Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) is evolving...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) is evolving... Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 3/11/2018 7:28:25 AM   
BrianJH

There has been another update just posted on the ADG website. Not long to wait now!

Battlestations! Battlestations! BAM! BAM! BAM!

World in Flames Collector's edition Update 10 March:

We finally have very good news, EFKO, our Czech printers have just informed us that they will have the first copies of the Collector's edition of World in Flames starting Monday 19th March at the rate of approximately 300 a day (10 days all up to assemble all the games and kits).

We don't quite know the order of production at this stage but the first games released will be delivered to our advance order customers first, both those who order on this website and via our kickstarter campaign.

We are looking for the first few days shipment to go to the furthest destinations, the USA and Australia, and then the next few day's production to Europe (its like OKW doling out the panzers). Thus hopefully by the end of march all our agents around the world will have the games and we shall then onsend them to you.

The advance order discount on the Collector's edition of World in Flames will end at the end of March.

< Message edited by BrianJH -- 3/11/2018 7:34:24 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 121
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 3/11/2018 8:03:51 AM   
warspite1

Hussah - thanks for the update

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to BrianJH)
Post #: 122
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 3/11/2018 6:12:03 PM   
Grotius

Sounds good!

Does anyone know what service they'll use to ship this? UPS or the mails or what? I'll be away from home for a few days just around the time this may arrive, and I don't think I want a $250 game sitting around on my doorstep.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 123
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 3/26/2018 11:16:57 AM   
Capitaine

Latest update from ADG:

World in Flames Collector's edition Update 26 March:
The World in Flames Collector's edition games are all boxed and now being palletted. Shippers are ready and first shipment scheduled (for Australia) on Wednesday. They then go to our agents in Germany, the USA and Australia and then on-shipped to you. Thus you should get your game in your postbox in the next two or three weeks (Germany probably earlier).

If your address has changed since your order please contact your local agent at

Americas: Mark <vnnrtwm@aol.com>

Europe & Africa: Ben <info@richter-kosim.de>

Asia & Pacific Belinda <belinda.belinda044@gmail.com>

Thank you for your patience and trust in our game, our journey has almost arrived.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 124
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 3/26/2018 11:58:50 AM   
Joseignacio

They are sending them to Australia from Chekia, for later delivery to USA and Germany?

It seems that needs some ensambling or checking or else doesn't seem to be very intelligent.

But if they need ensambling or checking it will go further in time than people expected. We go to April.

According to the previous report upstairs:

quote:

We finally have very good news, EFKO, our Czech printers have just informed us that they will have the first copies of the Collector's edition of World in Flames starting Monday 19th March at the rate of approximately 300 a day (10 days all up to assemble all the games and kits).

We don't quite know the order of production at this stage but the first games released will be delivered to our advance order customers first, both those who order on this website and via our kickstarter campaign.

We are looking for the first few days shipment to go to the furthest destinations, the USA and Australia, and then the next few day's production to Europe (its like OKW doling out the panzers). Thus hopefully by the end of march all our agents around the world will have the games and we shall then onsend them to you.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 3/26/2018 2:04:01 PM >

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 125
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 3/26/2018 12:52:23 PM   
Capitaine

It could be that the "first shipment" goes to Australia, and that "[t]hey then" means subsequent, independent shipments... not the "first shipment" going to Australia and then from there to Germany, USA, and Australia. Indeed, why would the game get shipped first to Australia, then shipped again to Australia? At least I'm hoping that's the case but you never know.

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 126
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 3/26/2018 11:22:05 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

They are sending them to Australia from Chekia, for later delivery to USA and Germany?

It seems that needs some ensambling or checking or else doesn't seem to be very intelligent.

But if they need ensambling or checking it will go further in time than people expected. We go to April.

According to the previous report upstairs:

All shipments go first to Barcelona then on to Torquay in the UK. Then Australia, then back to Barcelona.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 3/26/2018 11:29:19 PM >

Paul

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 127
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 3/28/2018 7:08:10 PM   
warspite1

Getting close!! - Big boxes!

https://www.a-d-g.com.au/blogs/news

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 128
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/6/2018 1:27:07 AM   
BrianJH

Posted today on the Kickstarter comments page
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/489244166/world-in-flames-collectors-edition/comments

Gidday Wiffers,

games to Australia were picked up on Tuesday ans should be in Australia clearing customs by the weekend, the games to Europe are being picked up today and should arrive Monday in Germany while the US shipment should be picked up on Monday.

ALl games still have to then be onsent by our worldwide agents but I imagine that our European customers should start receiving their games by the end of next week and hopefully the rest of the world by the following week.

regards
harry

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 129
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/7/2018 4:05:46 AM   
vicberg

I'm sorry, but evolution is a loose term. The base game was balanced. Then Harry realized he was onto something and introduced module after module. Since the game takes years to play out, and he already printed the pieces, maps, since it was a computer game back then, it was too late to change things, then the imbalances started popping up. In todays RAW8 game, he's tried to bring back a sub war, because of all the additional ship counters added in Ships in Flames and Cruiser in Flames killed the sub war. He's tried to add extra actions in order to make the sub war relevant when GE in into Russia. All just band aids. The Allies have a huge advantage with Chrome. I'm not buying this new version because I'm still trying to balance his prior versions. He had a great game with base, but wanted more. I get that. But I'm not going to support it. Not unless someone gives me a 10 VP Axis advantage during bidding. (I'm exaggerating there but not much).

I am willing to do the new version providing Days of Decision are included because everything has to be bought from 1936 onwards using 1936 prod multipliers. So the Allies can have a lot of counters sitting in their build pool. That I can live with and Days of Decision was an awesome add on.

< Message edited by vicberg -- 4/7/2018 4:07:36 AM >

(in reply to BrianJH)
Post #: 130
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/9/2018 5:32:10 PM   
Twisted1

>I am willing to do the new version providing Days of Decision are included because everything has to be bought from 1936 onwards using 1936 prod multipliers. So the Allies can have a lot of counters sitting in their build pool. That I can live with and Days of Decision was an awesome add on

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.
Adlai E. Stevenson

(in reply to vicberg)
Post #: 131
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/10/2018 12:57:34 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twisted1

>I am willing to do the new version providing Days of Decision are included because everything has to be bought from 1936 onwards using 1936 prod multipliers. So the Allies can have a lot of counters sitting in their build pool. That I can live with and Days of Decision was an awesome add on

+1. Now, that would be a very nice thing to add for MWIF...

Peter

(in reply to Twisted1)
Post #: 132
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/10/2018 1:31:05 PM   
brian brian

There is still the option to play "Classic" without even Ships in Flames. The new rulebook will make that pretty easy; everything to do with counters not included on the 'Classic' counter set is printed in a shaded column which makes it quite simple to skip over as you read.

Classic WiF is still quite a robust game even with Collector's Edition.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 133
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/10/2018 1:52:26 PM   
Joseignacio

I am currently playing without SiF and I loath it. It's a huge advantage for the UK and the cost of the ships is insane.

Of course this is aggravated in our case by not using PIF or CVP, whic makes planes super expensive as well, and CVs too polivalent and too strong.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 4/10/2018 1:53:51 PM >

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 134
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/11/2018 9:00:22 AM   
warspite1

The game should be received by the end of the month is the latest communication.....

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 135
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/11/2018 9:24:10 AM   
Joseignacio

Yes, that's what a friend of mine just was informed of, in a new email from the European factor or representative.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 136
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/15/2018 7:26:13 PM   
warspite1

Oh the anticipation....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=41&v=Jy1Z8z-LJx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcqP5VbKqy4

Frankly that box looks too good to even open

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 137
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/15/2018 8:43:15 PM   
Orm

It does indeed look to good to open. Thank you for sharing.

My precious.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 138
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/17/2018 6:17:35 PM   
Grotius

We'll receive an email when it's on the way? I keep checking, and I haven't received any email since my order was confirmed in December.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 139
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/20/2018 10:50:53 AM   
RFalvo69

The unboxing of the final "Collector Edition Deluxe" version, by the European distributor. It looks both yummy and classy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcqP5VbKqy4

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 140
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/20/2018 11:51:27 AM   
Joseignacio

Warspite posted it earlier but thanks for the intention.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 141
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/20/2018 9:42:42 PM   
RFalvo69

I should have known so...

< Message edited by RFalvo69 -- 4/20/2018 9:44:48 PM >

Post #: 142
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/20/2018 9:43:39 PM   
RFalvo69

via Imgflip Meme Generator

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 143
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/24/2018 1:34:33 AM   
BrianJH

World in Flames Collectors Edition has started shipping!

From the Kickstarter Comments
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/489244166/world-in-flames-collectors-edition/comments

Gidday WiF members,

I have just now closed the Advance order discount price for the World in Flame's Collector's edition game series and the game is now available for general release (distributor and retailer enquiries welcome).

I'd like to thank all the many hundreds of customers who have trusted us with producing a game that will satisfy your requirement for the highest quality gaming experience. I'm honoured by your trust.

The games are now being shipped out. The first huge batch is leaving our European agent on Tuesday while the first Australasian games have already gone out today (in chronological order the immortals getting their games first). The games for the Americas are going through customs in the USA and they should hopefully start shipping out later this week.

To repay the support of all Gold (Classic), Platinum (Deluxe) and first class (Superdeluxe) advance order members who have ordered either on our website (www.a-d-g.com.au) or via kickstarter, if you or a friend of yours (if they've been very good!) would like another copy of the game to play or collect, you will receive the advance order discount price for a year after release (end April 2019 or until we sell out).

To take up this offer, simply place a note with your order saying you are a WiF member and giving your original order (or KS) number and I will ensure the game is processed at the advance order price (Australian$149 for Classic, $299 for Deluxe and $599 for Superdeluxe plus freight). Ignore the price that shoppify says you will pay, I process all the orders myself and I will ensure you get the discount.

Thanks again for your amazing support and I look forward to hearing what you think of the 34 years effort that has gone into the game and the quality of the printing (which in my eyes is the best ever!).

regards
harry

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 144
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/24/2018 8:06:54 AM   
Joseignacio

Interesting.

(in reply to BrianJH)
Post #: 145
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/24/2018 8:25:12 AM   
BrianJH

And FWIW - I've just received an email from ADG to say that my copy is on its way.

Post #: 146
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/25/2018 7:56:16 AM   
juntoalmar

I have kind of mixed feelings here. I'd love to have it, but I fear it may never be out of the box.

Besides that, I will be abroad next year, so it's either:
a) Buy now at a cheaper price knowing that it will be for a couple of years inside a closet
b) Wait until I settle down and buy at full price then

If I choose b) ... in your experience, is it likely that the game will be sold out and that I'd have to wait for a next reprint?

My heart wants to buy it, but my brain says I will be playing MWiF instead...

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/

(in reply to BrianJH)
Post #: 147
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/25/2018 8:18:52 AM   
Timian

It’s very much apples and oranges (when compared with MWiF), but ADG is developing a Vassal Module / The Beta version is due out in about three months / Will be provided to those who purchased the Deluxe and Superdeluxe packages / Followed by v1.0 in about six months / There is an early version of the Vassal Module (“Victory in the West” . . . a.k.a., The Invasion of France and the Low Countries) at the link below / Don.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y93vgnnoxxdltin/WiF%20CE%20Fall%20of%20France%20Vassal%20scenario.zip?dl=0

< Message edited by Timian -- 4/25/2018 8:20:38 AM >

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 148
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/27/2018 6:26:42 AM   
warspite1

My copy has arrived! Hussah!

The box is just too good to open, but I will give it the once over, make sure all components are there, and then it has to be put away as its my birthday present.

(in reply to BrianJH)
Post #: 149
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 4/27/2018 8:43:16 AM   
Joseignacio

The discount upstairs not only applies to the mentioned but has been open to the Wifdiscussion list in Yahoo.

quote:

Long time no hear! [...]

Well you will be glad to hear that it has just been released and if you want a sneak peek check the 2 vids by our European agent here https://www.a-d-g.com.au/blogs/have-your-say/world-in-flames-collectors-edition-update.

To all who have already ordered sight unseen thank you very much for your support. To others still on the fence, because of your great support over the years (not least by contributing to this list) and because of my lese majeste in not coming here earlier, I'm happy to extend the advance order period to buy World in Flames: the collector's edition (Classic - Australian$149, Deluxe - Australian$299 & Superdeluxe - Australian$599 plus freight) until the end of May exclusively to current subscribers to this list.

If you are interested simply place your order including a note (on our site you can place a special instruction when checking your cart) telling us your wiflist subscriber name and that you would like the advance order price. Ignore the price that shoppify tells you you will pay, that's automatic, but I process the orders personally and will ensure you get the discount.

Thanks again for your great support and I hope you enjoy the game. Having got my copy last week I think it is our best ever print run, crisp printing, silky paper and superb registration (not to mention research, analysis, writing, testing, artwork, editing and typesetting) . Hope you like the culmination of my life's work and look forward to your comments.

regards

Harry Rowland

ADG

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) is evolving... Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI