Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tales of a 3 on 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tales of a 3 on 2 Page: <<   < prev  23 24 25 26 [27]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 2/5/2014 4:07:45 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

quote:

quote:

quote:

9 JUN 42

RUSSIA:

Nothing to do here.

How come this is all the more you do there? Is there not much going on there at this point...?

We get the occasional LCU or air unit. But, without the Soviets activated the only thing they can do is take replacements as they trickle in (In June of 1942, every available man, gun, & AFV was going the other direction!). Hence, a lot of nothing to do here.

I use a template for my reports both as I am lazy and it reminds me to look at an area before moving to the next.

HA.. I was just giving you a hard time my friend.

OK, mud on my face...

How deep did it get there? My sister in Wichita got quite a bit.

The gentleman we have been discussing the last two days is being hailed as a hero, putting the aircraft down where he did and missing any populated areas. It was the only place he could have put the plane without injuring any on the ground. That is a brave thing to do.

That is what we heard too. Someone could scream at me, and I would NEVER say it to them but you're worth millions.. why wouldn't you pay a professional
pilot.. especially with your wife, child, and grandchild on board..

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 781
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 2/5/2014 4:09:51 PM   
nashvillen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

9 JUN 42

RUSSIA:

Nothing to do here.

How come this is all the more you do there? Is there not much going on there at this point...?

We get the occasional LCU or air unit. But, without the Soviets activated the only thing they can do is take replacements as they trickle in (In June of 1942, every available man, gun, & AFV was going the other direction!). Hence, a lot of nothing to do here.

I use a template for my reports both as I am lazy and it reminds me to look at an area before moving to the next.

HA.. I was just giving you a hard time my friend.

OK, mud on my face...

How deep did it get there? My sister in Wichita got quite a bit.

The gentleman we have been discussing the last two days is being hailed as a hero, putting the aircraft down where he did and missing any populated areas. It was the only place he could have put the plane without injuring any on the ground. That is a brave thing to do.

That is what we heard too. Someone could scream at me, and I would NEVER say it to them but you're worth millions.. why wouldn't you pay a professional
pilot.. especially with your wife, child, and grandchild on board..

I had that thought, also.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 782
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 2/5/2014 4:18:01 PM   
jeffk3510

Anyways..

I didn't answer your question, but we have around 8" I would say.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 783
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 2/5/2014 4:39:29 PM   
jeffk3510

Major ship losses to date.

A good chunk of DDs have been lost by both sides, as well as subs.

We lost a lot in the initial Manila strike. They have lost a fair chunk to our ASW efforts.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 784
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 2/5/2014 4:41:49 PM   
jeffk3510

Air Losses to Date June 11th, 1942

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 785
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 2/5/2014 4:45:52 PM   
jeffk3510

I have to always keep my two grand campaign games separate in my mind.

My AI game, which just entered May 1942 and this PBEM.. very different situations.

In my AI game, I have just taken Lunga/Tulagi and have all of my carrier force. They have all of KB less Zuikaku and Akagi.. they're also down Ryujo and another CVL.. I have lost some pre-war cruisers, but nothing like this game. KB is currently in Tarawa area going to Canton weekly.. the AI has thrown the kitchen sink at Canton and can't dislodge me...

This game has been very different, but were only a few month's apart. A human opponent keeps us on our toes and is so much more enjoyable.

The AI is a real turd sometimes and I have to give it breaks.. it has the KB broken up into four different one CV groups now...don't ask why, but that is why I picked up Akagi and Zuikaku...

I also have A2A kills 2:1 and sunk ships as 3:1... Force Z went on an absolute rampage in the first two months of the war, and JUST hit Timor very hard a week ago... only problem is she has to replenish clear down in Sydney...I need to move some assets into Darwin.

< Message edited by jeffk3510 -- 2/5/2014 5:47:24 PM >

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 786
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 8/29/2018 9:25:17 PM   
nashvillen

OK, here we are just over four years later and we are still playing this game. Harvey and I were discussing the other night plans to update everyone where we are in the campaign. We will be posting more about it in the coming weeks.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 787
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 8/30/2018 2:40:26 AM   
nashvillen

Where we are now:

The big exchange of CVs back in February-April of 42 limited the expansion of the Japanese, but it also limited our ability to strike back. We have just the Wasp and a few CVEs in April of 43. I will comment on the areas I am working in and let my partner comment on his areas.

We are solidly in the Solomans with a size 8 airbase at Lunga and Luganville. Size 6 at Munda and size 4 at Tulagi. Ports are 5 at Munda, 4 at Lunga and Tulagi, and 6 at Luganville.

With all the carriers gone our supremacy fighter for most of 1942 was the Wildcat. In the Solomans, the marines have three squadrons of Corsairs that are now doing that duty and the Wasp has just finished upgrading to Hellcats. About 100 B-24D1s bomb the Bismark Archipelago and New Britain on a regular basis. We control the skies at this time and anticipate keeping that control for the extended future.

There are plenty of supply and fuel moving from the West Coast to appropriate areas as needed. We currently have no shortages of either in my area of operations and I believe it is the same for my partner. We are shifting things to a new change of tempo which will be evident over the next couple of game months.

The Japanese have the following areas in my theater: Vella Lavella and north in the Solomans; Gilberts except for Ocean Island, Kuria and Arorae; Marshall Islands and Wake Island; the Western half of the Aleutians Atka Island and points West. In China we are static on the Chanteh to Chihkiang to Tuyun line and following the heavy wooded terrain NE towards Sian. When the Japanese show up to bomb the Chinese they disrupt some squads and then they fix themselves. Lots and lots of Chinese in the wooded hills! In Russia, troops are resting/training and the airforce is training and upgrading to newer aircraft when available.

Submarines to this point for the USN have been the S boats in the South/SW Pacific with the Fleet boats covering the supply lines, mostly as scouts, but BuWeaps promises they have the thing with the Mk-14s worked out and by June everything should be as it should have been on Dec 8, 1941. We are deploying to take advantage of this change over in just over a month and a half. The sub war will be ratcheting up considerably at that time.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 788
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 8/30/2018 1:58:57 PM   
Bif1961

Thanks for catching us up on the developments, You mentioned what your carrier loses were but what do you believe were the Japanese losses and when do you think you will parity in carriers?

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 789
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 8/30/2018 2:33:14 PM   
nashvillen

Here is what we believe is the Japanese Carrier status:

Kaga is damaged and hasn't been seen in a while except for briefly at Truk 90 or so days ago.
The rest of the KB is sunk along with Ryujo, Zuiho, and Shoho.

We believe, other than accelerated CVs, all they have undamaged are: CVs: Junyo and Hiyo CVLs: Ryuho CVEs: Hosho and Taiyo

The next carriers, un-accelerated, would be available MAR-OCT of 44. I don't remember how much they can be accelerated, but I don't think they would be here yet.

Over the next 120 days we will be receiving the following: CVs: Essex, Bunker Hill, Cold Harbor, and Gettysburg CVLs: Independence, Belleau Wood, and Princeton CVEs: Five Bogue and Casblancas.

We have also converted Wasp's fighter squadron to Hellcats. Helldivers and SBD-5s go into production in 20 days. Our ability to project airpower will significantly increase beyond our ground airbases by the end of July going into August.

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 790
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 8/30/2018 4:42:51 PM   
BBfanboy

IIRC, the SB2C-1c (the first model) has a higher rate of ops losses because it had some poor handling characteristics on takeoff and landing. The SBD is a well tested aircraft and quite reliable. Your choice on whether the extra two small bombs are worth the SB2C, until the -3 model appears. I am not certain that the developers coded a higher Op Loss or maintenance rate for the first Helldiver, but it is something to watch for.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 791
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 8/30/2018 5:38:17 PM   
Bif1961

If he did a basic Japanese acceleration all Japanese fleet carriers that arrive in 1943 and 1944, except Shinano, which most cancel building, he possible has the Taiho already and will be getting the Unryu, Amagi and Katsuragi in 1943. The other carriers, converted CS class to CVLs depend on availability of shipyards and if you sank them or not.So as of April 43 I would imagine the Kaga, Taiho at least as Fleet carriers, Junyo and Hiyo as medium carriers and CVL Ryuho to form the KB. With 3 Unryus coming later in 1943 and possibly 2-3 CVLs converted from CS if possible. Not sure if he acclerated the CVL Ibuki as well. Depending on mod of course.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 792
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 8/30/2018 5:46:20 PM   
nashvillen

CS Chitose was sunk around the same time as the KB in February of 42. There are still a couple of the others.

Thanks for the information on the -1 Helldivers. We will keep that in mind.

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 793
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 9/11/2018 6:59:45 PM   
nashvillen

Some loss calculations on some of the other ship classes from our intelligence analysts:

Three of the Ise BBs and a Nagato have been sunk. We did damage severely a couple of Kongo's in an ambush making a run at Munda with the Wasp. If they are not sunk, they are severely damaged and out for while.

Three CAs including a Tone class are sunk. They are down to sixteen CAs.

Five CLs including both the Oi and Kitakami torpedo CLs are sunk, with new construction, they are down to nineteen CLs.

Twenty-five DDs have been sunk, with new construction, they have around one hundred DDs. Mostly they are deployed in ASW roles from what we see.

Overall, since the ambush with the Wasp on the pair of Kongos, Japanese naval activities have been nil except for defensive roles, such as ASW.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 794
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 2/23/2019 4:31:59 PM   
denisonh

Have total air superiority over the PNG. Building up the AF and supply at Lae, sieging Finschaffen, and preparing for follow operations.

Burma-India is stable although our opponents are atacking the Chinese airfields (my guess is to cut off supply). Due to strong Jap air presence can't operate out of Ledo.

Have rolled back Japanese presence in Western Australia to Port Hedland. Being patent and building up for follow on ops there.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 795
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 2/23/2019 11:11:22 PM   
Bif1961

Nice to see this is still ongoing.

(in reply to denisonh)
Post #: 796
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 4/21/2020 5:14:50 PM   
denisonh

Campaign still going. Into June 1943. Sieging Kavieng, have taken Madang, and have an airfield/base on Rambutyo soon to have Rabaul surrounded.

Attachment (1)

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 797
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 4/24/2020 4:21:45 PM   
Bif1961

Thanks for the update, I am slowly catching up to you.

(in reply to denisonh)
Post #: 798
RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tale... - 4/24/2020 4:55:27 PM   
denisonh

I will have to engage with my partner Mike Curtis to give a little more insight into how it has been going, as he is handling most of the effort. I am just the Brits/Aussies/SWPAC.

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 799
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 25 26 [27]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Forbidden: The Billionaire's Virgin Princess - Tales of a 3 on 2 Page: <<   < prev  23 24 25 26 [27]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI