Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 12/26/2002 1:49:38 AM   
Goblin

What happened to the casualties that infantry units took when the vehicle they were riding on or in took a hit? I notice they end up really surpressed now, but they used to be (rightfully) pounded hard.

M3 Halftrack HIT! M3 Halftrack Destroyed! 5 casualties to Army Infantry Squad!

T34 raked with MG fire! 3 casualties to Tankodesantniki!

Not anymore. Now its blow the halftrack to kingdom come, and the infantry are just a little scared.

Was it 4.5, 6, or 7 that had the casualties? Don't remember. It changed before H2H.

Could you reinstitute them? It was much more realistic, and people took care with infantry on tanks. Now they just load every tank with anything it will carry, because they are safer from everything while on the tank!

Goblin

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 31
- 12/26/2002 2:27:08 AM   
Irinami

Hey Leo, I was playing Imperial Japanese in H2H, and noticed that one of their onboard arty pieces (some 70mm+/- towed guns) has a carry cost of 6 and a carry capacity of 108. I think that may be a bit buggered... it can carry a bigger gun? ;)

When I get home I'll tell ya' which one. Don't have SPWAW here.

Newbies!!
Wild Bill's Tanks at Munda Mini-Campaign. The training campaign for comb

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 32
- 12/26/2002 5:22:24 PM   
Frank W.

HtH doesn´t work with MC lost victories?

or any other camps created for the "normal"
SPWAW ??

i consider trying HtH out, but i have 2 or 3 camps
and lost victories not playd yet...

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 33
- 12/26/2002 7:43:56 PM   
Warrior

All tanks should be able to carry at least 10 infantrymen.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 34
- 12/27/2002 4:33:46 AM   
rbrunsman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by REMF
[B]All tanks should be able to carry at least 10 infantrymen. [/B][/QUOTE]

Have you been to a tank museum and seen how small some tanks really were? There simply isn't enough room for 10 men on many tanks.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 35
- 12/27/2002 5:06:20 AM   
Redleg

The OB error of Japanese 70mm Type 92 gun is likely a carry-over from an error in the 7.1 OOBs. It is present in 7.1.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 36
- 12/27/2002 5:32:08 AM   
Irinami

70mm Type 92 FG
Carry Cost: 7
Carry Capacity: 108

Oddly enough, it's Cost 4, Cap 108 in 7.1... ??? This is--by the images--a towed gun. ?_?

Newbies!!

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 37
- 12/27/2002 9:36:04 PM   
Panzer Leo

I've only time for a short note...I will be gone to Italy for a week now, so don't worry if I don't reply immediately...I will comment your posts then...

I wish you all a happy New Year and keep up posting your ideas...:)

Leo

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 38
- 12/29/2002 2:30:04 AM   
Goblin

Maybe you could lessen the effect of small arms fire on a tank? I am sick of my elite tanks being suppressed by crewmen from a destroyed tank, and then being blown to hell by an enemy tank that he doesn't even get to shoot at (I guess pistol fire on your 40 ton tank will do that). I know this isn't just an H2H thing, but now we have a chance to fix this.

Goblin

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 39
Goblin... - 12/29/2002 2:38:04 AM   
Orzel Bialy

now WHERE did you ever see pistol fire surpress a 25+ ton tank to the point that it got blown to.....oopppsss, that's right! I remember now!!! My bad! :D

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 40
- 12/29/2002 4:52:05 AM   
Goblin

Yeah, yeah. Its not just that. Its rifle fire and MG fire too. I just don't see them scaring a tank crew so bad that it ignores a significant danger like an enemy tank. Or worse yet....

"Mein Gott! They are shooting dozens of rounds at us!! It is very light rifle fire, maybe a .45, and there is a BAR too!! We're in a death trap [I]inside[/I] the tank, we need to bail out! We will be far safer [I]outside[/I] all of this armor!"

Then the crew bails. I think the problem started in 7 or 7.1. In 6, the small arms fire had to be [I]intense[/I] to suppress a tank. It was probably over-corrected. It would be great if it was fixed.

Goblin

PS- Bite me Orzel:mad: ;)

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 41
Please: kill those inmortal leaders!! - 12/29/2002 12:13:22 PM   
Gallo Rojo

Ok ... I will go with a largest wish list later, but mi BiGEST WISH IS:

There is a OLD bug in all SPWAW versions: when you lost a unit during a capaing, the replacenmets has almost the same experience and moral than the lost unit.

I mean, you lost a unit and the remplacemet has a diferent name and no kills, but it has the same (or more) experience and moral. This is really discusting when you play a campaing.

Replacenments should have the average national experience/moral for the nation in the given year.

PzLeo: if you fix this one you will be my hero

best,
Gallo

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 42
- 12/30/2002 2:12:15 AM   
Alby

CREWS!! Too hard to Kill, too lethal at times.:)

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 43
- 12/30/2002 3:02:10 AM   
Janusz

There is also a "Long Campaign bug" played vs human

When core side lost about 80% stuff in one battle - opponent in next battle got every turn score screen with note "Enemy forces morale broken" even he wasn't kill a fly ...

If it's possible please correct it.

Target

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 44
- 12/31/2002 3:02:57 AM   
Jack

Leo
The M36 Jackson TD should have the same size # as a Sherman. Now it is the same size as an Hellcat, size #3. It should be 4.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 45
- 12/31/2002 3:05:21 AM   
m10bob

Did not read every thread,so don't know if anybody has reported this yet..The icon on the American t95(super land turtle) is showing up as a Finnish Fokker d21(I believe)..also,napalm was in use at St Lo,but SPWAW has always had the date of it's availability wrong....:) By the way,very curious..Why has the rifle grenade for every country always been portrayed as an inaccurate weapon?..I personally have no problem with it's potential in the game,just it's lack of accuracy..:confused: :confused: :confused:

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 46
- 12/31/2002 4:48:34 AM   
Irinami

Quite true. The Israelis are living proof that the rifle grenade is a valid, accurate weapon. More range and blast radius than an underbarrel GL. Hell, when their paratroops (if not all units) head into battle no less than one man already has a RG loaded and ready, and I read somewhere that it's not uncommon for all members who can do so, to do so.

I guess I am calling y'all out to defend the position that they're inaccurate. Or is it just inaccurate over range?

Newbies!!

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 47
- 12/31/2002 5:20:39 AM   
Redleg

A lot of infantry weapons in the game were watered down over time because of lethality issues.

IIRC, that is why a lot of ATR had HE removed for example.

I also liked earlier versions of SPWAW where an infantry platoon dug in some woods or a village were a force to be approached with great caution.

It seems like a lot of infantry weapons and ammo load were altered as an attempt to "balance" things. Fortunately, a lot of those issues have been helped by the H2H Mod. One of the major reasons I like the mod so much.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 48
- 1/1/2003 6:39:55 PM   
m10bob

The American M7 Grenade launcher had an effective range of 200 yards WITH ACCURACY but prevented semi-auto fire when attached to the M1 Garand..The M7a1 improved on this and allowed semi-auto fire..Later,the M9 had an effective range of 250 yards,and had a charge dedicated to armor penetration of 3-4 inches!..
Personally,I have fired the M79 "thump gun" accurately over 300 yards,hitting within 6 feet of any target.(This was common and was fired like a mortar)..Oh well,I digress.....BTW,I got these specs from a website a fellow Matrix forum follower directed us to approx 2 years ago,I just saved the page.It's still up if anybody needs to see it.(Type Rifle-launched grenade launcher in your browser)..bob;)

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 49
- 1/1/2003 9:05:53 PM   
Frank W.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goblin
[B]Yeah, yeah. Its not just that. Its rifle fire and MG fire too. I just don't see them scaring a tank crew so bad that it ignores a significant danger like an enemy tank. Or worse yet....

"Mein Gott! They are shooting dozens of rounds at us!! It is very light rifle fire, maybe a .45, and there is a BAR too!! We're in a death trap [I]inside[/I] the tank, we need to bail out! We will be far safer [I]outside[/I] all of this armor!"

Then the crew bails. I think the problem started in 7 or 7.1. In 6, the small arms fire had to be [I]intense[/I] to suppress a tank. It was probably over-corrected. It would be great if it was fixed.

Goblin

PS- Bite me Orzel:mad: ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

i think for normal rifle,pistol and SMG fire the supression for tanks should be lower. but for say .50 cal MG or MG42 it´s okay. If you think of what all can be destroyed by such heavy fire, like sights, antennas, MG´s and other outboard equipment of the tank. okay, a experienced crew will learn that f. the tank or the crew itself there is no danger f. a medium or heavy tank from such fire, but the combat value can be lowered of the vehicle in such cases. the same goes f. infantry or crews assaulting a tank with handgrenades or satchel charges... but if a inf unit have no explosives to actually harm the tank the supression of the tank should be lower, too.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 50
- 1/1/2003 11:37:05 PM   
tf1377

This may be a little off topic, but I have been trying to download the H2H patch for some time and can never get the full download. Would somebody be willing to burn me a CD with the full H2H patch installation? I would be happy to send you the CD and return mail envelope or reimburse you for your effort. Thanks very much.

Scott
[email]scottbhelm@aol.com[/email]

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 51
- 1/3/2003 2:56:01 AM   
VikingNo2

I think Goblin is right Infantry should suffer if riding on a tank, and it gets hit with anything.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 52
- 1/3/2003 5:52:28 AM   
rbrunsman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VikingNo2
[B]I think Goblin is right Infantry should suffer if riding on a tank, and it gets hit with anything. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree too. It is too easy to just ride up and unload a bunch of infantry next to an AFV and assault it. Making it much more risky to be caught loaded inside or on top of a vehicle will forestall that unrealistic tactic to some extent.

Also, what's with giving M1 and M9 bazookas a range of 500 yards (10 hexes)? That is a huge change from v7.1. And it hardly seems realistic. It may have the capability of traveling that far, but I doubt it would be combat effective at that range and thus should not be able to suppress targets at such range. I have no expertise in this area so I welcome corrections to my thoughts.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 53
- 1/3/2003 2:19:41 PM   
Goblin

The PIAT also has a range of 6! Thats 300m! Its listed effective range is 100 yards. It was fired using a spring, with no propellant for the warhead.

http://www.6th-airborne.org/index.html goto 'Gear', then 'PIAT'.

Goblin

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 54
- 1/3/2003 7:29:33 PM   
Warrior

Bring back occasional immobilization when armor goes through a building. My tanks and tracks never get stuck now and it seems a little too good to be true.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 55
- 1/3/2003 10:38:48 PM   
VikingNo2

It happens now:)

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 56
- 1/4/2003 12:03:45 AM   
rbrunsman

[B]The PIAT also has a range of 6! Thats 300m! Its listed effective range is 100 yards. It was fired using a spring, with no propellant for the warhead.
Goblin [/B][/QUOTE]

And the Panzerfaust 30 still has a range of 1. And the Pzfaust 60/100 has a range of 2! The Pzfaust 100 used to have a range of 3.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 57
- 1/4/2003 12:32:22 AM   
rbrunsman

[B]The PIAT also has a range of 6! Thats 300m! Its listed effective range is 100 yards. It was fired using a spring, with no propellant for the warhead.

http://www.6th-airborne.org/index.html goto 'Gear', then 'PIAT'.

Goblin [/B][/QUOTE]

That's a nice site for UK infantry weapons. It says the PIAT was effective to 115 yards as an AT weapon, but it could "bust houses" to 350 yards. Putting the range back to 2 hexes is definitely a change that should be made. And 1 shot per turn should be the max also according to that site.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 58
- 1/4/2003 4:03:57 AM   
Frank W.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rbrunsman
[B]I agree too. It is too easy to just ride up and unload a bunch of infantry next to an AFV and assault it. Making it much more risky to be caught loaded inside or on top of a vehicle will forestall that unrealistic tactic to some extent.

Also, what's with giving M1 and M9 bazookas a range of 500 yards (10 hexes)? That is a huge change from v7.1. And it hardly seems realistic. It may have the capability of traveling that far, but I doubt it would be combat effective at that range and thus should not be able to suppress targets at such range. I have no expertise in this area so I welcome corrections to my thoughts. [/B][/QUOTE]

oops. i considered the range of the m9 bazooka in 7.1 as to much even. but 10 hexes ??

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 59
- 1/4/2003 9:55:46 PM   
M4Jess

the Russian ob post never has any ammo for the ATR:(

Im making war, not trouble~

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI