Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Four years later...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Four years later... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Four years later... - 11/5/2017 8:49:31 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

So, you don't want to position yourself. That is fine.. but don't blame the people who will interpret that one way or another.
warspite1

And as usual you don't want to answer direct questions. You are such a coward. Name names - who are acolytes, who are the Amish? Who are these people you choose to liberally insult?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 61
RE: Four years later... - 11/5/2017 8:51:21 PM   
warspite1

quote:

So, you don't want to position yourself. That is fine.. but don't blame the people who will interpret that one way or another.
warspite1

Position myself? What are you on - I've spent 2 pages 'positioning' myself. Now, try answering some questions.

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 62
RE: Four years later... - 11/5/2017 8:59:11 PM   
AxelNL

Guys - can we stop bickering, please?

The situation is what is is - MWiF is slowly getting less bugs, and is at the moment quite playable in solo mode. I admire Steve for his transparancy and tenacity, that alone means I will continue to help him beta testing.

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 63
RE: Four years later... - 11/5/2017 9:02:28 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

Guys - can we stop bickering, please?

The situation is what is is - MWiF is slowly getting less bugs, and is at the moment quite playable in solo mode. I admire Steve for his transparancy and tenacity, that alone means I will continue to help him beta testing.

warspite1

I'd be very careful voicing those seditious (against Dabrion and his acolytes) views AxelNL. By the way, you're not Amish are you? Dabrion wants to know.

P.S And according to RFalvo69 you are (and I quote):

quote:

defending the idea that...

...a stunningly unfinished product, still bug ridden after four years of patches (by its own developer's admission), presented and sold as finished (it wasn't, it isn't), where any game (and they are long games) can be interrupted by the next bug, and with no official warning whatsoever about the situation (only a post, here, in 2015)...

...Is a perfectly acceptable business practice because you say "MWiF is slowly getting less bugs, and is at the moment quite playable in solo mode".

I mean don't get me wrong, you never said any of that but apparently that's how it works around here.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/5/2017 9:14:45 PM >

(in reply to AxelNL)
Post #: 64
RE: Four years later... - 11/5/2017 9:11:57 PM   
Dabrion

Sorry, my time is up for today. Tune in for the sequel tomorrow 8pm! Cya fans \o/

“WiF is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.”
- Richard P. Feynman, 'WiF, Sex, and the Dual Slit Experiment'.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 65
RE: Four years later... - 11/5/2017 9:16:39 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Sorry, my time is up for today. Tune in for the sequel tomorrow 8pm! Cya fans \o/
warspite1

Oh what a shame. You had to go - just when I thought you were actually going to answer some direct questions. Oh well, never mind eh, I'm sure you would've done if it wasn't for that pesky old father time....

Listen, like PocelainBus, and like RFalvo69, if you don't want to answer the questions and provide the quotes then fine, but don't blame the people who will interpret that one way or another.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/5/2017 9:28:32 PM >

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 66
RE: Four years later... - 11/5/2017 9:58:47 PM   
RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1
quote:

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

P.S And according to RFalvo69 you are (and I quote):

quote:

defending the idea that...

...a stunningly unfinished product, still bug ridden after four years of patches (by its own developer's admission), presented and sold as finished (it wasn't, it isn't), where any game (and they are long games) can be interrupted by the next bug, and with no official warning whatsoever about the situation (only a post, here, in 2015)...

...Is a perfectly acceptable business practice because you say "MWiF is slowly getting less bugs, and is at the moment quite playable in solo mode".

I mean don't get me wrong, you never said any of that but apparently that's how it works around here.

I mean... Warspite... come on! He basically said that in the very post you quoted!

However, Axe/NL is right: [irony]it's four years that we are unpaid beta-testers for a game we paid as whole. Why to stop now?[/irony]

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 67
RE: Four years later... - 11/6/2017 11:47:09 AM   
IainMcNeil

No personal attacks please - I am locking this thread.

I'll pass on to Erik to comment.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 68
RE: Four years later... - 11/7/2017 3:17:24 AM   
Erik Rutins

I apologize to those that feel they have not received their money's worth from MWIF. We have discussed this before, but while our intentions have always been honorable, clearly the execution has fallen short for many of our customers.

I've posted before regarding our thoughts on the release, the state of the game and our post-release plans. I won't reiterate all that here - please have a look at those previous posts if you'd like to. I will say the following. WIF is an incredibly ambitious undertaking to port to the computer, especially as a continuation of a previous project that was never completed. Steve took on a Herculean task and despite many challenges and setbacks has stuck with it. MWIF is without a doubt the most complex game with the largest code base and the largest amount of "legacy" code that we have ever had to work on and that can't be separated from the state of the game and the pace of progress on the game. The many possible corner cases and options mean that it is also very challenging to test and debug. With that said, we have consistently underestimated the amount of work each feature will take to complete and each bug will take to debug, but our intention remains to keep going until we finish NetPlay, debug the remaining bugs (the list has been consistently shrinking, if slowly) and hopefully, eventually, add in the AI.

We made the decision several months ago to switch away from our NetPlay focus to push towards a new official update based on customer feedback. You've seen the many betas and hotfixes that resulted from this push, but the good news is that the official update passed testing late last week and should be released this week. After the release of this next official update, I had promised a new state of the game post and that will follow the update release.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 11/7/2017 3:18:46 AM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Four years later... Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI