Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Tracker now Works in Linux

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Tracker now Works in Linux Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tracker now Works in Linux - 11/17/2017 7:36:57 PM   
witpqs

The new Intel Monkey is packaged into an executable and that is handled by an executable installer. Roger is running a Mac with Parallels and he has been running the installer and then the executable just fine, just like he was on MS Windows. So I've only posted the executable installer to keep things simple. After all, most players are not technically oriented.

But now I see this thread.

Have any of you tried the executable installer - and subsequently the executable program - in one of your Linux setups? Should I make the Python version available?

(in reply to DRF99)
Post #: 61
RE: Tracker now Works in Linux - 11/26/2017 9:35:04 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

The new Intel Monkey is packaged into an executable and that is handled by an executable installer. Roger is running a Mac with Parallels and he has been running the installer and then the executable just fine, just like he was on MS Windows. So I've only posted the executable installer to keep things simple. After all, most players are not technically oriented.

But now I see this thread.

Have any of you tried the executable installer - and subsequently the executable program - in one of your Linux setups? Should I make the Python version available?

Bump. Any of you Linux folks tried the new Intel Monkey on Linux yet?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 62
Intel Monkey runs in Linux - 8/13/2018 11:28:07 AM   
Lowpe

quote:

quote:

Bump. Any of you Linux folks tried the new Intel Monkey on Linux yet?

I am happy to report that Intel Monkey runs absolutely fine on a debian distribution. I haven't played with any of the other major flavors of linux, but expect 0 problems with any of the majors like Mint, Ubuntu or Arch. With Arch you probably need to know what you are doing...but then again if you are using it you most likely already know!

If you are looking to install it, simply use Play on Linux to install it along the lines with this entire guide. I would put the program into your "tools" directory of WITP AE folder and even all your pointers to folders will need minimal correction.

If there is any demand, I will put a pictorial tutorial.

PS: Sorry for the lengthy delay in doing this.

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 8/13/2018 11:29:35 AM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 63
Intel Monkey runs in Linux - 8/13/2018 11:36:36 AM   
Lowpe

Proof of life. This is MX-16, a great linux distro.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 8/13/2018 11:48:47 AM >

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 64
Sound problems? - 9/7/2018 6:16:27 PM   
Lowpe

I figured out the broken link that is prohibiting sound on new installations. A broken link to Play On Linux windows media player, well actually the encoder component.

I have a working link, actually I think now three different links, but simply haven't had the time to put up detailed installation instructions. Also, at some point Playonlinux 5 is coming out, and I suspect it will be fixed there, and since nobody seems to be screaming for the fix I have definitely back burner'd it.

So in the next week or two I hope to test the links, test the instructions and get them up.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 65
RE: Sound problems? - 9/9/2018 1:25:54 AM   
NigelKentarus

I have sound working. I used the libraries in this thread (skipped the errors). But the I also installed the libraries listed for War in the Pacific on WineHQ. There was 1 error there also, but the sound works. I haven't played with it enough to see which libraries aren't necessary.

Fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the plank to Noah's ark. And brother, it's starting to rain.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 66
RE: Sound problems? - 9/12/2018 2:11:37 AM   
NigelKentarus

I reinstalled and sound seems to be working fine. I installed all the libraries (listed in post 53) into the virtual drive, not the application. I haven't tried the video yet as I never watch it. I now have a new problem that wasn't there pre-sound. When it is in the Land Combat Sequence, at the end of combat the game just freezes. Sound and everything stops. The mouse still works so you can click on done, then everything works fine until the end of the next Land Combat. It doesn't happen during Air or Naval, just Land. Maybe it dropped a byte during install, who knows? Anyway, sound seems to work fine. Now to try and work on Java 8 so I can use Combat Reporter and Intel Monkey.

Fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the plank to Noah's ark. And brother, it's starting to rain.

(in reply to NigelKentarus)
Post #: 67
RE: Sound problems? - 1/17/2019 3:25:46 PM   
Lowpe

Play on Linux has released a very easy to install Alpha version of POL V5.0, and it seems real neat. It will support Steam (Proton), as well as a Code Weavers version, direct support and integration with Good old Games (gog). I did a quick install of WITP AE on it and using the recommended settings got the base game up and running very quickly.

Drag and drop files...

Graphical interface...

Many supported versions of wine and pretty easy to understand.

Stand alone installations, very easy....for the latest news or to try out the alpha go here:

https://www.playonlinux.com/en/news.html

(in reply to NigelKentarus)
Post #: 68
RE: Sound problems? - 3/3/2019 8:48:16 PM   
Sharps9

I am trying to get the sound to work. I have POL 4.3.4. The install components for "dsound" and "wmpcodecs" aren't able to be downloaded. I tried to install them directly to the windows partion, to no avail. Any ideas or hints?

Thanks in advance - I found this guide helpful.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 69
RE: Sound problems? - 3/4/2019 3:00:27 PM   
Franciscus

Hi. Similar issue here. I am using Porting Kit / Wineskin Winery (with WINE 4.3) to run WITP:AE on my Mac, running OSx High Sierra.

The game installs and plays well, but without sound/music.

Tried to install the winetricks mentioned in this thread, but the only result was to hang the game.

A minor issue, but any help welcome...

Former AJE team member

(in reply to Sharps9)
Post #: 70
RE: Sound problems? - 3/6/2019 1:03:42 PM   
Lowpe

Yes, there is a broken link for the wmp, a new link was established, but it never made it into POL 4.x because of the focus on developing 5.0.

Last I checked, several months ago, POL 5 was still in beta but much more gui friendly although the broken link wasn't fixed yet in the beta.

Anyhow, I found the new link but neglected to save it. I will look for it as time allows, and perhaps double check on the status of POL 5.

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 71
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Tracker now Works in Linux Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI