Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 12/25/2015 3:17:11 PM   
Hanal

quote:

ORIGINAL: JPD49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S

Is Jersey John still around somewhere?

Ah, Remembered!

Thank you, Agent S, I am. -- As all the old members knew, of course, I never claimed to be one of the better SC1 players, I just enjoyed posting and creating scenarios.

And my thanks to you too, battlevonwar. Probably I should have used my old screen name, as at the BF website, but I thought a fresh ID would be best here. Meanwhile I see most of our old friends from SC-1&2 have also changed their ID's at least a little; it will take a while to see who's who.

Also very happy to see some of my old friends using their old Battle Front identities; I'll probably change mine back.

-- There were so many people there that I liked in their own different ways that it would take too much space to write it all out right now, but probably someone will start a thread about the old days and I'll be more than happy to join in.

Hey JJ, JP Wagner from the old BF forums...as a fellow Jerzyite, I understand that you hightailed it out of Dodge (or was it Middletown?) ;)... regards

(in reply to JPD49)
Post #: 31
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 1/4/2016 12:40:16 PM   
Dmondragon75

Lol didn't think that SC1 community is still alive , glad to see it :))) Terif was all time best, all the others could beat eachother every game

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 32
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 1/5/2016 5:51:13 PM   
Happycat

Nice to see some signs of life in the new year. Everyone psyched for SC3? I know that I am :)

Chance favours the prepared mind

(in reply to Dmondragon75)
Post #: 33
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 1/6/2016 2:51:57 AM   
Magpius

Could this be the only game with a cult following, prior to release?
...and yes very psyched for this one.
(I'm hoping for the same hilarious smack talk and "locking up this thread" closures).
I generally only play a.i. but this one will be the exception.

(in reply to Happycat)
Post #: 34
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 1/6/2016 2:53:52 AM   
lparkh

My biggest problem with this game in its SC2 iteration was it was too compelling as a PBEM game ;-) Had to stop playing :-( But will be sucked into SC3 at least for a bit. Some really good players in SC2.

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 35
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 1/6/2016 2:55:48 AM   
Magpius

I never got into SC2. The move from Hex to square...

(in reply to lparkh)
Post #: 36
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 1/6/2016 4:46:46 PM   
SeaMonkey

I've been playing some AoC lately, played AoD to death, and I'm thinking, "I'm going to miss those rhombi".

The "squares" make for some fast paced action and along with the forced march feature, you can simulate those rapid envelopments the Germans first accomplished in Barbarossa.

Great job Al, scenarios in AoC are well balanced.

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 37
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 1/16/2016 2:34:50 AM   
gamerdude

hey guys... SC2 not quite dead yet! ... got some players looking for competition, while we wait for SC3!! ... let me know.
Gary

(in reply to SeaMonkey)
Post #: 38
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 3/8/2016 5:05:10 PM   
CSSS

It is good to see all the old crew here. My favorite were the gigantic maps made by the Players.

(in reply to gamerdude)
Post #: 39
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 7/18/2016 1:05:16 PM   
hellraiser1973

quote:

ORIGINAL: battlevonwar

Well, I was one of the top 5 players of the original 2 titles. I would like to see if we could reunite some of these players and see if they would add their two cents on ideas and thoughts on the new title. Perhaps it will be nothing like the old games anyways, you know how things change.

1. Terif(all time unstoppable Strategic Commander)
2. Rambo tied with Liam(me) as two best Americans
3. Sombra and ZappSweden distant last and I won't include Dragonheart as he retired early along with some other greats but he was the only man to defeat Terif that I know of aside Avatar who came up with a quick cheat in the original SC1...

If anyone can make a more comprehensive list I would love to hear from you.

Oh, Bill-Hubert and Sea Monkey good to see you guys :P

Your top five doesn't include your ol' buddy Hellraiser... there is corruption everywhere... dedicated, hard working gamers like myself don't make it to top 5, ever :D

I was checking the web for news on the SC3 release date and stumbled upon this post...couldn't believe my eyes! The old SC1 and SC2 squad is alive and kicking ! It's been a long time guys, glad to see you again.
RIP to the valued SCers who passed away, though, so sad to hear it.

So, I guess we'll all go to war again soon, eh? ^^

(in reply to battlevonwar)
Post #: 40
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 7/18/2016 9:26:35 PM   
James Taylor

It seems that way HR, winter is......er war is coming! Better tune up those SC moves, you're going to need them to get back into the top 5!

SeaMonkey

(in reply to hellraiser1973)
Post #: 41
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 7/19/2016 7:16:22 AM   
Titan

Ive always been right up there

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 42
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 7/19/2016 12:37:41 PM   
Magpius

Got a feeling there is going to be a gathering like highlander.
"There can be only one!"

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Agent S -- 7/19/2016 12:46:37 PM >

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 43
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 7/20/2016 8:11:35 AM   
Titan

Yup....Many considered me the best there was and the one to beat.

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 44
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 8/14/2016 9:35:00 AM   
KuniworthII

Nice to see old faces here. And Irish Guards: I have not forget the big cheating scandal. Your reputation is a bit tarmished.

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 45
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 1/19/2017 8:08:30 PM   
waltero

That's the thing with this game and it's players, Everybody felt like a top player at some point in time.
It's not about win or lose, it's how you win or lose!
I remember doing some crazy sh*t, forcing my opponents into surrender.
Terrif was the all time best, Rambo made a noticeable impression.
I never had the patience, always getting bored, not wanting a long drawn out war.

Example of craziness that brought opponents to their knees!

Disbanding the entire French fleet in order to purchase units in the defense of France.
Exploiting into the far reaches of Poland while declaring early war on Russia- before the surrender of France or poland.
Allies attacking the Low countries.
Having a French HQ and unit in Warsaw before the fall of Poland (against JJR)...that was the funniest.

That's what I loved about this game, doing things that have never been done, surprise, surprise, surprise! Victory was achieved against SC Top player, Give them the unexpected and they will fall!
Of course this was the early game (Strategic command).
The SC forum was great as well, never giving me a hard time for my improper spelling and bad (beyond bad) Grammar.

I've always loved these guys!

< Message edited by waltero -- 1/19/2017 8:12:10 PM >

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
other than that, How was the play?

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 46
RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 - 1/24/2017 6:26:27 PM   
FriendlyKomissar

Damn, I feel like I've missed out big time.
I've had SC1 since it came out but never had the internet then so missed on the rave so it seems. A friend and I battled over a couple of years, and I think I'd be worthy SC1 opponent if anyone wishes to challenge :)

quote:

Disbanding the entire French fleet in order to purchase units in the defense of France.
Exploiting into the far reaches of Poland while declaring early war on Russia- before the surrender of France or poland.
Allies attacking the Low countries.
Having a French HQ and unit in Warsaw before the fall of Poland (against JJR)...that was the funniest.

A further theme on this insane move, was to invest all French mmp into air units, move them to UK then they would become free french after the surrender. Then disband them - free mmp for UK
The allied opponent invading the low countries only to thwart plunder was most annoying, as was invading Ireland to steal extra mmp!

Another gamy move which I do admit to, was if the USSR was ever in bad straights, to deploy the UK/US armies on the coast of france. The axis player can not afford to operate units west...)))

FC :)

(in reply to waltero)
Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Top Players of SC1 & SC2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI