Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/5/2011 6:36:58 PM   
Chet Guiles

The new feature which allows us to select a series of designs in the ship design screen to delete is excellent. But the color highlighting becomes totally meanbingless the minute we do a mass update for a new technology, since updated (not only user-created) designs all turn red. I think there should be something to discriminbate those changes made to update tech, and those made by a user to create or mod a ship design. Maybe when we use the "Edit as New" feature it could turn red, but any general update to new tech should not change color. The first time we update all our ships for better shields or a new weapon, the feature ceases to be of any value. All red is just the same as all white.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 61
RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/5/2011 6:44:38 PM   
Wolfe1759

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gelatinous Cube

Also, for all those people wondering why they're explorers aren't exploring: Are you at war!?

During war, some of your automated explorers will scout out enemy systems, instead of exploring the map. You can bias the AI towards exploration by changing the exploration priority in the policy settings.

Thanks GC - I was at war and therefore this seems to be what was happening - the concept of Explorers acting as military scouts does seem quiet appropriate - I'll have a look at my priority settings.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 62
RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/5/2011 9:07:46 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wolfe

quote:

Also, for all those people wondering why they're explorers aren't exploring: Are you at war!?

During war, some of your automated explorers will scout out enemy systems, instead of exploring the map. You can bias the AI towards exploration by changing the exploration priority in the policy settings.

Thanks GC - I was at war and therefore this seems to be what was happening - the concept of Explorers acting as military scouts does seem quiet appropriate - I'll have a look at my priority settings.

Yeah, no problem. I've also been meaning to post a comprehensive guide to using fleet posture properly, but my screenshots aren't showing up in the folder that they're supposedly going to...

(in reply to Wolfe1759)
Post #: 63
RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/5/2011 10:44:21 PM   
Webbco

I'd be very interested to reading a guide for fleet posturing...looking forward to it G Cube!

Post #: 64
RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/6/2011 11:20:04 PM   
hewwo

Ok, so is this a bug or a feature?

I'm human, and not very far away from my home world I find the independent colony sol. Obviously, I build a colony ship to add it to my Awesome Empire. Unfortunately, sol declares itself an empire! Oke, cool, I'll just invade the living daylights out of them. While I build my fleet I colonize a planet halfway between sol and my homeworld, but CLEARLY inside my zone of influence. And immediately they rebel and join Sol. WTF? No puny human defies my divine right to rule! In no time my mighty battlefleed pummels the defences of Sol. I land my invasion force. Within 5 seconds EVERY planet in my empire rebels and joins Sol. Including my homeworld. What what?

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 65
RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/6/2011 11:34:37 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

Might want to check your happiness. When you're at war with an empire, then all your pops who are of that empire's race will be unhappy. Even if you're both human!

Solution: Lower Taxes immediately after declaring war. You can go through all of your colonies in the colonies screen, and set the taxes manually according to the various modifiers and whatnot. It is much more efficient than letting the AI handle taxes, and much more sensible too. For example, if you are letting the AI control your taxes, chances are you have the "Raise taxes during war" checkbox checked, which is exactly what you don't want in this situation.

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 66
RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/7/2011 12:26:59 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Hewwo,

That does seem a bit harsh. A save file would be very helpful for us if you have one. Could you upload one per the instructions here please?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2415085

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 67
RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/7/2011 4:47:11 AM   
the1sean

quote:

Might want to check your happiness. When you're at war with an empire, then all your pops who are of that empire's race will be unhappy. Even if you're both human!

Solution: Lower Taxes immediately after declaring war. You can go through all of your colonies in the colonies screen, and set the taxes manually according to the various modifiers and whatnot. It is much more efficient than letting the AI handle taxes, and much more sensible too. For example, if you are letting the AI control your taxes, chances are you have the "Raise taxes during war" checkbox checked, which is exactly what you don't want in this situation.

I fear that Gelatinous Cube is dead on, the happiness penalty for being at war with members of your own (or any race withing your empire) is pretty big. Mix that with the wartime tax rates and you have a recipe for disaster. What Government type are you running???

Post #: 68
RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Av... - 12/7/2011 9:05:36 AM   
hewwo

ah, tax settings. Makes sense. Thanks very much for the answers. I'll look in to that next time I can play. Erik: I uploaded the save file

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.0.4 Public Beta Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI