Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 4:31:43 AM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Extraneous
If he is a troll (which I doubt) you have given him a success.

I have no doubt that he's a troll--he almost defines the term--but you're just feeding his ego; just green button the guy and be done with it.

< Message edited by 76mm -- 6/1/2015 5:33:42 AM >

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 61
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 4:23:22 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo
The play testers here have taken a lot of heat when this game was released, we did not deserve all of the anger because we fought to have this game tabled for awhile which has now turned out a year and a half later still unplayable except for most of solo play.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think that the play testers have gotten much heat; most people seem to realize that the state of the game was not the play testers' fault at all, I know I do. I do, however, think that it is obvious that either Matrix did inadequate testing or--hopefully not--knew the state of the game very well and released anyway. Your latest post makes it sound like the latter... :-((

Bo

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 62
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 5:17:04 PM   
Extraneous

If CrusssDaddy is a troll then you all made him one.

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

I remember when CrusssDaddy came to the forum - and fair enough he was enthusiastic about the game and, like us all, clearly looking forward to playing the game.

quote:

Your definition of a troll and mine appear different. You doubt he is a troll. Okay that is your view.

Not sure what your definition is but let's see:

(1) - He has not bought the game
(2) - He states the game is not for him and has no intention of buying the game yet continues to hang around the forum
(3) - Despite the above he sticks around - and has done for years - just so, he hopes and prays, he can say "I told you so"
(4) - He slates Matrix, Steve, the Beta Testers - and one time had a personal totally unprovoked and unpleasant dual with Neilster (maybe he thought Neilster was a Beta Tester too?).

(5) Now do not get me wrong. He can slag off who he likes (within forum rules) but firstly, vicious remarks about someone with a life threatening illness is just sick. Secondly, evidencing unhappiness with the state of the game and at Matrix and/or the developer is fair game (within forum rules) as there is plenty to be unhappy about - but when you haven't bought, and have no wish to buy, a game? GET.A.LIFE.

I will decide whether something is a waste of my time and I do not consider this to be so - just unfortunate that it is necessary. There are people here that do not go back sufficiently long to have seen the posts aimed at Steve. They were disgusting and people need to understand what they are dealing with.

(1) I have not bought the game (anyone on the Beta didn't either).
(2) In it's current state I agree with him. Others have stated without an AI they won't buy it either.
(3) I'm still here too.
(4) I have gone round and round with most of the Beta team (past and present). Didn't Neilster aand I have a heated discussion a year or so ago?
(5) Ok, then you shoud do me the same courtisy since my tripple bypass last December. I went in December 3 out the 24. I had a very merry Christmas. I was still alive.

Your definition of a troll seams kind of odd to me.

CrusssDaddy and I haven't gotten in a heated discussion yet.

< Message edited by Extraneous -- 6/1/2015 6:19:58 PM >

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 63
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 5:20:23 PM   
CrusssDaddy

Steve doesn't get a pass for his failures because he suffered poor health. His misrepresentations, stubbornness and inability/refusal to consider his own vast limitations date back a decade and are abundantly recorded on this board. Accusations that I attacked him outside of his professional incompetency and misconduct, or took glee in his personal misfortune, are baseless and in Warspite's case probably the result of Stockholm Syndrome. The humiliations Warspite has endured at the hands of Steve and Matrix have only bonded him closer to them. It's unfortunate (yet compelling) to witness.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 64
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 5:44:26 PM   
AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: CrusssDaddy

Steve doesn't get a pass for his failures because he suffered poor health. His misrepresentations, stubbornness and inability/refusal to consider his own vast limitations date back a decade and are abundantly recorded on this board. Accusations that I attacked him outside of his professional incompetency and misconduct, or took glee in his personal misfortune, are baseless and in Warspite's case probably the result of Stockholm Syndrome. The humiliations Warspite has endured at the hands of Steve and Matrix have only bonded him closer to them. It's unfortunate (yet compelling) to witness.

Unfortunate that he has not Stockholmed to you, you mean?

It still puzzels me what you want to accomplish with these mails. But probably it is because that is the only way to get attention?

(in reply to CrusssDaddy)
Post #: 65
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 6:52:19 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

I have no doubt that he's a troll--he almost defines the term--but you're just feeding his ego; just green button the guy and be done with it.

There is that word again "TROLL". I do not like that word, aren't we man enough to digest anything that crussdaddy has to say and spit out what we do not like, why the green button, he has every right to speak out against something that is itching him. He scratches the itch a different way than most posters do.

I do wish he would be more helpful to other posters as he seems to know the game inside and out. The only thing he says that I find annoying is when he talks about the CWIF computer game which I personally think is a bad version of WIF but of course it was attempted back I guess in 2003 or thereabouts. Graphic design and better computer programs in the last 10 to 15 years have helped taken us out of the dark ages of computer war gaming.

Well at least in some games

Bo

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 66
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 7:04:07 PM   
EisenHammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: tevans6220

It's no wonder people are upset. I know that I've stopped buying from Matrix because of this.

Same here.

(in reply to tevans6220)
Post #: 67
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 7:27:47 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

I remember when CrusssDaddy came to the forum - and fair enough he was enthusiastic about the game and, like us all, clearly looking forward to playing the game.

quote:

Your definition of a troll and mine appear different. You doubt he is a troll. Okay that is your view.

Not sure what your definition is but let's see:

(1) - He has not bought the game
(2) - He states the game is not for him and has no intention of buying the game yet continues to hang around the forum
(3) - Despite the above he sticks around - and has done for years - just so, he hopes and prays, he can say "I told you so"
(4) - He slates Matrix, Steve, the Beta Testers - and one time had a personal totally unprovoked and unpleasant dual with Neilster (maybe he thought Neilster was a Beta Tester too?).

(5) Now do not get me wrong. He can slag off who he likes (within forum rules) but firstly, vicious remarks about someone with a life threatening illness is just sick. Secondly, evidencing unhappiness with the state of the game and at Matrix and/or the developer is fair game (within forum rules) as there is plenty to be unhappy about - but when you haven't bought, and have no wish to buy, a game? GET.A.LIFE.

I will decide whether something is a waste of my time and I do not consider this to be so - just unfortunate that it is necessary. There are people here that do not go back sufficiently long to have seen the posts aimed at Steve. They were disgusting and people need to understand what they are dealing with.

(2) In it's current state I agree with him. Others have stated without an AI they won't buy it either.
(3) I'm still here too.
(4) I have gone round and round with most of the Beta team (past and present). Didn't Neilster aand I have a heated discussion a year or so ago?
(5) Ok, then you shoud do me the same courtisy since my tripple bypass last December. I went in December 3 out the 24. I had a very merry Christmas. I was still alive.

Your definition of a troll seams kind of odd to me.

CrusssDaddy and I haven't gotten in a heated discussion yet.

warspite1

Extraneous. Where to start?

quote:

Erm….. really struggling with the absurdity of this one.

Matrix World In Flames is a game. It is not the cure for cancer or the arc of the covenant. No. It’s a game (best game ever, but a game nonetheless).

The game has had its (well publicised) problems and, as a result, almost two years after release it is far, far from finished. Normal people have either continued to support the game or simply moved on. One person hasn’t done so. It has been his choice to stick around the forums trolling, making sick remarks about Steve and unpleasant remarks to just about everyone else – yes Extraneous that includes you who he called - I believe it was something like “of limited intellect”.

I fail to see how Matrix staff, Steve, the Beta Testers or supporters of the game in general turned a well adjusted, intelligent, polite man into a vile troll who, having got annoyed WIF wasn’t going to be done to his satisfaction, threw his toys out of the pram. No. I suspect his childish unpleasant character is what it is and this episode was merely the catalyst for exposing it. After all there was only about four months between his original post and him starting to turn on Matrix and Steve.

But hey, if it makes you feel better I will admit responsibility for making CrusssDaddy the sorry troll that he is. Sorry for ruining your life CrusssDaddy. I can understand your anger bearing in mind all the money you personally had invested in the game, all the hard work you put in, not to mention the fact that this, in the great scheme of things is not a mere game - its clearly a matter of life and death.

As for your second point, I am really surprised. What the hell has your list and you got to do with CrusssDaddy?

quote:

1. Whether YOU or anybody else has bought the game is of no importance in this regard. Re the item in bold - sure of that are we?

quote:

2. Yes and so do a lot of people agree with him. BUT DO YOU REALLY NOT UNDERSTAND? No one is having a go at CrusssDaddy purely because he does not want to buy the game in the state it’s in (can't blame him). Have you really not twigged that? But he has stated on more than one occasion that he will not buy the game FULL STOP. The graphics and de-bugger alone are reasons for him not to want to purchase - he does not consider the game any advance on CWIF AND HE HAS SAID HE WILL NEVER BUY IT. And that is fine - his choice, no problem – but why stick around if that is the case? We of course know why....

quote:

(3) I'm still here too.

3. Yes you are here. So are a lot of people who have an interest in buying the game if and when it’s ready - flipperwasirish, brian brian, Composer99 iirc to name but three, but there are also loads of others checking in from time to time on this forum. As far as I am aware you (and the others that are waiting) are not sticking around just so you can heckle and bad mouth from the sidelines all because you want to gloat if it all goes wrong. Again do you not see the difference????

quote:

4. Again are you pretending not to understand? This has been a roller coaster ride and a lot of people have had run in’s with each other - that is human nature. I am grateful to you for helping proof read the write-ups, but we have still clashed on occasion, before moving on like adults. But there is a difference between a “normal” argument over a point of interest or something of importance, and simply deciding to be rude to a fellow poster, for no reason and completely out of left field, purely because one fancies being an obnoxious twat.

quote:

5. What the.....? Aside from being genuinely pleased for you that you came through such an operation, what has that got to do with what we are discussing?? Have I made snide remarks about your ill-health? Has anyone made derogatory remarks about your ill-health? No - so why bring that up?

Troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

You don’t believe, in all honesty that this is what CrusssDaddy has done repeatedly down the years? Fine – you are in a minority of one (sorry two - I am sure CrusssDaddy will agree with you when he is not busy mocking your intellect).

EDIT: Clarity, Spelling and Grammar

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 6/1/2015 11:46:03 PM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 68
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 7:28:48 PM   
warspite1

quote:

warspite1

CrusssDaddy that post above takes this to another level. Not the nonsense about humiliations – I’ve no idea what the hell that even means – it’s just your usual gibberish and water off a duck’s back.

But let me be absolutely and completely clear. You are stating that I am lying and that you have never made totally out of order comments about Steve’s ill-health? Is that really what you are saying?

Post #: 69
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 8:12:38 PM   
76mm

quote:

There is that word again "TROLL". I do not like that word, aren't we man enough to digest anything that crussdaddy has to say and spit out what we do not like, why the green button, he has every right to speak out against something that is itching him. He scratches the itch a different way than most posters do.

I don't care enough about any of this to get excited about Crussdaddy, but was trying to offer advice to warspite and others that seem to care. Of course alternative viewpoints are welcome, but from what I've seen of Crussdaddy, for some reason he goes out of his way to be unpleasant and ruffle feathers. That fact, as well as the fact that he hasn't bought the game and yet feels compelled to dis it constantly, make him a troll. I can think of plenty of (Matrix) games that I have a low opinion of, but if I haven't bought them I don't bother to provide my uninformed opinions to everyone.

If he ruffles your feathers, the best approach is to ignore him; if you can't do that, green button him. I've never green buttoned anyone, because I don't take computer wargame fora seriously enough to do such a thing.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 70
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 11:04:57 PM   
alexvand

I find that the green button has helped reading this forum quite a bit.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 71
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/1/2015 11:55:11 PM   
Extraneous

Am I a troll also? Like paulderynck who has openly admitted he likes to wait and then ambush forum posters and flame them.

Yes, I have to admit to being “of limited intellect”. But compared to whom?

It doesn't bother me it is only a slight not so much as an insult.

You are of limited intellect also but again compared to whom?

(1) Why would anyone be a beta tester and be so foolish to buy a copy they received for free?
(2) If you waste time on long replies you are feeding a troll. A short reply will starve a troll. If you belive CrusssDaddy is a troll which one do you think will end his post faster?
(3) You statement makes anyone new to the forums a troll unless they kowtow to all here with a higher posting count then their own selves.
Are you referring to me personally when you posted: "just so you can heckle and bad mouth from the sidelines all because you want to gloat if it all goes wrong."
(4) Do you also remember the way CrusssDaddy was ridiculed because he posted screen shots from CWiF? He tried to express an opinion and was flamed.
(5) I bring it up because you posted "vicious remarks about someone with a life threatening illness is just sick.". If Steve gets a pass I should also get a pass.

CrusssDaddy doesn't visit us that often. He tried to become a good forum member. He stated his opinions. He has been ridiculed by forum members often.

Hopefully you do not consider me a troll.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 72
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 12:38:25 AM   
CrusssDaddy

Warspite: Yes that is what I'm saying.

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 73
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 5:06:43 AM   
76mm

I'm rather disappointed that now we're into June and still no word from Matrix...

Post #: 74
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 6:34:06 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Am I a troll also? Like paulderynck who has openly admitted he likes to wait and then ambush forum posters and flame them.

(1) Why would anyone be a beta tester and be so foolish to buy a copy they received for free?
(2) If you waste time on long replies you are feeding a troll. A short reply will starve a troll. If you belive CrusssDaddy is a troll which one do you think will end his post faster?
(3) You statement makes anyone new to the forums a troll unless they kowtow to all here with a higher posting count then their own selves.
Are you referring to me personally when you posted: "just so you can heckle and bad mouth from the sidelines all because you want to gloat if it all goes wrong."
(4) Do you also remember the way CrusssDaddy was ridiculed because he posted screen shots from CWiF? He tried to express an opinion and was flamed.
(5) I bring it up because you posted "vicious remarks about someone with a life threatening illness is just sick.". If Steve gets a pass I should also get a pass.

CrusssDaddy doesn't visit us that often. He tried to become a good forum member. He stated his opinions. He has been ridiculed by forum members often.

warspite1

Pointless. Absolutely pointless.

quote:

Am I a troll also?
quote:

What makes you ask that? As far as I am aware I have never suggested you are anything of the sort. Not sure why you are trying to make this all about you.

quote:

Why are you asking me? Ask CrusssDaddy - he is the one that wrote it.

quote:

Good.

quote:

At last, something we can agree on. I would say I have a limited intellect compared to a great many people - thanks for noticing.

quote:

Maybe you don't know as much as you think you do. What makes you think they "foolishly" bought a copy - like they had a choice?

quote:

It is obvious from the number of posts that no reply - long or short - will stop this troll from spouting his nonsense.

quote:

Re the first part of your reply - that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Exactly what has post count got to do with the price of fish or indeed anything else? How does my statement make this so? What a thoroughly bizarre comment.....

Re the second part, am I referring to you personally? There you go again trying to make this all about you. For god sake read the sentence. NO of course I am not referring to you. EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE in fact......

quote:

Wow! context, context. He gets flamed because, apart from one or two posts where he has forgotten himself and tried to be helpful, since August 2009 all he has done is bitch and moan and jumped up and down stamping his feet like a spoilt child. THAT is why he gets flamed.

quote:

Right. You simply don't understand the point. Staggering. I will try one last time. This is not about giving "someone a pass" because they have been ill. This is about using that illness to mock that person. This simply does not apply to you - unless someone has written something in that vein about you that I am not aware of.

quote:

Well we shall simply have to agree to disagree. You must realise that writing that bilge about trying to be a good forum member is not true. No idea why you said that but hey, I can't be bothered any more.

He is often ridiculed? Right.......... so the poor lamb is often ridiculed, the forumites here made him into a troll.. anything else the evil people of the forum are guilty of? WWI? The rise of Hitler? The late running of your train this morning? Just let me know - I'll take one for the team on those too....

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 6/2/2015 9:20:32 AM >

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 75
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 6:52:32 AM   
warspite1

quote:

warspite1

Fair enough. We can add liar to spoilt, boorish, childlike, troll, obnoxious, twat - anymore?

At the end of 2012 you decided Steve's health issues were funny. Firstly, just a reminder in case anyone thinks we are talking a slight head cold and a dodgy knee. Steve has suffered cancer in the eye and a heart attack, requiring triple bypass surgery.

These, it hardly need be said, are life-threatening issues. However for a great humanitarian like CrusssDaddy, these serious conditions were just something else to throw at Steve. 22nd December is a real low point...

28th November 2012
Good lord, I'm waist deep in old coots here! I'm 41. Listen dudes, I did my part: I've voted for Obama twice to ensure you geezers have the free health care you need to make it another decade and have a fighting chance to play WiF on your computer. It's out of my hands now, good luck

22nd December 2012
Basically Steve says, "Hey guys, just checking in to let you know I am dying. I am literally suffering a new systemic failure on a monthly basis and these, my final days of life, are miserable. I hope you understand why there's no game, or even any updates."

29th December 2012
Hey-hey, it's almost time for the 2012 Year in Review post. Can't wait! Learning why another year has gone by with no progress toward a completed game is now a January tradition almost a decade old. Here's an idea for a drinking game: do one shot of bourbon every time Steve says "Nothing new." I know some of you guys are in frail health, you can substitute carrot juice and just act drunk.

Yep the guy is just a class act.

Post #: 76
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 7:41:13 AM   
Joseignacio

quote:

quote:

Sh*t, I just learn that there was a green button and what it stands for.

Gee thanks!

PD: I am serious.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 6/2/2015 8:41:26 AM >

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 77
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 7:43:31 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

quote:

quote:

Sh*t, I just learn that there was a green button and what it stands for.

Gee thanks!

PD: I am serious.
warspite1

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 78
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 7:53:26 AM   
Joseignacio

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Why yes they do And not just here but everywhere else too. Maybe they have a club

Anyone that has played any online games know there are people that are willing to sit and wait and wait at a spot just to kill a newbie or the first person to go through there. Many times for no gain at all.

I don't understand this at all. And as Cruss has told me several times, I do not have to. And he is right.

What I find disappointing is that Cruss HAS provided good ideas in the past that have helped me with the game. I just wished he would do that more. And while I do not have to, I really would like to know why he prefers to be critical without solutions/suggestions when he has the knowledge to be far more helpful

+ 1

Bo
warspite1

He has been asked this many times in the past.

Then, at some point, the unfortunate reality set in that the game wasn't going to be finished any time soon. This reality of course dawned on all who have followed the game over the years; some of us have accepted it and continue to support the project, some have dipped in and out, checking on progress from time to time, and some have given up, left the forum having tired of ever seeing this game either launched or - having been launched - of seeing it finished.

I may be wrong but the first post that I saw from him in this forum, and I think it was his first one (at MWIF's) was absolutely destructive, caustic. Don't think he ever was constructive about this game.

I might be wrong, after all I thought the same about Bo, when he started whining at the beginning, but time soon showed that that was just one post and Bo is a constructive and social person, whereas C-D is a freak with very few in his life and a sour seam that he needs to give free exit from time to time, expel the poison in order not to be poisoned himself. However he gets poisoned all the same. I made a search n the net and found some holes in his armor through which I was able to have a glance of his sad life, I guess they are closed now...

I would recommend counseling, which is another way to say "get a life".

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 79
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 8:01:02 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why yes they do And not just here but everywhere else too. Maybe they have a club

Anyone that has played any online games know there are people that are willing to sit and wait and wait at a spot just to kill a newbie or the first person to go through there. Many times for no gain at all.

I don't understand this at all. And as Cruss has told me several times, I do not have to. And he is right.

What I find disappointing is that Cruss HAS provided good ideas in the past that have helped me with the game. I just wished he would do that more. And while I do not have to, I really would like to know why he prefers to be critical without solutions/suggestions when he has the knowledge to be far more helpful

+ 1

Bo
warspite1

Then, at some point, the unfortunate reality set in that the game wasn't going to be finished any time soon. This reality of course dawned on all who have followed the game over the years; some of us have accepted it and continue to support the project, some have dipped in and out, checking on progress from time to time, and some have given up, left the forum having tired of ever seeing this game either launched or - having been launched - of seeing it finished.

I may be wrong but the first post that I saw from him in this forum, and I think it was his first one (at MWIF's) was absolutely destructive, caustic. Don't think he ever was constructive about this game.

I might be wrong, after all I thought the same about Bo, when he started whining at the beginning, but time soon showed that that was just one post and Bo is a constructive and social person, whereas C-D is a freak with very few in his life and a sour seam that he needs to give free exit from time to time, expel the poison in order not to be poisoned himself. However he gets poisoned all the same. I made a search n the net and found some holes in his armor through which I was able to have a glance of his sad life, I guess they are closed now...

warspite1

No, his first post was positive and, like us all he was looking forward to the game "Coming Soon" as was advertised by Matrix at that time.

He quickly realised - as did we all - that this game wasn't coming out anytime soon. However, unlike a "normal" person who accepts the situation and the economic facts of life being what they are (and either sticks around or goes and finds something more productive to do with his life) he simply went into troll mode.

Here we are six years later. The game is what it is, the changes he wants to allow him to buy will not be made - but he still hangs around ready to spout his rubbish as and when he needs to feel good about how clever he is.

Ho hum.....

Post #: 80
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 8:37:45 AM   
Joseignacio

As I said, I cannot be 100% certain.

However I was terribly disappointed with the first release date given, which was in a Christmas time, supposed to be with netplay and working...

... and then it was postponed "sine die".

- I am an old time wiffer, so the game was not just an interesting game for me, I was thrilled about it.

- I had told all my wif group and wiffer acquaintances, informed the wif yahoo list. Everybody told me it would be a failure, like CWIF, but I defended the project cause I believed in Steve. I was wrong. I lost some prestige, and had to put up with numerous jokes.

- I got so deceived it became apathy. Because of this I didn't offer to be a Beta Tester. And however I bought the game, knowing it was incomplete and bugged, although not knowing to what point it really was.

- I have enjoyed" more than 2 years now, with a game that cannot work, unless with additional help (sharing computer screens or similar), and is still full of bugs, and with few and small scenarios and no AI nor there will be in the foreseeable future.

But I do not behave like a sour sad venomous freak. I have a dignity and have a life.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 6/2/2015 10:20:40 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 81
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 3:03:53 PM   
CrusssDaddy

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Fair enough. We can add liar to spoilt, boorish, childlike, troll, obnoxious, twat - anymore?

At the end of 2012 you decided Steve's health issues were funny. Firstly, just a reminder in case anyone thinks we are talking a slight head cold and a dodgy knee. Steve has suffered cancer in the eye and a heart attack, requiring triple bypass surgery.

These, it hardly need be said, are life-threatening issues. However for a great humanitarian like CrusssDaddy, these serious conditions were just something else to throw at Steve. 22nd December is a real low point...

28th November 2012
Good lord, I'm waist deep in old coots here! I'm 41. Listen dudes, I did my part: I've voted for Obama twice to ensure you geezers have the free health care you need to make it another decade and have a fighting chance to play WiF on your computer. It's out of my hands now, good luck

22nd December 2012
Basically Steve says, "Hey guys, just checking in to let you know I am dying. I am literally suffering a new systemic failure on a monthly basis and these, my final days of life, are miserable. I hope you understand why there's no game, or even any updates."

29th December 2012
Hey-hey, it's almost time for the 2012 Year in Review post. Can't wait! Learning why another year has gone by with no progress toward a completed game is now a January tradition almost a decade old. Here's an idea for a drinking game: do one shot of bourbon every time Steve says "Nothing new." I know some of you guys are in frail health, you can substitute carrot juice and just act drunk.

Haha what an absurdity! Good Lord, you're not afraid to show your buttocks to the crowd, I'll grant you that. Smart move not providing links, so context is absent. The first quote has nothing to do with Steve and is response to bo and some others (Extraneous or Milzn maybe?) revealing their ages and my being shocked at being the youngster in the crew. Good natured ribbing. The second is actually in defense of Steve, who revealed his difficulties and then was attacked in a separate thread for not working on AI -- I'm using hyperbole to shine light on priorities, and this may mark my last actual defense of him. The third has nothing to do with Steve, again, and is a jibe at you old coots.

Can you unclutch the hem of your skirt and come down now from that chair? Your feminine mannerisms are disconcerting.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 82
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 3:09:49 PM   
CrusssDaddy

quote:

As I said, I cannot be 100% certain.

However I was terribly disappointed with the first release date given, which was in a Christmas time, supposed to be with netplay and working...

... and then it was postponed "sine die".

- I am an old time wiffer, so the game was not just an interesting game for me, I was thrilled about it.

- I had told all my wif group and wiffer acquaintances, informed the wif yahoo list. Everybody told me it would be a failure, like CWIF, but I defended the project cause I believed in Steve. I was wrong. I lost some prestige, and had to put up with numerous jokes.

- I got so deceived it became apathy. Because of this I didn't offer to be a Beta Tester. And however I bought the game, knowing it was incomplete and bugged, although not knowing to what point it really was.

- I have enjoyed" more than 2 years now, with a game that cannot work, unless with additional help (sharing computer screens or similar), and is still full of bugs, and with few and small scenarios and no AI nor there will be in the foreseeable future.

But I do not behave like a sour sad venomous freak. I have a dignity and have a life.

If MWiF is in any way a metric of your self-valuation and prestige, I must politely challenge the assertion you have either dignity or a life. We can agree to disagree, and I hope you find the courage to someday recover your lost prestige.

Now, back to the thread... where's Matrix gone?!?!? What act of God is required to motivate Erik to order an intern there to type into the message box, "Checking in. We're still involved. Nothing new to report. Steve's monthly report forthcoming shortly." ???

Post #: 83
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 4:18:52 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

28th November 2012

22nd December 2012

29th December 2012

Haha what an absurdity! Good Lord, you're not afraid to show your buttocks to the crowd, I'll grant you that. Smart move not providing links, so context is absent. The first quote has nothing to do with Steve and is response to bo and some others (Extraneous or Milzn maybe?) revealing their ages and my being shocked at being the youngster in the crew. Good natured ribbing. The second is actually in defense of Steve, who revealed his difficulties and then was attacked in a separate thread for not working on AI -- I'm using hyperbole to shine light on priorities, and this may mark my last actual defense of him. The third has nothing to do with Steve, again, and is a jibe at you old coots.

Can you unclutch the hem of your skirt and come down now from that chair? Your feminine mannerisms are disconcerting.

warspite1

Of course. My mistake. You have spent the last six years praising, encouraging and defending Steve, so that was naturally another example of that. You are an absurd little man.

Post #: 84
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 4:27:02 PM   
CrusssDaddy

Apology accepted.

Matrix? Heeeelloooooo...???

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 85
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 4:28:37 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+ 1

Bo
warspite1

Hi Jose the whine is returning even though I have tried to keep it to a whimper and my so called constructive and social person is starting to crumble as time goes on. But I do appreciate your comments about me.

crussdaddy does not bother me in the least, in fact I find him amusing as he pushes posters button and they get all indignant and frustrated as he sits back in his easy chair thinking hmmmm got them again.

Bo

Post #: 86
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 4:51:45 PM   
CrusssDaddy

I'm not going to let Warspite get to me, I encourage others to also ignore his childish insults and name-calling. I don't think he's a "troll" because probably deep down underneath it all his heart is in the right place, but probably he could do with a talking to from his mother about manners.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 87
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 5:20:50 PM   
warspite1

Sadly my mother is no longer with us, she died of cancer so perhaps you have a great joke about that you can share too

I am really pleased you don't think I am a troll.... no seriously I am, because I care deeply about what you think.

And in response to the post before, I can guarantee that I do not get frustrated and indignant at your posts - I think the correct words would be bored and saddened. I mean what adult spends six years of his life, box of kleenex in one hand, just waiting for something to fail - and delighting in trashing the work of others. Such a constructive, positive attitude to have. I mean that is not sad at all is it?

Anyway, its been... well its been, so I'll let you have the last word and I promise not to engage in dialogue with you again. Don't disappoint me and forget the cancer/dead mum joke now.

P.S Pleased you liked my buttocks btw .

Post #: 88
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 5:26:40 PM   
CrusssDaddy

Sorry about your mom, that's a drag. Hope she at least made it to a ripe old age. Here's your cancer joke:

Doctor: "Well, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. There's no easy way to say this: You have cancer, and you have Alzheimer's."
Patient: "Oh, thank God. It could have been much worse -- at least I don't have cancer!"

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 89
RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. - 6/2/2015 5:38:11 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Sorry about your mom, that's a drag. Hope she at least made it to a ripe old age. Here's your cancer joke:

Doctor: "Well, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. There's no easy way to say this: You have cancer, and you have Alzheimer's."
Patient: "Oh, thank God. It could have been much worse -- at least I don't have cancer!"

warspite1

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: State of the game and future plans (?) May 2015. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI