 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And the Chezs are our brothers they don't count seperate when it comes to drinking!

The Britishers are taking all the good riding medals, Herr German. Besides, that's just loser talk.

The Wall Street Journal had several pages on the Badminton Olympic scandal (I chuckle when I write that still) and went into "The Shame of Gijon" at length. Naughty naughty Germans and Mountain Germans.

They do take the medals?
So why do we have two gold medals in riding and they have none?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9156
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:39:34 PM   
Historiker

btw: Whoever speaks German will propably already know this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rlUhjfqvNQ

They comment on the Germany Austria game in Cordoba. They wonder why Germany plays with 22 players and wears different colours... Very funny!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9157
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:40:27 PM   
Chickenboy

The Britishers have a road cycling and velodrome gold both, Herr German. Maybe Der Spiegel isn't up to speed on the latest and greatest developments in these Olympics. You may wish to check a more contemporary source for your information.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9158
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:42:16 PM   
Historiker

Der Spiegel ist the greatest crap Germany's media can offer. It isn't even good enough to wipe ass!

It is a west disdaining hate monger who you can always count on to get foam in front of the mouth when it comes to Israel and the US republicans. It is incredibly horrible!

< Message edited by Historiker -- 8/2/2012 10:43:25 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9159
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:45:46 PM   
Historiker

And I still wonder where "the british take all the good riding medals" Germany dominates riding

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9160
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:50:38 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Der Spiegel ist the greatest crap Germany's media can offer. It isn't even good enough to wipe ass!

It is a west disdaining hate monger who you can always count on to get foam in front of the mouth when it comes to Israel and the US republicans. It is incredibly horrible!

I know. I referenced it just to see you foam at the mouth. I'm awful that way. German baiting is habit forming...

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 8/2/2012 10:51:28 PM >

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9161
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:51:12 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Germany dominates riding

Even if another country wins more than you?

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9162
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:53:01 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

I know. I referenced it just to see you foam at the mouth. I'm awful that way. German baiting is habit forming...

Well, ask the other Germans in this forum and they will most likely see it different...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9163
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 10:54:33 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

Germany dominates riding

sure...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equestrian_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics#Medal_table

But without those doped DDR athletes and with more efficiant doping in China and the US, Germany doesn't have much left to win.
Riding, Rowing, maybe something in Canoeing, Javelin, Discus and shotput.
Maybe high jump of the ladies with Blanca Vlasic not in London. But that should be about it mostly. Running, jumping, etc. - no chances any more...
And our swimming team also sucks as never before...

< Message edited by Historiker -- 8/2/2012 11:01:31 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9164
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 11:51:39 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

My way of dealing with the intruder was to light up a cigarette. The reason for this was twofold. 1) I figured I'd have one before I was stung to death and 2) the wasp didnt like it at all and promptly exited out of another window I had obligingly opened. In the end, we were both happy.

I'm suprised he didn't sting you out of sheer spite! Imagine trying to give a bee cancer! What woulf PETA say? Or Lacrimosa?

Hey you just came up with a third reason.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 9165
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 11:54:57 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Reminds me when I was in the military and standing at ease in the morning. I felt something strange at one hand and touched it with the other hand behind my back. Then I jumped out of line screaming
Damn wasp had stinged me.

But I get stung by these beasts about once or twice a year when cycling. They always end up in my helmet and try to sting their way out...
But luckily, I got used to this and don't even get a turgor any more

A fine example of the stoic and corageous German Army! I belive you now , that you are a Barvarian. You are definately NOT a Prussian!

I dont care how much of a bad@ss you are, there are things in nature badder than you.

One of our guys woke up one morning we were in the field with a scorpion staring him in the face. He slept on top of the track from there on out.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 9166
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 11:56:23 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Like this one? Only really dangerous if you're married. Three of them must have been fun! Pictures or it didn't happen!

This is Torsten we're talking about. The gentleman he is he probably drove them straight home (their home) and watched them walk in to make sure they were safe. Yeah...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9167
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 11:57:16 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

On a per capita basis, the Czechs drink significantly more beer than you guys.

Well, that explains all those consonants....

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9168
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 11:58:13 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

Like this one? Only really dangerous if you're married. Three of them must have been fun! Pictures or it didn't happen!

This is Torsten we're talking about. The gentleman he is he probably drove them straight home (their home) and watched them walk in to make sure they were safe. Yeah...

Yeah...

Post #: 9169
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 11:58:29 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

And the Czechs are our brothers they don't count seperate when it comes to drinking!

Are they aware of this?

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9170
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 11:59:36 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

They do take the medals?

Dont know about any of that, but Rafalca was 13th last I checked.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9171
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/2/2012 11:59:57 PM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

Are they aware of this?

I don't know. But as a historian, I see we were much longer brothers than we were devided. When it comes to drinking, that's defenitly what counts!

Post #: 9172
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/3/2012 12:00:08 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

So many negative vibes.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9173
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/3/2012 12:01:56 AM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

They do take the medals?

Dont know about any of that, but Rafalca was 13th last I checked.

Rafalca?

Post #: 9174
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/3/2012 12:02:46 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Germany dominates riding

sure...

But without those doped DDR athletes and with more efficiant doping in China and the US, Germany doesn't have much left to win.
Maybe high jump of the ladies with Blanca Vlasic not in London. But that should be about it mostly. Running, jumping, etc. - no chances any more...

Lets see if this will refocus your attention..

Edit: Threaddamned IMG tags....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Onime No Kyo -- 8/3/2012 12:11:12 AM >

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9175
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/3/2012 12:03:35 AM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

So many negative vibes.

Der Spiegel is symptopathic to Germany's intellectual decline. I hate this piece of unnecessary killed trees with all of my heart.
Lying, hating, truth distorting piece of crap.

I guess Rush Limbaugh is a true moral and educational highlight even to liberals in comparison!

Post #: 9176
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/3/2012 12:03:58 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah...

Did you call 15 minutes later to make sure everything was ok?

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9177
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/3/2012 12:04:42 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Are they aware of this?

I don't know. But as a historian, I see we were much longer brothers than we were devided. When it comes to drinking, that's defenitly what counts!

Nice perspective. Now if only we could get Ukranians to read some history...

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 9178
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/3/2012 12:04:59 AM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Germany dominates riding

sure...

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/723/404/2852068723_2eeae997d9_display_image.jpg?1297716832[/img]

Lets see if this will refocus your attention..

have I ever said that I am a fan of the Paraguayan female javelin team?

Post #: 9179
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/3/2012 12:05:32 AM   
Historiker

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Are they aware of this?

Nice perspective. Now if only we could get Ukranians to read some history...

So they count as polish?

Post #: 9180
Page:   <<   < prev  304 305 [306] 307 308   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  304 305 [306] 307 308   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI