Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  89 90 [91] 92 93   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/17/2017 12:24:12 AM   
athineos

Ancient Warriors Episode 07: Spartans - It has moving and Powerful Narration. One of my most favorites

Dimitri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdNLItLROMs

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 2701
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/17/2017 12:48:09 PM   
warspite1

Elf. Only now got the chance to see this very sweet Christmas film. Excellent.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to athineos)
Post #: 2702
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/18/2017 7:40:30 PM   
AbwehrX

Excellent details. I did not know some of this-

Clearing up Spitfire Misconceptions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mkDmHxVDyU

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2703
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/19/2017 1:34:49 AM   
AbwehrX

Immortal words-

"Just know that every man I kill, the farther away from home I feel."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbNwY_QFR1A

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by AbwehrX -- 12/19/2017 1:37:02 AM >

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 2704
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/20/2017 11:05:37 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Blyats, season 1.

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 2705
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/22/2017 3:08:02 PM   
warspite1

When all is said and done A well done biopic about the two women from ABBA. Very watchable.

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 2706
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/24/2017 1:55:53 AM   
AbwehrX

The traitor, Kim Philby. Hopefully we wont get fooled again-

The Spy Who Went Into The Cold (Soviet Spy Documentary)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw_0cgO2JKE

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2707
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/25/2017 10:21:48 PM   
terje439

Just watched the Doctor Who Xmas special. Ok, but not the best Xmas special they have done imo.

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 2708
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/26/2017 5:55:31 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

Just watched the Doctor Who Xmas special. Ok, but not the best Xmas special they have done imo.
warspite1

Agreed. We've gone off Doctor Who - and in fact stopped watching the last series after about 3 episodes. I think the problem is the scriptwriters are trying to be too clever - and many of the stories are just too complicated and are actually uninteresting as a result.

We gave the Christmas show a go, and like you, thought it was okay - but nothing more than that. Will probably give the female doctor a chance next series.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 2709
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/26/2017 11:47:03 AM   
redcoat

I did not watch the Christmas Doctor Who this year. It is the first time I’ve not watched it. I probably won’t watch the new female doctor either.

Doctor Who came sixth in the Christmas Day TV ratings. The Queen came first again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42484128

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2710
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/27/2017 11:05:49 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

Agreed. We've gone off Doctor Who - and in fact stopped watching the last series after about 3 episodes. I think the problem is the scriptwriters are trying to be too clever - and many of the stories are just too complicated and are actually uninteresting as a result.

We gave the Christmas show a go, and like you, thought it was okay - but nothing more than that. Will probably give the female doctor a chance next series.

I feel that the last series got better towards the end, to me the issue was that Bill Macks did not play well enough to keep her characther interesting.
I will keep watching the show, but I fear that they will now add "funny" male companions who merely come off as annoying.

Watched the Xmas special of Victoria yesterday. Enjoyed that one alot actually. Feel that show is very well cast, and the stories well written.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2711
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/27/2017 11:17:04 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Watched the Xmas special of Victoria yesterday. Enjoyed that one alot actually. Feel that show is very well cast, and the stories well written.
warspite1

+1 A very watchable program . Not necessarily historically accurate but after every episode I check the internet to find out the truth of what I've just watched. And Jenna Coleman is still gorgeous .

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 2712
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/28/2017 11:50:37 AM   
warspite1

Paddington 2

What a funny, thoroughly heart-warming, apologetically feel-good film - even better than the first and with a tremendous cast. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2713
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/29/2017 2:14:05 AM   
nicwb

quote:

[Just watched the Doctor Who Xmas special. Ok, but not the best Xmas special they have done imo. /quote]

True - Dr Who Christmas specials are usually a bit more up beat but this was quite melancholy. The "high" point is the Captain is saved because of the Christmas "Armistice" of 1914. Hard to look positive when you realise he faces another 3 years of World War 1.

Still I guess they were not only farewelling Peter Capaldi but also the show's producer Steve Moffat plus a lot of the regular supports are finishing up - Pearl Mackie, Matt Lucas & Michelle Gomez included. Looking forward to seeing where the new Dr goes though. Hope it is brilliant.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2714
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/1/2018 2:55:19 PM   
warspite1

Finally watched the live action Beauty and the Beast. Not a bad effort, but could have been so much better. Cinderella and Jungle Book - and even Maleficent - come ahead of this one I think.

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 2715
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/1/2018 4:34:09 PM   
british exil

Haven't seen a film for quite a while, too busy with other things, but no idea what???

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on Friday. Found myself laughing quite alot. Thoroughly enjoyed it and just loved the soundtrack. In fact I played the soundtrack, via Spotify, the next day at work.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2716
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/2/2018 3:36:18 PM   
redcoat

Now that the holiday season programming is over it is back to normal with Babylon 5 on Pick.

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 2717
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/2/2018 5:47:04 PM   
Orm

Watching the Ice Hockey World Junior Championships.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 2718
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/7/2018 3:43:42 AM   
AbwehrX

I just started watching this. Anyone here seen it?

Against the Sun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhWFE7ldfOk

(in reply to athineos)
Post #: 2719
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/9/2018 8:04:46 PM   
warspite1

Off to see Darkest Hour at the weekend. I can't wait.

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 2720
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/10/2018 4:18:22 PM   
Orm

quote:

So I finished The Vietnam War and it remained a quality production throughout the 10 episodes I'm pleased to say. I felt it was very even handed in its treatment and the numbers interviewed from all sides. I would thoroughly recommend this.

I didn't realise just how 'bad' Richard Nixon was, I mean really, what a twat

Right, let's give Gunpowder a go....

I finally caught up on The Vietnam War documentary. It was nice enough and could have been twice as long. 10 episodes at 50+ minutes felt to short for this subject.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2721
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/10/2018 7:18:50 PM   
durangokid

The international version was 10 one hour episodes. The full version, available on Public Broadcasting in America, was 10 episodes over 18 hours. I saw a few of the longer versions, and enjoyed them more, as I felt the extra time rounded out each episode better.

But to be fair, a lot of the extra time was concerned with telling the story of how the war impacted on individuals. While that my not have been so interesting to an international audience, I would have preferred to have the longer episodes, given a choice.

Still, it was an outstanding series and encouraged me to watch other documentaries Ken Burns has made, particularly the American Civil War.

< Message edited by durangokid -- 1/10/2018 7:19:55 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2722
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/10/2018 7:33:18 PM   
Dr. Foo

I just watched I, Tonya...it was pretty awesome!

*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*

(in reply to durangokid)
Post #: 2723
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/11/2018 4:48:48 AM   
nicwb

Just re-watched "Ice Cold in Alex"

I had forgotten what a good adventure film it was.

(in reply to Dr. Foo)
Post #: 2724
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/12/2018 6:08:22 PM   
RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: redcoat
Doctor Who came sixth in the Christmas Day TV ratings. The Queen came first again.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42484128

For a moment I thought that with "The Queen" you meant the Netflix series

Anyway, there is an involuntary funny op-ed down the page:

"Analysis: Why the Queen's ratings reign may not last..."

Of course that Queen Elizabeth II is 185 years old or so isn't considered as a reason...

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 2725
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/14/2018 2:07:11 PM   
warspite1

Just watched Darkest Hour. A very good film - albeit with some liberty taking with the facts as always.

The set was perfect, the script was very good and the cast was of the highest quality imaginable. If Gary Oldman doesn't win an Oscar then the whole thing is cobblers. The support cast were very much in his shadow but did their jobs admirably - Kristin Scott Thomas as his wife, Cinderella was his assistant and Stannis Baratheon played Halifax very well (best supporting actor nominee at least surely).

Excellent and recommended.

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 2726
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/20/2018 6:44:12 AM   
terje439

Britannia on HBO. Series on its own is good, why they went the fantasy way I do not understand however.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2727
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/20/2018 9:10:32 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Britannia on HBO. Series on its own is good, why they went the fantasy way I do not understand however.
warspite1

Not sure about this so I've recorded it to watch over the weekend. Hoping its a good one.....

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 2728
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/21/2018 5:20:05 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Not sure about this so I've recorded it to watch over the weekend. Hoping its a good one.....

warspite1

Well I watched it. Not massively impressed but then it was okay - and only episode 1 = and it deserves more of a chance than that. I'll defo tune into episode 2.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2729
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/21/2018 6:12:32 PM   
Orm

Just begun re-watching The West Wing.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2730
Page:   <<   < prev  89 90 [91] 92 93   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  89 90 [91] 92 93   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI