Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

build a new unit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> build a new unit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
build a new unit - 6/22/2013 4:25:50 PM   
jnpoint

When I build a new unit, how long time will it then take for it to get full strength? It seems to take long time.
Post #: 1
RE: build a new unit - 6/22/2013 5:24:51 PM   
cromlechi

Switching the unit to 'priority' for supply and switching other units to 50 % might help. Although I'm no expert only recently discovered the game, but think it's great.

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 2
RE: build a new unit - 6/22/2013 7:34:37 PM   
jnpoint

quote:

ORIGINAL: cromlechi

Switching the unit to 'priority' for supply and switching other units to 50 % might help.

Yes of course why didn't I think of that.

(in reply to cromlechi)
Post #: 3
RE: build a new unit - 6/22/2013 10:33:05 PM   
freeboy

There is replacements and supply.. so setting these levels, also look at the troops in the top HQ, if you are building a SS Division and no ss troops are there it will be a long long wait...

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 4
RE: build a new unit - 6/24/2013 4:28:54 AM   
Hugolin

Unlike other games, the replacement rate is rather low. Except in some situations (e.g. Romanian Engineer in the CB scenario, etc.) it's not really the goal to create a unit and expect to see it full in a few turns. The economics of the game are secondary.

Also keep in mind that creating a new unit will (can) prevent existing units from receiving replacement...

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 5
RE: build a new unit - 6/25/2013 12:02:05 AM   
freeboy

If you have "cards", you can play them, an example would be adding SS infantry to the pool while building new ss units ..... One game I added two ss infantry, mobile, and upgraded an existing Heer inf div to mobile ... also assigned them to a builder hq, not front line with a general with a promotions card.. wait a few turns and promote and repeat and soon you have at least a regular division from a green starter...
One must decide if you want to resurrect infantry and tank units that are destroyed.. some I do as they are already part of a force structure. One other use for adding re constituted destroyed units is in partisan control, they are particularly good and do not need to be full strength..

(in reply to Hugolin)
Post #: 6
RE: build a new unit - 10/1/2013 9:14:22 AM   
Khanti

A little late but I'd like to report my tests.
I did a test someday with building new unit in DSCB. It's easy with Soviets as they have higher replacement rates (equivalent of rifle division a day). Create empty rifle division, set all army replacement level to 25% (easy one click at Stavka), put your new unit at RPL=100% (prioritize) and ... wait.
Even if Stavka is full of troops it will be sending 10% of your units strength as replacement a day. So no way of building a fresh division over night.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> build a new unit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI