Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/11/2013 1:20:32 PM   
warspite1

Meanwhile the Germans race west to attack Holland and Belgium as soon as they can. I need to read up on the Garrison rules so I know how many units to keep in the east.
Unfortunately, many units are disorganised so they have to remain where they are.

Attachment (1)

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 121
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/11/2013 4:52:03 PM   
warspite1

The Allied impulse was very quiet - just some shuffling of units.

The CW sent the 14th Motorised Corps into the Bay of Biscay for onward transmission to the Med, General Georges used his reorganisation capability to reorganise three reserve units so they can take up defensive positions next impulse.

I sent the Spitfire back to the UK to allow a third CW land unit in France.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 122
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/11/2013 11:23:48 PM   
Rekm41

Keep it up the great AAR. The Fatherland will be so proud of your eventual victory over the dread Allied forces!!!

Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 123
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/11/2013 11:43:28 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rekm41

Keep it up the great AAR. The Fatherland will be so proud of your eventual victory over the dread Allied forces!!!
warspite1

But your from Canada!?!?

(in reply to Rekm41)
Post #: 124
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 12:39:40 AM   
Rekm41

eh? Yes but my heritage is German. :)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 125
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:39:33 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rekm41

eh? Yes but my heritage is German. :)
warspite1

Then you will be pleased to know AH is about to issue Fuhrer Directive No.6 (as soon as I get time!)

(in reply to Rekm41)
Post #: 126
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 11:28:30 AM   
Rekm41

Great I eagerly await the continuation..

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 127
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 1:32:37 PM   
brian brian

good stuff. I wrote 'sorry to tell you' that one night just to open the information, I knew you wouldn't mind. it's hard to get used to playing World in Flames; there are tactics for the defense, not just for the offense. in a lot of games, the defense is only about positioning. there is more to it in WiF.

I like how in WiF you see how a 20th century war machine develops a momentum of it's own, and it doesn't just turn on a dime. this is first seen as the German army pivots out of Poland, but is something all Major Powers experience.

I would like to see some screenshots of the US Entry pools and windows, etc. I don't think I have seen them in any AAR so far.

Thanks for alllllll the work you have contributed to this.

(in reply to Rekm41)
Post #: 128
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:09:02 PM   
warspite1

SUPREME COMMANDER OF THE ARMED FORCES

Berlin, October 9, 1939

Directive No.6 for the Conduct of the War

1. Should it become evident in the near future that England, and under her influence, France also are not disposed to bring the war to an end, I have decided, without further loss of time, to go on the offensive.

2. Any further delay will not only entail the end of Belgian and perhaps Dutch neutrality, to the advantage of the allies; it will increasingly strengthen the military power of the enemy, reduce the confidence of neutral nations in Germany’s final victory, and make it more difficult to bring Italy into the war on our side as a full ally.

3. I therefore issue the following orders for the further conduct of military operations:

(a) An offensive will be planned on the northern flank of the Western Front, through Luxembourg, Belgium and Holland. This offensive must be launched at the earliest possible moment and in greatest possible strength.
(b) The purpose of this offensive will be to defeat as much as possible of the French Army and of the forces of the allies fighting on their side, and at the same time to win as much territory as possible in Holland, Belgium and Northern France, to serve as a base for the successful prosecution of the air and sea war against England as a wide protective area for the economically vital Ruhr.
(c) The time of the attack will depend upon the readiness for action of the armoured and motorised units involved. These units are to be made ready with all speed. I t will depend also upon the weather conditions obtaining and foreseeable at the time.

4. The Air Force will prevent attacks by the Anglo-French Air Forces on our Army and will give all necessary direct support to its advance. It is also important to prevent the establishment of Anglo-French air bases and the landing of British forces in Belgium and Holland.

5. The Navy will do everything possible, whilst this offensive is in progress, to afford direct or indirect support to the operations of the Army and Air Force.

6. Apart from these preparations for the beginning of the offensive in the West according to plan, the Army and Air Force must be ready, at all times, in increasing strength, to meet an Anglo-French invasion of Belgium, immediately and as far forward as possible on Belgian soil, and to occupy the largest possible area of Holland in the direction of the West coast.

7. These preparations will be camouflaged in such a way that they appear merely to be precautionary measures made necessary by the threatening increase in the strength of the French and English forces on the frontiers between France and Luxembourg and Belgium.

8. I request Commanders in Chief to submit to me their detailed plans based on this directive at the earliest moment and to keep me constantly informed of progress through the High Command of the Armed Forces.

ADOLF HITLER

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 129
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:18:48 PM   
warspite1

Impulse No.9. I suspect the first turn is drawing to a close and given Der Fuhrer's latest directive (doesn't he go on ) I had best get my forces over to the west pronto.

In China I continue to move land forces toward Mao's troops south of the Yellow River.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 130
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:21:56 PM   
warspite1

Guess where these bad boys are headed next?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 131
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:24:50 PM   
warspite1

Progress in China is soooo slow. The odds for this attack would be 2:1... I'll give that one a miss.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 132
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:30:46 PM   
warspite1

Brian Brian - help!!!

End of turn and I get this screen. This is to do with the Nazi-Soviet neutrality pact and I am being asked to choose offensive/defensive markers...er...right. I put the markers into the offensive column - being offensive just sounds like the sort of thing the Nazi's do. EDIT: I also get to draw one for the Soviets and choose defensive but at this stage do not know what this means...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/12/2013 7:32:43 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 133
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:34:33 PM   
warspite1

I get to draw another US Entry Chit and this beings the Entry Level back to:

Ge/It Entry Level: 11
Japan Entry Level: 5

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 134
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:39:50 PM   
warspite1

Iirc, this means that as the US player I can choose an Entry Option up to 11. In order to test this out I will choose Intern French Aircraft Carrier.

In doing so there is a Tension die roll = 10. I will have to look at what this means, but nothing has changed in the Tension box as a result.

I choose to replace the Bearn with a US Transport so will also need to check that I receive this (not sure when).

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 135
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:44:37 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Brian Brian - help!!!

End of turn and I get this screen. This is to do with the Nazi-Soviet neutrality pact and I am being asked to choose offensive/defensive markers...er...right. I put the markers into the offensive column - being offensive just sounds like the sort of thing the Nazi's do. EDIT: I also get to draw one for the Soviets and choose defensive but at this stage do not know what this means...

These markers increases the garrison value needed to break the pact (if you put them as offensive) or to decrease the breaking of the pact (if you put them as defensive).

So, if Germany has 10 garrison points in units and 4 in offensive markers, he now has 14 as number to get against the 2-1 ratio needed to break the pact.
If he is calculating for defense, he has only 10 garrison points (he hasn't any defensive markers).

< Message edited by Centuur -- 11/12/2013 7:45:09 PM >

Peter

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 136
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:45:48 PM   
warspite1

Thank you Centuur

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 137
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:48:53 PM   
Centuur

quote:

Iirc, this means that as the US player I can choose an Entry Option up to 11. In order to test this out I will choose Intern French Aircraft Carrier.

In doing so there is a Tension die roll = 10. I will have to look at what this means, but nothing has changed in the Tension box as a result.

I choose to replace the Bearn with a US Transport so will also need to check that I receive this (not sure when).

Each entry option comes with a tension die roll. If you roll less than that die roll, one of the chits is moved from the entry level to the tension level (if the number is 10 or higher, than always one chit is moved...).
The combination of entry and tension gives the It's War number for the US to roll if he want's to DoW an Axis Major Power.

< Message edited by Centuur -- 11/12/2013 7:50:30 PM >

Peter

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 138
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:50:12 PM   
warspite1

Production Planning - more help required. I have 24 factories and 24 resources so all good there. However, I have 6 oil and it states I need 3.25 to reorganise my units.

I have 3 saved oil. Does this mean that if I reorganise my units I use up all my oil? Or can I use some of the 6 oil for that?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 139
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:52:57 PM   
Centuur

quote:

Production Planning - more help required. I have 24 factories and 24 resources so all good there. However, I have 6 oil and it states I need 3.25 to reorganise my units.

I have 3 saved oil. Does this mean that if I reorganise my units I use up all my oil? Or can I use some of the 6 oil for that?

You can use oil for reorganisation out of resources you control and oil points you have stored at this point.
Oil received in trade first has to be stored if you want to use those for reorganisation (and can't be used to reorg any units this turn).
So Germany can use his saved oil and the 2 controlled oil in your game.

Peter

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 140
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 6:58:06 PM   
warspite1

Okay so one more question. I noticed that I have 11 convoys on the map and all 11 are unused - even though I have three in the Baltic for the Swedish Iron Ore.

Is the computer not bothering with these because I have got the max resources for my available factories? If yes, can I use them and save three trade oil instead?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 141
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 7:09:03 PM   
brian brian

The Pact can't be broken in 1939, but you should definitely read the section on how the Pact works so you can decide how many units to leave in Poland and how to set the chits. The new SS INFantry unit that appears on the 2nd turn is ideal for that purpose, as is the Germans' at-start MTN unit.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 142
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 7:15:43 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Okay so one more question. I noticed that I have 11 convoys on the map and all 11 are unused - even though I have three in the Baltic for the Swedish Iron Ore.

Is the computer not bothering with these because I have got the max resources for my available factories? If yes, can I use them and save three trade oil instead?

warspite1

Ah right... this is good. I managed to save the two Soviet oil. In doing so, 2 of my Baltic convoys became used!! LOVE IT!! See picture.

Only thing is, I do not know to save the Ploesti oil its giving me some message about not controlling the resource or cannot find a path to a viable factory

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 143
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 7:16:42 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: brian brian

The Pact can't be broken in 1939, but you should definitely read the section on how the Pact works so you can decide how many units to leave in Poland and how to set the chits. The new SS INFantry unit that appears on the 2nd turn is ideal for that purpose, as is the Germans' at-start MTN unit.
warspite1

Okay will do - my reading time is going through the roof!

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 144
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 7:21:39 PM   
warspite1

Italy looks more straightforward. The Sardinian resource is being transferred via the CP which shows on the map. Italy has lots of factories but little in the way of resourse. Interestingly I have a 0.5 to re-organise units - not sure what needs re-organising given they are not at war - but no doubt will find out.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 145
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 7:22:24 PM   
Centuur

You should be able to save the resource, by pressing the save button on the rail/ship part of the panel and than you will get a list of German controlled cities/port you can save that resource in (or press the save button in the in place screen and press the where to button in the next one. I tend to forget which one is used for trade received oil...).

Peter

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 146
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 7:24:14 PM   
Centuur

quote:

Italy looks more straightforward. The Sardinian resource is being transferred via the CP which shows on the map. Italy has lots of factories but little in the way of resourse. Interestingly I have a 0.5 to re-organise units - not sure what needs re-organising given they are not at war - but no doubt will find out.

The calculation of oil points needed for reorganisation is done without taking into account the units that you will allocate to "stay at sea". The convoy needed to transport the resource from Sardinia would need that amount of oil if you would return it to base (which you shouldn't do...).

Peter

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 147
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 7:30:58 PM   
warspite1

For Japan I have saved 2 oil.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 148
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 7:43:56 PM   
warspite1

Looks like China is getting no oil from anywhere....
Ditto France...

I can't work out how to save oil with the CW either - I saved one in Canada but that's all I can do. I am getting tired after a long day at work so will leave the Allies for now.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 149
RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse - 11/12/2013 7:52:42 PM   
warspite1

I reorganise all units I can - think I missed the CW step - don't know if I can go back

I finalise production for all powers - I have not changed anything before doing so.

I scrap all the Plish infantry except the HQ and the white print 5-3.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report >> RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI