Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: P-40 Long Track radar should be 3-D capable

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: P-40 Long Track radar should be 3-D capable Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: P-40 Long Track radar should be 3-D capable - 2/1/2019 8:21:47 PM   
.Sirius

Fixed

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law

(in reply to dpabrams)
Post #: 751
RE: P-40 Long Track radar should be 3-D capable - 2/3/2019 9:31:29 AM   
SunlitZelkova

I would like to request some hypothetical early Cold War attackers, as well as request some historical changes to the Tu-16s as I have recently bought a book filled with detailed information on the series.

First up is the attackers-

Please note that it is late where I am so for now I will only provide the loadout options and the names of the planes, as well as other armament. I will provide performance data shortly.

Su-6 -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Frontal Aviation [VVS]), AM-42 engine, 37mm

2x 37mm NS-37 cannons- 90 rounds of 37 AP ammo (45 rounds per gun), the guns could only fire together so this weapon should be added as a "2 round burst" weapon in the database. The 37mm cannons could be loaded with HE ammo as well, or a universal belt with a mix of AP and HE. Currently different ammo types aren't really available for guns on planes, but because of the nature of this weapon (37mm AP was intended solely for tanks) hopefully something could be done to allow switching ammo types, even if it meant having to manually apply it after takeoff (similar to the torpedo loadouts on some submarines).

2x 7.62mm ShKAS machine guns- 1500 rounds of ammo (750 rounds per gun), the guns could only fire together.

12.7mm Berezin UB machine gun in rear turret- 196 rounds of ammo.

Loadout options-

16x 25kg AO-25M-1 bombs

6x 50kg FAB-50 bomb

4x 100kg FAB-100 bomb

6x 100kg FAB-100 bomb

2x 250kg FAB-250M-43 bomb

6x 50kg FAB-50 bomb + 10x RS-82 rockets

6x 50kg FAB-50 bomb + 10x RBS-82 rockets

16x AO-25M-1 bomb + 10x RS-82 rockets

16x AO-25M-1 bomb + 10x RBS-82 rockets

10x RS-132 rockets

10x RBS-132 rockets

Su-6 -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Frontal Aviation [VVS]), AM-42 engine, 23mm

2x 23mm Vya-23 cannons- 240 rounds of ammo (120 rounds per gun), the guns could only fire together.

2x 7.62mm ShKAS machine guns- 1500 rounds of ammo (750 rounds per gun), the guns could only fire together.

Loadout options-

16x 25kg AO-25M-1 bombs

6x 50kg FAB-50 bomb

4x 100kg FAB-100 bomb

6x 100kg FAB-100 bomb

10x RS-132 rockets

10x RBS-132 rockets

Su-6 -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Aviation [AV-MF]), M-71F engine

2x 37mm NS-37 cannons- 90 rounds of 37 AP ammo (45 rounds per gun), the guns could only fire together so this weapon should be added as a "2 round burst" weapon in the database. The 37mm cannons could be loaded with HE ammo as well, or a universal belt with a mix of AP and HE. Currently different ammo types aren't really available for guns on planes, but because of the nature of this weapon (37mm AP was intended solely for tanks) hopefully something could be done to allow switching ammo types, even if it meant having to manually apply it after takeoff (similar to the torpedo loadouts on some submarines).

Loadout options-

16x 25kg AO-25M-1 bombs

6x 50kg FAB-50 bomb

6x 100kg FAB-100 bomb

10x RS-132 rockets

10x RBS-132 rockets

Sources for all three aircraft-

https://wiki.warthunder.com/Su-6_(AM-42)
https://wiki.warthunder.com/Su-6_(M-71F)

I apologize for using the wiki of another game as a source but there are literally no other English sources with detailed information.

Now for the Tu-16. All data is from the book titled Tupolev Tu-16: Versatile Cold War Bomber by Yefim Gordon, Dmitriy Kommissarov, and Vladimir Rigmant.

Please note that it is late where I am so for now I will just provide the missing loadouts and the correct naming/date changes for the current "original" Tu-16 we have in the game. I will supply the various other data shortly.

DBID #629 Tu-16 Badger-A, should have the following name-

Tu-16 Badger-A -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Long Range Aviation [DA]), sans suffixe, 1954)

Sans suffixe is the term casually used at the end of Soviet aircraft types that have no variant defining suffix letter. For example, the first production version of the MiG-17, which did not have a letter to denote a certain version, would be referred to as the MiG-17 sans suffixe.

The "From" date should be changed to 1954 while the "Until" date can remain as 0, as the Tu-16 bomber version continued to serve past 1979, albeit in small numbers.

Data for the loadouts can be found on page 305 of the book.

Changes to loadouts-

The 2x RN-42 nuclear bomb loadout should be removed. The original version of the Tu-16 could not carry these (Note- a will make a separate request detailing various Soviet strategic nuclear weapons later as most of them have some inaccuracy).

The 40x FAB-250M-54 loadout should be removed. Only missile carrier variants of the Tu-16 were capable of mounting external bomb racks.

The 26x FAB-500M-54 loadout should be removed. Only the missile carrier variants of the Tu-16 were capable of mounting external bomb racks.

Loadouts that should be added-

24x FAB-250M46 bombs

18x FAB-500M-46 bombs

6x FAB-1500M-46 bombs

6x FAB-1500M-54 bombs

2x FAB-3000M-46 bombs

2x FAB-3000M-54 bombs

1x FAB-5000M-54 bomb

1x FAB-9000M-54 bomb

16x FAB-250M-43 bombs

12x FAB-500M-43 bombs

4x FAB-1000M-43 bombs

4x FAB-2000M-43 bombs

1x BrAB-6000 armor piercing bomb

4x AMD-500 mines

12 x AMD-500 mines

4x AMD-1000 mines

6x AMD-2M mines

8x AMD-2M mines

8x IGDM mines

6x Serpey mines

8x Desna mines

8x Lira mines

4x RAT-52 torpedoes

6x 45-36MAV torpedoes

Thank you for considering my requests.

Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 752
AGM-65A Maverick EO error in database viewer - 2/4/2019 12:29:03 AM   
dpabrams

In the database viewer it lists the description as the AGM-62 I ERDL

Vote for Pedro

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 753
RE: AGM-65A Maverick EO error in database viewer - 2/4/2019 2:30:16 AM   
Scorpion86

quote:

ORIGINAL: dpabrams

In the database viewer it lists the description as the AGM-62 I ERDL

The descriptions in the database viewer are fan-made and not in the CWDB (or DB3K) proper.
You can report this problem in this thread.

To Admins:

Maybe we should have a sticky warning people not to post description bugs in this thread and redirecting them to where they should go? It's not the first time I've seen this either on this or the DB3K thread. Just a suggestion.

(in reply to dpabrams)
Post #: 754
RE: AGM-65A Maverick EO error in database viewer - 2/4/2019 7:14:48 AM   
SunlitZelkova

I am now able to provide the performance data for the attackers as well as other data for the Tu-16.

Su-6 -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Frontal Aviation [VVS]), AM-42 engine, 37mm

Category: Fixed Wing

Type: Attack

Length: 9.24 meters

Wingspan: 13.5 meters

Height: 3.89 meters

Crew: 2

Empty weight: 4000kg

Max weight: 5534kg

Max Payload: 0 kg (assuming payload refers to cargo)

OODA cycle: N/A (not familiar with how this is calculated)

Aircraft size: Small aircraft (0-12m long)

Agility: N/A (in the database, there is a number, I don't know what that number actually refers to or how it is calculated)

Average climb rate: 40 meters per second (this number is based on the IL-10, the Su-6 with the AM-42 engine apparently had slightly worse performance due to having more armor. I was unable to find a number for the aircraft)

Instantaneous climb rate, S/L: 120 meters per second (this number is based on the IL-10, the Su-6 with the AM-42 engine apparently had slightly worse performance due to having more armor. I was unable to find a number for the aircraft)

Take-off/Landing Distance: 410 meters/730 meters TOD/LAD

Cockpit visibility: Forward: Average, Sideways: Average, Aft: Average

Armor: Fuselage: Rifle Resistant? (I am unsure whether parts of the cockpit qualify as the fuselage. Due to the aircraft's size, half of the plane could be considered to be armored, but it is all around the crew, meaning it could be considered to be the cockpit. Apart from around the cockpit area and the engine, there is no armor (although there is a 6mm steel plate in the propeller spinner/the front of the engine), Cockpit: Rifle Resistant? (The sides have steel plates of 4mm and 6mm thickness, there is a 10mm steel plate between the gunner and the pilot, and there are 12mm and 10mm steel plates protecting the gunner, while there is 64mm bulletproof glass used for the front windows and the rear window for the gunner. Considering the normal engagement distances for 7.62mm/Rifle rounds, and that the armor thickness varies, I don't know what the exact classification within CMANO's armor system would be), Powerplant: Handgun Resistant? (It has 4mm of steel all around, considering the normal engagement distances for 7.62mm/Rifle rounds, I don't know whether that amount of armor would still qualify as "Rifle Resistant" or not)

Damage points: N/A (I am unsure how this is calculated)

Sensors/EW-

1x Mk1 Eyeball

Comms/Datalinks-

HF Radio (Secure)

UHF Radio (Secure)

Signatures-

N/A (I am unsure as to how to calculate this)

Properties-

Bombsight - Basic (Assuming this refers to the pilot's gunsight, for example, being used to aim bombs or rockets, as otherwise, this aircraft has no "conventional" bombsight)

Propulsion-

1x Mikulin AM-42 #1

Technical details-

Same as IL-10 (assuming performance is based purely on the engine and not the airframe)

Performance details for Mikulin AM-42

Same as IL-10 (assuming performance is based purely on the engine and not the airframe)

Fuel-

Same as IL-10 (I am unable to find the fuel amount for the Su-6)

Su-6 -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Frontal Aviation [VVS]), AM-42 engine, 23mm

Empty weight: 4000kg

Max weight: 5534kg

Agility: N/A (in the database, there is a number, I don't know what that number actually refers to or how it is calculated)

Average climb rate: 40 meters per second (this number is based on the IL-10, the Su-6 with the AM-42 engine apparently had slightly worse performance due to having more armor. I was unable to find a number for the aircraft)

Instantaneous climb rate, S/L: 120 meters per second (this number is based on the IL-10, the Su-6 with the AM-42 engine apparently had slightly worse performance due to having more armor. I was unable to find a number for the aircraft)

Armor: Fuselage: Rifle Resistant? (I am unsure whether parts of the cockpit qualify as the fuselage. Due to the aircraft's size, half of the plane could be considered to be armored, but it is all around the crew, meaning it could be considered to be the cockpit. Apart from around the cockpit area and the engine, there is no armor (although there is a 6mm steel plate in the propeller spinner/the front of the engine), Cockpit: Rifle Resistant? (The sides have steel plates of 4mm and 6mm thickness, there is a 10mm steel plate between the gunner and the pilot, and there are 12mm and 10mm steel plates protecting the gunner, while there is 64mm bulletproof glass used for the front windows and the rear window for the gunner. Considering the normal engagement distances for 7.62mm/Rifle rounds, and that the armor thickness varies, I don't know what the exact classification within CMANO's armor system would be), Powerplant: Handgun Resistant? (It has 4mm of steel all around, considering the normal engagement distances for 7.62mm/Rifle rounds, I don't know whether that amount of armor would still qualify as "Rifle Resistant" or not)

Sensors/EW-

1x Mk1 Eyeball

Comms/Datalinks-

HF Radio (Secure)

UHF Radio (Secure)

Signatures-

Properties-

Bombsight - Basic (Assuming this refers to the pilot's gunsight, for example, being used to aim bombs or rockets, as otherwise, this aircraft has no "conventional" bombsight)

Propulsion-

1x Mikulin AM-42 #1

Technical details-

Fuel-

Su-6 -- Soviet Union [-1991] (Naval Aviation [AV-MF]), M-71F engine

Empty weight: 4100kg

Max weight: 5100kg

Average climb rate: 43 meters per second (this number is based on the IL-10, the Su-6 with the AM-42 engine apparently had slightly worse performance due to having more armor. I was unable to find a number for the aircraft)

Instantaneous climb rate, S/L: 129 meters per second (this number is based on the IL-10, the Su-6 with the AM-42 engine apparently had slightly worse performance due to having more armor. I was unable to find a number for the aircraft)

Armor: Fuselage: Rifle Resistant? (I am unsure whether parts of the cockpit qualify as the fuselage. Due to the aircraft's size, half of the plane could be considered to be armored, but it is all around the crew, meaning it could be considered to be the cockpit. Apart from around the cockpit area, there is no armor), Cockpit: Rifle Resistant? (The sides have steel plates of 4mm and 6mm thickness, there is a 10mm steel plate between the gunner and the pilot, and there are 12mm and 10mm steel plates protecting the gunner, while there is 64mm bulletproof glass used for the front windows and the rear window for the gunner. Considering the normal engagement distances for 7.62mm/Rifle rounds, and that the armor thickness varies, I don't know what the exact classification within CMANO's armor system would be), Powerplant: None? (There is however a 6mm steel plate in the propeller spinner/the front of the engine. It is so small though that I don't know whether it would qualify for making the entire engine considered to be armored)

Sensors/EW-

1x Mk1 Eyeball

Comms/Datalinks-

HF Radio (Secure)

UHF Radio (Secure)

Signatures-

Properties-

Propulsion-

1x Shvetsov M-71F, Piston, Max Speed: 277 knots

Technical details-

N/A (I am unable to locate this information)

N/A (I am unable to locate this information)

Fuel-

Performance data for DBID #629 Tu-16 Badger-A (if nothing is listed or a certain category is not there, it is because it is correct and thus does not need to be changed)-

All data is from the book titled Tupolev Tu-16: Versatile Cold War Bomber by Yefim Gordon, Dmitriy Kommissarov, and Vladimir Rigmant.

Crew: 6

Max Weight: 72000kg

Instantaneous Climb Rate, S/L: 22 meters per second with a 57000kg take off weight, 18 meters per second with a 71560kg take off weight

Armor: (See below)

The crew of the front cabin's seats were protected by varying levels of armor, ranging from 8-25mm thickness, made of plates either made of aluminum or steel. The flight deck's sides were protected by two 6mm steel plates, one on each side. The flight deck floor was protected by two 8mm steel plates and a single 15mm glassfibre-textolite composite plate.

The crew of the rear cabin's seats were protected by varying levels of armor ranging from 5-24mm in thickness, made of plates either made of aluminum or steel. The rear cabin was protected in varying levels, made of 5-10mm plates of steel, aluminum, cast magnesium alloy, or a combination of cast magnesium alloy and steel. The glass to the side of the tail gunner each were composed of a single 105mm Triplex glass pane, while the glass to the rear of the gunner (the glass the gunner looks out of if sitting forwards in his seat, aiming to the rear of the plane) was a single 135mm Triplex glass pane.

The fuselage and powerplant otherwise were unarmored.

Due to these varying levels of thickness, I am unsure as to what the thickness would be considered for the cockpit area.

Sensors/EW-

The SPO-3 Sirena-3 radar warning receiver should be removed. Early bomber Tu-16s did not have this.

Comms/Datalinks-

The UHF/VHF Radio (Unsecure) should be removed. It should be replaced by a second individual HF Radio (Unsecure) and an individual VHF Radio (Unsecure).

Properties-

Probe Refuelling should be removed. Tu-16 bombers did not have this capability until 1957, and even then it was only a few, not all of them.

Propulsion-

The RD-3Ms should be changed to 2x RD-3. They are Turbojets, the maximum speed possible is 411 knots indicated air speed at 6250 meters.

Technical details-

Military static thrust at S/L- 8750 kg per engine

Military static SFC at S/L- 1.0 kg/h/kg

Performance Details for 2x RD-3-

Please note I only have speed data for military power. I hope the cruising speed and loiter speed can be adjusted accordingly if I provide the landing speed. The landing speed with a 44000kg landing weight is 120 knots.

These numbers assume that all of the speeds in the game and in the database are in indicated airspeed.

Altitude Band & Throttle Altitude Speed Fuel consumption

Band 1, Military Speed 3657.6 meters 378 knots, 0.56 Mach N/A (data unavailable)

Band 2, Military Speed 3657.6-7315.2 meters 382 knots, 0.57 Mach N/A (data unavailable) Note- This is such a broad range of altitude that I just used the data for 5000 meters altitude. The speed at military power at 7000 meters is 394 knots.

Band 3, Military Speed 7315.2-10972.8 meters 345 knots, 0.51 Mach N/A (data unavailable) Note- This is such a broad range of altitude that I just used the data for 9000 meters altitude. The speed at military power at 10000 meters is 320 knots.

Band 4, Military Speed 10972.8-13716 meters 266 knots, 0.39 Mach N/A (data unavailable) Note- This is such a broad range of altitude that I just used the data for 12000 meters altitude. The Tu-16 had a service ceiling of 12800 meters at nominal power. Data for speed performance at higher altitudes than 12000 meters is not available.

Note- The maximum speed at take off power with a 55000kg AUW is 535 knots at 6250 meters. This is in true airspeed however.

Fuel-

Fuel Type: Aviation Fuel, Quantity: 34360kg

Thank you for considering my requests.

Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin

(in reply to dpabrams)
Post #: 755
US Navy TA-4J and TA-4F Skyhawk's - 2/4/2019 11:43:55 PM   
dpabrams

I'm looking for some insight into these two aircraft that flew as part of Composite Squadron's VC-8 and VC-10. I am working up a mid 70's Caribbean scenario and these Skyhawk's were apparently deployed at NAS Guantanamo and Roosevelt Roads in the mid 70's through the late 90's. They were twin seat trainers but yet carried weapons. Details are confusing on the exact roles as they are referred to as providing aerial target services for fleet training and dissimilar air combat maneuver training (DACT) and also modified to carry air-to-ground ordnance and AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles.

TA-4F — Conversion trainer - standard A-4F with extra seat for an instructor, 241 built
TA-4J — Dedicated trainer version based on A-4F, but lacking weapons systems, and with down-rated engine, 277 built new, and most TA-4Fs were later converted to this configuration

I note that requests are usually accompanied with a great amount of detail but I have only found specifications and performance data on the single seat varieties. I see that there are plenty of twin seat TA-4 aircraft that are in the DB3000 but these are not in the CW DB. It appears that the TA-4J and TA-4F may be very similar to the TA-4H (Indonesia 1983-2003) and TA-4K (NZ 1984) in the DB3000 as they have less static thrust and can carry AIM-9's and a variety of ordinance. In fact I think (?) the TA-4K (NZ 1984) would make a viable substitute.

Any ideas?

Vote for Pedro

(in reply to SunlitZelkova)
Post #: 756
RE: US Navy TA-4J and TA-4F Skyhawk's - 2/5/2019 7:49:48 PM   
.Sirius

quote:

I'm looking for some insight into these two aircraft that flew as part of Composite Squadron's VC-8 and VC-10. I am working up a mid 70's Caribbean scenario and these Skyhawk's were apparently deployed at NAS Guantanamo and Roosevelt Roads in the mid 70's through the late 90's. They were twin seat trainers but yet carried weapons. Details are confusing on the exact roles as they are referred to as providing aerial target services for fleet training and dissimilar air combat maneuver training (DACT) and also modified to carry air-to-ground ordnance and AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles.

TA-4F — Conversion trainer - standard A-4F with extra seat for an instructor, 241 built
TA-4J — Dedicated trainer version based on A-4F, but lacking weapons systems, and with down-rated engine, 277 built new, and most TA-4Fs were later converted to this configuration

I note that requests are usually accompanied with a great amount of detail but I have only found specifications and performance data on the single seat varieties. I see that there are plenty of twin seat TA-4 aircraft that are in the DB3000 but these are not in the CW DB. It appears that the TA-4J and TA-4F may be very similar to the TA-4H (Indonesia 1983-2003) and TA-4K (NZ 1984) in the DB3000 as they have less static thrust and can carry AIM-9's and a variety of ordinance. In fact I think (?) the TA-4K (NZ 1984) would make a viable substitute.

Any ideas?

quote:

TA-4J

Added

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law

(in reply to dpabrams)
Post #: 757
AN/FPS-7, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D - 2/10/2019 5:24:49 PM   
dpabrams

In my scenario work for a Caribbean circa 1970 I am running across RADAR that was in use at MacDill AFB. In the mid-1950s, General Electric developed a radar with a search altitude of 100,000 feet and a range of 270 miles. This radar was significant in that it was the first stacked-beam radar to enter into production in the United States. Designed to operate in the L-band at 1250 to 1350 MHz, the radar deployed in late 1959 and the early 1960s. The AN/FPS-7 was used for both air defense and air traffic.In the early 1960s, a modification called AN/ECP-91 was installed to improve its electronic countermeasure (ECM) capability. About thirty units were produced MacDill upgraded a FPS-7B to a E model in 1966.

Thanks,

< Message edited by dpabrams -- 2/10/2019 5:25:42 PM >

Vote for Pedro

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 758
RE: AN/FPS-7, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D - 2/14/2019 7:00:01 PM   
Clockmaster77

Sorry, I post the following request on the wrong Thread (DB3000 requests) but I should have post it here (CWDB requests). So I repost here. Sorry Again.

Battleship Novorossiysk (1949-1955).
Just... please think about that glorious ship, used as a training ship in the Soviet Navy (1949-55).
It was completed in 1914 for the Kingdom of Italy as "Giulio Cesare". Recommissioned/modified in 1937 (it served in Royal Italian Navy in WWII). Then it was sell to Soviet Union in 1949 to pay part of Italian War Debts towards Soviet Union.
The ship was armed with a main battery of thirteen 305 mm/46 Model 1909 guns in three triple-gun turret and two twin-gun turrets. The secondary battery comprised eighteen 120 mm (4.7 in) guns, all mounted the sides of the hull. Giulio Cesare was also armed with fourteen 76 mm (3.0 in) guns. She was equipped with three submerged 450 mm (17.7 in) torpedo tubes. The belt armor was 250 mm thick.
After the end of World War I, the number of 50-caliber 76 mm guns was reduced to 13, mounted on the turret tops, and six new 40-caliber 76 mm anti-aircraft (AA) guns were installed abreast the aft funnel. In addition two license-built 2-pounder AA guns were mounted on the forecastle deck.
When she was sell to Soviet Union all Italian light AA guns were replaced by eighteen 37 mm 70-K AA guns in six twin mounts and six singles. Soviet Union wants to replace her with Soviet built 305 mm guns, but the ship sunk in 1955.

It would be great in some mine sweep scenario in the early cold war era: it was sunk by a German WWII mine in Sevastopol in 1955, with the tragical loss of 608 sailors. But some uncontrolled rumors says that a group of italian navy veteran frogmen sabotaged the ship for retaliation: and this is great for a Scenario! If the developers will add this Ship (and perhaps some post wwII italian MAS vehicles) I promise I'll create a scenario about this highly fictional interpretation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_battleship_Giulio_Cesare

https://www.revolvy.com/page/Italian-battleship-Giulio-Cesare

Goodbye!

"History is the only discipline that is studied not to be repeated."

(in reply to dpabrams)
Post #: 759
RE: AN/FPS-7, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D - 2/14/2019 7:12:00 PM   
Clockmaster77

This Hypotetical experimental airplanes could be a nice add:

- Aerfer Sagittario 2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerfer_Sagittario_2

- Aerfer Ariete
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerfer_Ariete

bye

(in reply to Clockmaster77)
Post #: 760
RE: AN/FPS-7, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D - 2/14/2019 7:49:24 PM   
Clockmaster77

Please consider the addition of the "Eastern U-2": Yak-25RV Mandrake

it was a variant of the Yak-25 dedicated to high altitude espionage/recognition. Many of its characteristics were similar to that of United States Lockheed U-2, but it had a more troubled history since to structural and engine problems.

Yak-25rv Mandrake

Weight and Dimensions
Length 17,17 m
Width 23,4 m
Height 3,8 m
Wing Swept Angle: differently from the Yak-25 the wing was not 45 degrees swept back, but it was a straight highly elongated wing

Wing Area 51,5 m²
Empy Weight 6 175 kg
Max Take Off Weight 9 950 kg

PERFORMANCE:
Max. speed 870 km/h
Ceiling 20500 m
Range 3500 km

Here the specs in a link:
http://www.aviastar.org/air/russia/yak-25rv.php

and in the link below the history of the aircraft:
https://hangar47.com/yakovlev-yak-25rv/

As you can read, it is an important plane since it was the only high altitude Russian recon plane in the Cold War before the appearence of Myasishchev M-17 and M-55 now used for research.
Its addition would allow the creation of many interesting scenarios.
Ok, the Mig 25 have had recon variants, but it was not a dedicated high altitude spyplane.
Please consider it. In the past I also did a 3D Model of this, I have attached an image so the CMANO community can see what it looks like in perspective, since it is a very little known aircraft.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 761
RE: AN/FPS-7, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D - 2/14/2019 8:03:40 PM   
.Sirius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clockmaster77

Please consider the addition of the "Eastern U-2": Yak-25RV Mandrake

it was a variant of the Yak-25 dedicated to high altitude espionage/recognition. Many of its characteristics were similar to that of United States Lockheed U-2, but it had a more troubled history since to structural and engine problems.

Yak-25rv Mandrake

Weight and Dimensions
Length 17,17 m
Width 23,4 m
Height 3,8 m
Wing Swept Angle: differently from the Yak-25 the wing was not 45 degrees swept back, but it was a straight highly elongated wing

Wing Area 51,5 m²
Empy Weight 6 175 kg
Max Take Off Weight 9 950 kg

PERFORMANCE:
Max. speed 870 km/h
Ceiling 20500 m
Range 3500 km

Here the specs in a link:
http://www.aviastar.org/air/russia/yak-25rv.php

and in the link below the history of the aircraft:
https://hangar47.com/yakovlev-yak-25rv/

As you can read, it is an important plane since it was the only high altitude Russian recon plane in the Cold War before the appearence of Myasishchev M-17 and M-55 now used for research.
Its addition would allow the creation of many interesting scenarios.
Ok, the Mig 25 have had recon variants, but it was not a dedicated high altitude spyplane.
Please consider it. In the past I also did a 3D Model of this, I have attached an image so the CMANO community can see what it looks like in perspective, since it is a very little known aircraft.

Already in the DB :)

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

Post #: 762
RE: AN/FPS-7, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D - 2/14/2019 8:16:11 PM   
.Sirius

quote:

In my scenario work for a Caribbean circa 1970 I am running across RADAR that was in use at MacDill AFB. In the mid-1950s, General Electric developed a radar with a search altitude of 100,000 feet and a range of 270 miles. This radar was significant in that it was the first stacked-beam radar to enter into production in the United States. Designed to operate in the L-band at 1250 to 1350 MHz, the radar deployed in late 1959 and the early 1960s. The AN/FPS-7 was used for both air defense and air traffic.In the early 1960s, a modification called AN/ECP-91 was installed to improve its electronic countermeasure (ECM) capability. About thirty units were produced MacDill upgraded a FPS-7B to a E model in 1966.

Thanks,

Added

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to dpabrams)
Post #: 763
RE: AN/FPS-7, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D - 2/14/2019 10:40:06 PM   
Clockmaster77

quote:

ORIGINAL: .Sirius

Where? I can't find it in the CWDB in the "Soviet Union [-1991]" entry, nor in DB3000 "Russia [1992-]","None","Unknown" and "Generic". I'm missing something? Thanks alot for the help

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 764
RE: AN/FPS-7, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D - 2/15/2019 9:15:27 AM   
.Sirius

quote:

quote:

Where? I can't find it in the CWDB in the "Soviet Union [-1991]" entry, nor in DB3000 "Russia [1992-]","None","Unknown" and "Generic". I'm missing something? Thanks alot for the help

its Platform ID 2377 Yak-25RV Mandrake (Soviet Union) -1991

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

Post #: 765
RE: AN/FPS-7, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D - 2/15/2019 4:12:01 PM   
Clockmaster77

quote:

at this point or my files are missing and this is a serious problem (but the Steam version of my Command License is updated to the latest build), or I'm missing something on how to consult database. I've done a Steam check of Command Files Integrity and 116 files was corrected, but the database still lacks this entry (and all Yak-25 family and who knows how many other entries). What should I do? Uninstall and Re-Download Command from Steam for example?

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 766
RE: AN/FPS-7, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D - 2/15/2019 4:39:08 PM   
.Sirius

quote:

quote:

at this point or my files are missing and this is a serious problem (but the Steam version of my Command License is updated to the latest build), or I'm missing something on how to consult database. I've done a Steam check of Command Files Integrity and 116 files was corrected, but the database still lacks this entry (and all Yak-25 family and who knows how many other entries). What should I do? Uninstall and Re-Download Command from Steam for example?

that's strange I would go for a re install to see if that clears the problem

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

Post #: 767
RE: AN/FPS-7, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D - 2/16/2019 1:14:15 PM   
dpabrams

Question------When do the DB additions make it into the Sim? I updated to v1.14 Build 998.19 last week. I was looking at my DB files and the last update is CWDB_476, file dated 11/23/2018. DB3K_476 is dated 11/11/2018. Does it just take time to add the DB additions to the sim updates or is there a place to get the updated DB?

NEVERMIND, I just read the "What's new" pdf and it's clear the DB updates come with the Sim updates.

Thanks for the work Sirius

< Message edited by dpabrams -- 2/16/2019 1:18:15 PM >

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 768
RE: AN/FPS-7, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D - 3/2/2019 8:33:22 AM   
Filitch

Please remove code 1001 Illuminate at Launch for missiles AA-7 Apex A(#746), C(#1498) and add code 2012 Lock-On After Launch (LOAL).
Remove code 2002 Anti-Air Rear-Aspect and add code 2003 Anti-Air All-Aspect for missiles AA-7 Apex B (#747)
Change minimal air range to 0.2 nm (0.5 km) for missiles AA-7 Apex C(#1498), D (#1499)
Homing device for C was developed in second half of 70-s. Should generation be changed?
Probability of kill for B should be higher, about 70%. According launches statistics it can be 70-75%.
Sources: R.Angelsky "Domestic air-to-air missiles", Aviation and cosmonautics, #9 2002.
http://rbase.new-factoria.ru/missile/wobb/r23/r23.shtml
http://rbase.new-factoria.ru/missile/wobb/r24/r24.shtml

(in reply to dpabrams)
Post #: 769
Valiant, Victor, Vulcan - 3/2/2019 9:41:45 AM   
IJV

Hi! There are some issues with the Valiant, Victor, Vulcan aircraft that the recent V-Bomber scenario made me notice. Some guesswork/estimation on my part, I don't claim to be an expert and may be wrong! Apologies for the big dump of text...not spergy, just detail-oriented, riiiight.

Valiant

First issue is that fuel capacity is a mess. This was highlighted in the tech support forum but I'll put it here as well for completeness - currently fuel capacity is 5435kg for all variants including the tanker which renders it almost useless for that role and hyper-efficient if taking on fuel from tankers. The pilots' notes (can be gotten from here for all three aircraft, incidentally, kinda neat to read through) puts fuel capacity as:

25230kg internal fuel only;
36320kg with external/drop tanks;
38360kg with external/drop tanks and bomb bay tank (ie, as a tanker/recon aircraft).

- The external tanks seem to have been used most of the time and to judge by the stated max weight of 167000lbs payload seems to have been at least 40t, plenty for a single early hydrogen bomb after fuel but probably a little short for a full load of HE bombs which would affect the range somewhat.

- Currently in-game range with a single Yellow Sun is around 3300nm if flown entirely at best altitude/speed which sounds about right, but is slightly longer (3400nm or so) with twice the load of HE bombs which should probably be rather lower. 2750nm? 3000? vOv.

- Range would presumably be a little longer for lighter loadouts with the small Red Beard tactical kabooms.

- Ferry/recon/tanker range is around 5900nm in-game at the moment which seems rather optimistic especially compared to the Victor and Vulcan; vague internet guff has it at 3500nm on internal fuel only or 4500nm with external tanks which at least seems more plausible.

- There is an option to carry four Mk. 36 bombs which are 10Mt weapons weighing about 7t. Should probably just be one!

- The aircraft were apparently fit with a tail warning radar which is not present, 'Orange Putter', it's a tiny little thing so range can't have been much (few miles?) but the internet doesn't seem to know anything much about it and so neither do I. This seems to have also been widely fit to the Canberra, early Victor and early Vulcan and doesn't exist in-game that I can see.

Victor

Here there are really two separate issues:

- Range, and therefore fuel consumption, is really messed up;
- The B.1 and B.2 have the same data but the B.2 is reasonably different.

- Victor B.1 is the original model with AS Sapphire engines of around 45000lb total thrust; B.2 is re-engined with RR Conway turbofans of around 70000-80000lb total thrust so can take rather more of a load. Fuel capacity may also be slightly low, being apparently (for B.2, not clear if different or how for B.1):

30840kg internal fuel only;
42850kg with external/drop tanks;
50000kg with external/drop tanks and two bomb bay tanks (ie, as tanker/recon aircraft)

- I say may as most of the usual internet source stuff says 41t as a tanker - maybe the stuff in the pilots' notes got revised later?

- Payload for the B.1 seems to have been around 41t total which probably explains why the external tanks appear to have been less used.

- I suspect fuel load and therefore range should be a fraction higher than but comparable to the Valiant, but it isn't; range in-game is around 1800nm with Yellow Sun, ie less than a Canberra. The specified radius for all three aircraft when they were ordered was 1500nm/3000nm range and it seems unlikely that wasn't met as there'd have been a lot of squawking about it - gotta get those Commies nuked, after all!

- Range with 35000lbs of HE (ie 5x the weight of Yellow Sun) is currently longer at around 2000nm - that might be about right as it'd require a lot of fuel to be left behind. Arguably there should be the option to carry 21000lbs as per the other two to a longer range. There is the option to carry Tallboy or Grand Slam bombs with these due to the v. large bomb bay which end up around the same weight.

- Ferry/tanker range in-game is comparable to Valiant at 5900nm. For the B.1 and K.1, being load-limited with thirstier engines, might be a bit shorter.

- MTOW for the B.2 gets a significant bump with the more powerful/efficient engines and payload looks like it ought to be around 56t. That probably allows you to take one of the bomb bay fuel tanks and some of the smaller bombs to some pretty significant range.

- Currently in game Yellow Sun is not in the loadouts, but probably should be, perhaps along with some US bombs (B43 as per Valiant?).

- Conceptually you might have been able to squeeze two Yellow Sun/Blue Danube into the Victor but I don't know that there were ever enough of them around that this would have been done.

- Ferry/tanker range remains at 5900nm which seems reasonable at 50t fuel.

- All Victor models in-game except the K.2 are fit with ARI.5919 Red Steer as a RWR but should presumably also have ARI.5952 Red Steer as a tail warning radar (except the B.1A, which should only have the little Orange Putter?)

Vulcan

- Sort of like the Victor, the B.2 version is a bit different (significantly more powerful engines and a slightly larger wing) - the B.1 also seems not to have had the option of bomb bay tanks whereas the B.2 does. Again per the manual it's 33600kg (internal only), 37210kg (with one bomb bay tank) 40820kg (with both bay tanks)

- I think fuel is therefore mostly OK here with the exception of the recon and Skybolt carrier versions - the former could presumably take at least one of the bay tanks and the latter perhaps both, weight permitting (since the missiles were to be carried externally).

- Range is a bit inconsistent here too - for the B.1, 4700nm ferry (makes sense), 2650nm with Yellow Sun (probably a bit low), 3000nm with 21000lbs HE (might be right but should presumably be lower than with YS), 2650nm with Red Beard (should be a bit higher than YS as less weight - the late B.2 with four lightweight WE.177 will do 3850nm which is perhaps a bit high for the B.1 but may be more in the right ballpark).

- For the B.2, numbers are the same - should probably be a bit higher as new engines etc. The one that really stands out as weird is the Skybolt carrier loadouts which can do 4700nm with two big honking missiles strapped to the outside!

- Oddly the early Blue Danube bomb is only on the later B.2 model. Should probably not be on there but be on the B.1, and presumably only one per aircraft not two.

- B.2 can load two Yellow Sun, which is not a great weight but I wonder if they'd actually fit in the bomb bay - they were apparently 20ft long and the bay is 30ft or so.

- As with Victor, those with ARI.5919 Red Steer as a RWR should presumably also have ARI.5952 Red Steer as a tail warning radar (with the early B.1 having Orange Putter?).

Thanks for all your fussing around doing this stuff!

(in reply to Filitch)
Post #: 770
RE: Valiant, Victor, Vulcan - 3/3/2019 7:24:19 AM   
.Sirius

Hi Thanks for the date I'll get onto it

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to IJV)
Post #: 771
RE: Valiant, Victor, Vulcan - 3/7/2019 6:28:47 AM   
IJV

Noticed one other thing just now, actually - the ARI.18051 chaff/flare dispenser looks like it's carrying the ship version of chaff/flares - actually it looks like a lot of components probably are as if you look at the 'Generic Flare Rocket' and 'Generic Chaff Rocket' there's an awful lot of aircraft listed, and it seems like they only work if fitted to a ship?

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 772
RE: Valiant, Victor, Vulcan - 3/7/2019 8:46:04 AM   
.Sirius

quote:

ARI.18051 chaff/flare dispense

Good catch fixed

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to IJV)
Post #: 773
RE: Valiant, Victor, Vulcan - 3/15/2019 10:19:28 PM   
Scorpion86

Hello, it's-a me again! I'm just dropping a few corrections for a few cold-war US aircraft! Enjoy!

Sensors:

AN/APS-54

- In game, this equipment is represented as a radar, when it is actually a radar warning receiver. (Page 169, sheet 4-16)

Sources:
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/mcdonnell/f-101voodoo/t-o-1f-101-r-y-a-1-utility-flight-manual-f-101-and-rf-yrf-101a-aircraft.html

Aircraft:

#844, #856, #1006, #906, #1164, #1842, #944, #1058, #1883, #880, #457, #3188 – RF-84F Thunderflash

- Recon equipment:
--1 forward oblique K-22 camera (25º below horizontal)
--1 vertical K-17 camera
--2 left/right oblique K-17 cameras
--1 left oblique K-22 camera (25º to 40º below horizontal)
--1 vertical K-38 camera

- Weapons:
--4 M3 Browning 12,7mm machineguns

Sources:
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/aircraft/usa/republic/f-84-thunderjet-thunderflash-thunderstreak/t-o-1f-84-r-f-1-flight-manual-rf-84f-5-and-later-aircraft.html
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/RF-84F_Thunderflash_(W-3_Engine)_CS_-_20_June_1956_(Yip).pdf
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/RF-84F_Thunderflash_(W-7)_CS_-_20_June_1956_(Yip).pdf

#1436, #2658, #2007, #2513, #996, #1161, #1526, #2679, #939, #1044, #1797, #1869, #2626, #871 – RT-33A Shooting Star
#3182 – RF-80A Shooting Star
#2199 – RF-80C Shooting Star

- Recon equipment:
--1 forward oblique K-22 camera – 12” lens
--2 left/right oblique K-17 cameras – 6” lens
--1 vertical K-38 camera – 24” lens

- Remove all guns.

Sources:
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/lockheed/t-33t-bird/t-o-1t-33-r-a-1-flight-manual-rt-33a.html

#1870, #2749, #40 – RF-101A Voodoo

- Avionics:

--Cameras:
---1 KA-2 12” Fwd Oblique
---2 KA-1 36” L/R Oblique
---3 KA-2 6” Down and L/R Oblique

--RWR: AN/APS-54

- Has refuelling probe

Sources:
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/mcdonnell/f-101voodoo/t-o-1f-101-r-y-a-1-utility-flight-manual-f-101-and-rf-yrf-101a-aircraft.html
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/RF-101A_Voodoo_SAC_-_14_May_1957.pdf

#2751, #128, #2753 – RF-101C Voodoo

- Avionics:

--Cameras:
---1 KA-2 12” Fwd Oblique
---2 KA-1 36” L/R Oblique
---3 KA-2 6” Down and L/R Oblique

- Has refuelling probe

Source:
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/RF-101C_Voodoo_SAC_-_2_September_1958.pdf

#2754 – RF-101G Voodoo

- Avionics:

--Cameras:
---3 KS-87 6” Fwd/L/R Oblique
---1 KA-56 3” Panoramic Down

- Has refuelling probe

Source:
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/mcdonnell/f-101voodoo/to-1f-101rg-1-mcdonnell-rf-101g-h-voodoo-flight-manual.html

#2755 – RF-101H Voodoo

- Avionics:

--Cameras:
---3 KS-87 6” Fwd/L/R Oblique
---1 KA-56 3” Panoramic Down

- Has refuelling probe

Source:
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/mcdonnell/f-101voodoo/to-1f-101rg-1-mcdonnell-rf-101g-h-voodoo-flight-manual.html

#3422, #1630 – RF-8A Crusader

- Camera:
--1 KB-10 3” Fwd Oblique
--3 CAX-12 1.5”-12” Down and L/R Oblique
--2 CAX-12 1.5”-12” L/R Oblique

Sources:
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/item/56082.html
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/RF-8A_Crusader_SAC_-_1_July_1967.pdf

#3423, #625 – RF-8G Crusader

- Avionics:

--RWR:
---AN/ALR-45, AN/ALR-50 (late)
---AN/APR-25, AN/APR-27 (early)

--ECM:
---AN/ALQ-126 (late)
---AN/ALQ-100 (early)

--CMD: AN/ALE-29A

--Cameras:
---1 KA-51 6” Fwd Oblique
---1 KA-66 3” Panoramic Down
---2 KS-87 3”-12” L/R Oblique

Sources:
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/vought/f-8crusader/4332navair01-45hhb-1natopsflightmanualrf-8g.html

#3192 – Lockheed EC-121D Warning Star

- Avionics:
--Search radar: AN/APS-20E
--Height-finder radar: AN/APS-45
--RWR: AN/APR-9B

Source:
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/lockheed/constellation/to-1c-121rd-1-flight-handbook-rc-121d.html

#508, #274 – Lockheed EC-121K Warning Star

- Avionics:

--Search radar: AN/APS-20

--RWR:
---AN/APR-9B
---AN/APR-13

Sources:
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/EC-121K_Constellation_SAC_-_1_July_1967.pdf
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/WV-2_Super_Constellation_SAC_-_1_November_1951.pdf
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/WV-2_Super_Constellation_SAC_-_15_September_1957.pdf

#3194 – Lockheed EC-121N Warning Star

- Avionics:
--Search radar: AN/APS-20B
--RWR: AN/APR-9B

Sources:
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/WC-121N_Constellation_SAC_-_1_July_1967.pdf
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/WV-3_Super_Constellation_SAC_-_15_June_1956.pdf

#3195 – Lockheed EC-121R Warning Star

- Avionics:

--Radar: AN/APS-42

--RWR:
---AN/APR-25
---AN/APR-26
---AN/ALR-27

--ECM: AN/ALT-28

Sources:
https://www.westin553.net/batcat09.htm
https://www.westin553.net/batcat00.htm

#1627, #3083, #3385 – F-8A Crusader

- Please remove the Mighty Mouse rockets, as due to problems with the launching system they were never used operationally.

Source:
http://www.vought.org/special/html/sf8u2.html

#1595, #3084, #3386, #3387, #1596, #1597, #3388, #3389 – F-8B/C Crusader

- Please remove the Mighty Mouse rockets, as due to problems with the launching system they were never used operationally.
- The F-8B and the F-8C used the AN/APS-67, not the AN/APG-30 nor the AN/APQ-94 radar.
- Can only carry 2 AIM-9B Sidewinder missiles.

Source:
http://www.joebaugher.com/navy_fighters/f8_4.html
http://www.vought.org/products/html/f8u-1.html
http://www.vought.org/special/html/sf8u2.html
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/F-8C_Crusader_SAC_-_1_July_1967.pdf

#1628, #3390 – F-8D Crusader (early)

- The early F-8D only carried the AN/APG-83 radar, no other IRST, RWR, ECM or CMD equipment.
- It carried 2 or 4 AIM-9B/C/D missiles.
- Please add a mixed 2 AIM-9B/D and 2 AIM-9C loadout.

#298, #3391 – F-8D Crusader (late)

- The late F-8D only carried the AN/APG-83 radar, the AN/AAS-15 IRST and no other RWR, ECM or CMD equipment.

Source:
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/F-8D_Crusader_SAC_-_1_July_1967.pdf
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/vought/f-8crusader/4330navair01-45hhd-1natopsflightmanualf-8d.html
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/vought/f-8crusader/4331navair01-45hhd-1asupplementalnatopsflightmanualf-8d.html

#297, #1629, #3392, #3393 – F-8E Crusader

- Avionics:
--Radar: AN/APQ-94
--IR: AN/AAS-15
--RWR: AN/APR-27 + AN/APR-30
--ECM: AN/ALQ-51
--CMD: AN/ALE-29

- The F-8E carried the AGM-12 Bullpup missiles in the wings, it could not carry them simultaneously with bombs.
- The F-8E usually carried 8 Zuni rockets in ground attack missions in the fuselage rails instead of Sidewinder missiles.

- Maximum wing loadout:
--12 Mk.81 GP bombs
--8 Mk.82 GP bombs
--2 Mk.83/84 bombs
--2 Bullpup A/B missiles

Source:
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/F-8E_Crusader_SAC_-_1_July_1967.pdf
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/vought/f-8crusader/4330navair01-45hhd-1natopsflightmanualf-8d.html
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/vought/f-8crusader/4331navair01-45hhd-1asupplementalnatopsflightmanualf-8d.html

#1598, #1599, #1600, #3398, #3399, #3400, #3607 – F-8H Crusader

- Avionics:

--Radar: AN/APQ-149

--ECM:
---AN/ALQ-51 (early)
---AN/ALQ-100 (late)

- The F-8H usually carried 8 Zuni rockets in ground attack missions in the fuselage rails instead of Sidewinder missiles.
- The F-8H carried the AGM-12 Bullpup missiles in the wings, it could not carry them simultaneously with bombs.

- Maximum wing loadout:
--4 LAU-3 launchers (76 FFAR total)
--4 LAU-10 launchers (16 Zuni total)
--8 Mk.82/81 GP bombs
--4 Mk.83/M117 bombs
--2 Mk.84 bombs
--4 Mk.77 incendiary
--2 Mk.79 incendiary
--8 Mk.20 Rockeye cluster bombs
--4 CBU-24/29/49 cluster bombs
--2 Bullpup A/B missiles

Source:
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/F-8H_Crusader_SAC_-_March_1973.pdf
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/aircraft/usa/vought/f-8crusader/navair-01-45hhe-1-natops-flight-manual-f-8h-and-f-8j.html

#1601, #1602, #1604, #3401, #3402, #3403 – F-8J Crusader

- Avionics:

--Radar: AN/APQ-124

--ECM:
---AN/ALQ-51 (early)
---AN/ALQ-100 (late)

- The F-8J usually carried 8 Zuni rockets in ground attack missions in the fuselage rails instead of Sidewinder missiles.
- The F-8J carried the AGM-12 Bullpup missiles in the wings, it could not carry them simultaneously with bombs.

- Maximum wing loadout:
--4 LAU-3 launchers (76 FFAR total)
--4 LAU-10 launchers (16 Zuni total)
--8 Mk.82/81 GP bombs
--4 Mk.83/M117 bombs
--2 Mk.84 bombs
--4 Mk.77 incendiary
--2 Mk.79 incendiary
--8 Mk.20 Rockeye cluster bombs
--4 CBU-24/29/49 cluster bombs
--2 Bullpup A/B missiles

Source:
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/F-8J_Crusader_SAC_-_March_1973.pdf
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/aircraft/usa/vought/f-8crusader/navair-01-45hhe-1-natops-flight-manual-f-8h-and-f-8j.html

#39, #117, #2752, #2756 – F-101B Voodoo

- Please remove every sensor except the MG-13 radar and the Mk.1 Eyeball.

- Weapon configurations:
--2 AIR-2 Genie + 2 AIM-4 (IR) Falcon
--2 AIR-2 Genie + 2 AIM-4 (SARH) Falcon
--6 AIM-4 (IR) Falcon
--6 AIM-4 (SARH) Falcon
--3 AIM-4 (IR) Falcon + 3 AIM-4 (SARH) Falcon

Source:
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/F-101B_Voodoo_SAC_-_26_September_1958.pdf
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/mcdonnell/f-101voodoo/t-o-1f-101b-1-flight-manual-f-101b-and-f-101f-aircraft.html

#623 – F-102A Delta Dagger (Early)

- Weapon configurations:
--24 FFAR rockets + 3 AIM-4 (IR) + 3 AIM-4 (SARH)
--24 FFAR rockets + 6 AIM-4 (IR) Falcon
--24 FFAR rockets + 6 AIM-4 (SARH) Falcon

Source:
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/F-102A_Delta_Dagger_SAC_-_24_February_1958.pdf

#1780, #2743, #3094, #3095 – F-102A Delta Dagger (Nuclear Capable)

- Weapon configurations:
--2 AIM-26A Falcon
--1 AIM-26A + 3 AIM-4 (IR) Falcon
--1 AIM-26A + 3 AIM-4 (SARH) Falcon
--3 AIM-4 (IR) + 3 AIM-4 (SARH)
--6 AIM-4 (IR) Falcon
--6 AIM-4 (SARH) Falcon
--2 AIM-26B Falcon
--1 AIM-26B + 3 AIM-4 (IR) Falcon
--1 AIM-26B + 3 AIM-4 (SARH) Falcon

Source:
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/F-102A_Delta_Dagger_SAC_-_August_1962.pdf

#1513, #2242 – F-102A Delta Dagger (Export)

- Weapon configurations:
--3 AIM-4 (IR) + 3 AIM-4 (SARH)
--6 AIM-4 (IR) Falcon
--6 AIM-4 (SARH) Falcon
--2 AIM-26B Falcon
--1 AIM-26B + 3 AIM-4 (IR) Falcon
--1 AIM-26B + 3 AIM-4 (SARH) Falcon

Source:
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/F-102A_Delta_Dagger_SAC_-_August_1962.pdf

#663, #1781, #3147, #3148 – F-106A Delta Dart

- Weapon configurations:
--1 AIR-2 Genie + 4 AIM-4F Falcon
--1 AIR-2 Genie + 4 AIM-4G Falcon
--1 AIR-2 Genie + 2 AIM-4F Falcon + 2 AIM-4G Falcon

Source:
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/F-106A_Delta_Dart_SAC_-_October_1961.pdf
http://www.alternatewars.com/SAC/F-106A_Delta_Dart_SAC_-_November_1964.pdf
http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/convair/f-106deltadart/t-o-1f-106a-1-flight-manual-usaf-series-f-106a-f-106b.html

Thank you for your attention. Just one question: do you prefer requests in long chunks or in small, digestible bits?

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 774
RE: P-40 Long Track radar should be 3-D capable - 3/18/2019 6:49:35 PM   
SeaQueen

Vietnam Era F-4 Chaff Bombing Loadout:

12x MJU-1 Chaff Bombs (similar in size and shape to M117 750lb bomb), 4x AIM-7 Sparrow

Also, during Linebacker F-4s based at Udorn in Thailand were equipped with ALE-38 chaff dispensers to protect the B-52s.

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 775
RE: P-40 Long Track radar should be 3-D capable - 3/21/2019 7:05:15 PM   
.Sirius

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen

Vietnam Era F-4 Chaff Bombing Loadout:

12x MJU-1 Chaff Bombs (similar in size and shape to M117 750lb bomb), 4x AIM-7 Sparrow

Also, during Linebacker F-4s based at Udorn in Thailand were equipped with ALE-38 chaff dispensers to protect the B-52s.

Hi SeaQueen all noted btw next CWDB has a major update on Vietnam era Platforms

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 776
RE: P-40 Long Track radar should be 3-D capable - 3/29/2019 9:42:03 PM   
Ancalagon451

Errata: Duke of York (both versions) 5.25" guns have an anti-air PK of 20%

Comparison with similar weapons in other ships suggests it should be 2%

Ancalagon

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 777
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 3/30/2019 3:25:41 AM   
Scorpion86

Once again, I would like to humbly request a few alterations to the database. Some alterations are to platforms I've requested alterations to before. Your work has been exemplar. I can't imagine how much trouble the Neptune revamp must have given you, and I will be forever grateful to you for bringing to life Portugal's most iconic jet! However, I would like to humbly bring to your attention a few errors that have slipped through.
Once again, I thank you for your effort, patience and attention.

Sensors:

Corrections:

FCE 7 Yellow Fever
Flap Wheel [RPK-1M1 Vaza]
UAR-1021 Skyguard
SCR-584

- Although theses are Fire Control Radars, they lack the “Altitude Info” property, which I find odd, as even the most basic FCR records at least azimuth, elevation and slant range, which by simple trigonometric calculations give altitude and horizontal range.

Facilities:

Requests:

- SPAAA Bty (12.7mm/50 Quad M55/Berliet 6x6 x 4) [Portugal (1953-2000)]

- 12.7mm/50 Quad M55 AAA firing from the flatbed of Berliet 6x6 trucks, capable of hitting air and ground targets.

Source:
https://assets.exercito.pt/SiteAssets/RAAA1/Documentos%20(PDFs)/LivroAAAFastWebView.pdf
https://comum.rcaap.pt/bitstream/10400.26/7278/1/%E2%80%9CA%20EVOLU%C3%87%C3%83O%20...%20AAA%E2%80%9D%20Asp.%20V%C3%A9stia%20Dias.pdf
Col. Borges, João Vieira (2007) “Armamento do Exército Português, Vol. II – Armamento de Artilharia Antiaérea”, Prefácio

- AAA Bty (2cm Flak 38 x 4) [Portugal (1943-1975)]

- Towed, single barreled 20mm anti-aircraft automatic cannon of WWII german vintage.

Source:
https://assets.exercito.pt/SiteAssets/RAAA1/Documentos%20(PDFs)/LivroAAAFastWebView.pdf
https://comum.rcaap.pt/bitstream/10400.26/7278/1/%E2%80%9CA%20EVOLU%C3%87%C3%83O%20...%20AAA%E2%80%9D%20Asp.%20V%C3%A9stia%20Dias.pdf
Col. Borges, João Vieira (2007) “Armamento do Exército Português, Vol. II – Armamento de Artilharia Antiaérea”, Prefácio

- AAA Bty (20mm Quad Polsten x 4) [US/Canada/Portugal (1953-1975)]

- Towed, anti-aircraft, quadruple mount for the 20mm Polsten cannon of WWII canadian vintage.

Source:
http://www.anti-aircraft.co.uk/polstenquad.html

- AA No. 4 Mk. VI Radar [UK/Canada/Portugal (1954-1975)]

- Search radar used in conjunction with #3294 – AAA Bty (QF 3.7-inch x 4).
- Seem to be a search radar with limited altitude discrimination (see the altitude precision below). I transcribed the characteristics from Col. Vieira’s book “Anti-Aircraft Artillery of the Portuguese Army”. There is a more complete characteristics sheet in the first link.
- Characteristics:
-- Range: 1 – 58 nm
-- Maximum power: 600 KW
-- Pulse width: 1 microsecond
-- Emission frequency: 3000 MC/s
-- Precision in azimuth: +/- 2º
-- Precision in range: +/- 910 m
-- Precision in altitude: +/- 1550 m

Source:
http://www.anti-aircraft.co.uk/radarNo4Mk6.html

Corrections:

#949 – 12.7mm/50 Quad M55 Towed

- Rename it as “AAA Bty (12.7mm/50 Quad M55 x 4 Towed)”, as the unit has 4 12.7mm mount in-game.
- Add the same unit to Portugal (1953-2000) as well.

Source:

#3294 – AAA Bty (QF 3.7-inch x 4)

- Add a Visual Gun Director and a Predictor (don’t know exactly how you would represent this in-game, please ignore if they are already taken into account).
- Add one AA No. 3 Mk. VII FCR.

-- Characteristics of the No 3 Mk VII FCR:
--- Has a Search and Tracking (FCR) modes.
--- Detection range: 0.5 – 32 nm
--- Tracking range: 18 nm
--- Antenna limitation: Elevation (-3º, +85º); Rotation (+/-360º)
--- Antenna rotation speed: 20 RPM, elevation scans every 4 seconds
--- Frequency: 3000 – 3120 MHz
--- Wavelength: 10 – 9.6 cm
--- Impulse duration: 0.55 milliseconds
--- Frequency of the repetition of the impulse: 1.5 KHz
--- Peak radiating power: 200 KW
--- Average radiating power: 165 KW

- Add the same unit for Canada and Portugal (1954-1975)

Source:
https://www.yumpu.com/it/document/view/15519955/scheda-tecnica-n-25-installazione-radar-n-3-mark-vii
http://www.duxfordradiosociety.org/restoration/equip/aa3mk7/aa3mk7.html

#70, #71 – AN/TPS-1D

- Should be a 2D Radar.

#1649 – AN/TPS-1E

- Should have a range of 160nm.

Source:
https://www.yumpu.com/it/document/view/15179818/scheda-tecnica-n-27-installazione-radar-an-tps-1e
http://www.radartutorial.eu/19.kartei/11.ancient/karte026.en.html

Aircraft:

Corrections:

#1075 – SA.319B Alouette III

- Aircraft belongs to Air Force, not Navy
- Service years: (1963 - 2019)
- Missing loadouts: Comandos – 5 Paratroops

#3706 – SA.319B Alouette III “Lobo Mau”

- The “Lobo Mau” gunship carried an MG151 20mm cannon firing through the left door in a pallet that replaced all seating/cargo space in the Alouette III. I presume that, because of some game engine limitation that prevents the MG151 of being added as a changeable loadout, you were forced to add the “Lobo Mau” gunship as a separate CWDB entry. As such, perhaps it would be better to remove all loadouts from this entry except a Ferry loadout and a Ground Attack/CAS one.
- Aircraft belongs to Air Force, not Army
- Service years: (1963 - 2019)

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sud_Aviation_Alouette_III_in_Portuguese_service
http://neloolen-modelismo.no.comunidades.net/alouette-iii-52-anos-na-fap

#3727, #3728 - FIAT G.91 [Portugal]

- The "Internal Guns" loadout has a 500l drop tank instead of the 520l drop tank that it should have and that other loadouts have.
- Please remove the loadouts that carry 4 x BL.755, 4 x Mk.20 Rockeye and 4 x Mk.77 Incendiary, as the outer pylons of the G.91 were not rated to carry loads over 250 lbs.

#588, #2011, #2013 - P2V Neptune

- These aircraft don't have their radar with a 360º coverage, as was typical of the radars they carried.

#2017 - P2V-5 Neptune

- This aircraft doesn't have the correct radar (the AN/APS-20A) nor the 360º radar coverage typical of it.

#2895 - SP-2H Neptune

- This Argentinian Neptune doesn't have neither the correct sensors (and the 360º radar coverage) nor the correct armament for this aircraft. (More information on weapons and sensors, including source, in this post.)

#948, #2517, #2462, #2249, #2665, #2342, #2107, #1054, #1047, #2595, #3709, #1070, #2203, #1905, #2401, #1875, #2627, #878, #64, #2208, #1811 – F-86F Sabre

- Please remove the 4 x BLU-23/B, 4 x M64 500lbs GPB and 4 x Mk82 500lbs LDGP loadouts, as only the 2 inboard stations of the F-86F could carry bombs.

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 778
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 4/10/2019 1:50:03 PM   
BDukes

Found datas on Japanese Amphibs in early cold war

OOSUMI tank landing ships (1961-1976) First. was LST 4001 Oosumi (ex Dagget Count LST 689->You might have class in DB alreadies). Transferred to Philippines 1974-1976

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/japan/jap_ls_oosumi.htm

LCU 2001 Landing ships (1955-1975) x6. Not Same as Modern I-go's! All Transfer to Philippines in 1975

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/japan/jap_ls_lcu2001.htm

LCM 101 Landing Crasft

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/japan/jap_ls_lcm1001.htm

Nice page for WWII Japanese stuff too

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/japan/jap_index.htm

(in reply to Scorpion86)
Post #: 779
RE: Cold War Database 1946-1979 Platform Requests - 4/10/2019 2:05:43 PM   
BDukes

Could add T-4 Landing Craft for Soviets and clients

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/russia/ru_ls_t4.htm

Soviets 1967
Cuba 1967
Somalia 1968
Yemen 1970

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: P-40 Long Track radar should be 3-D capable Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI