Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Pricing Suggestion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Pricing Suggestion Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 12:04:28 PM   
thewood1

quote:

ORIGINAL: stringue

I feel that you have a captive audience of people that love this particular genre and as they unfortunately have no(?) alternative games within the genre, that you can elevate the price knowing that they will pay over the odds for their fix, which is a shame because people outside the genre with a passing interest won't.

You do realize this is how businesses work, right? Charge what the market will bear. Now if it ends up being a ghost town here in three weeks, the market has spoken. I have only seen one buyer say they were disappointed.

Maybe in a month you'll see some heavy discounting if less than 100 people buy. The real question is if they lowered the price to $60, would enough people buy it to make up for the loss of $20 on every sale they would make at $80. Sounds like Matrix did the analysis and came up with the answer. If 100 people would have bought it at $80, that's $8k. That means they would have to sell 33 more units if it was priced at $60. If they sell 1000, that is 333 more sales to make. I doubt there is that scale of differentiation. You also have to take into account the extra support needed to handle 333 more sales at the lower price. So the reality is that Matrix has to sell 30% to 50% more units to make the same profit.

Does anyone think they should subsidize the industry? My main issue is if we consider Command an entry-level game for wargaming. Is Matrix passing up that potential market. Just knowing the naval wargaming market a little, I doubt that would be a successful strategy. The documentation and online support would be expensive. In fact, pricing at $80 keeps a lot of the needy new players out. There is sometimes something to be said for pricing at the high end of a market. That is under the assumption you can make your profit of the hardcores.

(in reply to stringue)
Post #: 211
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 12:06:33 PM   
thewood1

I also think its interesting the number of games that have moved to Matrix. BFC has lost several developers to Matrix. That tends to say that developers are happier with Matrix model than others.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 212
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 12:13:33 PM   
Hexagon

But in the end who made the game is not Matrix... in games that we can buy here NOT all beneficts go for developer and when a game is abandoned with no patches (i have a pair of them) all is a question of the developer.

Matrix is an intermediary and when to sell a product you have one of them you know that part of the final price is for it, maybe the extra money that made you pass of the product.

If guys go to Matrix is maybe because other big distributor enter in the crazy world of DRMs, i buy CM2 and it was the first and last title i buy from battlefront and i follow a lot the SC WW1.

Is a waste of time talk about this, this is a niche and logic is out, in "real world" this kind of politics move companies to suicide... and even in the niche market are companies near to it but here you have something more than high prices.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 213
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 12:14:02 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

quote:

ORIGINAL: dutchman55555

quote:

So you never answered my question...is the $95 for CMBN inaccessible?

So $65 plus the $10 upgrade is $75...only $5 cheaper than Command. So either you aren't going to buy anymore CMBN modules, or you will end up spending more than on Command. Even if MG discounts to $25 in a year, that is still more than Command will ever be totaled up.

I am totally confused by your logic. Even after 4 years if they discount to CMSF levels, your most likely still talking $65-$70. Not only that, BFC charged for an upgrade, something some people are fired up that it might be a possibility with Command.

You're confused that I continue to buy additional parts of an ever-expanding series (when they reach a price point I find acceptable), as opposed to a single purchase product with a price I find awe-inspiring?

There is a philosophy, held by many even within the Matrix community, that the higher Matrix prices things, the more sales they lose, and the more people they scare away from the hobby. And pricing a new release at $90 absolutely guarantees that anyone who is entertaining the idea of entering the PC wargaming hobby will take a pass. And left with the impression that the hobby is that expensive, they will most likely walk away for good.

So what if COmmand came out in three pieces scattered over three years. Better. You prefer waiting 2-3 years to complete the game like CMBN?

Your point doesnt make any sense. i purchased CM and it was a complete product from the beggining, and at 55 dollars, now cheaper. The fact it didnt model all 44 45 western front battles dindnt affect its quality, and scope. It was intended and named for the period it presented in their scenarios. It had a full and fantastic mission editor, which gave it en enormous replayiability. It really appears you never had the game, and if you did, you clearly where looking for something else.
And in fact, Command doesnt model ww2, which could be also named modern (if they consider modern Korea, why not the pacific in 1945 too?), and not for that reason is an incomplete product.
Your statement is pointless.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 214
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 12:22:40 PM   
thewood1

My point was that Command is a very broad sandbox game with editor. It comes with two time periods. BFC would have sold this multiple times. at a higher total cost and over two years. Command sold basically two games in one, at once. Would it have been better for the price to be $55 for Cold War, and then 9 months later sell "modern" for $35? That is the BFC model. Now I hope they come out with WW2 for $35, I'll buy it.

I am not complaining about BFC's model...just comparing it. I actually like BFC's model. I just wish they wouldn't take 9 months for the addons.

(in reply to Alejo1968)
Post #: 215
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 12:34:15 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

SO I doublechecked...in US $ to be consistent.

Original CMBN - $55, Original CW module - $35, Upgrade to 2.0 - $10, MG module - $35 = $145 if bought within three to six months of release

Bundles - As much as you can bundle right now $95...in today's US $

CMBN was discounted specifically when the 2.0 update came out.

So again, I'll point out one more time. Command - $80 US, CMBN full up with bundles today - $95 US, Bought on each product release $145 US

CMBN total at release $145 > CMBN today bundles - $95 > Command on release $80

Doesn't matter what currency you use, CMBN bought as each module released is almost twice as much as Command. I am going to go over to the BFC forum and see if I see where you complained about pricing there.

CMBN does have MP so maybe that justified the extra $65 on release.

edit...btw, it took BFC almost 10 years to lower the prices on CMBO. It took them almost 4 years to discount CMSF.

You would be right if we do not see, CMNA ELITE, ADMIRALS EDITION, PLAN RED, and who aknows what more iterations. Of course Im guessing, but you cannot say this will not happen, specially with matrix games, that has done that many times with similar products.
I think you will pay a lot more than 80 my young padawan...

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 216
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 12:39:05 PM   
thewood1

I think its been done with two products, one of them community-drive(WITP AE). The other Harpoon, which was a damned mess from the start.

Again, do you agree with the logic on the pricing, separating out your future predictions of re-releasing Command?

If they had released Cold War at $55, and then charged $35 in nine months?

Also note that BFC made you buy CM all over again, even if you bought all the CM1s...not even a discount. I think it was the right thing to do, but still had the same title. Even Wargame European Escalation did this. It is about to happen to Achtung Panzer as well with its new release. I agree with all of them.

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 9/25/2013 12:42:40 PM >

(in reply to Alejo1968)
Post #: 217
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 12:49:45 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

I think its been done with two products, one of them community-drive(WITP AE). The other Harpoon, which was a damned mess from the start.

Again, do you agree with the logic on the pricing, separating out your future predictions of re-releasing Command?

Know what? Maybe at a lower price I could have got into... Seriously... Right now I have other priorities, as I said before... World in Flames in november, (ironically) CM Market Garden in october, and got Rise of Flight a couple of weeks ago.
Cant afford 80 plus tax, plus more taxes here ( I mean local strange taxes like I have in my country).
Just thinking aloud... May be the other model would have put me into... May be

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 218
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 12:56:02 PM   
thewood1

SO there is the real point isn't it. Matrix releases it at $60 and maybe, maybe you'd consider buying it. Suddenly it is not as clear cut. So instead of us waiting an extra nine months, or Cold War being released nine months ago at $60 and we now pay $35 for modern, we get both for $80 now. So are you waiting on the discount for MG or are you buying day 1? You know it will be $35 and I assume you bought all the other CMBN stuff...so you must be out at least $95, and maybe as much as $145. Where is the post to BFC about the cost of playing CMBN?

(in reply to Alejo1968)
Post #: 219
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 1:00:22 PM   
Alchenar

quote:

You do realize this is how businesses work, right? Charge what the market will bear. Now if it ends up being a ghost town here in three weeks, the market has spoken. I have only seen one buyer say they were disappointed.

You know this forum is effectively a ghost town at the best of times, right?

In terms of markets I think the proof of the pudding is that despite being a 'premium' game and shopfront product, google produces precisely one review on the front page of a search and it's USNI news. The game doesn't even have a metacritic page. There's been precisely ****-all attempt to actually market this game outside of this site and wargamer.com. The fact is that before we even start to talk about quality or price, Matrix haven't even done the bare minimum due diligence to try to bring attention to the game to a wider audience.

e: and how on earth are you still not grasping the concept of Opportunity Cost?

< Message edited by Alchenar -- 9/25/2013 1:01:45 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 220
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 1:08:47 PM   
thewood1

I work with opportunity cost every single day running my business. I have actually talked about it relating to pricing on this site before.

But opportunity cost is not a magic number. It relates to what you think growth is and where your market is. If you think hardcore naval wargamers is really the only market you will have reasonable penetration in, regardless of price, it becomes a minor consideration. Where oppcost come in is if you think lowering the price will drive significant sales. Matrix obviously doesn't think so, and I tend to agree.

But I am also an impatient gamer. I like that I have two huge databases and don't have to wait two years to complete my game.

(in reply to Alchenar)
Post #: 221
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 1:12:17 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

SO there is the real point isn't it. Matrix releases it at $60 and maybe, maybe you'd consider buying it. Suddenly it is not as clear cut. So instead of us waiting an extra nine months, or Cold War being released nine months ago at $60 and we now pay $35 for modern, we get both for $80 now. So are you waiting on the discount for MG or are you buying day 1? You know it will be $35 and I assume you bought all the other CMBN stuff...so you must be out at least $95, and maybe as much as $145. Where is the post to BFC about the cost of playing CMBN?

May be is my english, but I really dont get you. Just to clarify things...
80 dollars is a TOO high price, i just cannot afford it right nor, may be in the future... No matter how complete it is, how nice, how sandbox.
For me CM was a complete product from the beggining. Didnt ask when I first purchased it for more than it came with it. And buying expansion is always an option, i didnt purchase the italian front because I was not interested in it, and still I had a complete product.
I insist, its wrong to compare CM with this. And beside that, you cannot say that it wont happen the same here. In two years be paying more above 80.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 222
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 1:18:28 PM   
thewood1

I am hoping to pay more than $80. That means they have continued development. Again, you are spending more on CMBN than this game. Do it the same way. Put $20US in a jar each month and pretend Command was never released. After 4 months, you have your game. But if other games interest you more, that is the point. This game is not marketed towards anyone but hardcore people. You are obviously not one of them.

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 9/25/2013 1:19:21 PM >

(in reply to Alejo1968)
Post #: 223
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 1:19:29 PM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alchenar
There's been precisely ****-all attempt to actually market this game outside of this site and wargamer.com. The fact is that before we even start to talk about quality or price, Matrix haven't even done the bare minimum due diligence to try to bring attention to the game to a wider audience.

You’ve got to be kidding me. Had Matrix marketed this game or any of their games to mass appeal sites they would be slammed as too complex, too boring and not shiny enough in the graphics department. I’ve never seen a main stream site give a complex wargame a good review, and bad press is permanent press on the internet, because it’ll be at the top of a Google search forever. You don’t market your product somewhere if it is going to hurt your sales.

There is a reason you have to dumb down a game to sell a lot of units, people who enjoy deep complex games like those sold at Matrix are a very small piece of the market. Intelligent targeted marketing is good marketing in niche markets. Matrix has built a strong reputation over the years as the place to go for these kinds of games, that’s why developers are coming to Matrix, the market they want is here, it’s not at the smaller competitor sites, they only see a fraction of the market that comes here.

The notion you can sell 100,000 more units to the masses if only you let them see is a very naive position to take and probably stems more from a selfish desire to get something for yourself cheaper than from logical marketing sense.

I’ve always tried to get my brother into the games I enjoy, and he’s a very smart man. But I’ll never forget what he told me once when I pushed harder than usual. He said, “When I play a game I want to get lost for a few hours, I don’t want to work at it”. That’s the difference between our niche and the masses, we enjoy these games and most people hate them as work, they will never buy in huge numbers.

Jim

(in reply to Alchenar)
Post #: 224
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 1:24:51 PM   
CoffeeMug

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

/sign

Actually, these kind of games (CMANO, WITP, ASL (the boardgame), etc.) are WORK. But the results and the experience are more rewarding than anything.

Cheers,
Coffee

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 225
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 1:25:15 PM   
Quellist

quote:

Also note that BFC made you buy CM all over again, even if you bought all the CM1s...not even a discount. I think it was the right thing to do, but still had the same title. Even Wargame European Escalation did this. It is about to happen to Achtung Panzer as well with its new release. I agree with all of them.

I have to ask if you are privy to some sort of internal roadmap? To me it seems quite possible that some sort of database update/scenario pack get released in <9 months for 35+$. As there isn't a demo, there should at least be some indications what kind of premium support one can expect and at what point they expect us to pay for something new. I'm not looking for rock solid stuff, more some sort of guidance. I'm not familiar with how matrix has done things in the past, but talk about re-relasing games (witp?)also has me a bit concerned.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 226
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 1:26:26 PM   
catwhoorg

My only comment on the pricing is that it is exactly the price point I expected for this game.

I will not be picking it up in the next month or so, but it will be bought at some point in the future.

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 227
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 1:29:31 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

I am hoping to pay more than $80. That means they have continued development. Again, you are spending more on CMBN than this game. Do it the same way. Put $20US in a jar each month and pretend Command was never released. After 4 months, you have your game. But if other games interest you more, that is the point. This game is not marketed towards anyone but hardcore people. You are obviously not one of them.

Really?

You do not consider hardcore CM?
Ive been in the military for 25 years, dont say that to me. It is hardcore.
You do not consider hardcore Rise of Flight?
Ive been a combat pilot in my country for 20 years... dont say that... It is hardcore.
You do not consider a superbly complet way to recreate ww2 in it great context World in Flames?
i love and studied startegy, it is hardcore
I own harpoon (you know, the romantic boxed set) and many expansions.
You think Im not hardcore?
You should think a little bit more before than stating what you think.

And one more thing, I would love to have this wargame, and beliveme, You are right, Ill start saving money and will probably buy it. Anyway, it
is TOO expensive.

< Message edited by Abbeville_01 -- 9/25/2013 1:39:15 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 228
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 2:04:40 PM   
aluminumx

quote:

ORIGINAL: delenda

You've completely priced out a large group of your customer base. I'd be shocked if there weren't any dodgy copies floating around within a week that the majority of your potential customers will use instead. Your 'niche genre' customers are being punished the most.

**** EDITED - ANY DISCUSSION OF PIRACY IN ANY FORM IS NOT PERMITTED ****

But let me play the devil's advocate here. I am guessing matrix is choosing to stick with what works for them. This may mean far less money. While a lower price may be more like a risk or gambling in their eyes. And it is. They would need to rely big time on more people will buy it for less. And they may feel uncomfortable with that. After all they are not a big gaming Corporation .

With that said. By my count, I find about 4 people who say they won't buy the game, for everyone who says they have, or will soon. If such a 4:1 ratio represents over all sales, then is really bad. And represents a larger chunk of potential revenue, that now they won't be getting. That could have been something like $240,000 (at a lower price) vs $90,000 (current price).

But again let me play devil's advocate. They could be under contract and need a immediate boost to income (as lower pricing can mean slow start for revenue growth , seeing big numbers) to cover an agreed upon payment at, such and such date.

In the end, this bickering is not going to do any good. Matrix seems to made up it's mind. Besides it their company and pocket but. So the way I see it. Let them do what ever they want.

< Message edited by Iain McNeil -- 9/25/2013 3:38:22 PM >

(in reply to delenda)
Post #: 229
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 2:14:58 PM   
delenda

quote:

ORIGINAL: aluminumx

quote:

ORIGINAL: delenda

You've completely priced out a large group of your customer base. I'd be shocked if there weren't any dodgy copies floating around within a week that the majority of your potential customers will use instead. Your 'niche genre' customers are being punished the most.

**** EDITED - ANY DISCUSSION OF PIRACY IN ANY FORM IS NOT PERMITTED ****

But let me play the devil's advocate here. I am guessing matrix is choosing to stick with what works for them. This may mean far less money. While a lower price may be more like a risk or gambling in their eyes. And it is. They would need to rely big time on more people will buy it for less. And they may feel uncomfortable with thay. After all they are Nirvana big gaming Corporation .

With that said. By my count, I find about 4 people who say they won't buy the game, for everyone who says they have or will soon. If such a 4:1 ratio represents over all sales, then is really bad. And represents a larger chunk of potential revenue, that now they won't be getting. That could have been something like $240,000 (at a lower price) vs $90,000 (current price).

But again let me play devil's advocate. They could be under contract and need a immediate boost to income (as lower pricing can mean slow start for revenue growth , seeing big numbers) to cover an agreed upon payment at, such and such date.

In the end, this bickering is not going to do any good. Matrix seems to made up it's mind. Besides it their company and pocket but. So the way I see it. Let them do what ever they want.

heh maybe I should do the lottery this weekend

< Message edited by Iain McNeil -- 9/25/2013 3:38:58 PM >

(in reply to aluminumx)
Post #: 230
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 2:26:01 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

Of course it was a long time ago taken decition, anyway, the more we write about, maybe, just maybe, could increase our chances of geting a great wargame. Clearly this would also protect the developers and their products. Too high cost, too low sales, less developments regarding this kind of softwares, they loose, we loose.

(in reply to aluminumx)
Post #: 231
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 2:28:56 PM   
CoffeeMug

The argument, that the right price point curbs software theft, does not hold water. People having rooted their iphones steal apps worth one USD! So you want to tell us, that people wont use pirate software if the game costs 50 USD and not 80 USD?

Sceptical dog is sceptical.

http://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3886822656/hB26779A2/

edited for generalization

< Message edited by CoffeeMug -- 9/25/2013 2:39:23 PM >

(in reply to delenda)
Post #: 232
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 2:34:44 PM   
wombat778

My 2c, I have no problem at all paying this sort of price for a high quality, deep simulation. For example, I quite happily paid $115 for SB Pro PE, $89 for the PMDG 777, and $69 for the PMDG 737. Similarly, I have a policy of buying all the DCS modules, regardless of whether I actually am interested in the content (probably have several hundred sunk into that so far). Personally, I would MUCH rather pay even double those amounts and get simulations of that quality every few years than pay $39 or $49 and get a watered down product or have the developer go out of business after one release.

The key for me is that the product be a true high-quality simulation (e.g., deep modeling, expert input, significant research, polished design, etc.). For example, the PMDG 777 simulates the fluid dynamics of the hydraulics system, thousands of electrical connections, etc., such that when a failure occurs they have the same cascading effects as they would in the real airplane. It comes with thousands of pages of documentation (essentially the complete actual 777 manuals). This is the kind of simulation and attention to detail that I expect for the premium price.

As it stands, I am not yet sure whether Command is there. Having bought it last night and spending about an hour with it, I am not sure that I am "feeling" the depth and rigorous attention to detail yet. I need more time with it to come to a conclusion.

(in reply to aluminumx)
Post #: 233
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 2:35:25 PM   
Alejo1968

quote:

ORIGINAL: CoffeeMug

The argument, that the right price point curbs software theft, does not hold water. People having rooted their iphones steal apps worth one USD! So you want to tell us, that you wont use pirate software if the game costs 50 USD and not 80 USD?

http://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3886822656/hB26779A2/

sorry, Im not sure but will ask anyway, was your reply intended to me? If you did, I never spoke about piracy, I was speaking strictly about companies making profit with products they sale. If they do not sale, that encourages not other companies to further develop softwares like this one. Just that.

sorry, just saw the reply to who in the lower right

< Message edited by Abbeville_01 -- 9/25/2013 2:43:04 PM >

(in reply to CoffeeMug)
Post #: 234
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 2:39:38 PM   
Hexagon

And if we reverse the argument???

Pay 80 dolars for a game not 50 increase beneficts and reduce pirate software??? if you think it works sell your idea to STEAM, sure they buy it

I am more sceptical here, and in the end who plan pay 0 is going to pay 0 cost 50 or 80 but who is out of this sure is more stoped by a 80 price than for a 50... and i dont say pay 50 dolars for it, i set in my case price between 50-60 euros TAXES INCLUDED this is 67-80 dolars with Taxes and 55-66 dolars with out taxes VS 85 dolars with out taxes.

< Message edited by Hexagon -- 9/25/2013 2:40:18 PM >

(in reply to CoffeeMug)
Post #: 235
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 2:42:39 PM   
CoffeeMug

quote:

ORIGINAL: Abbeville_01

sorry, Im not sure but will ask anyway, was your reply intended to me? If you did, I never spoke about piracy, I was speaking strictly about companies making profit with products they sale. If they do not sale, that encourages not other companies to further develop softwares like this one. Just that.

No, it wasnt. It was this
quote:

there is already a copy floating around in a few select Retroshare swarms. That means it is only a matter of time before it's on the big P2P's and anyone can get it. So now, they created a situation where, many who would have gladly paid for it. That is if it was cheaper, will now just play for free. I wonder if that was part of their revenue generating plan.

All fine, friend.

Cheers,
Coffee

(in reply to Alejo1968)
Post #: 236
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 2:42:56 PM   
wodin

Well they have freely admitted that it isn't really feature complete and they wanted to get it out now than wait..which is why I have difficulty in the pricing point here..feature complete fair enough but as it isn't and they have more work to do on it strikes me as odd..I do expect though the future additions come in patches and aren't sold cos if they are sold that would be bad. Personally I think they should have gone the module route..here is the first module $39.99..then for the next modules charge $29.99 (I.E Module 1 Land Warfare Infantry\SpecOps then Module 2 Land Warfare Armour etc etc) until they have everything they want in it done, that would have made sense to me.

Anyway I do hope it turns out your money was well spent.

quote:

ORIGINAL: wombat778

My 2c, I have no problem at all paying this sort of price for a high quality, deep simulation. For example, I quite happily paid $115 for SB Pro PE, $89 for the PMDG 777, and $69 for the PMDG 737. Similarly, I have a policy of buying all the DCS modules, regardless of whether I actually am interested in the content (probably have several hundred sunk into that so far). Personally, I would MUCH rather pay even double those amounts and get simulations of that quality every few years than pay $39 or $49 and get a watered down product or have the developer go out of business after one release.

The key for me is that the product be a true high-quality simulation (e.g., deep modeling, expert input, significant research, polished design, etc.). For example, the PMDG 777 simulates the fluid dynamics of the hydraulics system, thousands of electrical connections, etc., such that when a failure occurs they have the same cascading effects as they would in the real airplane. It comes with thousands of pages of documentation (essentially the complete actual 777 manuals). This is the kind of simulation and attention to detail that I expect for the premium price.

As it stands, I am not yet sure whether Command is there. Having bought it last night and spending about an hour with it, I am not sure that I am "feeling" the depth and rigorous attention to detail yet. I need more time with it to come to a conclusion.

(in reply to wombat778)
Post #: 237
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 2:48:37 PM   
RockKahn

I hope Matrix appreciates the gaming community's hard work in coming up with all these new and innovative ways to maximize their profits.....well, one, I guess....lower prices. It's not really very innovative, but our hearts are in the right place.

I don't write Universal Law. I just live by it.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 238
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 2:51:44 PM   
aluminumx

quote:

ORIGINAL: CoffeeMug

The argument, that the right price point curbs software theft, does not hold water. People having rooted their iphones steal apps worth one USD! So you want to tell us, that you wont use pirate software if the game costs 50 USD and not 80 USD?

I agree, to a point. There are thoughs that will do it anyway, but then there are thoughs who will do it of they can't afford it. Or can but say it's not worth it at that price. Look at the music industry. People had been download in droves. Then, (thanks in part to Steve Jobs) and still do but thanks to many things like being able to buy your favorite songs for $0.99 instead of a whole CDs for$20.00 when you only wanted one song. we have less download. Price does have an effect. It just will not effect though who will do it no matter what.

(in reply to CoffeeMug)
Post #: 239
RE: Pricing Suggestion - 9/25/2013 3:11:57 PM   
IainMcNeil

People who have bought the game are not wasting their time here talking about the price - they are playing the game. ;)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to delenda)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Pricing Suggestion Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI