Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  119 120 [121] 122 123   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/30/2020 2:17:34 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: shunwick

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

.....Hey, and it has evil lesbian terrorists seducing teenage rebel witches, so yeah...

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

I hate all that.....

.... but I've just started watching episode 1 as I'm obviously keen to observe the historical context and the treatment of 'would be' witches in the 17th century. How long do I have to wait for the lesbian terrorists? er.. I mean...so I can fast forward that bit.

Are you sure that they are Lesbians? I mean, they might be from someplace else . . .

Not sure if they are an international group or American born and bred. Definitely wearing sensible shoes though.

Best wishes,
Steve

Are you sure that they were not from Greek islands, a certain specific one? One where all of the men and boys living there are Lesbians?

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3601
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/30/2020 5:37:10 AM   
warspite1

Spoiler Alert for Fort Salem

Well I saw the first episode and I have to say this seems to have some pretty big holes (albeit some clarity may be forthcoming in future episodes).

a) If the witches are powerful then why haven't they simply broken the Salem Accord and told the Government we'll go to war with you if you continue to attempt to control us by keeping us to an agreement that seemed like a good deal in the 1600's but today?.... not so much.

b) When was the accord signed? Presumably the 17th Century, in which case where are the British witches? The British would effectively have put the accord in place so why would they not have brought some back to the mother country if they were deemed that powerful?

c) With all these witches joining up, and dying horrible deaths, how is the witch bloodline continuing. Are there any warlocks? There was no mention of this it seemed to me - well there weren't many men full stop.

d) In the current world, where does forcing a section of women, from a minority group, into army service so, that they earn their right not to be persecuted meet with the values of today?

I will definitely continue to watch for the moment as I am curious to see where this goes but I'm not sure how much mileage this has.

Yes, I agree the opening scene was unexpected!

BTW so was Patton a witch?

I must confess before your post I had considered watching this but didn't get past that stage partly because I found the picture that goes with it so very unappealing. This one (below) would have been better...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 7/30/2020 5:47:58 AM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 3602
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/30/2020 6:42:31 AM   
RFalvo69

I'm rewatching Matt Smith's run in "Doctor Who". I missed a lot of episodes back in the day, and Steven Moffat fixation with "overarching narratives" didn't help.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3603
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/30/2020 10:40:47 AM   
shunwick

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

.....Hey, and it has evil lesbian terrorists seducing teenage rebel witches, so yeah...

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

I hate all that.....

.... but I've just started watching episode 1 as I'm obviously keen to observe the historical context and the treatment of 'would be' witches in the 17th century. How long do I have to wait for the lesbian terrorists? er.. I mean...so I can fast forward that bit.

Are you sure that they are Lesbians? I mean, they might be from someplace else . . .

Not sure if they are an international group or American born and bred. Definitely wearing sensible shoes though.

Best wishes,
Steve

Are you sure that they were not from Greek islands, a certain specific one? One where all of the men and boys living there are Lesbians?

The ones we have seen, and we have only seen three (two women and one man) so far (as of episode 4) are all Americans. Not a Greek accent among them.

Best wishes,
Steve

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 3604
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/30/2020 11:15:05 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

I hate all that.....

Best wishes,
Steve

The ones we have seen, and we have only seen three (two women and one man) so far (as of episode 4) are all Americans. Not a Greek accent among them.

Best wishes,
Steve

Okay, so they were probably not from the island of Lesbos then.

― Julia Child

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3605
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/31/2020 2:24:34 PM   
shunwick

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

I hate all that.....

Best wishes,
Steve

Best wishes,
Steve

Okay, so they were probably not from the island of Lesbos then.

Asked and answered twice already.

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 3606
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/31/2020 3:12:58 PM   
warspite1

Where you at with this series shunwick ol'boy? Are you sticking with it?

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3607
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/31/2020 3:44:35 PM   
shunwick

quote:

Just watched episode 5, so half way through the series. It's a strange one for me. Plenty of things I like about it. Some things not so keen on. Overall, it has enough to keep me watching and as long as it doesn't screw up, I can see myself finishing the series. The Spree are genuinely menacing.

Best wishes,
Steve

< Message edited by shunwick -- 8/1/2020 12:20:17 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3608
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 7/31/2020 5:20:30 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Just watched episode 5, so half way through the series. It's a strange one for me. Plenty of things I like about it. Some things not so keen on. Overall, it has enough to keep me watching and as long as it doesn't screw up, I can see myself finishing the series. The Spree are genuinely frightening.

Best wishes,
Steve

warspite1

I've finished episode 6 and I'm in the same place as you. I don't know if I'd recommend it yet - but I certainly think its likely I will finish the series.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3609
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/1/2020 12:24:39 AM   
shunwick

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just watched episode 5, so half way through the series. It's a strange one for me. Plenty of things I like about it. Some things not so keen on. Overall, it has enough to keep me watching and as long as it doesn't screw up, I can see myself finishing the series. The Spree are genuinely menacing.

Best wishes,
Steve

warspite1

I've finished episode 6 and I'm in the same place as you. I don't know if I'd recommend it yet - but I certainly think its likely I will finish the series.

Ok. Just binged the last half of the series. Edited my last post: called the Spree "genuinely frightening" and I have changed that to "genuinely menacing". I believe that is a better description.

Will save my final thoughts until you have finished the series.

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3610
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/1/2020 5:52:59 AM   
warspite1

SPOILER ALERT FOR FORT SALEM

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best wishes,
Steve

warspite1

Ok. Just binged the last half of the series. Edited my last post: called the Spree "genuinely frightening" and I have changed that to "genuinely menacing". I believe that is a better description.

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

Yes I did the same

There were a few threads dangling at the end that I'd like to see where they go with:

- So it was Raelle's mum (who joined the Spree) that was trying to get her daughter out (although one could ask why she didn't just contact her and stop her joining up in the first place). So where does she go from here and what happens to Scylla?

- What happens to Tally? Presumably she is now stuck at that age?

- But the biggie for me (and I suspect what will turn me off or keep me viewing) What the hell happened to Abigail and Raelle at the end? I thought we were in for a nice (or not so nice) grown up, Game of Thrones type ending where a main character or two can be cut down, but it seems not??

- The series was certainly watchable but one thing that really grated was the whole hostages thing. There were what? A dozen or so hostages. So take out the truck and kill them or see many, many thousands die... why such a big drama? I could understand if the debate was about whether there was another way to stop the truck but given the Spree's method's that not likely now is it? And who cares if they hadn't finished training? They were the only unit between the Spree and a massacre. They were soldiers so......

- Last couple of things: is there a witch air force and navy?

I know that this is one of those series where you shouldn't think too much, but there are limits to what is acceptable no matter how good the story. There has to be some sort of baseline from which to work.

- The more powerful the witches powers, the more the whole premise is ludicrous. Why, are all these witches content to continue with this? If they can manipulate the President in that way (and what happened to her afterwards? Did she not realise what she was going to say and what she did say?) then why are they content to be used as bullet stoppers just so they can enjoy freedom from persecution.

- The position now is straightforward because they are fighting the Spree - a faction of their own kind gone rogue. But what about the world war for example (what was it 1909-1911?). So that presumably is witch vs witch. Do witches really have such a sense of nationhood?

- How is that band of witches in China/Russia are so week and facing extermination with the powers they have? Powers that apparently will defeat the Spree?

Having put in the time commitment so far, I will definitely start to watch a second series when its shown, but whether it holds my attention for much longer I'm less certain about.

Raelle and the very pretty Scylla (where's Charybdis?)

Menacing indeed....some nice music accompaniment when the Balloons are around

I liked the music for the dance, Ruelle I think, but not available on itunes....

Attachment (3)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 8/1/2020 6:04:28 AM >

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3611
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/1/2020 2:42:29 PM   
shunwick

quote:

SPOILER ALERT FOR FORT SALEM

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best wishes,
Steve

warspite1

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

Yes I did the same

There were a few threads dangling at the end that I'd like to see where they go with:

- So it was Raelle's mum (who joined the Spree) that was trying to get her daughter out (although one could ask why she didn't just contact her and stop her joining up in the first place). So where does she go from here and what happens to Scylla?

- What happens to Tally? Presumably she is now stuck at that age?

- But the biggie for me (and I suspect what will turn me off or keep me viewing) What the hell happened to Abigail and Raelle at the end? I thought we were in for a nice (or not so nice) grown up, Game of Thrones type ending where a main character or two can be cut down, but it seems not??

- The series was certainly watchable but one thing that really grated was the whole hostages thing. There were what? A dozen or so hostages. So take out the truck and kill them or see many, many thousands die... why such a big drama? I could understand if the debate was about whether there was another way to stop the truck but given the Spree's method's that not likely now is it? And who cares if they hadn't finished training? They were the only unit between the Spree and a massacre. They were soldiers so......

- Last couple of things: is there a witch air force and navy?

I know that this is one of those series where you shouldn't think too much, but there are limits to what is acceptable no matter how good the story. There has to be some sort of baseline from which to work.

- The more powerful the witches powers, the more the whole premise is ludicrous. Why, are all these witches content to continue with this? If they can manipulate the President in that way (and what happened to her afterwards? Did she not realise what she was going to say and what she did say?) then why are they content to be used as bullet stoppers just so they can enjoy freedom from persecution.

- The position now is straightforward because they are fighting the Spree - a faction of their own kind gone rogue. But what about the world war for example (what was it 1909-1911?). So that presumably is witch vs witch. Do witches really have such a sense of nationhood?

- How is that band of witches in China/Russia are so week and facing extermination with the powers they have? Powers that apparently will defeat the Spree?

Having put in the time commitment so far, I will definitely start to watch a second series when its shown, but whether it holds my attention for much longer I'm less certain about.

Raelle and the very pretty Scylla (where's Charybdis?)

Menacing indeed....some nice music accompaniment when the Balloons are around

I liked the music for the dance, Ruelle I think, but not available on itunes....

There is much to like about this series. It is deeply flawed, however. Some of the dialogue is cringeworthy. And the characterization is often clumsy and superficial.

Certainly watchable. There was enough to keep watching through 10 episodes and that takes something with me.

World-building is a difficult art. The biggest challenge is consistency. It doesn't matter how weird your world is as long as it is consistent with itself. The screenplay writers of Fort Salem failed to build a consistent world at the most basic level. It is doubtful if they are even aware of their failures. It is on consistency that story will succeed or fail.

We don't yet know the backstory of Raelle's mum. My guess is it will clumsy and superficial. As to what happens to Scylla, I guess we will find out in season 2.

What happens to Tally? It would a crying shame if Tally is stuck with being a biddy. Me likey Tally. Good, clean, and wholesome (as was established when she rejected the threesome trap), as a biddy she will be close to Alder as season 2 begins. Whether she stays as a biddy is another question. I doubt it somehow.

What happened at the end? Well, Abigail further proves her commitment to her sisters and knows that Raelle is going to need strength if she is heal herself. Raelle is connected to the mushroom don't forget and we don't yet understand what the mushroom is or what it wants. That black cloud as Raelle and Abigail walk away. I think that is cloud of mushroom spores.

The hostages kerfuffle was to establish that our three heroes CARE. They also needed a way to keep the three girls away from War College. And then used that to establish Abigail's commitment to her sisters. "but there ais always collateral damage in war" recited Abigail as an answer to Tally's morality crisis. Even the actress playing Abigail thought that was the clumsiest thing ever and had to recite the line without cringing.

A witch air force and navy. Probably. Withes fly and sail the waters on eggshells.

"The more powerful the witch's power, the more the whole premise is ludicrous." Yep. Gandalf had to fall to the Balrog. If he didn't he would have been OP. Tolkien knew how build a consistent world and was a much better writer to boot.

The American president had her speech on teleprinter. She must have known, at least after the fact, the words she spoke were not the words she planned to speak. Don't yet know if this has any consequences. Might be in season 2. Or they might gloss over it. Are the writer's even aware of the problem? Either way, Alder must have known that puppeting the president gives only a brief window of opportunity while confusion reigns.

They have to worry about the Spree and the Camarilla(?) (witch hunters). The Camarilla were responsible for the wedding. The Camarilla are the enemies of both the Army and the Spree. That was why the Spree sent Alder the warning at the American football match. The ancient enemy has returned. It was the Camarilla at the final battle.

So, the band of witches being hunted at the border of China and Russia, have the power to terraform the world. Create rock face to seal and hide a cave. They can move mountains etc. Raelle had just saved one of their sick kids, Tally had told Alder that they were surrounded. So why if the tribe were that powerful couldn't they create a backdoor for the soldiers to escape?

General Alder is well dodgy.

World building. Consistency.

Season 2 prediction. The Army and the Spree join forces against the Camarilla. Anacosta, Raelle and Scylla are links to the spree. Tally begins close to Alder (as a biddy) but I doubt if she stays a biddy for long.

Watchable but deeply flawed would be my assessment. Will I watch season 2? Yes. I will start watching it to see how they handle some of this stuff. Overall, it still has enough good things to offset the dodgy. When the dodgy outweighs the good is when I bail.

Whose side is the mushroom on? Raelle's mum was cooking mushrooms in the final scene wasn't she.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDTvLldOgZs

Best wishes,
Steve

< Message edited by shunwick -- 8/1/2020 2:46:18 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3612
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/6/2020 5:16:54 PM   
johnnyy

I really enjoyed S3 and Mahershala Ali was brilliant.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3613
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/10/2020 9:12:28 PM   
redcoat

I’ve watched many of the videos on the Exploring Stamps channel on YouTube - after spending some time with my stamp collection during the lockdown:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkeSM6aOWfaUPIGb5rPOGyA

Attachment (1)

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984

(in reply to johnnyy)
Post #: 3614
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/10/2020 10:01:56 PM   
shunwick

Just finished binge-watching all three series of Broadchurch. Missed this the first time around and I now understand why it was almost universally liked. Cracking story with excellent performances from a top class cast. So glad I got to watch it.

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 3615
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/15/2020 8:07:13 AM   
warspite1

Broadchurch was great - season 2 perhaps not quite so much - but enjoyable all the same.

My little warspites and I are currently binge-watching the entire five series of Line of Duty. Just finished series 3. Fantastic series with some great characters. Fortunately my memory is appalling so I don't remember a lot of what happens so its largely like watching from scratch.

If you haven't seen this then I would recommend it to anyone.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3616
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/15/2020 10:28:54 AM   
shunwick

quote:

Broadchurch was great - season 2 perhaps not quite so much - but enjoyable all the same.

My little warspites and I are currently binge-watching the entire five series of Line of Duty. Just finished series 3. Fantastic series with some great characters. Fortunately my memory is appalling so I don't remember a lot of what happens so its largely like watching from scratch.

If you haven't seen this then I would recommend it to anyone.

Just finished plundering all three series of Unforgotten. OMG. Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar are excellent in the lead roles and with a strong supporting class. First class, if sometimes harrowing, storytelling.

Most police procedurals look at the victims, the guilty, and the police investigation. Unforgotten also examines the appalling human damage that surrounds violent crime.

Have very much enjoyed all the series and certainly looking forward to season four.

I have been eyeing Line of Duty, so, as per recommendation, is now next on my watch list. Thanks.

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3617
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/15/2020 3:32:48 PM   
loki100

Just started on Baron Noir. Realise the first season was from 2016 but its really good stuff (if sometimes a wee bit detailed on the process of French local elections). Half way through series 1 and certainly going to stick at it

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3618
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/16/2020 9:49:34 AM   
warspite1

Unforgotten doesn't seem to be on catch-up

Where can I find Baron Noir?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3619
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/16/2020 11:17:34 AM   
loki100

we bought the DVD version, not sure its available on line at the moment (I think it was originally on Amazon Prime)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3620
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/19/2020 11:21:08 AM   
shunwick

quote:

Unforgotten doesn't seem to be on catch-up

Where can I find Baron Noir?

Unforgotten is on Britbox.

I have watched the first two series of Line of Duty. Thanks for recommending that. I am enjoying that series very much - even my trolling through Classic Dr Who is paused while I watch Line of Duty.

I am currently up to the Jon Pertwee era on classic Dr Who and remembering why I was never that fond of Jon Pertwee's Dr Who.

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3621
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/20/2020 5:55:35 AM   
NukaBoy

Oh I love up! One of my favorite disney films! I'm watching the complete clone wars show again now

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3622
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/22/2020 9:33:22 AM   
warspite1

The Railway Man

Well worth watching, although the script was a bit 'by the numbers' in places. Great cast who made the best of that script.

Based on a true story about a survivor of the sadistic Japanese in WWII following the fall of Singapore - and his subsequent post war meeting....

Attachment (3)

(in reply to NukaBoy)
Post #: 3623
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/25/2020 10:41:27 PM   
shunwick

Ok. Just finished watching all five seasons of Line of Duty. Very watchable Not sure if season five was up to the same standard as the first four seasons. The story is beginning to feel forced rather than just flow naturally. The ending of the final episode of season five (a ninety minute extravaganza) felt rushed and a little bit like pulling a rabbit out of a hat. The number count on bright scarlet fish went through the roof.

Overall it has a good cast, was well acted, and had a (generally) well-paced story My main worry for season 6 is the writers trying to be too clever. We'll see.

Enjoyed myself with this one. It's always fun trying to spot the criminal mastermind. And we now know what to do when the police arrest you for multiple homicides - you just aske for immunity from prosecution. Simples.

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3624
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/25/2020 11:53:51 PM   
warspite1

Glad you enjoyed it!

My little warspites and I are watching all the Harry Potter films. My eldest has seen most or all of them, but I've seen none of them and neither has my youngest. Thought we should give them a go to make the interaction better when we go back to Universal (assuming we will one day get back there).

Watched the first 5 so far. I have to say they are reasonably good entertainment, that attracted some quality actors/actresses. Best not to think too much about storyline of course, but just enjoy them for what they are.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3625
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/26/2020 2:36:41 PM   
shunwick

quote:

Glad you enjoyed it!

My little warspites and I are watching all the Harry Potter films. My eldest has seen most or all of them, but I've seen none of them and neither has my youngest. Thought we should give them a go to make the interaction better when we go back to Universal (assuming we will one day get back there).

Watched the first 5 so far. I have to say they are reasonably good entertainment, that attracted some quality actors/actresses. Best not to think too much about storyline of course, but just enjoy them for what they are.

Never seen the films but read the books and enjoyed them. I am curious, how did the films handle Goblet of Fire? That was the weakest of the books (a plot hole you drive Hogwarts Express through).

Currently returning to my playthrough of Dr Who Classic. As I think I mentioned before, I am up to the Jon Pertwee era. I was never a big fan of Jon Pertwee's Dr Who and I am really struggling with his second series. Not all his fault. The writing was weak and formulaic. Katy Manning is annoying and certainly does not compare favourably with Caroline John in his first series.

Roger Delgardo's Master was great but four of the first five stories in Pertwee's second series is versus the The Master plus some random monster. I don't know who the show runner for Pertwee's stint in Dr Who was but whoever it was had no imagination at all. And Dr Who, generally speaking, rarely gets criticized for lacking imagination.

Watching it is a labour of love at the moment. That's not good.

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3626
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/26/2020 2:56:40 PM   
warspite1

I don't really know how to answer that. Not having read the books I haven't known what to expect in any of the films. They all seem like stories you can drive a big red train through - and I don't recall Goblet of Fire being much different - but still entertaining enough .

I never really know who is 'my' Doctor. I suppose its Redbeard Rum (Tom Baker), but I certainly remember watching Jon Pertwee (I went to infants school with his son for a short time). I remember there was an episode with huge maggot things that frightened the life out of me at the time. All I remember about Katy Manning was that she took some saucy pictures with some daleks.... naughty girl!

[Moderation: Let's keep it G-rated please ;) ]

Apologies - I thought it was on the right side of the taste barrier, no offence intended .

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 8/26/2020 3:42:20 PM >

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3627
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/26/2020 3:27:11 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

Glad you enjoyed it!

Never seen the films but read the books and enjoyed them. I am curious, how did the films handle Goblet of Fire? That was the weakest of the books (a plot hole you drive Hogwarts Express through).

Currently returning to my playthrough of Dr Who Classic. As I think I mentioned before, I am up to the Jon Pertwee era. I was never a big fan of Jon Pertwee's Dr Who and I am really struggling with his second series. Not all his fault. The writing was weak and formulaic. Katy Manning is annoying and certainly does not compare favourably with Caroline John in his first series.

Roger Delgardo's Master was great but four of the first five stories in Pertwee's second series is versus the The Master plus some random monster. I don't know who the show runner for Pertwee's stint in Dr Who was but whoever it was had no imagination at all. And Dr Who, generally speaking, rarely gets criticized for lacking imagination.

Watching it is a labour of love at the moment. That's not good.

Best wishes,
Steve
warspite1

I don't really know how to answer that. Not having read the books I haven't known what to expect in any of the films. They all seem like stories you can drive a big red train through - and I don't recall Goblet of Fire being much different - but still entertaining enough .

I never really know who is 'my' Doctor. I suppose its Redbeard Rum (Tom Baker), but I certainly remember watching Jon Pertwee (I went to infants school with his son for a short time). I remember there was an episode with huge maggot things that frightened the life out of me at the time. All I remember about Katy Manning was that she took some saucy pictures with some daleks.... naughty girl!

Ah yes...Katy and the Daleks (G rated version).

I understand Tom Baker hates his Blackadder role. I thought it was in character with the show.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3628
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/26/2020 4:20:46 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

Apologies - I thought it was on the right side of the taste barrier, no offence intended .

I was not offended by the picture at all.

― Julia Child

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3629
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 8/26/2020 6:36:44 PM   
shunwick

quote:

Did you ever do a Dr Who female companions vote in the Australian Beauties thread?

Best wishes,
Steve

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3630
Page:   <<   < prev  119 120 [121] 122 123   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  119 120 [121] 122 123   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI