Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Allies land on Luzon!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Allies land on Luzon!! Page: <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 9:17:27 AM   
Encircled

Are you sure you want to bother with Malaya?

If you can get troops down into Cam Ranh Bay, with your advances up into Borneo, you can squeeze him that way.

He can hold Java and Sumatra to the end of the game, but if he can't get the fuel out, its not going to bother you one iota.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1891
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 10:55:42 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: Encircled

Are you sure you want to bother with Malaya?

If you can get troops down into Cam Ranh Bay, with your advances up into Borneo, you can squeeze him that way.

He can hold Java and Sumatra to the end of the game, but if he can't get the fuel out, its not going to bother you one iota.

Not really sure no!

Troops will reach Cam Ranh Bay before the year is up hopefully. But Singers is...Singers! The jewel of the east and all that.

My thinking here is that I anticipate Malaya to be almost empty of troops. If Erik follows his MO he will simply pile everything he has in the region at Singers and leave everything else almost empty. If that is true I can secure Malaya minus Singers in a month or two.

And there is a VERY important reason I want singers. The 71 points of repair yard. That would mean I can repair ANYTHING locally instead of sending it to WC.

But you are right. Malaya isn´t really "needed" and 3-4000 extra AV would surely help in the Chinese adventure. I have started a recon campaign over Malaya. I´ll await results from that before making up my mind!

Thanks for the input!

(in reply to Encircled)
Post #: 1892
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 12:19:36 PM   
JocMeister

28th November -44

As expected a stillness falls over the whole map. With the exception of some allied sweeps in Thailand almost nothing happens. Very odd to watch the replay and waiting for something to blow up and it doesn´t! Felt like back in 42.

But behind the scenes the allied juggernaut gathers strength.

------------------------
Mindanao
------------------------

A massive, massive convoy arrives at Cotabato. 180.000 troops, 450.000 fuel and 1,2 million supply starts unloading. This is the fuel that will set Luzon ablaze. Among the troops are the armor (14 units) and artillery (8 units including 3 Corps Artillery RGTs) from the Marianas, a Marine RGT that will allow the 6th Marine division to rebuild. A flame tank battalion and lots and lots of other goodies. This will be put to good use during the inevitable Manila siege.

Now that the CVs have provided convoy security they will stand down for a 21 day refit. This will be done at a secure location well out of Erik recon. Luckily the refit doesn´t require a shipyard so I can pretty much do this anywhere. The upgrade will add 310 AA value so its certainly worth it. I have already put it off for too long.

------------------------
Marianas
------------------------

A lot of BFs, 2 Air HQs and other support troops have finished unloading at Tinian. They will now be distributed on the 3 bases and made ready to receive almost 200 B29-25s that will start the Strategic night bombing campaign over the HI. First strikes are scheduled before the year is up.

------------------------
Pearl Harbor
------------------------

The CVE fleet is finished refitting. 48 CVEs (1500 AC) will soon start the journey towards Mindanao. I have completely changed the setup of my CVE Fleet. Now they are setup in 12 CVE ship TFs.
8 - Fighter CVEs
2 - DB CVEs
2 - TB CVEs

I lack DB squadrons though so 2 of the TFs have 4 TB CVEs instead of 2TB/2DB.

They are joined by some really big guns as the Iowa, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Missouri and Alabama moves with them!
A newly formed CV division will also move with this lot. They will of course be followed by another giant convoy mostly carrying supply and fuel.

------------------------
DEI
------------------------

The only action that took place was actually a small naval battle around Flores. I normally don´t post small battles like this but given the lack of other exciting stuff I might as well!

quote:

Night Time Surface Combat, near Waingapoe at 63,113, Range 10,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
E W-14, Shell hits 20, and is sunk
APD T-2, Shell hits 6, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
LST T-106, Shell hits 2, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
LST T-107, Shell hits 4, and is sunk
LST T-108, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
LST T-109, Shell hits 7, Torpedo hits 2, and is sunk
LST T-112, Shell hits 3, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk

Allied Ships
DD Bell
DD Black
DD Boyd
DD Clarence Bronson
DD Halligan
DD Lewis Hancock
DD Hickox
DD Hunt
DD Duncan
DD Harding
DD Doyle

Sadly, no troops on board.

EDIT: I just checked out the Flame Tank in the editor. Jesus christ! It has an Anti Soft of 96! For people not used to looking at the numbers like that I can tell you a SU-152 Assault gun has AS of 52. So 96 is pretty spectacular and in fact the highest of any AFV!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 9/27/2013 12:34:45 PM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1893
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 12:30:02 PM   
ny59giants

Strategic bombing campaign - When you start to hit the Home Islands, what priority will you have have for targets?? Heavy Industry, Refineries, Airframes and Engines (which ones)....

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1894
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 12:47:43 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Strategic bombing campaign - When you start to hit the Home Islands, what priority will you have have for targets?? Heavy Industry, Refineries, Airframes and Engines (which ones)....

This campaign will be a night bombing one. Its just not possible to do a daylight campaign as I would lose a month worth of replacements per bombing. Specific targeting is too powerful at night so I will try and avoid it. But if I start to take unsustainable losses even at night I will consider changing to it.

So I think I will just go for Manpower for now. Input?

But considering the night bombing campaign... if I find his night fighter factories I will hit them with no remorse!

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1895
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 12:52:57 PM   
catwhoorg

Manpower, start fires that damage everything, seems like a good way to go.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1896
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 2:58:01 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: catwhoorg

Manpower, start fires that damage everything, seems like a good way to go.

Agree. And fire-destroyed can't be repaired.

Pick the closest targets to keep fatigue down, but targets with good Manpower numbers. A bigger Manpower base seems to burn better than a large base which has a low Manpower total to start. Maybe just an impression . . .

Watch your B-29 Planes tab like a hawk. Airframe fatigue will lose you a lot of planes if you don't stand down at these ranges. Pilot fatigue makes them not fly; airplane fatigue makes them crash and burn.

The Moose

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 1897
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 3:54:15 PM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Grollub, Bullwinkle,

Solid info! Thanks guys!

EDIT: The problem here as I see it is that they do move at "move speed". I just tried it and "off road" an ID is moving at a rate of 5 in Jungle. When I switch them to "reserve" they still move at 5.

Is that really intended? Going by what Grollub posted from the manual they should get a penalty to movement rate?

EDIT2. Now that I reread what Grollub posted the line about movement seem to be about rest mode and not reserve mode?

'Rest' mode is when there are no enemy in the hex. 'Reserve' mode is when there are enemy in the hex.

If they do move at the move rate you should post a save for Michael as that sounds like a bug.

Can you wait until I get out of China?

Thankfully bombing you from the air still reverts you to Combat .

Hey, not ALL of them are in Reserve. Some are in Move.

Go away. Nothing to see here.

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 1898
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 3:57:14 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

Grollub, Bullwinkle,

Solid info! Thanks guys!

EDIT: The problem here as I see it is that they do move at "move speed". I just tried it and "off road" an ID is moving at a rate of 5 in Jungle. When I switch them to "reserve" they still move at 5.

Is that really intended? Going by what Grollub posted from the manual they should get a penalty to movement rate?

EDIT2. Now that I reread what Grollub posted the line about movement seem to be about rest mode and not reserve mode?

'Rest' mode is when there are no enemy in the hex. 'Reserve' mode is when there are enemy in the hex.

If they do move at the move rate you should post a save for Michael as that sounds like a bug.

Can you wait until I get out of China?

Thankfully bombing you from the air still reverts you to Combat .

Hey, not ALL of them are in Reserve. Some are in Move.

Go away. Nothing to see here.

You know nothing is moving in China in our game except red stuff.

The Moose

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 1899
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 4:32:44 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

Pick the closest targets to keep fatigue down, but targets with good Manpower numbers. A bigger Manpower base seems to burn better than a large base which has a low Manpower total to start. Maybe just an impression . . .

Watch your B-29 Planes tab like a hawk. Airframe fatigue will lose you a lot of planes if you don't stand down at these ranges. Pilot fatigue makes them not fly; airplane fatigue makes them crash and burn.

But that is only if they are destroyed in a fire storm. Right?

I have been sandboxing this a little. It seems VERY hard to achieve a firestorm. At least at night!

Post #: 1900
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 4:45:51 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

quote:

But that is only if they are destroyed in a fire storm. Right?

I have been sandboxing this a little. It seems VERY hard to achieve a firestorm. At least at night!

Yeah, but so far as I know "firestorm" has never been defined.

If you're sandboxing do us all a favor and play one H-to-H and see if industry repair is an option after any destruction by fire, and if so what levels.

The Moose

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1901
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 5:12:59 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

If you're sandboxing do us all a favor and play one H-to-H and see if industry repair is an option after any destruction by fire, and if so what levels.

I may be wrong here but I seem to recall seeing a screenshot where the mouseover showed "FIRESTORM"? Could it be from one of aztez AARs?

Post #: 1902
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 6:44:34 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

quote:

I may be wrong here but I seem to recall seeing a screenshot where the mouseover showed "FIRESTORM"? Could it be from one of aztez AARs?

Maybe. I've never seen it. In AI games I've had Fires at about 500,000 in the HI. The manual talks about levels in the millions.

The Moose

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1903
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 6:54:20 PM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe. I've never seen it. In AI games I've had Fires at about 500,000 in the HI. The manual talks about levels in the millions.

I think its based on the target. The manual says the greater the target manpower - the easier it is to get a fire storm going.

TTFN,

Mike

Post #: 1904
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 7:02:02 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think its based on the target. The manual says the greater the target manpower - the easier it is to get a fire storm going.

That makes sense, but it would still be nice to have some boundaries. The issue is non-trivial in a late-war VP sense.

The Moose

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 1905
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 7:09:10 PM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That makes sense, but it would still be nice to have some boundaries. The issue is non-trivial in a late-war VP sense.

Well - wind might make a difference too... And dry weather...

Actually - if you keep targeting the hex I think the fires merge together. The level is divided by 10 every 12 hours as the fire is put out so the only way I can see a firestorm getting to that size (as high as 40 million)is continual bombardment. Ordnance probably makes a difference too - so 4E are probably gunna be more effective than 2E.

Added: Day bomb, Night bomb, rinse and repeat...

< Message edited by 1EyedJacks -- 9/27/2013 7:11:13 PM >

TTFN,

Mike

Post #: 1906
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/27/2013 9:17:01 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

Actually - if you keep targeting the hex I think the fires merge together. The level is divided by 10 every 12 hours as the fire is put out so the only way I can see a firestorm getting to that size (as high as 40 million)is continual bombardment. Ordnance probably makes a difference too - so 4E are probably gunna be more effective than 2E.

Added: Day bomb, Night bomb, rinse and repeat...

Thats excellent info! Thank you for sharing!

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 1907
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/28/2013 2:20:11 AM   
JeffroK

Its been very interesting to read back through the last 20 pages, well done in getting back into such a superior position.

Some comments on questions/strategies.

You mention "more B29 arriving, where do I use them. - Have you any bases in India/Burma which can fit them in? As well as hitting the deathstar you could also hit Saigon, Cam Rahn Bay, Haiphong, Singapore etc to support your move through IndoChina or Malaya.

Where to go after Luzon? - I'd add my vote to Formosa, with a next stage of moving along the island chaind through Okinawa towards Anami Oshima. Cherry pick the island with smaller garrisons and leave the big ones to wither.

There were suggestions of Honk Kong and push on Chunking, seems to be heading in the wrong direction!

After Formosa, maybe some Chinese port bases which are not on the rail net to support a puch out of North Vietnam if that fits your strategy.

PS Support Erik if he gets despondent to the Allied Steamroller. While the AFB goes through this in 1942 he has a shining light in the coming years, the only shining light the JFB has gets dropped from a B29!

< Message edited by JeffK -- 9/28/2013 10:48:29 PM >

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1908
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/28/2013 11:51:04 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

Its been very interesting to read back through the last 20 days, well done in getting back into such a superior position.

Some comments on questions/strategies.

You mention "more B29 arriving, where do I use them. - Have you any bases in India/Burma which can fit them in? As well as hitting the deathstar you could also hit Saigon, Cam Rahn Bay, Haiphong, Singapore etc to support your move through IndoChina or Malaya.

Where to go after Luzon? - I'd add my vote to Formosa, with a next stage of moving along the island chaind through Okinawa towards Anami Oshima. Cherry pick the island with smaller garrisons and leave the big ones to wither.

There were suggestions of Honk Kong and push on Chunking, seems to be heading in the wrong direction!

After Formosa, maybe some Chinese port bases which are not on the rail net to support a puch out of North Vietnam if that fits your strategy.

PS Support Erik if he gets despondent to the Allied Steamroller. While the AFB goes through this in 1942 he has a shining light in the coming years, the only shining light the JFB has gets dropped from a B29!

Hi Jeff!

Yes, I have sufficient infrastructure in place to base B29 in Rangoon atm. But most of the stuff in range have already been bombed in a prior B29 campaign. I rebased the B29s from India to Mindanao just a month ago.

I´m glad many here agree with my assessment of Formosa being a good next target. I still havn´t decided and may skip a Formosa landing and go straight for something in mainland China. As I mentioned earlier to get the Chinese army in supply would be a wet dream come true!

Erik has be a model opponent. And probably a better sport than I deserve. We have had our differences but almost always can sort them out. And if you havn´t been able to we still have a sound respect for eachother. He has put up with a lot of crying and me feeling sorry for myself through this game. Yet he has hardly mentioned the (almost) certain loss of 15 divisions in Thailand. If that had happened to me I would probably lay sobbing in the shower in a fetus position for 2 weeks.

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN0XRkSyhwM

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 1909
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/28/2013 2:08:54 PM   
JocMeister

28th-29th November -44

The eerie calm continues. But some interesting things in Thailand.

------------------------
Mindanao/Luzon
------------------------

The first troops will probably enter Manila within two weeks. Right now we shuttle troops from Cotabato/Iloilo to Luzon.

------------------------
Marianas
------------------------

I´ve started a small "air bridge" between Wake and Tinian. I have 2 empty CVEs parked outside Wake. The short legged Hellcats can now jump via the CVEs to Tinian where there is no plenty of AS.

------------------------
Thailand
------------------------

Interesting happenings. Erik has turned his superstack around to the NE instead. He probably realised I will close the hexside before he can shift. While this move gets him even farther away from his lines its the only logical one. Had he not shifted he would have been completely surrounded within a single hex in 2 weeks. This is a nuisance for me as I have to keep more troops in the area to make sure he doesn´t escape. I do have a plan though as outline in the screen.

Looks like Erik is definitely out of supplies. I have been able to drop down to 10k with the 4Es and losses are are just 3 damaged 4Es and roughly 1000 casualties caused in the last turn!

Sorry for the REALLY crappy screen. Didn´t turn out very well and I don´t have time to redo it. I´ll do better next time!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 9/30/2013 8:34:52 PM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1910
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/28/2013 6:37:56 PM   
JocMeister

Bunker Hill

I forgot to mention the good news! She arrived at Seattle where she will have the whole shipyard dedicated for her alone. In just two months she will return to combat! Very happy with this as I expected a lot longer after taking two TTs.

I also have some very nice reinforcements coming online in just a few days.

Bennington - 21 Days
Randolph - 22 Days
Shangri La - 56 Days
Indefatigable (81 AC Capacity) - ETA Sarmi 18 Days

This together with Bunker Hill will add 441 Carrier aircraft to the next major Allied amphibious OP. Not too shabby. Thats half a KB (whats left of it)!

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1911
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/28/2013 8:21:35 PM   
JocMeister

Luzon

I put together a screen of the situation. Luckily this one turned out a little bit better then my last screen!

Judging by what Erik has at Luzon this is probably pretty much what he has left. The only other major troops concentration I have found is 65k troops on Formosa. And that is small potato at this stage of the game. I´m quite happy Erik has decided to make Luzon a major effort. Its close to some excellent allied bases and only a few days sailing from the main allied port of the SW/SOPAC front (Cotabato).

I think Manila will be a beast to deal with. But with most of Erik AA stuck in Thailand my 4Es will hopefully have almost a free reign once Manila AF is closed. Most of the allied Arty will gather here to help pound Manilla to pulp. While it is in no way necessary for me to secure the base having the repair shipyard would be oh, so sweet!

I won´t burn myself trying to secure it though. If it proves too tough I will simply bypass it. The real price is not Luzon. I just need some bases here to help with the next jump. Its still too far away from the HI to REALLY matter.

I´m again nearing the point where the coil has reached full tension and is ready to explode. But I need to be patient. I lack a lot of the pieces to the puzzle. And rather than taking a chance and do something that could end in disaster I´m going to hedge my bet and wait until success is inevitable. There will be some smaller amphibious landings before 44 is up. But the main show won´t be until 45.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1912
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/28/2013 10:22:36 PM   
DOCUP

Box him up in the PIs hold him tight land on Formosa and let his troops rot in the PI as you move towards Tokyo.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1913
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/28/2013 10:57:25 PM   
JeffroK

Agree,

Take the easy land in south Luzon, land in the north at Aparri, Laoag and grab Vigan & Tugararao. Extra bases on Batan Is & the other one??.

Bring in your big invasion and feint for Lingayen but take a right and land on Formosa. Only take Hengnam as an extra airfield, it takes months to move from there to Takao.

You mention China again, what is of any value there? Great sideshow/diversion but a worse road/rail net than Burma.

If I recallyou have a ceasefire in China, what agreement did you have?

Add that to maskirovska about a landing site, Ask if HK is considered part of the ceasefire

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1914
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/29/2013 1:57:44 AM   
DOCUP

Oh, I like the HK part.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 1915
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/29/2013 12:49:32 PM   
ny59giants

Can we get into Manila Bay with a Bombardment TF to lay waste to his airforce?? How many old, slow BBs do you have left?? Don't forget to include DMS in TF.

Like others have mentioned, be MacArthur and by-pass some of his strongholds like Manila and keep moving forward.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1916
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/29/2013 3:05:36 PM   
JocMeister

Hi guys!

There will be some bypassing. As I wrote I´m preparing for the next big jump. ETA mid January. Right now I´m looking into the possibility of 2 major landings early 45. The second one looks hard though as much of my troops will be tied up on Luzon. I may find a way though! Stay tuned for target(s)!

Sorry for the lack of updates and answer. Have my nose buried in the books for the exam tomorrow morning. Electric architecture and delivery systems. Fun fun fun!

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1917
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 9/30/2013 8:38:52 PM   
JocMeister

30th November -44

Another quiet turn. Only action was in Thailand.

------------------------
Thailand
------------------------

Erik flew in some supply to his stack. Not much though. Despite being down at 10k now I only lost 8 4Es and 4 2Es. So I´ll keep going. I´ll probably do the first deliberate attack in a couple of days. Just a feeler to see in what shape his stack seems to be. Erik is still sitting at Bangkok.

Thats about it. Crazy silent right now.

No screen as there is nothing to show!

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1918
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 10/1/2013 10:27:24 AM   
JocMeister

1st-2nd December -44

Some action these two turns. I have some interesting ideas I might try in the coming days.

------------------------
Thailand
------------------------

Erik does some random sweeps nailing some of my LRCAP. I don´t like that and he actually wins today with 12-21 in A2A losses. Well two can play that game...Plan for tomorrow is to stand down the LRCAP and see if he goes all in with a massive sweep.

For now I have been happy to let Bangkok be. Erik have 600 Fighters there that he doesn´t dare do anything but pure CAP. He sweeps with a Frank group and a small Sam unit but everything else is on CAP. So in essence the base if sort of shut down.

He also does some bombing of my armor using Graces and Peggys. I´m happy with that. I´m going to let him as I want to encourage him to keep his bomber force here.

The superstack is once again out of supply. I´m going to try a deliberate here tomorrow and see how it does. My thinking here is that even if I do take lots of losses I can recover them. Erik can´t. So each destroyed or disabled squad will remain in that state.

------------------------
Okinawa (Felt really good writing that)
------------------------

I have been doing some long range recon lately trying to get a sense of Erik defenses. One thing I did find out is that Naha is virtually empty (20.000 troops). But I also found a HOARD of subs last turn. Taking a bit of a chance I sent in the B29s on a unescorted port strike. Boom?

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on Naha , at 95,66

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid detected at 79 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 24 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-29-1 Superfort x 83

Allied aircraft losses
B-29-1 Superfort: 4 damaged

Japanese Ships
SS I-11, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk
SS I-48, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk
SS I-9, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk
SS RO-47, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk
SS RO-66, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk

SS RO-56, Bomb hits 3, heavy damage
SS I-45, Bomb hits 4, and is sunk
SS I-19, Bomb hits 2, heavy damage
SS RO-46, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk
SS RO-36, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk
SS RO-107, Bomb hits 1, and is sunk
SS RO-109, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk

SS RO-55, Bomb hits 2, heavy damage
SS RO-42, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk
SS I-47, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk
SS RO-45, Bomb hits 1, heavy damage
SS I-37, Bomb hits 3, heavy damage
SS I-173, Bomb hits 1
AG Kiyoshima Maru, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
SS RO-48, Bomb hits 1
SS I-164, Bomb hits 1, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raid detected at 64 NM, estimated altitude 10,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 19 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-29-1 Superfort x 12

Allied aircraft losses
B-29-1 Superfort: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
SS I-164, Bomb hits 1, and is sunk
SS I-19, Bomb hits 1, heavy damage
SS I-39, Bomb hits 2, heavy damage

Raid detected at 52 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 16 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-29-1 Superfort x 13

Allied aircraft losses
B-29-1 Superfort: 4 damaged
B-29-1 Superfort: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
SS RO-48, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk
SS I-173, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk
SS RO-45, Bomb hits 1, and is sunk
SS RO-55, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk
SS I-39, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk
SS RO-49, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk
SS RO-56, and is sunk

Raid detected at 70 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 21 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-29-1 Superfort x 6

Allied aircraft losses
B-29-1 Superfort: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
AG Kiyoshima Maru, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
SS I-19, and is sunk
SS I-37, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk

No subs are found in the morning after. Quite pleased with that. In addition to this I also found a big BB TF sitting at Naha. Erik is probably going to try a "kamikaze" attack with them. They are extremely hard to use in this stage of the war and I bet Erik would exchange his 10 BBs for 4 CAs in a heartbeat. The BBs are simply too slow to much use outside of atoll suppression or TT magnets. Just like in the real war actually!

Turns are going to be slow this week as Erik is on Iceland (lucky bastard!). He was hoping he could send a turn each evening and I got one last night. So it does look like some turns will be done.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1919
RE: Allies land on Luzon!! - 10/1/2013 10:40:34 AM   
JocMeister

Bangkok

Look like Erik is really going to make a stand here. Not sure if its a good idea or not. I guess we will find out in a few weeks!

What I do know is that its a very bad idea to try and defend a clear hex. It sure looks like that exactly what Erik is trying to do. Tomorrow he will see why thats a bad idea!

He will reach the hex before my crossing troops will as I still have 4 days left. If it looks like he is shifting a lot I will postpone the crossing. I don´t have any support troops crossing right now. Only 5 IDs and the SEA command HQ. But Arty, HQs and combat engineers are moving down the road and will arrive in about 2 weeks. It might be worth the wait.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1920
Page:   <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Allies land on Luzon!! Page: <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI