Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Moscow 1941 revised

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Moscow 1941 revised Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moscow 1941 revised - 2/2/2003 11:27:50 PM   
Kaakao

The battle starts again.

German Turn 1 west

Something big is shooting at our troops, can't see it yet but probably in couple of turns. Also one of enemy's aa-guns immobilized a mortar-ht :mad:

Derc has the turn.

Btw.

Is it a feature or a bug that the Germans don't have any FO's ?
Post #: 1
Re: Moscow 1941 revised - 2/2/2003 11:51:40 PM   
M4Jess

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaakao
[B]The battle starts again.
German Turn 1 west
Btw.
Is it a feature or a bug that the Germans don't have any FO's ? [/B][/QUOTE]

hmmmm you do! look at unit CEO and CFO :D

Im making war, not trouble~

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 2
German turn 1, east - 2/3/2003 12:29:19 AM   
DerC

The roar of panzer engines fills the air as the eastern front begins its long march towards the Kremlin. No doubt we will be facing some pretty fanatic defenders. The first minutes of the advance are quiet, not a sight of the Russians.

If you're ever having an argument with an idiot make sure he isn't.

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 3
Sov/West/1 - 2/3/2003 1:52:41 AM   
Scharfschütze

Welcome to Fortress Moscow, invaders!!!

We start our defence by lobbing a few 152mm shells at the advancing enemy. This will make them think twice about sticking out their ugly heads.

Death awaits you!
:p

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 4
Oh cool! - 2/3/2003 3:06:55 AM   
Capt. Pixel

We've got 150s? Hot Dawg! :cool:

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 5
Soviet/East/1 - 2/3/2003 1:27:31 PM   
Capt. Pixel

Dear Diary,

24 October, 1941.

It's raining again Raining so hard that visibility has dropped to 450 meters.

The Germans have completed one pontoon bridge across the Yauza River (Yowza!) Enemy troops have been sighted on our side. Several heros of the Motherland fell in the trenchs, stopping machinegun bullets and 75mm shells from penetrating what's left of our beautiful city.

I gave orders this morning to release all the prisoners from Lubyanka Prison and arm them with a satchel charge and any other weapons handy. I see soviet citizens, armed with only farm implements, marching alongside my troops towards the advancing Germans.

Runners just arrived and gave me the timetable for reinforcements. If the tanks can move through the pile of rubble that used to be Moscow, we might have a chance.

DerC, somewhere out there is a Soviet Rifle Squad with my name on it. Catch me if you can!

[SIZE=1]Why waste good material?[/SIZE] :D

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 6
German turn 2 west - 2/3/2003 9:09:52 PM   
Kaakao

Unfortunately I can't use old posts for this turn. I lost couple of men. Shot the building to pieces were the shots were fired, no survivors there.

Again militia is running everytime I shoot them, works for me :D

Spotted where the 152mm shells are coming. It's one of those doomsday-houses (152mm + 45mm gun and couple of mg's)

But, the house can't move, my troops can, so it's gone after the next turn :cool:

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 7
German turn 2 east - 2/3/2003 10:18:56 PM   
DerC

It's another quiet turn in the east. Even though one Russian mortar is firing at the beach area near the pontoon bridge, it's very quiet. It's so quiet that we can hear the dozens of familiar impact sounds from Russian heavy mortars in the west. Still no enemies sighted.

Back to you.

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 8
2/Sov/West - 2/4/2003 8:37:11 PM   
Scharfschütze

The first line of defence is putting up one hell of a fight. The strongpoint put shell after shell into an advancing flamer team, destroying it and routing a nearby Pionier unit. Conscripts enter melee with an advancing Zugtrupp, and maim it thoroughly.

This lucky state of things cannot last long, though... but while it does:

:p ;) :p

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 9
2/So/E - 2/5/2003 5:12:07 AM   
Capt. Pixel

The uneasy quiet in the east is broken by the punctuation of a MG34 friring across the Yauza River. A soviet squad is mowed down in the rubble.

Reports of contact with German infantry several hundred yards north of the pontoon bridge. No german losses. Soviet losses were minimal. :(

The Germans are beginning to smoke the river in preparation for their assault. Firing 150 HE into river hexes is a tactic I'm unfamiliar with. It doesn't [I]seem[/I] useful, but.. maybe they're just 'fishing'? There's certainly gonna be a lot of unconscious fish in the Moscow River after that. :p

Soviet artillery has been up all night preparing a greeting for our german tourists. I sure hope they appreciate it. Gonna be one h#!! of a show. :D

Sure wish we had some trucks. :rolleyes:

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 10
German turn 3 west - 2/5/2003 8:09:36 PM   
Kaakao

Those conscripts were taken care of. Replay bugged somehow and didn't show all the arty falling over my troops but the suppression figures tell the truth :(

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 11
German turn 3, east - 2/5/2003 10:28:32 PM   
DerC

An assault squad is setting up their inflatable boats at the beach. The Russian artillery is firing heavily at the bridgehead nearby. Suddenly one of the more experienced soldiers shouts out a warning: "Rockets!" The men hurry back to the houses at the beach, which luckily happen to be among the few houses still left standing in Moscow. Many take cover in the basements, but some are still caught in the deadly hail of rockets coming from above. There aren't many casualties, but it's nevertheless a delay. :mad:

At the end of the pontoon bridge officers are shouting orders to the squads still on the bridge. It's a dangerous area and needs to be cleared quickly. Around 500 meters ahead there are soviet rifle squads lurking about and trying to reach a group of houses. Artillery from both sides is firing intensely here as well.

My pioneers have completed a direct telephone line to the western sector, a major improvement in communications since the weather seems to remain cloudy, rainy and unpredictable. Luckily we reached Moscow before the winter really started... :rolleyes: The news from west are promising: some progress is made despite heavy mortar fire and fanatic defenders trying to ambush our troops.

Back to Scharf. ;)

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 12
3/Sov/West - 2/6/2003 1:47:34 AM   
Scharfschütze

The enemy forces trying to sneak through in the far west were stopped cold by a concentrated mortar barrage, and, far more deadly, our strongpoints 152mm main gun. Blasting into the smoke and fire, the monster cannon is a real bane for the german infantry trying to make way through the woods. This is just glorious! :p

A little further to the river, the house-to-house fight rages on. For the moment, my conscript militiamen hold. This is their hometurf, and they´ll defend it brick for brick!:mad:

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 13
3/SO/E - 2/7/2003 5:42:11 AM   
Capt. Pixel

Radio reports from the river's edge prompted orders for a concealed 76.2mm AA to open fire on a pair of heavily armed halftracks freshly disembarked nearby. One was destroyed but the AA unit's fire drew heavy machinegun opportunity fire from across the river.

Soviet Rifles exchanged shots with Scheutzen squads in the rubble fields near the Yauza river. The Germans were driven back.

Heavy mortar fire plastered the western and eastern german approachs. Indications are that the enemy has been damaged and taken some casualties from the spotting barrage. :D

Orders have been given to open up with the full Fire-For-Effect. This oughta slow them down. ;)

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 14
German turn 4 west - 2/8/2003 9:24:46 PM   
Kaakao

I promise that if I ever got to see your mortars I'll burn every one of them, I won't shoot, just burn them :)
Not too much to do, 99% of my force won't move or do anything. If this goes on for 10 turns or so I won't have anything more to fight with :(

Also, still having problems unloading barges to the water :(

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 15
German turn 4, east - 2/8/2003 10:11:02 PM   
DerC

Ouch! :mad:
The Russians must have psychic FOs. The mortars are hitting right on target everywhere. :(
I destroyed one AA gun and almost got one of my boats killed by another. Need to be more careful...

Also, I'm having problems again getting the infantry to board their rafts. They have full movement points but can't get to the rafts. :confused: :(

Your turn!

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 16
4/Sov/West - 2/8/2003 11:01:14 PM   
Scharfschütze

The enemy has finally flanked our strongpoint, but will find it difficult to get close in the mortar barrage...:p

Close to the fortification, we destroy and enemy SPAA SdKfz, while our brave conscripts damage and drive the crew from another near the river. More mortar grenades are headed there.

The enemy advance is sluggish, and unsupported by AFVs. What is going on? A beachhead in the making elsewhere??:confused:

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 17
Re: 4/Sov/West - 2/8/2003 11:58:48 PM   
Kaakao

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scharfschütze
[B]
The enemy advance is sluggish, and unsupported by AFVs. What is going on? A beachhead in the making elsewhere??:confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

Try moving units if all of them have 99 supression. I still think that arty is unbalanced in this scen. Just way too many mortar shells.

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 18
Re: German turn 4, east - 2/9/2003 1:07:37 AM   
Capt. Pixel

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DerC
[B]... Also, I'm having problems again getting the infantry to board their rafts. They have full movement points but can't get to the rafts. :confused: :( [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe this is that max unit limit again. Perhaps you two should alternate your river crossings. Or you could sit under that incredible barrage until we eliminate a few of your squads. We would be happy to oblige, comrade. :D

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 19
4/SO/E - 2/9/2003 6:55:13 AM   
Capt. Pixel

Nothing much happening here. Some squads exchange inconclusive fire in the easternmost rowhouses.

The AA that opened fire was finally dispatched by a HMG concealed in a house on the far side of the river. Mortars are prosecuting same. :mad: It's fruitless, but perhaps there's something assembling nearby that'll score for the attempt.

A Riverboat ! :eek: ! was spotted cruising along the Moscow River!!! A Riverboat?? :confused: (A trade-off for airstrikes, perhaps?)

You think this arty is bad now? Wait'll we get it together and can actually [I]contact[/I] our batteries. Capt. Pixel has been making some special artillery modifications that ought to treble our effective fire power. They're just now in place and firing. Better get your little grey helmets down in the rubble. BOHICA!

Offboard artillery has been behaving oddly. And it's certainly not been to the Soviet's advantage. :rolleyes:

Back to you, kaakao.

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 20
- 2/10/2003 6:44:48 PM   
Kaakao

Sorry to say this but the max units bug is back.

I have barge carriers with their barges and just can't unload them :( This has a bad effect of leaving over half of my units not being able to move to the front during the game (only 3 barges in the water, lots and lots of units :cool: )

I played the turn but it's not a nice to watch. Over 80% of my infantry is out of contact due to those mortar barrages and that's why I'm still in the same spot where I was after turn 2. Not so easy to move when you have nothing to move :(

Atleast that strongpoint died. Not looking good.

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 21
- 2/10/2003 7:33:42 PM   
Scharfschütze

The barges... in M4´s Stalingrad scenario we used barges to ferry troops across the Volga, and unloaded them at wharves, i.e. good roads/bridges reaching out 1 hex into the river. I had difficulties unloading in other places, though not always. Check it out... I sincerely believe that Jess can count and won´t provide us with a flawed scenario twice!

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 22
German turn 5, east - 2/10/2003 8:59:03 PM   
DerC

It's quiet. Main reason for this is the fact that my infantry won't move from their foxholes. And I don't blame them! :p
Even my amphibious operations are slowing down a bit. Still can't get the infantry to their rafts. They have full movement points, are not suppressed and are adjacent to water hexes. :(

Back to Scharf.

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 23
Sov/5/West - 2/10/2003 11:08:06 PM   
Scharfschütze

We honour the heroic defenders of the first line! The time your sacrifice has bought will be crucial for the final defeat of the enemy forces invading our beloved capital. Your shining example will be followed by all of us! For Stalin!

Already our fine tanks are firing at the cowardly riverboats the enemy has conjured. We´ll watch them sink with glee...

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 24
5/SO/E - 2/11/2003 3:43:16 AM   
Capt. Pixel

Just hummin' along. A little exchange between some soviet Rifles and a Scheutzen in the eastern rowhouses. They just won't learn. :rolleyes:

The battle so far, seems to dominated by artillery. German SP 150s and 81s are peppering suspected soviet shoreline positions and smoking up and down the riverbanks. Several 105 batteries are grinding on Scharfschutze's lines.

I think the 81s might be harder on my troops than the 150s. More shots, more supression. Hopefully, DerC hasn't read Artillery Management and will promptly run low on ammo. Hehhe

Soviet artillery, not to be outdone, returns the insults. German foot soldiers are dying at the river's edge. (I'm trying to help with your max unit problem. It's just taking a little time. :D )

The Katyusha batteries are really acting up. Vodka break I think. I don't know what their problem is. :(

On to kaakao for turn 6. :cool:

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 25
- 2/13/2003 3:59:20 AM   
Kaakao

Sorry a bit of delay with the turn.

Just graduated at school (12 years over and so, just some final exams left to do :) ) and I'm going to a cruise tomorrow so I'll probably get the turn played at friday or saturday. Also, I'll be away the next week due to a holiday so there's also a small break.

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 26
Congratulations kaakao - 2/13/2003 10:09:18 AM   
Capt. Pixel

The first part of your education is nearly finished. Now you've got the rest of your life to learn. The lessons have only just begun. :D:D:D

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 27
German turn 6 west - 2/14/2003 7:18:07 PM   
Kaakao

Thx :)

I just cannot unload those barges, same hex, every unit has full movement points, first one unloads and the rest just won't do it. Have tried it for several turns now. This leaves over half of my troops cut off from the battle area.

Still I continue to play, moving forward, suppression very high, troops won't move. Bombarment on suspected mortarparks has worked, one ammo dump gone.

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 28
German turn 6 east - 2/14/2003 8:37:23 PM   
DerC

Pinned down. Nothing is happening, just sitting tight under the barrage...

I'm starting to believe the max unit number is a problem again. This turn I could only get my infantry to use rafts when an equal number of rafts unloaded. I'm sorry to say but this is not very realistic and is making the battle even harder for the Germans. :(

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 29
Sov/6/West - 2/14/2003 10:56:26 PM   
Scharfschütze

Forward units have observed the enemy shipping heavy equipment across the Volga, without any cover!

Of course, we had to make them pay for this. A tank was brought forward to take potshots at the "Schute"-ferries, sinking one of them. That should teach them a thing or two!
:p :p :p

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Moscow 1941 revised Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI