Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Suggestions / requests

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> RE: Suggestions / requests Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Suggestions / requests - 8/15/2012 5:20:58 PM   
Toby42

I have trouble seeing the color schemes when a HQ is selected and finding the sub-ordinate units. Some are Ok and some are hard to see. Same thing with finding all units of a division. The highlighting is hard to find at times. Also during the snow turns I find it hard to see what hexes a unit can move to?

Maybe it's my eyes? I haven't read where anyone else is having problems with this

Tony

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 121
Bad color schemes. Not bright and crisp - 8/15/2012 6:55:06 PM   
Templer_12

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treale

I have trouble seeing the color schemes when a HQ is selected and finding the sub-ordinate units. Some are Ok and some are hard to see. Same thing with finding all units of a division.

Maybe it's my eyes? I haven't read where anyone else is having problems with this

No, it's not you eyes!
Provided we do not both use the same pair of eyes!

The color schemes are almost useless.
They idea ist right but these color edges, lighten up when you select a HQ or a regiment are are not bright enough!
WitE doning a much better job on this. It's bright and crisp there! thats the way to go.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 122
RE: Bad color schemes. Not bright and crisp - 8/15/2012 6:56:19 PM   
Templer_12

deleted

< Message edited by Templer -- 8/21/2012 4:30:36 PM >

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 123
RE: Bad color schemes. Not bright and crisp - 8/16/2012 12:18:29 AM   
stormbringer3

I'd like to see Mountain units have a move and/or combat bonus in the appropriate terrain.

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 124
Suggestions / requests - 8/16/2012 2:32:37 PM   
Templer_12

Suggestions / requests

Why we may deploy airfields only in smaller towns and villages and not in an open area?

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 125
RE: Suggestions / requests - 8/20/2012 5:47:01 AM   
Keunert

Suggestions

Reinforcements HQ attachement choice: whenever you place reinforcements there could be an OOB screen popping up where you can choose the HQ of the new unit.

i currently play the soviet in a pbem and have to reinforce Rostow. there are several HQ there and it is always assigned to the nearest. it makes things complicated: placing units, reassigning them paying readiness and PP to do so.

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 126
RE: Suggestions / requests - 8/21/2012 2:39:24 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

A couple minor suggestions:

1. While the Soviet AI is playing its turn, I can see its Prestige goals on the map. At least, I think I can. I see various cities with PR points in red, and they don't correspond with my goals. Vic, would you consider hiding this prestige info from the player, to preserve fog of war? I don't think I'm supposed to know what my opponent's Prestige goals, am I? Not a big deal.

excellent point! putting this on the list for v1.03

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius and Keunert

2. When I play a reinforcement card, it automatically assigns the new unit to whatever HQ happens to be closest to the chosen city. Often I end up "gaming" which city to choose to avoid sticking the unit with a politically-connected HQ that will cost Political Points to leave. Any chance we could manually assign a reinforcement's HQ when it arrives?

Yes i agree the current way is cumbersome. I'll investigate if i can make some improvement here for v1.03.

Best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 127
RE: Suggestions / requests - 8/21/2012 2:46:27 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templer

Suggestions / requests

Why we may deploy airfields only in smaller towns and villages and not in an open area?

Its an abstraction. That also gives the towns some more importance.

For modders: It is possible to make a card similair to 'fortification' that will build an airbase on a hex.

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 128
RE: Suggestions / requests - 8/21/2012 2:47:54 PM   
Vic

@Treale,
Looking into if i can make the colors a bit more clear.

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 129
RE: Suggestions / requests - 8/23/2012 6:51:02 AM   
marion61

I'm not sure how doable this suggestion is, but here goes. I would like to see the higher hq's give out objectives other than just cities if possible. As it is now there really is no reason to use your Intel card since you can easily guess where your opponents objectives are. I would love to see objectives given to take an essential bridge crossing or rail hex. Take for instance Voronosh. Taking this city for the Axis gives them 8 PP. Assigning ob's that would help you to cut off the city would keep your opponent guessing where you are actually going to attack. Of course they know your after Voronosh, so they just pile the units into the ob and wait for you to try. Maybe HQ's could assign 3 1pt objectives (minor) and Voronosh it's self would be worth 5pts. This would also negate the all or nothing approach ob's have at the moment.

There are so many key bridges/roads/rail lines on the map that it would keep your opponent guessing as to where your axis of attack will actually come from.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 130
Suggestions / requests and a complaint - 8/24/2012 12:06:46 AM   
Templer_12

Complaint

Vic, the letters are still too small! They are hard to read!
Playing a longer time, reading becomes very hard on the eyes.

Suggestions / requests

Hex coloring like in Advanced Tactics

(in reply to marion61)
Post #: 131
RE: Suggestions for next update - 8/24/2012 7:55:40 PM   
abulbulian

Please add Rom 3rd and 4th Army HQs to the game:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3169044&mpage=1&key=�

< Message edited by abulbulian -- 8/24/2012 7:56:31 PM >

- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to GatoMacho)
Post #: 132
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/5/2012 1:51:06 AM   
LiquidSky

I find that the volume in the game to be fairly high....as I realize that may be a symptom of my own setup, is there a way you could put a half-volume toggle, or maybe a volume slider for the game?

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 133
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/10/2012 11:09:55 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

I find that the volume in the game to be fairly high....as I realize that may be a symptom of my own setup, is there a way you could put a half-volume toggle, or maybe a volume slider for the game?

scheduled for v1.03!

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 134
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/10/2012 1:13:54 PM   
Bonners

Having now got a good way through my first campaign I'd like to add support to the suggestion above about colour schemes. A more varied colour palette would be useful in the grand campaign. Specifically I'd like the colours for different corps to be a bit brighter. When you select what looks like a bright colour it is dulled down a bit in game. It looks more pleasing aesthetically that way, but these old eyes would like some lurid, bright colours.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 135
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/10/2012 3:01:31 PM   
James Ward

A way to highlight all units that have enough AP's to perform an action would be nice.

Lots of times I only finish 1/2 a turn then come back a day or two later. It takes me a while to check through all my units to who has moved and who has not when I get back to playing.

(in reply to Bonners)
Post #: 136
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/10/2012 8:11:17 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Ward

A way to highlight all units that have enough AP's to perform an action would be nice.

Lots of times I only finish 1/2 a turn then come back a day or two later. It takes me a while to check through all my units to who has moved and who has not when I get back to playing.

Actually there is already a shading mechanism in place:

no shade: not moved yet, can still move
half shade: moved, but still moves left
full shade: moved and no moves left.

best,
Vic

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 137
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/10/2012 10:44:06 PM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

quote:

Actually there is already a shading mechanism in place:

no shade: not moved yet, can still move
half shade: moved, but still moves left
full shade: moved and no moves left.

best,
Vic

I figured that out but it only seems to effect the top unit in a stack. It would be nice if the hex could be highlighted to show a unit in it still has ap's left.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 138
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/11/2012 1:22:55 AM   
LiquidSky

No..it effects all the units. But not all units in a division (stack) will necessarily have 100AP to start. So if you move as a stack, it will move at the speed of the slowest unit. It will be the one on top, showing greyed out, the others will be more subtley greyed. I find it obvious when I am using LIST to select units to attack a hex..then I can readily see the difference between the artillery that fired (completely greyed out), the units that attacked a different hex (slightly greyed out) and the ones I want to use with fullish AP...not greyed out at all.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 139
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/11/2012 3:37:23 AM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

No..it effects all the units. But not all units in a division (stack) will necessarily have 100AP to start. So if you move as a stack, it will move at the speed of the slowest unit. It will be the one on top, showing greyed out, the others will be more subtley greyed. I find it obvious when I am using LIST to select units to attack a hex..then I can readily see the difference between the artillery that fired (completely greyed out), the units that attacked a different hex (slightly greyed out) and the ones I want to use with fullish AP...not greyed out at all.

What I mean is you only see the top unit in a stack so if you move a unit to a hex that has units in it to start but then save the game, when you restart th top unit shows it has moved but it doesn't show the ones below haven't. When I restart a saved game that I didn't finish a turn on, it takes while to see what hex has units that have AP's left.

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 140
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/11/2012 7:57:45 AM   
Vic

@James,

What i do in that case when i play myself is go into full zoom mode and spread out the counters mode so no unit is hidden by stack counters.

best,
Vic

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 141
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/11/2012 4:41:50 PM   
James Ward

quote:

@James,

What i do in that case when i play myself is go into full zoom mode and spread out the counters mode so no unit is hidden by stack counters.

best,
Vic

I'll try that. My old eyes need all the help they can get.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 142
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/11/2012 8:13:03 PM   
Vic

quote:

quote:

@James,

best,
Vic

I'll try that. My old eyes need all the help they can get.

Also what helps me with tired eyes is switching my monitor to a lower resolution before running DC.

best regards,
Vic

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 143
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/17/2012 5:22:14 PM   
wallas

+1 for undo

(in reply to GatoMacho)
Post #: 144
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/17/2012 10:46:11 PM   
The Red Baron

Vic,

Is it possible for you to change the game mechanics so a leader can be cross-transferred from his current command to a different one? Say I want to move Budenny from command of the North Caucasus Front (NCF) to command of the Voronezh Front (VF) without first rotating him into the officer pool to make him available for re-assignment. Is this doable? I am looking for a more flexible way to shuffle my commanders without being limited solely to the choices offered by the officer pool.

(in reply to wallas)
Post #: 145
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/26/2012 10:26:17 AM   
Keunert

Fog of war: would it be possible to have in all the stats screen some kind of FOW? like +/- 20% on all numbers of the other side? or maybe even depending on troop type: air units +/- 50% (difficult to recon) tanks +/- 35% (most of them being not in the front line) and +/- 20% for front line units.

i find it quite a gama changer to exactly know the state of Oliviers airforce and tank force in our current game. it would make the game more realistic to not know this. it helps planning air strikes and not looking at statistics at all would be quite a hard houserule for me.

(in reply to The Red Baron)
Post #: 146
RE: Suggestions for next update - 9/26/2012 2:56:02 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keunert

Fog of war: would it be possible to have in all the stats screen some kind of FOW? like +/- 20% on all numbers of the other side? or maybe even depending on troop type: air units +/- 50% (difficult to recon) tanks +/- 35% (most of them being not in the front line) and +/- 20% for front line units.

i find it quite a gama changer to exactly know the state of Oliviers airforce and tank force in our current game. it would make the game more realistic to not know this. it helps planning air strikes and not looking at statistics at all would be quite a hard houserule for me.

I like your suggestion. I'll look into making this a variant.

best,
Vic

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 147
RE: Suggestions for next update - 10/3/2012 1:49:12 PM   
Keunert

supply / oil:
could there be a way to simulate fast advancing motorized units getting out of reach for supply networks? like an event based on advanced kilometres that reduces supply? or slower rail conversion?

weather: random historical weather: snow/rain/mud events scaled to months and event percentage based on the historical weather:
july mud 10%, snow 0%
september mud 30% snow 15%

small general: ios version

< Message edited by Keunert -- 10/3/2012 1:50:33 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 148
RE: Suggestions for next update - 10/3/2012 2:38:29 PM   
James Ward

^ I second the supply/oil suggestion. Part of the challenge should be how to keep up a rapid advance while keeping your fast moving units in supply. It doesn't seem to feel like that now.

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 149
RE: Suggestions for next update - 10/4/2012 5:59:08 AM   
Repsol

Hello...

Maybe have an option in the prefrences tab to have a checkbox appering when we're about to move a unit out of FULL-supply range simular to what we get when're about to move an air-unit to a damaged city (giving us a confirm or abort option).

Something like...

"YOU ARE ABOUT TO MOVE TO A HEX 135 AP'S FROM YOUR SUPPLY SOURCE. RESUPPLY WILL BE LIMITED. CONFIRM YES/NO"

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> RE: Suggestions / requests Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI