Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Available! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Availa... - 12/2/2011 9:57:07 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hello All,

There is a new version of the Public Beta in the Members Club. It fixes many reported issues and makes a few improvements. All listed below, with links to the previous update changes. We hope to make this an official update next week.

Please give it a try if you are interested and give us your feed back on these changes.

v1.7.0.4 Beta - December 2, 2011

CRASH FIXES
  • fixed rare crash when building new ships

DESIGNS SCREEN
  • Delete button now allows multi-selecting designs to delete
  • Copy As New button now creates new design with name "Ship Name Mk2", etc (as for Upgrades)
  • added row color coding with tooltip to indicate manually created designs
  • added explanatory message when player attempts to edit design already in use

DESIGNS AND RETROFITTING
  • auto-retrofit and advisor-retrofit now properly excludes advanced ships and bases
  • now ensure no Carrier ship designs are generated before empire has researched Fighter Bays

RESEARCH
  • increased number of research labs on AI designs for research stations and medium space port
  • empires now start the game with a research station, allowing them to reach Research output sooner

FLEETS AND BATTLES
  • when a colony that was a fleet base changes ownership (e.g. invaded), the fleet now immediately resets its home base to somewhere else
  • fixed bug where fleets would occasionally head to refuel at top-left corner of galaxy
  • improved automated attack fleet reassignment when war ends with an empire (when Fleet Formation is automated)
  • invading the colony of another empire is now much more likely to result in instant declaration of war from target empire
  • enabled bombardment of independent colonies

FUEL
  • new colonies now have higher fuel stocks
  • increased fuel stock levels at colonies without spaceports
  • slightly increased mining rate for gas extractors

CARRIERS AND FIGHTERS
  • carriers with no weapons (only fighter bays) can now attack targets properly
  • fighters will respond to attack targets better (less patrolling around carrier)

PIRATES AND GAME EVENTS
  • pirate ships now flee when shields are at 50% to reflect their raiding style
  • legendary pirates now only appear if Disaster events are enabled (Start New Game - Victory Conditions step) AND pirate prevalence is not "None" (Start New Game - The Galaxy step)
  • SilverMist creature now only appears if Disaster events are enabled (Start New Game - Victory Conditions step) AND space creature prevalence is not "None" (Start New Game - The Galaxy step)

RACES AND CHARACTERS
  • increased chance of random character generation when no characters of particular type in empire (e.g. scientists)
  • allowed Naxxilian race to research Armor

USER INTERFACE
  • improved mouse cursor display in Research screen (no flickering)
  • altered description of invasion forces at colony in Selection Panel: include population in total defenders, but in brackets indicate population strength

MODDING
  • fixed bug where special government types could not be selected in Start New Game screen for Other Empires when a custom theme is active

OTHER
  • advisors now check whether Terraforming Facility exists at colony before recommending building a new one
  • fixed occasional situation where trading some techs would not work

1.7.0.1 Changes
1.7.0.2 Changes
1.7.0.3 Changes

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 10:06:01 PM   
Kruos

Yeeeeees! Thank you guys! (I was waiting for some hours... :P)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 10:35:33 PM   
Locarnus

My commands to fleets/ships are still overwritten by the computer.

Its thus still unplayable and I will wait for the next patch.

(in reply to Kruos)
Post #: 3
RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 10:39:21 PM   
Nedrear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

• I can't comprehend this change... the gas extractors - considering the double cap on gas in general - are already more than twice capable than a normal mining device and you increased it? I never need more than 3 to reach max...

Maybe you wanted this to prevent a complete overhaul of AI designs?

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

Post #: 4
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 10:42:21 PM   
    Fideach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Locarnus

I agree with this, but I do appreciate a lot of these additions and fixes. Some of them I was just thinking of asking for myself! Thanks guys!

(in reply to Locarnus)
    Post #: 5
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 10:43:59 PM   
    Locarnus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

• I can't comprehend this change... the gas extractors - considering the double cap on gas in general - are already more than twice capable than a normal mining device and you increased it? I never need more than 3 to reach max...

Maybe you wanted this to prevent a complete overhaul of AI designs?

yep, I think the main problem with the fuel is, that the computer sends 10 ships to get steel for your main colony, each transporting miniscule amounts, and no freighter transports fuel to your homeworld (from the gas giant your homeworld is orbiting) to refuel those 10 steel freighters (with 9 of them being useless and only consuming fuel, since everything they transport would fit in 1 freighter).

(in reply to Nedrear)
    Post #: 6
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 10:45:25 PM   
    WiZz

Are old saves working?

(in reply to Nedrear)
    Post #: 7
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 10:48:07 PM   
    Fideach

old saves usually work with the patches, it just takes a few game years for all the updates to kick in.

Though some of the changes they list of course, wont effect anything except new games.

(in reply to WiZz)
    Post #: 8
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 10:50:56 PM   
    HercMighty

Mine crashes everytime at startup right when "fuelling pirate ships" comes up on the load screen....

Post #: 9
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 10:55:47 PM   
    Erik Rutins

quote:

It's perfectly playable here. I understand you are exaggerating to bring attention to this issue, but a bug report with a save would help us a lot more.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
    CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Locarnus)
    Post #: 10
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 10:57:28 PM   
    Erik Rutins

Hi HercMighty,

quote:

ORIGINAL: HercMighty
    Mine crashes everytime at startup right when "fuelling pirate ships" comes up on the load screen....

It's working fine here, could you please try a reinstall?

If it continues to crash, please post the crash dump log for us. You can find it in the folder under your saved games folder.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
    CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to HercMighty)
    Post #: 11
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 11:11:43 PM   
    HercMighty

Looking for the save game folder...know where it should be?

Do I need to just re-install Legends or all three? Don't know if I have the installs for the other two...have to go look, was never good at that. Hope someday Matrix has a Impulse or Steam client...that is one nice feature...

Post #: 12
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 11:19:06 PM   
    Shadowsage

Is there an alternate mirror for the beta? My University won't let me download here. :(

Post #: 13
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 11:31:37 PM   
    mikeCK

Erik, just confirming that these patches are cumulative? I was playing 1.7.0.0 and have not patched...so all I need is the 1.7.0.4 correct?

(in reply to Shadowsage)
    Post #: 14
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 11:47:32 PM   
    Nedrear

quote:

yep, I think the main problem with the fuel is, that the computer sends 10 ships to get steel for your main colony, each transporting miniscule amounts, and no freighter transports fuel to your homeworld (from the gas giant your homeworld is orbiting) to refuel those 10 steel freighters (with 9 of them being useless and only consuming fuel, since everything they transport would fit in 1 freighter).

We are right, what does a gas extractor on a ship or station have to do with steel being mined overproportional and in bad amounts which needs refueling? The problems are solved with new AI scripts and new pre designs. Tweaking the overpowered extractors to be more powered is useless.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to Locarnus)
    Post #: 15
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/2/2011 11:48:50 PM   
    HercMighty

Erik,

Dunno starting working now...Can I find a way to get a copy of the Return expansion file? I have my original DW and the Legends expansion but not that one...just in case I got to do a re-install?

(in reply to mikeCK)
    Post #: 16
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 12:01:41 AM   
    WoodMan

quote:

What automation settings are you using?  If something is set to automatic, then the computer is going to control it, set it to manual.

Been playing for two years here and to be completely honest I have not the slightest clue what you are talking about

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to HercMighty)
    Post #: 17
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 12:10:37 AM   
    HectorOfTroy

I echo Woodman.

(in reply to WoodMan)
    Post #: 18
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 12:17:50 AM   
    Eystein_hansen

Awesome. Now if we have a highscore screen  I would be one happy customer :)

(in reply to HectorOfTroy)
    Post #: 19
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 12:33:10 AM   
    WoodMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

quote:

What automation settings are you using?  If something is set to automatic, then the computer is going to control it, set it to manual.

Been playing for two years here and to be completely honest I have not the slightest clue what you are talking about

Sorry,

Unless you are talking about ships refueling in the middle of a fight. Reason: ships can not fire weapons or recharge shields without fuel

or

Ships ignoring your attack command because they are fleeing. Reason: Your crews are not suicidal.

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to WoodMan)
    Post #: 20
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 12:34:19 AM   
    Seraphim_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: HercMighty

Do I need to just re-install Legends or all three? Don't know if I have the installs for the other two...have to go look, was never good at that. Hope someday Matrix has a Impulse or Steam client...that is one nice feature...

You can find save games in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Code Force Limited\ (For Win Vista but similar pathway on i.e. XP)

And have you played around with the custom themes any? Know I managed to break my game once or twice when it tried to load my theme on startup after I'd changed one thing too many.

(in reply to HercMighty)
    Post #: 21
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 12:58:30 AM   
    WoodMan

quote:

Hey Herc, maybe Erik meant to just reinstall the patch?

Are you a member of the members club?  If so you can click on "members" at the top of the forum, then click My Orders in the list of links on the right, then it should list your purchases and there is a "download" option

(in reply to Seraphim_slith)
    Post #: 22
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 2:07:07 AM   
    ASHBERY76

quote:

You are one negative dude.

(in reply to Locarnus)
    Post #: 23
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 2:32:08 AM   
    LeonTheNeon

quote:

RESEARCH

increased number of research labs on AI designs for research stations and medium space port

empires now start the game with a research station, allowing them to reach Research output sooner

Did you guys research mind-reading? I was just coming on to post that the AI is too slow at researching.

Looks like a great patch.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
    Post #: 24
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 4:55:47 AM   
    Hawawaa

You guys ain't human... as in you guys rock busting out update after update! Thanks for all your hard work. Enjoy the new expansion. 

Can't wait for future updates and expansions!

(in reply to LeonTheNeon)
    Post #: 25
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 4:58:48 AM   
    alhscw

quote:

Have you adjusted the "Range" setting for your fleets? It defaults to "Anywhere". I set mine to "System", but you might prefer "Target." This intially threw me for a loop as my carefully placed guard fleets where heading off all over the place to fight any creatures my explorers discovered. Quite frustrating until I changed this fleet setting.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Locarnus)
    Post #: 26
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 5:01:12 AM   
    Gelatinous Cube

quote:

Huh? Have you tried digging deeper in the settings? There's a ton of different things that change fleet behaviour, from something as simple as not hitting the little "automate" button, or your empire policy settings, or even the way you designed your ship to behave. My ships always do what I tell them to do, as long as it doesn't contradict what i've told them to do automatically.

(in reply to Locarnus)
    Post #: 27
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 6:08:46 AM   
    Tanaka

Wow great improvements thanks!!!

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
    Post #: 28
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 7:09:18 AM   
    tjhkkr

Thank you again CodeForce, Matrix!!!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Tanaka)
    Post #: 29
    RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/3/2011 7:16:36 AM   
    tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

I have seen it; it happens to me all the time... when my ships are fleeing. I cannot get them to jump into hyperspace for an escape.
    It maybe fixed in 1.7.0.03 or 1.7.0.04. I agree I should not be able to turn them around to launch an attack when they are all shot up...

If it is an issue, I will be happy to save it and upload it. I am not really complaining about it... Erik will know what I mean when I say after playing squadleader for years, I am use to my troops not always doing what I ask.
    [Example: Sherman comes down the road, and my 4.6.8 squad does not fire a panzerfaust at it... sigh].
    But if it is a help, I will save it next time it happens... and I do not know if it will under 1.7.0.03 or 1.7.0.04.

Please let me know...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to WoodMan)
    Post #: 30
    Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Available! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI